Junk Mail Filter Ignores Setting to Ignore Contact List Members

I find that the Outlook 2003 Junk Mail filter ignores my Safe Sender list in
some cases.

I have several lists and users that I get mail I want from but most mail
from them go straight into the junk e-mail folder instead of being ignored
by outlook as they should. Same applies to some people on my contact list,
i've set the
junk mail filter to ignore email from people on my contact list but it
doesn't help.

It appears that certain words and/or short messages triggers the junk mail
filter but then it bypasses the "ignore people on my contact list" and "safe
sender list" setting.

It's Outlook 2003 En. all service packs and patches collecting e-mail from
regular POP 3 mail server.

What to do ?
0
Alexander (39)

Alexander <Alexander@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I find that the Outlook 2003 Junk Mail filter ignores my Safe Sender
> list in some cases.

Have you applied all service packs?
--
Brian Tillman
0

And it's been this way from day one through service packs and patches.

I am hoping for an answer to my problem and service packs won't fix this.

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

> Alexander <Alexander@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > I find that the Outlook 2003 Junk Mail filter ignores my Safe Sender
> > list in some cases.
>
> Have you applied all service packs?
> --
> Brian Tillman

0
Alexander (39)

Mail Merge Excel Data with Publisher for 4 up postcards
Hi, I have been browsing and searching for help on this issue to no avail. What I am trying to do is mail merge a 2 sided 4 up postcard with my Excel 2003 data. On the front of Publisher 2003I have the Address Block which is no problem, however when I try to import the matching customer data to the back of the postcard it does not match up at all with the front. I have also 2 publisher files setup, 1 for the front of the postcard and 1 for the back. I know the Excel data has to be in this format for the mail merge to work correctly using this formula posted by Doug Robbins: =IF(MOD(A2,2)=1,A2...

Exchange e-mail address attributes?
Hi! :-) I'm writing a script to find all a users e-mail addresses (to get rid of old sub domains) but I'm not sure I'm looking in all the available attributes... A list of these would be perfect! I'm also interested in updated lists of ad and exchange attributes. I've got some xls files but they're old and only have text descriptions of very few of the attributes. Thanks a million!!! :-) /Sofia The main mail attributes for exchange are mail targetaddress proxyaddresses If you don't actually need a script, but just need a list of smtp addresses try this ...

Saving user account settings to a network folder
I have been able to set Outlook to look to a network folder to see the Outlook file that has the user's mail account set up in it. However, the customized signature and other program settings are not saved in this file (outlook.pst). Is there a way to save all of the customizations to the newtork as well (another file)????? Thank you in advance for your assistance. Hi Jonathan I recently had to upgrade from Ex5.5 to Ex2k and the only way I could do this was to export all the user data to a pst file and import it in to Ex2K. The only draw back was that all the things such as rules...

Mail account has dissapeared
I have a mail account on my exchange server that has lost all the email from a users mail box and i am abit concerned that the sh1t is gonna hit the fan soon! In the mail box rescoures it shows that the user has only 8 items in this mail box( this should be around 1000 or so) and that the size is a wooping 500 meg! does any one know firstly what might have hapened and secondly how i can retirve these files? where have all the emails gone and why does the mail box say that their is 8 items in the account? All the other mail accounts are OK. Willa <uksupport@ncl.com> wrote: &...

Outlook 2007 mail templates
I have som old html mail templates i used in office 2003, i can't figure out how i use them in office 2007, how do i install them into office 2007? html stationery or outlook template format? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to ...

Mail size limit
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop Every time I try to send an email with an attachment over 2GB, I can get an message unable to send due to file size exceeds limits. Is there a fix or ideal solution to increase the limit or to turn off size limitations? Unfortunately most mail hosting company's have a size limit no more then 50mb. This is considered a standard. <br><br>Recommend splitting the file into smaller .zip or .rar files or transferring your data directly to a server where people can access using FT...

E-mail Queue
Hello, I've followed TechKnowledge article 870063 and have e- mail queues working from external addresses. How do I get e-mail to flow to these queues from internal Exchange addresses? We would like to use CRM email exclusively for this account. Thanks for any help. Scott Internal email can't be routed to queues unfortunately. I am not aware of anyone finding a workaround for this issue either. Anyone heard of anything? Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Scott" wrote: > > Hello, > > I've followed TechKnowledge article 870063 and hav...

Office Default Mail Client
I removed the beta version of microsoft office and installed the MSDN version this weekend but I can not set the defalut mail client as Outlook. It will not let me edit it in outlook or through control panel. Does anyone know how I might repair this, I tried to fix the mail client in the registery by deleting it and running repair on on the outlook setup but this did not fix my problem. Mark wrote: >I removed the beta version of microsoft office and installed the MSDN version >this weekend but I can not set the defalut mail client as Outlook. It will >not let me ed...

Performance problem in Vista Windows explorer if /SWAPRUN:NET is set on an executable.
I have rather big executables (about 25-35 MB). Because I want my users to easily execute my application, I don't want them to install a bunch of DLL's, just xcopy-install is OK for me (and my customers). Because my software is often run from a network drive, and my customers' networks are not always reliable, I link my executables using the /SWAPRUN:NET option. This guarantees that the whole EXE is loaded in memory before the application starts, and prevents crashes if the network connection is dropped while my application is running. This worked fine so far, BUT ... under...

Can't set Date Properties.
I am working with data that has dates set as text. So in a query I am using a variable that sets the text to a date suing CDATE. At least I thought it did. I notice that in forms etc when I try to set the date property to long, medium etc, there is nothing to choose so presumably it is not a date after all! Any idea what I'm doing wrong please. Cheers. Roger --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.673 / Virus Database: 435 - Release Date: 01/05/2004 Sorted. I hadn't set the function as a date. Well I am n...

Count data or list
I am trying to count a data group and return the quanity of unique entries: It might look like this: The data would be in cols & rows 2 green widgets 25.5 inches long 3 green widgets 28.3 inches long 1 brown widgets 52.1 inches long 2 green widgets 25.5 inches long 1 brown widgets 52.1 inches long the result would be: 4 green widgets 25.5 inches long 3 green widgets 28.3 inches long 2 brown widgets 52.1 inches long Any simple straight forward way to do this??? Thanks, Spydor -- spydor ----------------------------------------------------...

Adding Contact information to a form
Hello - I am trying to get multiple contact entitys to display on a custom entity form. I have created a custom entity called 'Special Account information' It has a number of custom attributes that we do not wish to add directly to the account record. It is the child of the Account entity. I have made the Contact entity a referential child of 'Special Account Information' so it can have its own contacts, whether entered new or selected from the existing contacts in the system. I am working with the main application form. I am displaying all the custom attributes f...

How can you set up a form that the cursor only moves to cells tha.
I have set up a form. Now I want my cusor to move through the worksheet only in certain cells. I want to be able to go from one cell that needs to be filled out to the next cell that needs to be filled out automatically. Example , move from cell a3 to c19 automatically. How can I do that? Hi! You can accomplish that by setting sheet protection. Select all the cells that you want to be able to navigate to then goto Format>Cells>Protection tab. Uncheck Locked. Now, goto Tools>Protection>Protect sheet. A list of options will appear. Uncheck Select locked cells and check...

Incident and Account.Owner / Primary Contact
I've been looking at the deployment manager and It appears what I want is possible but I want to make sure it will not "break" something. In our incident form we have a field called "Case Contact". I would like for this field to be populated with the Account's Primary Contact name that is associated to the account. How can I make this association, is there any documentation about mapping fields from account to incident? I think I'm in worse shape because I need to populate this field with a contact that is associated to an account which does not seem to have...

Combining 2 Text Strings in Body of E-Mail Q
I am trying to create a string of text to place in the message body of an e-mail. Using Ron De Bruins code I've run in to the "Too many line continuations". I've a requirement for 31 lines, but it hits this error on line 24. How can I combine 2 text strings to appear in the message body of the reports. My code with only the first stringbody is:- Sub Mail_New_Version() Dim FileExtStr As String Dim FileFormatNum As Long Dim Sourcewb As Workbook Dim Destwb As Workbook Dim TempFilePath As String Dim TempFileName As String Dim OutApp As O...

Display lists in an arbitrary number of columns
I have written and posted the following articles which will prove useful = to some: Display Lists in Columns Horizontally Using One Cell per Column http://www.braintrove.com/default.aspx?p=3D3&s=3D1&i=3D34 Display Lists in Columns Horizontally Using Individual Cells http://www.braintrove.com/default.aspx?p=3D3&s=3D1&i=3D33 Display Lists in Columns Vertically Using One Cells per Column http://www.braintrove.com/default.aspx?p=3D3&s=3D1&i=3D32 Display Lists in Columns Vertically Using Individual Cells http://www.braintrove.com/default.aspx?p=3D3&s=3D1&i=3D31 ...

Word electronic mail merge trips virus alert
When doing an electronic mail merge in Word, MS Outlook warns: "A program is trying to automatically send e-mail on your behalf. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose No" Choosing Yes begins the merge, then the merge freezes. How can get the merge to work? Using MS Outlook 2k, Word 2k and Excel 2k, running Windows 2k pro. Thanks, Mark Flynn I have "Web Info" I'm working on a solution vie: KB article: q224053 I'll let you know how it works out. Thanks, Mark Flynn "Mark Flynn" <flynn@NoSpam.uci.net&...

Parent / child settings on a second subform?
All, I tried to solve this in December, but without success... I'm not a newbie, but I'm not very good in db desgining as well, it's more like trail and error :)... Ok, so I'm creating a db where the history of submitted documents (which are part of a project) can be traced. A document can be submitted more than once. So in short, this is how it is: 1st level - General project information (displayed on tabpage1); 2nd level - Project related documents (displayed on tabpage2). 3rd level - Muliple revisions of the project related document (displayed on tabpage3). ...

Setting default date system to 1900 versus 1904
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I work in a large corporation that uses excel 100 times a day. My issue is that most of the files we work with are created on Win platform which defaults to the 1900 date system. When I create on the Mac, it defaults to the 1904 date system. I realize I can change the date format in preferences on an individual basis but is there anyway to set the default to 1900 versus me having to remember to go to preferences every time on each individual sheet? Thx On 3/4/09 9:22 AM, in article 59b6e6ef.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,...

Set Expire property of data cache
Dear Friends How to set Expire property of cache in Data Caching. I have taken one Cache["myData"] I only have to give its expire property, not any other property. I just want Cache should expire after 15 minute. Please help me. How to do it. Thanks in Advance "Deep" <vinodkus@gmail.com> wrote in message news:479a2486-2743-4dbf-bbe4-0f192a3222ba@j16g2000prn.googlegroups.com... > How to set Expire property of cache in Data Caching. > > I have taken one Cache["myData"] > > I only have to give its expire property, ...

how do i set up to auto detect duplicated numbers in an excel fiel
I use excel spreadsheets to generate joblists and invoices. I need to ensure that job numbers are not duplicated. I enter my clients numbers here and have had double entry problems. Help!!!! Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/NoDupEntry.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Peabody wrote: > I use excel spreadsheets to generate joblists and invoices. I need to > ensure that job numbers are not duplicated. I enter my clients > numbers here and have had double entry problems. Help!!!! ...

Not in the list event
Hi, I have combo box the takes data from Customerstbl. If a user type into the combo box i would like to propmt him with massage and give hm the option to add it to the table. What is the correct code in the Not in the list event? Thank you , Tom Tom Take a look at http://www.cardaconsultants.com/en/msaccess.php?lang=en&id=0000000011#notinlist for an example, this is something that you can costumize depending on the situation. If you search this forum, or google not in list even you'll get tons more examples. -- Hope this helps, Daniel P "Tom" <part...

Converting an Excel List into Access
I am unable to import a specific excel document into Access. I have done countless other imports and never encountered an error. What are some possible reasons for being unable to import the file? Yes all that shows up is: "An error occured while trying to import(directory path here). The file was not imported" >-----Original Message----- >What happens when you try to import it? Is there an error message? > >Dano wrote: >> I am unable to import a specific excel document into >> Access. I have done countless other imports and never >> encountered...

Stagnant cell for counting filtered data
I want to keep one cell that houses the count of the data depending on how it is filtered and that cell remain visible despite how it is filtered. I can't get the formula =COUNT(C9,C1:C100) to work or get it to stay visible if I change the filter. Place the formula in row 1 that contains your titles...........assuming you have these. =SUBTOTAL(2,C2:C100) the 2, means count If you don't have titles in row 1, place the formula after a blank row below your data. Note: you use COUNT in your original. COUNT only counts numerics. Maybe you want COUNTA which would be =SUBTOT...

RE: Contacts and recovery
Is there a way you can recover a contact that has been deleted from a public folder? Thanks, Rich Hall if you have DIR configured, it's simple...if you're a folder owner, just use "Tools", "Recover deleted items"...what version of Exchange? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Rich Hall" <rhall@spectrumcontract.com> wrote in message news:%23RtAKrpYHHA.4440@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Is there a way you can recover a contact that has been deleted from a > public folder? > > Thanks, > Rich Hall > ...