Junk filter ignores rules

I am a member of some mailing lists and I'm finding some of those messages
end up in the "Junk mail" folder. I have rules that sort out the mailing
lists into their own folders, but these still end up in the junk mail
folder, it appears that the junk filter runs before the rules. Is that true?
If so, is there a way to change it.
I am running Outlook 2003 connecting to exchange server 2003 - both are
completely updated.

0
idozaf (1)

Move rule not working
I am running Outlook 2003. I have created a single rule to move an incoming e-mail to another folder if it comes through a particular account. It does not work. However once it is in the inbox, if I go to the rules drop down and have it run now on the inbox it moves it. Any suggestions. Neal Managed to solve my own problem. This is a new laptop computer. It came with some Norton trial version of anti-span, virus, internet stuff. I logged off the the Norton program and the rules worked. I logged back into Norton and they still worked. Who would have guessed. "Neal&quo...

How to filter the QueryTable from a Web query
I use a Web query to obtain a table from a Web page. Before I put the table into a range in Excel, how do I filter some rows out (like only keep rows with the column value greater than 0)? Thanks so much. The best way is to open an internet explorer application and extract only the data you want. I can do this if I had the URL. Here is a simple exabple. Sub findStock() StockName = "ibm" Quant = GetStock(StockName) End Sub Function GetStock(ByVal StockName As String) NoResults = "There are no" Set IE = CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Applicat...

Using Pivot Charts, how to hide field values in second level filters?
Hi - I posted this in the charting group too, but it relates to the underling pivot table really... What I have is a Pivot Chart / Table, where I have multiple filters on the data. For example I have Leagues, Teams, Players. What I have are Leagues and Teams in my page fields and Players on the series axis. This allows me to select the League I want to look at and then the Team within that League. I can then select multiple players (1..n) from that to view the data on. (Assume data is a monthly statistic of some sort). If my data were League Team Player Jan 05 Feb 05 etc........

Filter number range causing runtime rror in search form
Hi, If I run the following 'Number example. If Not IsNull(Me.txtPCode) Then strWhere = strWhere & "([Address5] >= " & Me.txtPCode & " ) AND " End If 'Number field example. If Not IsNull(Me.txtPCodeEnd) Then 'Less than the next. strWhere = strWhere & "([Address5] <= " & Me.txtPCodeEnd & ") AND " End If I get a runtime "You Cancelled the previous operation. However if I replace with 'Text field example. Use Like to find anywhere in the field. &#...

producing a report via a keyword
help needed please........ I am not a formula expert so bear with me please. I know filtering is available but I am trying to save effort as data goes into a seperate report. Basically I have a skill matrix spread worksheet I need to extract data from using a keyword search so: the dbase sheet is designed as: Col a Col B through to Col Z Row 1 Skill title i.e. Excel Row 2 Name Knowledge level between 1 to 5 i.e. 2 Note there is about 100 rows of names. example therefore is: Excel word Colin ...

Categorizing transactions from rules
Hi Several of my bank-accounts are not supported in microsoft money. I have managed to get all my transactions imported using some excel and macros (to QIF), but now I have 760 uncategorized transactions. So can I do something like this: 1. Set up rules from text IE. I know all transactions that have the name of my local grocery store is... groceries. I setup a rule to throw all current and future transactions matching that string to categorize as Groceries. 2. Manually selecting multiple transactions and categorizing them IE. I see 10 transactions, that I want to put in the same categ...

Filter #3
I have a mailing list spreadsheet, and I want to filter it by about 9 Zip codes, how do I do that? You can use the Data Autofilter or Data Sort features depending on what you want the end result to be. You can watch how to use the Autofilter on http://www.auditexcel.co.za/dataclean.html or Data Sort on http://www.auditexcel.co.za/othertools.html . "Fran080803" wrote: > I have a mailing list spreadsheet, and I want to filter it by about 9 Zip > codes, how do I do that? ...

Exch2007: Server-side mailbox rules still run with account disabled
Hi, It looks like this may be alarming be an alarming flaw in Exchange security at least for my company's processes in regards to term'ed employee mailboxes. If somebody sets up a server-side rule that forwards all their incoming to an external address, that rule stays active even after disabling the mailbox. Is there a way to prevent this globally, or are we going to need to manually go into every single mailbox of people who leave the company and clear rules? Thanks. PVD Hello: You can disallow automatic forwarding of e-mails to external addresses globally, but ...

Rules and Signature files
Where are the Rules and Signature files stored in Outlook 2000? I've copied the .pst file which contains the mail, calendar, contacts and other information, but the rules and the signature are not part of it. I would like to be able to create a complete restore when putting a user's Outlook on a new computer, or restoring after a hard drive crash. Rules are stored in the user's inbox (on the Exchange server if using it and in the PST if delivering mail there). Signatures are stored here on WinXP and Win2000: C:\Documents and Settings\<UserName>\Application Data\Mi...

Messages from Exchange internal accounts moved to Junk E-mail folder
The e-mail messages from three internal Exchange accounts (including my own) are delivered into the Junk E-mail folder by Outlook, for this one user. The three accounts can't be added to the Safe Senders list (through right click >>Junk E-mail >>Add Sender to Safe Senders list), because they are internal and a message pops up saying: "The e-mail address for this sender is internal to your organisation and cannot be added to this list." The e-mail client is Outlook 2003, the e-mail server is Exchange 2003 SP2, the OS is Windows XP Pro SP2. I've added the user@do...

Filtering accounts with territory
I have to filter accounts by users in order to show only the accounts of a certain territory for a single user. The filter should apply also and all related records of those accounts. Anyone knows how to do it ? It is related to the roles ? Thanks for your reply Silvio ...

Notification of new messages after Rules applied
I have several rules that move messages (mostly SPAM filters) when they arrive in my INBOX. I woul like to find a way for outlook to only notify me that I have new mail ONLY if the message has not been moved by one of the rules. I do not want the task bar ballon or the ding dong sond to play if the message fits a rule has been applied. Any suggestions on how to implement this would be greatly appreciated. Mike version of outlook? older versions definitely always dinged when rules moved messages and it could not be disabled. You can turn off all notifications and create a final rule that...

Create a macro in Outlook to run a rule
I created a rule in Outlook 2007 for e-mails that have certain words in the subject line, to be deleted. I have checked the rule and made it first but it does not run. I have to run it manually but clicking tools, rules and alerts, run rules, etc. This is pain to do. All my other rules run with no problem, this is the only one that does not run. So I thought I would make a macro on the toolbar and then just click on that and not have to click on tools, rules, etc. How do I do that? Sub RunRuleMyRule() Application.Session.DefaultStore.GetRules.Item("myRuleName).Exec...

CRM Rule Deployment

Visio 2K SR1: Acrobat distiller printer selection ignored
I have had Acrobat Distiller 5.0 and Visio 2000 installed and working togther for years. About a month ago, tried to create a pdf file from one of my Visio drawings by printing to the 'Acrobat Distiller' printer. I go to the printer dialog box, select the Acrobat printer, then hit the 'Print' button in the dialog box. Printed output goes to my default (real) printer instead of to Acrobat Distiller. I have uninstalled/reinstalled my Acrobat 5.0, but to know avail. Unfortunately, I don't know what I might have installed that mucked things up, as the problem didn'...

In an excel chart I want missing data to be ignored
I have several graphs I want to generate from a table of data. Some of the data is missing for certain parameters. Excel will not join points that are not part of a continuous set of data date Na conc. Cl conc 1/3/08 13 6 1/4/08 5 1/5/08 8 1/6/08 4 3 Any ideas Hi, If the cell is truly empty and the line drops to zero select the chart and check, Tools > Options > Chart > Plot empty cells as... If the cell actually contain conditional fo...

Question about using rules on multiple machines
My company just migrated from Lotus Notes to Exchange 2007. Clients are all Outlook 2007. We have a lot of users who have both a desktop and a laptop. Some users have created some formatting rules to have email from certain people come in with a color... Tool / Organize. These rules keep disappearing from Outlook and have to be recreated. Here are my questions: Should these rules be created on one machine or both? If created on just one will they replicate to the others? What can cause the rules to disappear? If you create some rules on one machine and some on the other will that cause problem...

Ignoring text in a cell with a formula
I have several cells which I want tobe able to have text and numbers in, but for a formula to ignore the text. The text is not the same in each cell. ...

Can I use "OR" in two auto-filters/custom filters?
Hi! Columns A and B both have dates entered. Col A is a start date and Col B is an end date. I want the user to filter using a combination of the two. For example... I want to show all lines of data that have dates that fall between 1/1/10 and 5/5/10. That could mean that the start date or the end date falls within this range. So even if Col A starts at 12/20/09, but in Col B, it is ends on 1/15/10, it should still show this line of data. can you help with a formula or filter to achieve this combo? I think it would be an "OR" statement of some kind possibly sinc...

Ignore "-"
I have a script that generates acronyms from company names. It was set it up to ignore of, and, the, etc. (I didn't code it just spec'd it) If Not (UCase(prom) = "OF") And Not (UCase(prom) = "FOR") And Not (UCase(prom) = "THE") And _ Not (UCase(prom) = "AND") And Not (UCase(prom) = "A") And Not (UCase(prom) = "ON") And Not (prom) = "-" Then The problem is I need it to also ignore hyphens so for instance Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine becomes SMFM I tried adding a hyphen t...

Automatic reply using Rules does not put the message in the reply email
I am trying to send an automated message in Outlook 2000 to every email that comes in that satisfies a certain set of criteria. These criteria I have captured in a Rule. I have created a template (.OFT file) which contains the text I want the message to contain. I have put this OFT template file into the above Rule. Here's the problem: the Rule is executed OK when the message comes in, it assembles a reply message (supposedly using the OFT file), and places it in the Outbox. However the message does not contain any text in the body. Any idea why the text I put in the OFT file doesn&#...

The rules limit in Exchange servers
Hi! We are running Exchange Server 2003 on the server side and OutLook 2003 on the client side. Clients are complaining that they can not activate server side rules (error message from Q886616). The problem is that there is limitation of 32 Kb on the server (see Q147298). The question comes here - is it possible to increase this limitation on the server side? Perhaps there is kind of registry key or smthng? Or it is hardcoded and restricted by design? TIA, Zigmars Brants MCSE Everything I have seen about this indicates it is a hardcoded limitation... "Zigmars Brants" <...

Intelligent Message Filter on Public folders
Hi, I'm having some trouble with my public folders. Due to administrative procedures in our company I'm obliged to log all mail sent on certain stores to public folders, this functionality actually works really nice. But since the implementation of IME on Exchange 2003 I am noticing a lot (up to 30-40%) of junk in my public folders. For the users' mailboxes there is no problem since junk is processed almost perfectly (only 2-5% gets through to the actual inbox, the rest is logged as junk). Is there any way to (manually) scan public folders on junk or to prevent this junk ...

e-mail rule?
Hello all, using Outlook '03... I have an e-mail rule that creates a copy of any sent message and moves it to a particular folder--archive folder. This rule, however, deactivates on its own; i.e., it stops working and the box is unchecked when I look at my rules (I have many rules and this is the only one that stops working). I have not adjusted any of my folders! It seems to stop on a Friday (or maybe that's just a coincidence). Any thoughts? alex On Mar 20, 7:11=A0am, alex <sql_...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Hello all, > > using Outlook '03... > > I have an e...

Oops-new question about getting logged off--ignore the first one.
I downloaded IE8 in the last few months. Also, my ISP, Charter.net, has also undergone an upgrade. I keep getting looged off of my ISP. Whenever I search, or go to a new web page, and broswe back or even if I open a new window and close it, many times I have been automatically logged off. I spoke at length with Charter about this and they said it is my *Internet Explorer* setup causing it. Any ideas? Thanks. dpcoltsfan wrote: > I downloaded IE8 in the last few months. Also, my ISP, Charter.net, has also > undergone an upgrade. I keep getting looged off of my ISP. When...