Junk emial rule wizard

The junk email rule is not working where rules for moving messages to different folders are configured.  Outlook version is 2002 with Windows XP operating system.
0
anonymous (74722)

Entourage strange junk problem
Hi, My co-worker got some very strange problem with her Entourage IMAP account. 1. When she reply a certain mailadress (that is in her adressbook) it don�t move to "sent items" but to junk box. When she then mark it "this is not junk mail" it then moves to the inbox. 1. She have now turned off the junkmail protection totally in Entourage. But when i assign a mail to a category it turns into junkmail, but only for certain catergorys. Further on all mail from the one adress that making the trouble described above always change to "junk mail" when she a...

rules question
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C58E9B.93495960 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I'd like to make a rule similar to the one I have - move all emails from a certain SENDER to a specified FOLDER. I want to also make a rule to move to a specified folder, when an email is sent to a specific USER. I don't see how to do this in the canned rules? Has anyone got creative with this and made it work? I can get it to do a COPY, but not a move. Thanks!!! ------=_NextPart_000_0008_0...

Junk mail filter not working
I just set my junk mail filter to "safe lists only" after carefully loading a safe senders list (about 250 email addresses). I also have it check my contacts as safe (about 650 email addresses). Lots of junk mail is still coming to my box. What's wrong? Is there a limit to the number of safe senders? Is this Outlook 2003? Is the mail remaining in your in-box or is it moved to the Junk Mail folder? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my perso...

Junk Filters for IMAP?
One of my accounts is IMAP. Is there a way to use Junk Filters on it? I want to be able to right-click and add sender to the junk filters list. Lady Dungeness Crabby, but Great Legs! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Not 100% sure but I don't think the Junk Filters work on IMAP accounts <LadyDungeness@Fish.Net> wrote in message news:2k70c3pm17hsm54ojr31kk0q2r2enken72@4ax.com... > One of my accounts is IMAP. Is there a way to use Junk Filters on it? > I want to be able to right-click and add sender to the junk filters > list. LadyDungeness@Fish.Net <LadyDungeness@Fish.Net...

Rules Not Working
Hi, Is there any reason why none of the rules I created in WLM work??? They're for my ISP email, not Hotmail. When I "apply" them, WLM goes through the motions but none of my emails mentioned in the rules get moved to their designated folders. I don't have Outlook on this particular computer nor do I have any intentions of installing it. I'm using Vista as well. Thanks In Advance Abb N This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00AF_01CA8CA3.7BD84790 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transf...

Rules & Alerts won't work...
I have been running rules and alerts when I just noticed that one has an X in it. I re-did the entire rule fresh and the X continually comes back. Any suggestions as to why this will not take? I am using it to select emails that are coming from spam centers (i.e.@inbox.ru) and selecting if this appears in the senders email and then I am deleting them. And each time an X appears.... Thanks for your help! That just indicates that it's a rule that deletes things. "Terri" <phiter@mail.com> wrote in message news:u1K9wLusFHA.1220@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... >I have bee...

Filters, Can't Find Exception List In Rules
I'm trying to set up my filters for junk mail. I want junk mail with certain words in the subject sent to deleted folder. I found the filters.txt file and some of the words are already there. So apparently the filter isn't working. I tried to follow the directions on how to turn them on and they said to choose the exceptions entry in the rules wizard but I have no such choice. I know how to edit the filters.txt file but Outlook is not using it. Can anyone help? The Filters.txt file isn't actively used by Outlook -- it's really just a "readme" type file to sh...

Custom Installation Wizard
I'm trying to migrate our organization from our 3rd party POP mail server to Exchange 2003. Here's some background: - We'll upgrade to Office 2003 next year, but for now we need to continue using Office 2000. - Our workstations are currently running unmanaged installations of Office 2000. - Outlook is configured on each workstation to use our POP mail server. I want to bring Office into a managed state by deploying a customized software installation package via GPO. I want this package, when deployed, to replace or modify a user's current Outlook profile so that the resulti...

OWA forwarding rule trouble
I use OWA to check my student email at college, but the admin gives us hardly any room for messages. My inbox gets filled in about a week and then automatically shut off. I've missed important emails before when on vacation or simply when I forget to check because the box fills up so quickly. In order to solve the problem I thought I'd just forward everything to my gmail account, but I ran in to issues. I have the option to forward messages (so I don't think that it is disabled...) and I'm pretty sure I set it up right. Instead of forwarding my messages to my other email, the m...

Build-in wizard
Dear All, I don't know why, now when I add a Command Button, it won't open the wizard to ask me questions ( open query, open form, run macro, quit etc ). Why this happens? I know this is a build-in wizard so that I can't find any place I can set the wizard is on or off. Any recommendations are very much appreciated. Thanks. Regards, Kenneth With a Form or Report open in design view and with the Toolbox displayed, click the Wizard Icon (wand and stars). You should be able to see it toggle on and off. HTH -- -Larry- -- "Kenneth Ho" <hoken@hknet.c...

Letter Wizard formatting
I have installed the office suite on my I-Book that is running OS 10.2.6. I have installed all the updates. My problem is when I run the letter wizard or make a new project in the project gallery the information gets formatted to the top of the new document. I have deleted and reinstalled the office suite, deleted the normal doc. If anyone can help if would be much appreciated. Hi Patrick, My first suggestion is pretty easy to do. Use Disk Utility First Aid to repair permissions Then try again. -Jim Gordon Mac MVP All responses should be made to this newsgroup within the same thread. Than...

Entourage
How can I auto delete mail I have identified as junk mail? Create a junk mail rule. It will automatically delete mail identified as junk by the Junk Mail Filter and your own rules, but you'll need to run the rule manually on mail you manually mark as junk. <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/rules/rules_junk.html#Anchor-Basic-49575> On 9/20/03 2:56 PM, in article BB926164.6CFF%DPTYLER@NTLWORLD.COM, "DAVID TYLER" <DPTYLER@NTLWORLD.COM> wrote: > How can I auto delete mail I have identified as junk mail? > -- Mickey Stevens (Microsoft MVP for Office:mac) PowerPo...

Mail rules with multiple conditions in subject/body (OR vs AND)
Using Outlook 2007. I need a mail rule that runs if the subject contains "apples" AND "oranges" AND the body contains "bananas" (it's okay if bananas is also in the subject). But when creating rules, the conditions automatically become "OR" statements and there seems to be no way to change them to "AND" statements. Does anyone know a way around this? Thank you! You'll have to create additional rules. For an example see; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/220 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuri...

Outlook 2003-Junk/XP
My Junk filter stopped working...all the messages are going to the Inbox. I disabled addins, repaired and update but no change. Any clues? Thanks. ...

Import Wizard settings
I'm importing comma delimited files into excel. I would like to set the import wizard settings so that it is always "delimited" (rather than "fixed width") and "comma" (rather than "tab"). Is there a way to do this? Thanks Patricia -- ***This message has been scanned for viruses by Norton Utilities *** You could record a macro while you do it once and choose the settings you require for each stage. Then in future you only need to run the macro. I think Dave Peterson gave a skeleton outline a few day's ago in response to a similar req...

False Positives in Outlook 2003 Junk Mail
I am the network engineer of a company. The mail server is running Exchange 2003 on a Windows 2003 platform. My clients are running Outlook 2003 on an XP platform. In addition I have Semantec MS for Microsoft Exchange running on the server. I have it set up the server so that Semantec blocks email that has a SCL greater then 7 (which is very lax). Everything 7 or less gets through to the server. Then Exchange 2003 dishes all the mail to the users. The problem I am having is for some reason I get mail delivered to my Junk E-Mail folder in Outlook. But WHY? I have disabled it completely in Out...

Save My Settings wizard, what gets saved?
With Office 2003's Save My Settings wizard, what exactly gets saved? What configurations? Our biggest issue is when we rebuild someone's computer that has Outlook 2003 on it, there is no standard place where signature graphics/logos are kept. Will this help solve that concern? TIA charlie.wade@gmail.com <charlie.wade@gmail.com> wrote: > With Office 2003's Save My Settings wizard, what exactly gets saved? > What configurations? Why not spend two seconds in the Microsoft Knowledgebase? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/826809/en-us -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] Tha...

30 redeployment wizard error
I am trying to redeploy 3.0 in two cases. first case: redeploy in the same domain, everything is ok. second case: redeploy to a new domain, problem occurs during redeployment wizard usage. It says "An error occurred when populating Microsoft CRM user groups. Ensure that CRM user accounts are accessible from the current domain and run the wizard again." I created new users in the new domain and manually mapped with previous ones. Since this a test environment, user names, computer name, domain names of both previous and new systems are identical. Please give me recommendatio...

Exchange Server 2003 Filter Rules
I would like to set a filter/rule on the exchange server that will check email in or out of our domain for key words in the header or message body and carbon copy the email to a public folder. I think I need a 3rd party solution if so can anybody recommend one for SBS2003 Thank you very much for your help. ...

OL2003
How can you devise a rule to catch junk email sent to you that is disguised by using your own email address (associated with some bogus senders name)? ...

Outlook rule based on value NOT in name?
Hi, I have a lot of SPAM coming in with the sender's address set to my e-mail address. However, the name is different. I would like to setup a rule like this: If the sender's e-mail address = XXXXXXX, but the sender's name <> YYYYYYYY then move to the junk folder. Can this be done? All I see are rules to look for a string - not look for the absence of a string. I use e-mail to transfer notes to myself and also transfer information between mail accounts and computers, so I do send myself e-mail fairly frequently. I'm using Outlook 2003. Thank you for your time! -...

Rule doesn't submit mail to remote queueing
Hi everybody. Exchange 2003 on a Windows 2003 Server in an Active Dir w2k domain environment. Mailbox user1@local.dom has a server-side rule which should transfer some mail to an external smtp address which is presented in Active Dir as a contact object with the address user2@remote.dom The problem is, the rule doesn't do that. In the Message Tracking Center, there are only 5 actions done on the message: SMTP Store Driver: Message Submitted from Store SMTP: Message Submitted To Advanced Queueing SMTP: Started Message Submission To Advanced Queueing SMTP: Message Submitted To Categorizer...

Exchange 2003 IMF and Rules
I have several rules set up in Outlook 2003 that move messages to different folders for the numerous mailing lists I am on and I notice that the IMF is moving messages to the Junk Mail folder and it is preempting the rules. Now messages that would normally get deleted or moved because of a rule are showing up in my Junk Mail folder instead. Since the Outlook rules are stored on the server I would assume that they would get run on any email that gets sent to my mailbox, but apparently they are only run on messages that Exchange puts in the Inbox. Is this by design? Is there a way to get aroun...

Creating Purchase order worksheets in HQ through rules
I would like put some code in a web service in order to create a purchase order work sheet. Could I access to work sheets logic using qsrules to construct a worksheet? I looking for a method like QSRULES.CreatePOWorkSheet Thank you Oscar ...

mail rules #4
When useing the mail rules for incoming mail,all of my mail from Ebay is sent to my spam folder. I have checked the words on my list and can find no connection to any of the words. Anybody have any ideas?. ...