Junk Mail Filter Will Not Update

Automatic updates have never worked for me and none of the
issues cited are relevant. Downloaded SP1 update and
installed manually (message indicated successfully). Site
indicated I should update the Junk Mail Filter for Outlook
as well. Downloaded the update file for manual
installation but when executed I receive the following
message "The Expected Version of The Product Was Not Found
On Your System". What now?
0
anonymous (74722)

What is your version of Outlok when you choose Help-> About?
Did you use this update?
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=d8ded71e-89ed-4473-9640-13a2b799564e&DisplayLang=en

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-Navigation Pane Tips & Tricks

-----
"Johnson" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Automatic updates have never worked for me and none of the
> issues cited are relevant. Downloaded SP1 update and
> installed manually (message indicated successfully). Site
> indicated I should update the Junk Mail Filter for Outlook
> as well. Downloaded the update file for manual
> installation but when executed I receive the following
> message "The Expected Version of The Product Was Not Found
> On Your System". What now?

0
Roady
7/28/2004 11:47:02 AM
Thanks, the update file you sent me appears to have
worked.

FYI - The update files offered on the SP1 update page
don't.

0
anonymous (74722)

Auto-update Fill Series in column that has randomly spaced blank c
Hi, I have a worksheet of projects listed by quarter. A cell (say A6) contains QTR 1, followed by cells in column A filled with a series (1,2,3...say up to 12). Then comes a blank row followed by a row containing words "QTR 2" and then the fill series continues from where it left under QTR 1 i.e. 13,14,15...say up to 18. And so on for QTR 3 and QTR 4. When a new project is added, I want to be able to add a row and with minimal steps, want the fill series below this added new project, to update. When I delete a row (project), I want the fill series to automatically ...

Problems with outgoing e-mail
I am having problems sending e-mails out using my Outlook. I am using a high speed connection in my hotel room. The IT person from the hotel said it's because of their security system (spoofing!?!). I am able to use my browser just fine, Yahoo mail works fine, I receive mail in Outlook fine, but can't send any out The error I get is "The SMTP server name you specified cannot be found". The "My server requires authentication" is checked. I'm afraid it is not my Outlook, and the hotel can't do anything else I appreciate anyone's help. On Wed, 19 May 2004...

IMCEA
I am new to Microsoft exchange and am looking out for details on IMCEA (a.k.a. Internet Mail Connector Encapsulated Addressing). 1) The first very basis question is what is IMCEA. 2) How does routing happen when we send an email using IMCEA. 3) Does exchange strip IMCEA<type> string before send the destination address to connector or it sends it as is. E.g. Suppose I have a connector that can understand SMS address type. Now, using OL i send an email to IMCEASMS-123456789@localdomain.local. In this scenario, what will be the recipient addres in my connector? a) IMCEASMS-123456789@l...

Filters
Hi I have a spreadsheet that contains many cols of which one displays dates. I very often had to select entries by date, so I apply the filter and select the require date, and then copy the results to another sheet to work on I would like a macro that would automate the entire procress Load the file, apply the filter and then copy the reults to another worksheet. I am stuck on how to pause the macro to input the the required date- which varies quite a bit. Will any one help please Thanks ...

Microsoft Office 2003 Updates
I am able to download but not install the following updates - Update for Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Junk Email Filter (KB975958), Office 2003 Service Pack 3 (SP3), and Update for Office 2003 (KB907417). For each failure I receive the same error code - 0x80070643. I have tried to download the Genuine Microsoft Tool to validate my Office 2003 Software but it won't download. I have tried to use logs to find the specific error but it does not work. Can anyone help me? I am no longer able to open Outlook 2003. -- Thank you. Lucy Description of the update for Office ...

Forwarding e-mail with rules from another e-mail address.
Hi, I have two e-mail accounts. Once I manually forward my mail from the other account to my other e-mail account, I would like Company X's mail to go in the Company X's folder. Any ideas as to how to set up a rule for this? Thanks in advance. Just edit the Rule to add a move action. <moochito@invalid.hotmail.com> wrote in message news:99cmp1pkc7qnp96bp4k72aiogvc11jntb4@4ax.com... > Hi, > > I have two e-mail accounts. > > Once I manually forward my mail from the other account to my other > e-mail account, I would like Company X's mail to go in the C...

windows mail
My windows mail is not working, it will not let me send out any messages and this just started today, I was able to send out messages a couple days ago. Can anyone give me any suggestions as to what the problem may be? Thanks Diana, This newsgroup deals with Microosft Acccess, a relational database application. Your best bet is to try a newsgroup that deals with your particular email program. (Outlook? OutlookExpress?) -- hth Al Campagna Microsoft Access MVP http://home.comcast.net/~cccsolutions/index.html "Find a job that you love... and you'll neve...

Caleder updation
Hi experts, We're installing Win2003+Exchange2003+Outlook2003. We are facing the problem that Exchange does not refresh user's caleder until he/she opens Outlook. Of course we know this is MS's specification. But we are now using web-based e-mail system and its "realtime refreshed" calender. So we have to show users our solution for it. Your any advise or comment is highly appresicated. Which web-based e-mail system are you using? Outlook Web Access? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "hanchan" &l...

Filters #3
In Excel 2000, I have a spreadsheet that the filter worked fine. I used it for a lot of "contains" filtering. It now appears that since I've added additional text to some cells, when I do a filter, I'm not seeing all the unique values in the drop down filter list. I've checked the area selected and this is fine. Any recommendations? Hi Katie There is a limit http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter02.html#Limits You can use EasyFilter maybe (No problem there) http://www.rondebruin.nl/easyfilter.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Kat...

blocking incomming mail
How do I block incomming mail except from addresses I have in my address book? Outlook version please??????? --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, George asked: | How do I block incomming mail except from addresses I have in my | address book? What version of Outlook do you have ? Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] wrote: > Outlook version please??????? > > --=81 > Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] > > P...

Try on corrective update
--bedhrrmk Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="hjpjsgpgnoozjuaed"; type="multipart/alternative" --hjpjsgpgnoozjuaed Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="hvvdwctiv" --hvvdwctiv Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Partner this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to prote...

Junk mail folder synchronization
Dear all, Our server is running win server 08 + exchange 07 and our staff use outlook 03. We all have two mailboxes in outlook, one is server mailbox, another one is pst file store in local pc. We have the email synchronize problem in junk mail folder that some of the junk mail auto synchronize to local pc mailbox but some of the junk mail received in server mailbox. Why some of the junk mail cannot receive in local pst mailbox? Is it having some problem on Exchange server? Thank you very much. Best regards, KenL "KenL" <goukilee@yahoo.com.hk> wrote in message news:uM...

numerals in a mail merge
Word 2003 on Windows XP I have some numbers with varying numbers of decimals. I have them in Excel. I formated them with two decimal places. When I bring them in to Word as a data source, they are showing a larger number of decimal places in some cases. 0.2 in Excel may come out as .200000000001, for example. ( I am guessing at the number of zeroes) Next, I copied the numbers and pasted them in NotePad to lose any formating and then pasted them into a new spreadsheet. But when I bring these into a mail merge, I am getting the same results. What am I doing wrong? I would l...

My Microsoft office will not convert to the full product,
I go to convert it, and enter my product key, then click install, and it says shut down all 2007 office products, so i do and go back in to activate, and it just says to convert again. ...

Undelivered message for mail I didn't send
I'm starting to get some "undelivered mail" messages and the address that is shown is one that I haven't sent mail to, EVER. What is wrong, and how do I fix it? Thanks. is it spam or legit mail? Spammers often forge the from address so it has a better chance of getting through spam filters. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and...

Old emails previously filed into subfolders going to Junk Email
We're on Exchange 2007, and most of the clients run Windows XP with Office 2003. So far this has been running fine. Though recently we've updated some of the clients to Office 2007, these clients are now finding that sometimes emails they've previously open, then filed into subfolders, now appear in their Junk email folder. Also if you right click these emails and mark as not junk, it actually asks if you wish to move back into the specific subfolder it should be in (not the inbox). I've googled and I wasn't able to find any other cases of this, so I'd ...

Filter List Box
Hello, is there a way to filer data from a List Box like is done for forms? I will use 2 combo Box to filter data as follow: Box1Options: Active, Incative All (meaning: show all record, show only if active is true or only if active is false) Box2Options: Red, Green, Yellow, Purple (Show only record where Red is true, or Only these where Green is true and so on The selections can run in any combination, meaning that you may or may not have acombination from each combo box. Thank you, Silvio Thank you, Silvio The listbox can be populated from a query so there is noth...

Office 2007 Word will not save
Running office 2007 but it will now not save any Word document created using save or save as, this is on a Vista os . I have tried uninstalling defragmenting and reinstalling but issue continues, error report is as follows. Please help as I cant do any work now. Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: WINWORD.EXE Application Version: 12.0.4518.1014 Application Timestamp: 45428028 Fault Module Name: unknown Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0 Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000 Exception Code: c0000005 Exception Offset: 00000001 OS Vers...

filter #6
why does filter not show every choice in the column below...sometimes it does, but many times some of the cell's contents do not appear Autofilter will show only the first 1,000 unique entires. For a workaround, see Debra Dalgleish's Limits to Dropdown Lists http://contextures.com/xlautofilter02.html#Limits In article <CEF672C6-918B-40CF-85CE-08E9C9B1618B@microsoft.com>, "david bloom" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > why does filter not show every choice in the column below...sometimes it > does, but many times some of the cell&#...

looking for mail server for testing client on local machine
I am developing software for add-in on Outlook client, but am doing this in a 'closed' development environment. I'm looking for a 'pseudo-mail-server' that could run on the local machine to send and receive emails (testing environment only). Someone must have done this before.... If you use your favorite search engine for look for "free POP3 server," = you should find what you need.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart ...

OWA "password will expire" issue
Hi, When a user's password is about to expire and they receive the "Your password will expire in x days" message is OWA, their initial login will fail with a "You are not authorized to view this page" error. If the user refreshes the browser at this point, the page will come up without any further input from the user. Once the user changes his password, he can log in as normal. Does anyone know what causes this and how to make it go away? Our passwords expire every 45 days and I don't want to have to answer calls about this issue constantly! Thanks, Rich...

Automatically update pivot table when switching to sheet that the pivot table is in
What would the code be to automatically refresh a pivot table when you open the sheet that the pivot table is in? Today, I changed data in the sheet that the pivot table draws from and forgot to refresh the pivot table. Fortunately, I caught my error in time and refreshed the table before I gave it to the boss. I would like the pivot table to refresh whenever I switch to the sheet that the pivot table is in. Thanks Try using the Worksheet_Activate event to update the PivotTable like: Private Sub Worksheet_Activate() PivotTables("PivotTable1").RefreshTable End Sub hth, jay <b...

mail merge #19
I am trying to print 220+ newsletters with mail merge. in the past (without mail merge) they have printed form my computer to the copier (Toshiba estudio 3511) with out problems. they are 4 pages, ledger paper with a fold in the middle. when I tried to print them with mail merge, if I ask it to fold, it printed all the newsletters folded them in half all together. is there a way to print them individually, or is there a setting in publisher somewhere that will keep them from printing alltogether? From Ed Bennett: Publications are not individually collated and stapled when you use t...

Automized E-mail dispatch
Hi! I am looking for a way to automatically send an email each monday from a machine with no user logged in. Problem is, the mail needs to contain one of these outlook survey fields where receipients can click "Yes I have read this email and understood its contence" or something like that. Is there a way to do that without actually starting up outlook? Kind Regards Fabienne fabienne.rakusan@gmx.at <fabienne.rakusan@gmx.at> wrote: > I am looking for a way to automatically send an email each monday from > a machine with no user logged in. There MUST be a user logged i...

Office 2008 updates too problematic
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel After hours and hours of frustrating work trying most of the suggestions on these forums to get updates to install, I finally have the simplest of solutions: Don't even entertain the novel concept you need or want a custom install of Office. That's it. That's the new rule. DON'T CUSTOMIZE YOUR MAC (or at least not your Mac Office) !! I know, I know. Like me, some of you may THINK you don't need Portugese Proofing Tools and you may actually PREFER not to load Microsoft Messenger, but trust me, YOU'...