junk mail buttons

it seems my junk mail buttons are missing "THIS IS JUNK"

any ideas?

outlook 2003
windows xp

0
Meg

Meg <meg(removeme)@yahoo.com> wrote:

> it seems my junk mail buttons are missing "THIS IS JUNK"
>
> any ideas?
>
> outlook 2003
> windows xp

There is no such button in Outlook.  There is (on Actions>Junk E-mail) an
"Add Sender to Block Sender List", but that's not the same thing as marking
a message as junk.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16052)
9/14/2007 8:26:33 PM
Meg,

I beleive Outlook 2007 is the only version of Outlook that has a 'Junk'/'Not
Junk/Spam' button on the interface.
for prior versions you will have to follow Brian's instructions.

regards,
Nabeel

Nabeel Moeen <nabeel.moeen@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I beleive Outlook 2007 is the only version of Outlook that has a
> 'Junk'/'Not Junk/Spam' button on the interface.

Outlook 2007 doesn't have one either, at least as far as I can tell.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
0

--=81
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading. =20

After furious head scratching, Nabeel Moeen asked:

| It sort of does.
| :)
|=20
| At least I assumed this was what it meant (attached)
|=20
| "Brian Tillman" <tillman1952@yahoo.com> wrote in message
|| Nabeel Moeen <nabeel.moeen@yahoo.com> wrote:
||=20
||| I beleive Outlook 2007 is the only version of Outlook that has a
||| 'Junk'/'Not Junk/Spam' button on the interface.
||=20
|| Outlook 2007 doesn't have one either, at least as far as I can tell.
|| --
|| Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
0
MillyS (3228)
9/16/2007 9:17:47 PM
Nabeel Moeen <nabeel.moeen@yahoo.com> wrote:

> It sort of does.

Not in my opinion.  Adding a sender to the Blocked Senders list is not the
same as marking a message as Junk E-mail.  Usually, those anti-spam scanners
that are trainable have "mark as spam" actions and that action modifies the
scanning heuristics.  Outlook's scanning heuristics are not user-modifiable.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16052)

external mail send after reboot
I have a problem on a Exchange 2003 sp2 server. If I reboot the server e-mail messages that can be as old as the last reboot are sent. There are no error no messages in the queues and and message tracking wil report local delivery at once and then a gap (maybe 9 days) and then delivered to external mail servers???? Thanks Peter In news:1158759649.788935.56800@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com, Zpeedyexchange <peter.hoest@gmail.com> typed: > I have a problem on a Exchange 2003 sp2 server. If I reboot the server > e-mail messages that can be as old as the last reboot are sent. There &...

Mail Merge: start mailing from Outlook but they are sent from OutlookExpress
While ago some helped me with using Mail Merge to send out the same message to many adresses (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/287561/en-us) It works but funny thing happens/ I start with Outlook, then it passes the matter to Word Word takes the addresses form Outlook But then it passes the whole thing to Outlook Express. Where and what do I set so that emails are sent from Outlook not from OutlookExpress? Set Outlook as your default mail program for your OS. You did not specify your OS. For Windows XP that would be Control Panel > Internet Options > Programs... -- Russ Valentine [M...

how do i open mail which goes to spam
Just set up my new computer - the only mail i get is a daily spam report - which i don't seem to be able to open any mail from. They do not go to the junk mail floder, or indeed any other folder. How do i get to see my mail? How do i allow non junk mail to go to inbox? Regards, Richard The spam report, if thats what it is, would be either from your Anti Virus/spam application, that you have chosen to intergrate with outlook, or from your ISP if it has spam filtering. Outlook uses a Junk Mail Folder, if you have a Spam folder then you have a third part solution that is intergrate...

Need for Someone to help me in Customized Custom Button
I need to use custom button to add item code to transaction screen but my Item code not always same Item, it can change Itemlookupcode depend on condition including Price or Quantity so that I cannot use Internal command 'PerformAddItem' , I write dll to use qsrules but it's not working , my code like these: Public Function Process(session as Qsrules.Sessionclass) as Boolean dim Entry as TransactionEntry Entry = Session.Transaction.Entries.Add(1,"11200",1,False,1,,,False) Entry.SetPrice(300) end function ****It's not working including c...

Statonaries on replies e-mails
Is there a way to apply my stationaries to my replies and forwards e-mails? Any help will be appreciated Thanks Francisco ...

Opening Mail Attachment
This is a minor issue but when I am confronted with an e-mail attachment the 'Opening Mail Attachment' box is displayed. The 'Always ask before opening this type of file' is always grayed out. How do I change that? And 'Save it to disk' is always checked and I rarely save it to disk, I just want to open it. Can I change that as well? Thanks, DH There's some attachment advice for OL2002 here: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm "Dave Horne" <dave.horne@home.nl> wrote in message news:eej9vlKjHHA.3928@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... ...

Can Not open Draft Mail Merge
HELP -- I created a mail merge document within outlook.. I saved it as a draft and now I can not open the draft... when I click it I get the message "this will do a select * from ..." - I click ok and nothing happens.... When I look at active processes WINWORD appears to be looping ... !!! HELP Can you explain exactly what you saved? Was it the Word .doc or the unsent email messages? -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "...

Contact additions from e-mail addresses
Its become apparent to me that when I type in the first few letters of a recipient that the full contact appears in the Send To space but not all of these appearances are from Contacts. Some seem to be stored from previous sent e-mails. how an I identify or merge or add these items to Contacts? That is correct - the autocomplete list contains names you previously sent messages to. You need to use a utility to save the names not in your address book - see http://www.slipstick.com/problems/nicknamecache.asp for a list. Note that Outlook 2010's Suggested Contacts will create co...

?? deleted ?? folders in Live Mail
Sorry for my english, because i'm italian and probably the translation won't be so precise! When i installed about a month ago Live Mail, I created some archive folders: everything OK. This morning, I created another folder, moved a mail and then closed the application. Later, i reopened it, and all the folders are vanished !!! (ARGH!!) Can anyone pull me out of this deep trouble ??? Hi, Cris. Is your WLMail - on the View | Show or hide... menu - set to show All Messages? Or to Hide read messages? (Sorry, I don't speak Italian, either, so I'll...

mail merge 01-22-10
printing address labels in mail merge from excel and it is skipping every other address. Hi Yvonne, Your problem description suggests you may have two «NextRecord» fields per label. -- Cheers macropod [Microsoft MVP - Word] "Yvonne" <Yvonne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:616664B1-073A-4276-B060-EC2CF8FCC881@microsoft.com... > printing address labels in mail merge from excel and it is skipping every > other address. ...

Outlook Hangs on Spam, cannot delete the e-mail
I am using Outlook 2000 on Windows XP. I received a spam or virus e-mail today that Outlook is hanging on. The subject of the message is "You will not find Pres\cription Drug#s cheaper anywhere else" Please notice the backslash and the pound sign. That might be causing the problem? When Outlook is opened it immediately goes straight to this message since it is the last one received and there is no way of getting rid of it apart from shutting down Outlook. Restarting Outlook does not help. I even tried starting Outlook with the /nopreview option but Outlook still hangs. Then I tried...

Custum Button for macro
Hi Some time ago I recorded two macros integral to the work I do share with three others. I assigned two custums buttons to them , but when I came into work on day the buttons were gone and I cant reassign the macros recorded i Personal workbook again.can anyone help. Kind Regards Decla -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Why can't you reassign the buttons to the macros in your personal.xls file? Has the personal.xls file been deleted? Are the modules/procedures marked as private? Any chance that the toolbar got hidden? Tools|customize|toolbars If you see your toolba...

how to make postcards in word for mass mailing
I wish to make postcards in word for a mass mailing, does anyone know how to do this? Type 'em up and print them out? "lilfrogr" <lilfrogr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F542BCFE-CB4B-4562-9BFE-5DC049864AD9@microsoft.com... :I wish to make postcards in word for a mass mailing, does anyone know how to : do this? If you have the addresses in a format that can be used for mail merge use mail merge See the article "Creating a Mail Merge Data Sourceā€ at: http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateADataSource.htm and the ar...

Missing "Accounts" option button from toolbar
I need to be able to choose the account via which I wish to send or reply or forward email. From the how to help I understand that I am to select which account from the "Accounts" option menu in the toolbar in Outlook 2002. The problem is I do not have an "Accounts" option in my toolbar? Can anyone help? It should be on the Standard toolbar in a new message window. Try resetting the Standard toolbar -- View | Toolbars | Customize, click the Toolbars tab, select Standard, and click Reset. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will ...

FORM MAIL IN OUTLOOK
Hi, I have this code in a html page <form name="form1" method="post" action="xxx@xxx.xxx?subject=RICHIESTA ISCRIZIONE&body=xxxx"> <input type="submit" name="Submit" value="SEND"> </form> This code is only used by 2 computers. The first is running Windows Xp SP2 with Office outlook 2002 no sp. With this computer when i press the send button on form, outlook opens a window with the mail but doesn't send it. (what I want) The second is running Windows Xp SP2 with Office outlook 2003 No sp Whit this computer ...

Assigning macros to custom buttons in Excel (Office 2007)
I just upgraded from Office 2000 to Office 2007. I have macros already written. I have custom buttons already drawn. Somehow I've lost the connection between the two. In 2000, I would click View, Toolbars, Customize, then while the box was still open I would right click and it would let me go into a list of macros and I could pick which one went with the custom button. Now I don't know how. Any ideas? -- Thanks, PTweety ...

Move page button on sidenote
If you want to move a side note to one of your onenote pages, the easiest way is to customize your toolbar to add the "Move Page to" button to the sidenote toolbar. 1- select the drop down at the end of the toolbar 2- Select Add remove buttons and Customize 3- Under commands in the popup windows, select Edit - move page to - button to your toolbar. ...

Undelivered mail
Can i know when my mails sent from outlook 2002 gets undelivered there is a return mail been automatically sent into my inbox informing me of this undelivered mail. However i am not able to know from the bound mail who exactly i sent my original email to, is there anyway to know who i sent to initally?(besides from sent items) You're Undeliverable message should have an attachement on it. If you open the attachement it should have the destination address listed. >-----Original Message----- >Can i know when my mails sent from outlook 2002 gets undelivered there is a return mail ...

inserting space between names in mail merge
When I put the first and last name in, their is no space. Is their an easy way to do it, rather than go back and edit the list and put a space? thanks bruce "Bruce Leavitt" <Notthis1@noidea.com> wrote in message news:OBd6VTGZJHA.1532@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > When I put the first and last name in, their is no space. Is their an easy > way to do it, rather than go back and edit the list and put a space? > thanks bruce > If the first and last names are in separate fields in your data file, it is easy to place a space in them. In the merge document, place a...

Outlook 2007 (Writing new mails problem)
Hey I have just installed Office 2007 (and thereby Outlook 2007). It works perfectly except when writing emails the CPU load is beteween 30% and 100% even when i am not typing. (My system is 2.4Ghz / 1 Gb ram) This is somewhat a showstopper so id any one has experienced/solved this problem i would appriciate some help to continue to help with the Beta program. Regards Anders ...

no notification of incoming mail
when I log into my windows mail acct. I do not know if mail is coming in or not, I have to do it manually, as in send and receive all. Normally at the bottom right of my window when I log into mail, there is notification there saying "working online" "receiving mail" I no longer get this..???? can anyone help. Is the Status Bar missing? (View | Layout). Or is Send & Receive at Startup not checked? (Tools | Options | General). -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Maggie" <Maggie@discussions.microso...

E-mail Macro: MS Outlook
How do I create a macro that will send an entire Excel file to one person as an attachment, then send only the active worksheet to 3 people in the body of an e-mail (mail recipient method), and then print only 5 of the 10 worksheets in the file? Any help with this will be greatly appreciated for if I spend any more time trying to figure this out on my own as as a macro novice, my head is going to explode. The easiest way to do this is to record the macro (Tools/macros/record new macro), but if this doesnot go far enough for what you need to do, here is some code that may help you. ...

Importing Windows Mail (Vista) to Outlook 2003 (XP)
How do you do that? Install Windows Live Mail on the XP computer and import the message store from Windows Mail. After this, you can use the Export function within Windows Live Mail to export your messages to Outlook. For step-by-step details see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/migratefromoewlm.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "Tim H" <Tim H@discussion...

"None of your e-mail accounts could send to this recipient".
Kb seems to recognise there's a problem, using MSO2003 SP1, but offers no fix. Any ideas? I have even tried sending in plain text, single addresses etc, but nothing. Try configuring your account to authenticate to the SMTP server that you are sending thru. (Known issue and MS is working on a fix. No ETA on when it will be available.) "Logicalman" <Logicalman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:659889BE-4634-49A2-8663-1C0795E9E4B5@microsoft.com... > Kb seems to recognise there's a problem, using MSO2003 SP1, but offers no > fix. Any ideas? I ha...

Can't send mail from either of 2 WLM Accounts
Running Windows 7, all WU's current, 3 GB of RAM on an new Acer laptop. running wirelessly at home on an unsecured Linksys router. Have 2 WLM accounts working fine at home. As soon as I take the unit to another location and connect up wirelessly to a secured Linksys wireless network using a network password the computer refuses to send mail. However if I log onto Mail2Web and send mail to either account I can see the mail in either WLM inbox (if sent separately). I tried disabling all antivirus scanners, firewalls,e-mail scanners, etc. to no avail. After trying to send m...