Junk Email Question

I made a ruling that a msg that did not have my name was
to be sent to the JunkEmail folder.  I assume that "my
name" is either my email address or the name that I placed
as my first and last name.

A msg came through that was neither the above but the name
of "Brian".

How did this msg get through to my inbox?

Many thanks.
0
anonymous (74722)

What is the exact rule and version of Outlook?

--
Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net

Tips of the month:
-Save Embedded Pictures in Their Original Format

-----
"LaPz" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I made a ruling that a msg that did not have my name was
> to be sent to the JunkEmail folder.  I assume that "my
> name" is either my email address or the name that I placed
> as my first and last name.
>
> A msg came through that was neither the above but the name
> of "Brian".
>
> How did this msg get through to my inbox?
>
> Many thanks.

0
Roady
4/25/2004 4:01:55 PM
Hi:

I use Outlook 2002 (OfficeXP).

This is the rule I made:  "Apply this rule after the
message arrives where my name is not in the To Box move it
to the JunkEmail folder"

Thanks

0
anonymous (74722)
4/25/2004 6:02:01 PM
Is there a way to apply the same rule to where my name is not in the "To" or "CC" box?
0
anonymous (74722)

outlook 2007 no problem receiving email but problem sending
I have no problem sending and receiving emails when connected at work but from home, I can receive new messages but there is a problem sending. I get the message Sending reported error 0x80042109. Outlook cannot connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server. If you continue receiving this message contact your server administrator or ISP. Any ideas please. Thanks, Charlie Have you verified with your corporate mail admin already that the settings have been correct for usage outside of the company network and if this is indeed fully supported by your corporation? If so,...

VBA Worksheet Event Change or Selection Question, please assist me
Two fantastic people were kind enough to provide me these two codes below, and now I'm trying to see if I can expand it to include other columns and data in a worksheet. Code 1: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim myC As Range If Intersect(Target, Range("P:P")) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub Application.EnableEvents =3D False For Each myC In Intersect(Target, Range("P:P")) Range("Q" & myC.Row).Value =3D Date - Target.Value Next myC Application.EnableEvents =3D True End Sub Code 2: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Tar...

I just activated office2003 S&T ver, cannot reply to emails
my reply icons are grayed out, I can see all incoming msg, but cannot reply In news:28E0E702-5CE2-4C2A-B033-EC618ECF90EE@microsoft.com, txcowboy <txcowboy@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > my reply icons are grayed out, I can see all incoming msg, but cannot > reply What type of e-mail account do you use? Are you running all the Office/Outlook updates, including SP1? I got it resolved. Don't know how for sure. I am running MS office outlook 2003 I think I needed to authenticate to MSN Passport by login in. before it allowed me to do replies. All this security and I ...

Difficult Excel Question
I am doing a VLOOKUP, but when you select the sheet you wish to look at, I would like the name to chance depending on a name supplied by a cell. If anyone can solve this, please e-mail me rthakrar49@hotmail.com =VLOOKUP(A1,INDIRECT("'"&A2&"'!A1:H100"),3,FALSE) -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "rthakrar49@hotmail.com" <rthakrar49@hotmail.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8BDA5D08-0AD1-43D2-A572-58900081D412@microsoft.com... > I am doing a VLOOKUP, but when you select the sheet ...

Inserting the email
Hi There I have a data base of users at our company and wish to know how to insert "@(emailaddress)" after every user in all 5000+ cells and is it possible to import this list to outlook ? please help Nik excell newbie Are they all @thesame.com? If your data is in one column, I'd insert a new column and use a formula: =a1&"@emailaddress.com Copy|paste special|values and toss the original column. And if you save the file as a .csv (comma separated values), then you can specify that inside Outlook for importing. (I might even export the existing contacts as a ....

CBitmap class question
I use CBitmap::CreateBitmap create a CBitmap object, and sets the bit datas by CBitmap::SetBitmapBits, but I can not display it on the screen(ie. use CDC::BitBlt), which step do I miss? Thanks for any idea. My codes like: CBitmap bmp; bmp.CreateBitmap(50,50,1,24,NULL); //24 bit colors bmp.SetBitmapBits(bufLen, pBuf); //pBuf points to valid data CDC dcMem; dcMem.CreateCompatibleDC(pDC); dcMem.SelectObject(&bmp); pDC->BitBlt(0,0,50,50,&dcMem,0,0,SRCCOPY); // fault! can not display the map. This is what you need:- http://support.microsoft.com/default.a...

Strange outlook receiving email problem
New to this forum, hopefully you guys can help. One of my customers was having a weird issue... the whole building is on a network/domain. Everyone is set up to use outlook/ pop3. Nobody is having problems except two employees. For some reason they can't receive emails from each other. Using web mail everything works fine. Creating emails from the web mail the email is sent and received in outlook. But sending emails from outlook do not make it to the other persons outlook. Now the weird part is that these two people communicate just fine with everyone else. They can send and receive emai...

Default email server
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop I am changing from cable broadband to ADSL2. Internet and email from my new address are working fine but I cannot get mail from my old address to forward through the new server. It appears that the old setting has a default to the old server that I cannot over ride. The sending mail setting in the old account has been changed to the new setting. Anything that I also need to do? Thanks in anticipation On 2010-03-03 00:54:42 -0500, Gary_Lawrence@officeformac.com said: > I cannot get mai...

Re-Reciving emails.
Dear All How can I receive only newermails after reinstalling my outlook ?? Accidently I have to reinstall my microsoft Outlook. So I saved my mails in other folder. After reinstalling and opening again my old mails I started to receive to e- mails. But at that time I have to receive emils already present in my inbox. So I have to wait long long time to read my newer mail. So please tell me if there any way to receive only new mails after office reinstallation.... Thanks... Zaw Ye There is no way to do this. The information about which messages have already been receiv...

REPLY AS who email was TO.
"User A" recieves "User B". That is emails sent to "User B" are being forwarded to "User A". "User A" also has permissions to "Send on behalf" of "User B". When "User A" replys to an email that was addressed to "User B", it appears to come from "User A" unless he manually selects the reply to be from "UserB". How can I make ANY replys to "User B"'s emails appear to come from "User B" WITHOUT User A having to manually change the default? (Ofcoarse, when &...

MSN email acc in Outlook 2003
Hi. I'm a Hotmail Plus user but it seemed that I can't use the Outlook 2003 to retrieve my emails. The error: Task 'MSN: Folder: Inbox Synchroning headers.' reported error (0x800CCF4): 'An unknown error has occured. Please save any existing work and restart the program.' This error occurs only with MSN email account. The error still occurs even though I removed and added the account again. I even restart Outlook and it still the same thing. I tried adding my msn email account at work using Outlook 2003. It works there but apparently, not at home. I tried on...

limit the size of imbound/outbound emails
We use Exchange 2003, how can we limit the size of emails coming imbound and going outbound? Thanks AW Yes. See article Q322679: How to set limits for messages in Exchange Server. "SW" wrote: > We use Exchange 2003, how can we limit the size of emails coming imbound and > going outbound? > > Thanks > > AW ...

Quick Campaign: More than 1 email is sent out
Hi All, I have big problem in the email campaign module. Everytime I run quick campaign, there will be more than 1 email is sent out to each contact record. Currently, I find out that there are 3 emails sent for each contact. Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Thanks. On 25 jul, 13:14, Gunady <Gun...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi All, > I have big problem in the email campaign module. Everytime I run quick > campaign, there will be more than 1 email is sent out to each contact > record. Currently, I find out that there are 3 emails sent for each > contact. Does anyone ...

wireless router question from a dummy
Have high speed internet. Have a 3gbsdram. And I have a router that is a g. Would I benefit as far as computer speed on the net with a router that is an n router. Also even though the computer says 802.11 a/g/n wireless I still would have to buy the the adapter that goes into the notebook? I know nothing about routers and the fact we have a g router it doesn't have an adapter needed for the computer to work. Was wondering if that is the same case with a wireless n router? thanks How do you connect to the net? Do you have more than one PC? "iluv my kitties and family&...

Email Notifications #3
I have set up an Exchange 2003 Server and everything works fine, but I have complaints that the email notification in the Web Outlook Access is not working for AD users. It works for admin accounts but not a standard user, do they need to be in a certian group in order for it to work for them. It does work for them as long as the Outlook Web Access window is maximized and on top of everthing else. On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 23:30:04 -0800, New email notifications in OWA <New email notifications in OWA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have set up an Exchange 2003 Server and everyt...

Outlook cannot 'send' email????????
Hi Suddenly (it was working a few days ago) my Outlook 2003 on windows XP cannot 'send' email. It gets a permissions error. I have no problem downloading email, I can even add new contacts and appointments to the Outlook servers but emails will not go. I do not have this problem in Outlook 2001 for Mac or on another Windows XP box with Outlook 2003 and as I said it was working fine on this machine until a few days ago. Does anyone have any ideas????? Robin What is the exact error? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ...

Quick E2K3 CAL Question
Does an Exchange 2003 email enabled Custom Contact need a CAL? We have several users who do not actually have user accounts but simply have forwarding contact objects. Thanks, Fred In news:uBJaj0yeFHA.2180@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl, Fred Yarbrough <fcyarbrough@yahoo.com> typed: > Does an Exchange 2003 email enabled Custom Contact need a CAL? We > have several users who do not actually have user accounts but simply > have forwarding contact objects. > > Thanks, > Fred Nope. I'd check with the Microsoft Licensing for an accurate answer. I don't believe s...

Outlook constantly sends Phantom email
Running Outlook XP, I have no messages in outbox yet there is a 'sending message 1 of 1' indicator. It shows up every time it checks for new mail. I get a mail send error each time after it times out. Is this some sign of virus? Jerry <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Running Outlook XP, I have no messages in outbox yet > there is a 'sending message 1 of 1' indicator. It shows > up every time it checks for new mail. I get a mail send > error each time after it times out. > > Is this some sign of virus? More likely it's an undeliv...

Workflow Rule for Allowing Email
I want to update all of our current accounts with a manual workflow rule that will update the contact method on the administration tab in accounts to reflect "Allow" for Email. When trying to setup this rule, I set the "donotemail" field to false (0), but when I apply that rule, it doesn't change anything (I've also tried "donotbulkemail"). Any ideas how to make a workflow rule that will update this field from "do not allow" to "allow". -- Brandon IT Director Presentations Direct - Office Equipment & Supplies http://www.pre...

Email looping problem
Hi, We have recently taken over another company and I need to get the users at the new companies site to be able to receive emails in the format of our companies email e.g. both sites need to receive emails sent to joe.bloggs@xyz.com We have setup recipient policy on the new companies exchange to accept emails for our companies domain. We have also set the SMTP virtual server at each site to "forward email with unresolved recipients" to the public IP address of the other. The problem here is that when an email is sent to a user that doesn't exist both exchange servers w...

Total no of sent email
In Exchange 2003, a) Anyway to track which user has sent out the most email or least email(regardless of internal or external)? b) i can view the user storage used. anyway to export it as i want to file as report. "2Tian" <cmchong20@yahoo.com> wrote: >In Exchange 2003, >a) Anyway to track which user has sent out the most email or least >email(regardless of internal or external)? The message tracking logs hold the information you want. Now all you need is a way to extract that information, store it, and arrange the storage in a way that will let you query it fo...

EMail replies 12-12-05
Hi, We are trying to setup a support process using CRM 3.0 Pro. A queue has been created and is being populated using the router from e-mails coming in to support@company.com. When people are replying to e-mail in this folder the reply-to address is set to the logged on user. Is there an easy way to define that the reply-to address should be support@company.com for specific e-mails? Regards, Manso ...

MX question on Exchange 2003
When I try to send mail to any user in the domain graphics.ucsd.edu the mail can not be delivered because there first MX record that points to 132.239.95.98 doesn't have port 25 open for mail. So my server tries only that server for tree days then it gives up. First of all, why doesn't my server try any other server with lover priority? And what is the reason to stop port 25 on their first MX server? I have an Exchange 2003 server with sp1 running on a windows 2003 server RO wrote: > When I try to send mail to any user in the domain graphics.ucsd.edu > the mail can not b...

2 Questions about Exchange 2003.
These are quesions from a practice test. I know nothing of Exchange servers. 1)I created a user 2 months ago and he did not need to have an email address. He has recently taken a job that required me to give an email address. Ho would I do that without deleting and recreating his account?(the mail server used is Exchange 2003) 2)My company is merging with another company and I need to configure my Exchange 2003 server to now accept email from the domain newdomain.com. Please list the steps that needs to be done to ensure that exchange will recieve email for that domain. Thanks for the...

vanishing buttons / follow-on question
That was nicely resolved as noted, but: Example, one of my macros starts like this: =========================== Sub MainLogFindLastEntry() ' ' MainLogFindLastEntry Macro ' Macro recorded 29 05 2006 by Consultant ' ' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+Shift+L ' Sheets("Log").Select =========================== now that this macro is called by a button, I have discovered the following: 1. if no worksheets are open the macro button will find a and open the correct workbook and sheet [brilliant!] 2. if other sheet(s), workbook(s) are open but not the correct workbook, t...