Junk Email & Blocked Senders List

If I drag email to the Junk Email folder, doesn't that automatically add the
sender to the Blocked Senders List? Or do I really have to right click every
single spammer and choose "Add to Blocked Senders List?" Using Outlook 2003.
Thanks.

0
and_mike (2)

rju166 <and_mike@hotmail.com> wrote:

> If I drag email to the Junk Email folder, doesn't that automatically
> add the sender to the Blocked Senders List?

Nope.  There's nothing special about moving an itrem into the Junk E-mail
folder.

> Or do I really have to
> right click every single spammer and choose "Add to Blocked Senders
> List?" Using Outlook 2003.

Adding spammer addresses to the Blocked Sender list is fairly pointless
(unless the domain stays fairly constant and then can add the entire domain)
because most spammers do not reuse addresses.  Better to use a rule if you
can find common criteria in the messages, like something in the headers or
subject.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
11/13/2006 7:32:17 PM
Hmmm, thanks for the info.

It seems to me that the Junk Email filter in Outlook isn't as good as it
used to be, somehow. I suppose the spammers have figured out how to get
around the filters. I think I have all the latest updates.

> rju166 <and_mike@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > If I drag email to the Junk Email folder, doesn't that automatically
> > add the sender to the Blocked Senders List?
>
> Nope.  There's nothing special about moving an itrem into the Junk E-mail
> folder.
>
> > Or do I really have to
> > right click every single spammer and choose "Add to Blocked Senders
> > List?" Using Outlook 2003.
>
> Adding spammer addresses to the Blocked Sender list is fairly pointless
> (unless the domain stays fairly constant and then can add the entire
domain)
> because most spammers do not reuse addresses.  Better to use a rule if you
> can find common criteria in the messages, like something in the headers or
> subject.
> --
> Brian Tillman

0
and_mike (2)
11/13/2006 7:57:46 PM
rju166 <and_mike@hotmail.com> wrote:

> It seems to me that the Junk Email filter in Outlook isn't as good as
> it used to be, somehow.

It's much better than it used to be.  Outlook 2002 and earlier had much less
useful junk mail filters.  All it could do in prior versions was color the
subject and it had fixed spam strings that couldn't be updated.

> I suppose the spammers have figured out how
> to get around the filters. I think I have all the latest updates.

Spammers will always find ways around filters.  Until it becomes
economically pointless there will always be spammers.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)

Distribution List #12
Hi We recently upgraded from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003. Some people still use personal address books that contain distribution lists. Now when they try and add members from the global address list to it, they get an error that says "an error has occurred. The list of members could not be changed because one or more of the selected members could not be added". Thanks for any ideas. Distribution lists within contacts are fine. We are having the same problem. We are running on Exchange 2003, and are gettting the same error message. If you find a solution would you plea...

Email to multiple boxes
I need to send an email to Support@domain.com and have it reach multiple people... what's the best way to do this? configure a distribution list/group, populate it with the appropriate personnel, and assign support@domain.com to the list/group... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Dan Klinge" <Yomama@kdkdjkfjdekfjdkfj.com> wrote in message news:#crQw#QSGHA.6084@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > I need to send an email to Support@domain.com and have it reach multiple > people... what's the best way to do this? > > The box already exists on a pop server outside the ne...

Option to Automatically Add Senders E-Mail Address of Incoming E-Mail to Contacts?
Is there an option to automatically add the senders e-mail address of all incoming e-mail messages to contacts? I am using Outlook 2002. Thanks, Mark See the following add-in and comment http://www.sperrysoftware.com/Outlook/Add-Email-Address.asp?Source=RS If you decide to order use "BH93RF24" to get a discount -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Mark Hatfield" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:exF7XXrwEHA.1400@T...

duplicate emails #27
I manage a network with 2003 SBS, outlook 2003, Exchange 2003. Exchange points ALL emails to one account (management). I then use outlook rules on the account to redirect email to accounts in group distribution list. Everybody seem to receive duplicate copies..strange to me !! I need help.. Ladies and Gentlemen This was passed on to me by Neo: Here are some things to look for that can cause duplicates. 1) Two or more accounts that check the same mailbox. 2) Two or more inbox rules that act on the same message. 3) Antivirus/Antispam software that doesn't allow Outlook/Outlook Express ...

Blank Emails in Outlook
For the past two weeks, periodically hundreds (700 +) blank emails will appear in either my Inbox or Junk Email inbox, with only Sent: None. Any ideas what is causing this? "Dave895" <Dave895@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A17486EB-E3A2-46DF-88DE-10F65984AA6C@microsoft.com... > For the past two weeks, periodically hundreds (700 +) blank emails will > appear in either my Inbox or Junk Email inbox, with only Sent: None. > > Any ideas what is causing this? If you have web access to the mailbox on the server, log in there and see if ...

Broken URL in email
Does anyone know what could be causing url's to be sent intact, but when received, the link is broken. Exchange 5.5, Outlook 2000 thank you for time. It wrapped? -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchange.co.uk "Rhonda" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1584e01c41d7b$c0a66610$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know what could be causing url's to be sent > intact, but when received, the link is broken. > Exchange 5.5, Outlook 2000 > > thank you for time. Rhonda wrote: >...

Outlook 2007 Strange behavior of Junk Mal [crossposte]
[cross posted to m.p.outlook and m.p.outlook.general] Outlook 2007 on Windows XP Pro SP2 Ordinarily when an incoming message is sent to the Junk Mail folder, a Pop-up Notification that a message was sent to the Junk Folder would shoe and ask if I wanted to open that Folder. When I select yes, the Junk Mail folder opens in a small window. Recently, and sporadically, I no longer get that Notification message. The messages, however, are in the Junk Mail folder. The strange thing is that on the next opening of Outlook, I do get the the pop-up, open the Junk Mail folder, and it's emp...

blocked senders still get through
Hi. How do you block senders? even though the name is in the blocked senders list I still get there emails every day. You may need to list it with their email address, not just the name. There was a discussion awhile back about the "Common name" vs. the email address - I think in regards to message rules. There is a difference in how it is read and processed by these features. "dave" <dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:567EEB2C-36B0-4732-BC16-8158A5EA1678@microsoft.com... > Hi. How do you block senders? even though the name ...

how to setup new outlook email account
I am trying to set up my new outlook account but can't figure out all the settings. I can't send or receive emails. cowboyweaver wrote: > I am trying to set up my new outlook account but can't figure out all > the settings. I can't send or receive emails. You haven't provided enough info for us to help you....such as your version of Outlook, the type of mail account you're trying to configure, and what you've tried already. "cowboyweaver" <cowboyweaver@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C7223F5D-4FAA-49BF-A251-9B4300EFC2...

Cant view open email as webpage
When I highlight a new message, I can see the full web page in the preview pane; however, when I double-click to open the message, it is often times blank or text only. Help!! Thanks! ...

leave email messages on the server
I have a blackberry and i am trying to get my emails on my phone... and it tells me to leave messageson server... i have tryed... I went to tools, account, properties, and there is no advanced options tab, and no delivery options? What do i do... Did you highlight the "Mail" account and the Properties? -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Cambie Gulick" <Cambie Gulick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6303F6C2-3712-4863-A56E-11836DDFE6F3@microsoft.com... >I have a blackberry and i am trying t...

Not receiving any inbound email, outbound works fine.
I have new Comcast hi speed service and new computer with Vista Home Premium, Office Pro 2007 and MS Outlook. Everything works but my inbound email. Comcast has tried to help and their messages get through and so do MS Outlook test messages, but nothing else. Have turned off anti-virus email scanning on both in and outbound emails. Firewall still running. Ports re-set to Comcast's specs. Still can't receive ANY inbound email from anyone else. JournalistJane <JournalistJane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have new Comcast hi speed service and new computer with Vist...

Public folders email flow
Hi, Im running exchange 2003 SP1. i have created in public folders a folder named Report80. From system manager, i can see that it is linked to an email address named report80@toto.com Internally , any user who send an email to report80@toto.com , it shows up into the public folder named report80, that works fine Externally, any user who send an email to report80@toto.com , it doesn't show up into the public folder named report80 ,,,, i c an see that the mails goes through the smtp relays and go to the exchange server but they are not in the public folder report80 ,,,, is ...

Blocking a domain
We are receiving an email a minute from a certain educational domain in Illinois. They are being filtered by a spamfilter with Symantec AV for Exchange, but I would like to lock them out of our domain. Is there a way in Exchange to set something so that email from that domain will not get to our domain? Thanks. "Randy Teachout" <RandyTeachout@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We are receiving an email a minute from a certain educational domain in Illinois. They are being filtered by a spamfilter with Symantec AV for Exchange, > but I would like to lock them out of o...

large email stuck in Outbox
I have an email with a large attachmment stuck in my Outbox. After trying to send it I get the error message gtom my email server that the email is too large. The problem is that outlook won't let me delete the email. I get either no message when trying to delete or Outlook tells me that it is already being send and I cannot delte while sending. Is there any way to get rid of this email? Hi, Log off from outlook. Kill Mapisp32.exe Then remove the network cable. Connect to outlook Work Offline Now u can delete the file from Outbox. Rgds, Kishore >-----Original Message----- &g...

emails #21
I want a shorter intervals between email arrivals. Is there a setting for this? Depends on version of Outlook, but start looking under Options Do not set for less than 10 minutes otherwise resource problems could occur "Lynn Hunter" <Lynn Hunter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:85E213D0-2D17-4EC9-A6EC-C7395F47704E@microsoft.com... >I want a shorter intervals between email arrivals. Is there a setting for > this? In news:eJonD1IYKHA.4816@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl, DL typed on Sun, 8 Nov 2009 16:06:07 -0000: > Depends on version of Outlook, but start...

how do i backup email messages to disk?
how do i backup email messages in outlook 2000 to disk? ...

Email activities from CRM not going out to Outlook
Hi all, We're new with CRM and our users are complaining that email activities from CRM not going out to Outlook. I am not sure whether this ever worked before. I tried creating an email activity from an account and sending it to myself and I didn't get anything. I looked around CRM Help and some posts on this group and this is my conclusion: - Email sent from CRM as email activities do NOT go out as regular emails, they just sit as email-type activities in the recipient's CRM account. - To send out regular emails, you have to send them from Outlook and use the "Regarding&qu...

Draging Email to Folder and maintain sent/received date
Using Outlook 2003, Exchange 2000, and Windows XP. I have a user that would like to archive emails within the associated jobs folder and somehow have the sent/received date of the email as a column in the folder. When the emails are copied there the date listed (Date Modified) is the date it was copied; also the "Date Created" and "Date Accessed". Is this possible or is there another alternative? The user does not wish to create pst files for each job. Thanks, No, not possible since it's no longer an Outlook item now but a file. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlo...

Users and Distribution lists
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_003D_01C3DB73.8933A110 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable When adding distribution lists and users in Exchange server 2003, I used = to be able to to have the X.400 address generated automatically. Also, = the name would automatically appear in the Global Address book. = Unfortunately, today, I went to create a distribution list and it failed = to generate the X.400 address, and the list's name does not show up in = the Global Address list. DOes anyone h...

Sending email from the "Task" database in access 2007
I am trying to send an email of a report directly from Access 2007 using the feature set up in the "Tasks" database. However I receive the following message "Microsoft Office Access can't send email message". Also I cannot send an email of a report in any of my other databases, I just started using Office 2007 with Windows 7 - I had no problem with 2003 and Windows XP sending emails directly from the reports. Any suggestions? -- Methals ...

Emailing from my pictures
Using Windows XP with Office 2000 When emailing from my pictures, the first email is sent just fine. When attempting to email the next picture you get a little different email screen with a message that this email has not been sent, it is not accessing the address book. We are suing Outlook Express. Office 2000 has Outlook as part of it's program, could this be the problem? Maybe Outlook is trying to overide Outlook Express? Outlook Express is my default. Any help would be greatly appreciated. ...

Attachments listed as corrupted
With Vista many attachments will not open. This computer is Vista and had no problem on older, non Vista computer. Used Help: Tools,Options,Security, Do-not allow option, select unchecked - without any help. That's about normal for all help instructions. In the same area, new computer will not open Word documents, and maybe others, that I transferred to new computer from old computer. New computer has Works not Word. Please advise - John Sorry, used allow all option John "monijohn" wrote: > With Vista many attachments will not open. This computer is Vista an...

outlook 2007 unable to click links in email
when I try to click a link in an email, I get an error message that is a restricted action. How do I fix this? This is a problem with IE, its not an Outlook error. You need to reset your internet settings in IE's Tools, Internet Options, Advanced tab. (Or Control panel, Internet options, Advanced tab). See http://www.slipstick.com/problems/link_restrict.htm for the latest information. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-s...

Can't Send and Recieve Email
Somehow I broke my Outlook 2003 email. When I click on "Send/Receive" or "Send/Recieve All" nothing happens. If I click on "Specific Account Only" I can receive that account's email in my In box but cannot send any email from that account out. Everything was working fine two days ago. Any advice is welcome. Thanks. Fred Kruger ...