Junk Mail Filter Update - KB956077

I just installed the latest Update for Outlook 2003 Junk-Email Filter
(KB956077) thought Windows Update (Vista Home Premium) and now my Junk mail
filter isn't working at all.  What do I need to do to get it back working?

Thanks

0
dberry1 (3)

I also had a problem after installing this - plus a few other updates from
Windows. My problem was different - none of my Office 2003 applications would
start up!

To recover I used the System Restore utility ( Start | All Programs |
Accessories | System Tools | System Restore ) and restored my system to the
point just before the updates were applied.

Try it - it may get your Junk mail  filter working again.

David Berry wrote:
>I just installed the latest Update for Outlook 2003 Junk-Email Filter
>(KB956077) thought Windows Update (Vista Home Premium) and now my Junk mail
>filter isn't working at all.  What do I need to do to get it back working?
>
>Thanks

0
oldguy
9/12/2008 2:18:38 AM
"David Berry" <dberry@mvps.org> wrote in message

>I just installed the latest Update for Outlook 2003 Junk-Email Filter
>(KB956077) thought Windows Update (Vista Home Premium) and now my Junk mail
>filter isn't working at all.  What do I need to do to get it back working?

Use Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel to remove that update.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16052)
9/12/2008 1:51:26 PM
I tried.  I get "Fatal Error during Installation"

"Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]" <tillman1952@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> "David Berry" <dberry@mvps.org> wrote in message
>
>>I just installed the latest Update for Outlook 2003 Junk-Email Filter
>>(KB956077) thought Windows Update (Vista Home Premium) and now my Junk
>>mail filter isn't working at all.  What do I need to do to get it back
>>working?
>
> Use Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel to remove that update.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
dberry1 (3)
9/12/2008 5:31:07 PM
I just un-installed the last two updates and re-installed KB956077 and it's
still not working. What's happend to stop the filter from catching the spam.
No choice of settings works.

"David Berry" wrote:

> I just installed the latest Update for Outlook 2003 Junk-Email Filter
> (KB956077) thought Windows Update (Vista Home Premium) and now my Junk mail
> filter isn't working at all.  What do I need to do to get it back working?
>
> Thanks

0
SteveB (39)
9/16/2008 8:57:01 PM

>I tried.  I get "Fatal Error during Installation"

Then use System Restore to roll back to before you installed the update.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16052)

Customize Current View: Filter Problem

update column

Meeting updates #2

Outlook Send/Receive mail SLOW

Money Plus not Updating Quotes

Filters in Excel 2003

Setting up a new e-mail account

Replying to an Outlook e-mail

Phone Number Filtering

Online Price Updates
Somehow online price updating was turned on in my file. I have turned it off. However, when I go to delete the erroneous past-dated Online Prices for a particular stock, it appears they are initialling deleting, but when I return to the stock later, all the deleted online prices (from the past) are re-instated. It is as though none of the price deletions I performed have taken effect. How do I clean up these erroneous past online price updates? ...

Symbol Updating Only Every Few Days (if at all)
Using Money 2006, and have a symbol "VLO" that is only updating every few days. This stock was a duplicate (downloaded transaction created a new version of the same stock - my fault not clicking correct choice when asked). I've removed the symbol from the stock entry that was downloaded, renamed this entry to something bogus, deleting this renamed stock "from all accounts", then added the symbol back to the original VLO stock that I've been tracking for years. Now the stock just says "unch" in the portfolio view, and the price history is only updat...

Spam Filtering HELP
I recently started a new job, and discovered after day one, that I had inharited a spam mess. Now the previous admin ad installed a Symantic Spam Server Prox which in my opinion, was a complete waste of money as it does not allow for blocking IP addresses. Now here is the question; I am running Exchange 2003, and am looking at setting up the Conection Filter under Message Delivery to block messages based on IP address. The problem is that when I save the IPs to be blocked, I get a message stating that the Connection filter "has to be enabled manually through the specific SMTP virtual serv...

Duplicate E-Mail #4

Odd e-mail duplication problem

Taste this important update
--cgzxgrfb Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="uessxwmvq"; type="multipart/alternative" --uessxwmvq Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="mweirjjojzzphfh" --mweirjjojzzphfh Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to m...

Updating External Links Excel 2000 vs 2002/2003