Junk email not working for some emails

The Junk E-mail feature only works for e-mail that I get from certain
people and not others.

For instance: johndoe@aol is on my Blocked Senders list but these
emails will do not be sent to the Junk E-mail folder. But
janedoe@aol.comis on my Blocked Senders list and is automatically
moved to the Junk Email folder. And I think it is regardless of the
domain.

I guess I could create a rule to move them, but why isn't the Junk
E-mail feature working for some e-mails?
0
aol (7)

aol@aol.com <aol@aol.com> wrote:

> The Junk E-mail feature only works for e-mail that I get from certain
> people and not others.
>
> For instance: johndoe@aol is on my Blocked Senders list but these
> emails will do not be sent to the Junk E-mail folder. But
> janedoe@aol.comis on my Blocked Senders list

So, are you saying that for johndoe, you haven't included the ".com"?
--
Brian Tillman
0

johndoe@aol.com is not being filtered but janedoe@aol.com is being
filtered...
THanks

On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 11:38:08 -0500, "Brian Tillman"
<tillman1952@yahoo.com> wrote:

>aol@aol.com <aol@aol.com> wrote:
>
>> The Junk E-mail feature only works for e-mail that I get from certain
>> people and not others.
>>
>> For instance: johndoe@aol is on my Blocked Senders list but these
>> emails will do not be sent to the Junk E-mail folder. But
>> janedoe@aol.comis on my Blocked Senders list
>
>So, are you saying that for johndoe, you haven't included the ".com"?
0
aol (7)
2/16/2006 12:18:09 PM
aol@aol.com <aol@aol.com> wrote:

> johndoe@aol.com is not being filtered but janedoe@aol.com is being
> filtered...

This is may not be it, make sure johndoe is not in your safe senders list or
in your contacts and you 've chosen the option to count contacts as safe
senders.  Safe senders takes precedence over blocked senders.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
2/16/2006 2:41:51 PM
I think I figured it out last night. Although johndoe@aol.com was in
my Blocked Senders list he was also on of my Contacts. I had to make
sure "Also trust e-mail from my Contacts" was NOT selected. And what
you are saying below it sounds like I am on the right track.

Thanks for your help Brian.

On Thu, 16 Feb 2006 09:41:51 -0500, "Brian Tillman"
<tillman1952@yahoo.com> wrote:

>aol@aol.com <aol@aol.com> wrote:
>
>> johndoe@aol.com is not being filtered but janedoe@aol.com is being
>> filtered...
>
>This is may not be it, make sure johndoe is not in your safe senders list or
>in your contacts and you 've chosen the option to count contacts as safe
>senders.  Safe senders takes precedence over blocked senders.
0
aol (7)

Problems with creating a newsletter

Sending Email #6

Ctrl+D not working on outlook messages

why does my spell check not work?
My spell check has never worked. What can I do to set it up? In what program / version "karen" <karen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DA8883BD-0958-4AB0-93FF-F43E4FB9D176@microsoft.com... > My spell check has never worked. What can I do to set it up? ...

Date function quit working

Word 2003: Will it work on Windows 7 Pro

CRM Email Displays Size=2>

Email cannot be resolved...

Recurring email #2

Inbox Icons not changing when email forwarded or replied to
This may seem like an insignicant issue, but when you have hundreds of emails in your inbox, it is extremely important to know which ones you have forwarded and which ones you have replied to. Unfortunately, my inbox icons do not change when I reply to a message or forward a message. They also remain as the "Read Message" icon. I have searched the Knowledge Base, but I have been unable to find an answer to this seemingly simple issue. I am using Outlook 2000. Appreciate any assistance, James ...

Email signature #4
Using Outlook 2000, whenever I send an email my automatic signature is preceded by "AUTOTEXTLIST \s "E-mail Signature"". How do I get rid of it? It doesn't happen when I insert auto text directly. ...

Exchange problem while emailing from TS
I have a published application via TS and Citrix Metaframe XPe. OCCASSIONALY, when a message is sent from MAPI client configured in the TS environment (Outlook 2003) it will change the SMTP address, by concatinanting the address. For example: user@domain.com is the intended address, when I look at the Message Tracking Center on the Exchange Server it's attempting to send to user@domain.com:USER@DOMAIN.COM. Where is the :USER@DOMAIN.COM, which is being added to the end of the SMTP coming from ? ...

outlook 2007, exchange 2007 in SBS 2008 email attachment extensions changed
Day one after rolling out SBS2008 after migrating from SBS200, A number of users are complaining about Word doc's arriving as .do_ and pdf's arriving as .pd_ which need to be renamed to work as intended. Have googled and binged to no avail. Forefront wasn't installed, and get-attachmentfilterlist commands in the Exchange power shell don't return anything that clarifies the situation. Anyone any ideas where this is coming from? Thanks AC You sure you have no other mail filtering? If you have no forefront.. it doesn't sound to me like it's the SBS ...

Transferring the text of an email from notebook to desktop?
I can access files from my notebook on my desktop via my wireless connection. I have Office 2007 on both machines. What would be the best way to access the text of an email on the notebook from my desktop. Would (can) the context of the email in outlook on the notebook be copied or transferred to a file that I can access from my desktop? Any help would be very much appreciated Jerry You could open the Outlook PST on the notebook from Outlook on the Desktop using File | Open ... (ensure you are sharing the folder the Outlook PST is in). Only Outlook on the Notebook could be open at ...