Junk e-mail #3

When I access the junk e-mail folder, outlook closes.
0
hodson (1)

Bummer - care to share some useful details and the troubleshooting steps you
have already taken?

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After furious head-scratching, Robert K. Hodson asked this group:

| When I access the junk e-mail folder, outlook closes.

0
MillyS (3228)
1/15/2005 6:13:32 PM
I have done nothing other than reinstallling outlook. Even
when Outlook was reintalled, the problem persist. When I
first installed Outlook, there was no problem. Then when I
clicked on the junk e-mail folder, Outlook closed. This
continued for several weeks. Then It stopped. Then started
closing again.

intact.  Due to
>the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent
to my personal
>account will be deleted without reading.
>

>After furious head-scratching, Robert K. Hodson asked
this group:

>| When I access the junk e-mail folder, outlook closes.
>

>.

0
anonymous (74722)
1/15/2005 6:30:42 PM
Outlook 2003? Use scanpst.exe to scan your pst-file for errors.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-What do the Outlook Icons Mean?

-----
>I have done nothing other than reinstallling outlook. Even
> when Outlook was reintalled, the problem persist. When I
> first installed Outlook, there was no problem. Then when I
> clicked on the junk e-mail folder, Outlook closed. This
> continued for several weeks. Then It stopped. Then started
> closing again.

0
Roady
1/15/2005 7:20:14 PM

line through it. I do not recall if it was previously
there.
0
hodsonrk (1)

check box #3
I want to put some check boxes on my worksheet. When the boxes are checked I want them to be totaled at the end of the column. I inserted the check boxes but when I put the formulas for the sum of the columns I get an error message. I am guessing that I have to make a positive check box = the value of one. Don't have a clue on how to do it. Any help would be appreciated. Dennis You can set up a linked cell for each of the checkboxes. The way you do that depends on the type of checkbox you used. If you used a checkbox from the Forms toolbar, rightclick on it and choose Forma...

Outgoing mail fine from Outlook, fails from IMAP
We've got Exchange 2003 running, and everyone can connect using Outlook or OWA and can send mail with no problems. I just configured the server to allow IMAP access, and that works well for some mobile users and Outlook Express users - for reading their mail. However, outgoing mail (outside our Exchange Server) seems to just disappear. The IMAP users have "requires authentication" turned on, and there are no errors returned to the IMAP client. I also cannot find any warnings or errors on the Exchange Server - the messages just never get sent. I've been through the ...

Time Stamp on Inbound Mail
Is there a way to time stamp emails when they ARRIVE, vice when they are sent. Because of our SLA, we have certain timeframes to get work done in and the clock on that starts when they arrive at our facility. But, since it's time stamped with the time the user/client sent it, we are behind - as sometimes their emails don't arrive within the reasonable amount of time from when they sent it Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. A configuration, a 3rd party software, etc....... We are running Exch 2k3 & OL 2k3 Thanks Mack Outlook messages do contain a time stamp for the ti...

MS Excel file extension changed through e-mail
MS Excel .xlsx files sent as attachments are received without the x, as a .xls instead. The same is true for MS Word .docx changed to .doc Answered in the Word group. Please don't post the same question in multiple groups. It not only causes responders to waste their time replying to questions that have already been answered but it also makes it more difficult for you to follow up on the replies. If it truly is an issue that involves more than one app either post to the Office group rather than the individual groups or use a newsreader rather than the web interface & learn to ...

My mail merged document won't save the mailing info.
I have created a postcard in publisher 2002 and performed a mail merge. After Step 3 of 4 in the mail merge wizard, my addresses appear in the publisher file. Step 4 of 4 asks me to print. I want to save the file to upload to OfficeMax's website. So, I have tried both saving the file and also Pack and go..., however both options, when I save then reopen the file, my merged addresses do not appear. All I have is the templated post card or a blank file with the letters MSCF at the top. Help! Erin This can only be done with Publisher 2003 unless you choose to print your mailm...

How do I import my address book from my POP 3 Juno account?
I'm hoping to import my address book from my juno email on the web account to Outlook, and then to export it to my new Hotmail account. I seem to be botching it badly, so far. I was able to save my list to 'Recent Documents'. My efforts to COPY and Paste as an individual 'New Contact' result in partial information and the email address, phone number, etc. are missing. Are there step-by-step instructions to accomplish what should be a relatively easy task? Also, it looks as though Outlook has stripped all of my mail from my juno account. How do I send it b...

Trial Upgrade #3
I am a little confused. I tried Money Plus trial when I went to purchase I purchased Essentials. I downloaded the exe file and installed and put in the key and activated. When I opened Plus a screen opened and asked for ID and password and option of not opening to Internet. When I continued it said that Money can't read file from previous version of money. 1. Did I buy the wrong version 2. If Essentials is fine for me how can I get past the screen "can't read file" Essentials can not read any other version of Money. "Al Tyson" <AlTyson@discussions.microso...

Undeliverable pop3 e-mail
I administer a Exchange 2003 server for 1 of my customers. All the undeliverable mail goes to undeliv@mydomain.com. The customer wants to see who the original adressee was, but it appears that Exchange changes this into undeliv@mydomain.com Help would be appreciated (and returned if needed). sinceraly yours, Stefan de Groot -- Bits and bites wont break my rights. my understanding is Exchange doesn't have the ability to forward undeliverable mail to a particular mailbox(it does forward them to a server if you wish). are you using any third-party for this purpose? if yes, it's th...

Fractions #3
Hi, Is there anyway to prevent Excel from reducing fractions? For example, I need 2/4 to appear in my spreadsheet, but Excel is reducing it to 1/2. Thanks, V You can create a custom format: <Format> <Cells> <Number> tab, Click on "Fractions", and choose your format. -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! --------------------------------------------------------------------------- "V" <V@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

Exporting e-mail account settings
I want to transfer all my account settings to another computer, also running Outlook 2003. How do I do this? Many thanks Tony Not sure what operating system you are using, but I tend to using Windows XP's Files and Setting Transfer Wizard and Microsoft Office's 2003 Save My Settings Wizard to transfer settings from one system to the next. Another possibility is the user state migration tool. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=4AF2D2C9-F16C-4C52-A203-8DAF944DD555&displaylang=en "Tony Rush" <NOtony_w_rushSPAM@btopenworld.com> wrote i...

E-mail delay on Exchange
I'm not sure if the issue is with exchange or outlook but when I send an e-mail from a workstation through exchange to another in the same office it takes about 15 -30 seconds to appear in the other mailbox. Any guesses - I running Office 2003 on Windows XP SP1 through Exchange 2003 enterprise on Windows 2003. The clients are in the same exchange server in the same database. Thank you This is because you are running Cached Exchange mode. Cached Exchange mode polls the Exchange server on an interval basis to check it for new e-mail. While it's true that you get this type of dela...

Closely held secrets about junk email folder
All, Within my company, we occassionally send HTML formatted emails that end up in user's junk email folders and we have no idea why. In one instance it was a message that contained a large table structure in the body of the message, but once we preceeded the table with an empty <p> tag, it succeeded in going to the intended recipients. So in this case, it really wasn't the fact that we were targetting too many individuals, or that certain words were found in the message, it was just a silly design thing (apparently) that had caused the problem. It has dawned on me that it woul...

Excel sheet (OLE object) sometimes open on the form sometimes in E
Hello there, I have an Excel sheet (OLE object in the table) on a form , I have setup the Property in "Auto Activate" as Double-Click , so when I double click the object the sheet open. But sometime the object appears on the form as an Excel Icon - then when I double click it open in Excel - that is what I want. But sometime it appears as a table of data and when I double click it open on the form - I want to avoid that and instead always have the sheet open in excel. Any idea? Many many thanks, Dan Hi Dan, By default, you can directly double click the OLE Ob...

Mail error
I have been using outlook for a week and it was working fine all of a sudden i cannot retreive any emails, i can send but not receieve in outlook. i have a Hotmail plus account the service status in oultook says Mail: error Calender: connected Contact: connected can you help me with that?? ...

Windows Live Mail (news)?
Hi, I am only using WLM and nothing else from Windows Live-id I see that on my PC there is also WLM(news). First question: How can i remove it ? Second question: I see that after start-up (or after stand-by) and immediately going to WLM often my connection to my provider fails ? Although and immediate connection with IE8 never fails and is very quick. Waiting a few seconds to activate WLM is aways ok and messages are read normally. Who can give any advice? Regards Huib Alt + T, Options, Connection, uncheck Hang up after sending and receiving. -- Ron Somm...

Cannot connect to SQL 2000 AS SP 3 cube from Excel 2000
I have a user who is using Excel 2000 SP 3 to connect to cubes created in SQL 2000 AS SP 3. The user does have permissions to browse to the cube. Originally I could not even connect to the cube itself, nor did I have the OLAP 8.0 provider. I tried all the Office updates, and per a newsgropu tip, I installed the pivot table service (SQL2000 CD \msolap\install\PTS\ptslite.exe). I can connect to the cube from his computer from Excel, but if I create a spreadsheet elsewhere using that cube, his laptop will not open the cube to run queries. Any suggestions? -- *******************...

Air Framing Nailer Kit 8-10 Gauge - 2"
Price:$250.99 Image: http:///image.php?id=B000UFSL5G Best deal: http:///index.php?id=B000UFSL5G Neiko Tools USA 8-10 Gauge 2"~ 3-1/2" Air Framing Nailer Kit * Large Piston For Increasing Power * Stong and Light Weight Die-Cast Body * Drivers Full-Head Nails from 2" to 3-1/2" Long * Includes: Goggles, Oil, Wrenches and Instruction * Max Capacity: 40 pcs * 72-120 psi * Air Inlet: 1/4" NPT * 21 Degree Angle ...

e-mail through access
i have been searching the internet for two hrs now and i am really confused with what i have to do. i have a table with all my clients' email addresses. my goal is to send separate email with pdf attachment to each customer separately (not like bcc). i assume i have to create a form with message subject, message body, etc. then i need a "sendemailtoall" command button. could someone help me? i am using office 2003. See whether Arvin Meyer's EmailSenate2K sample at http://www.datastrat.com/DataStrat2.html is what you need. If not, check the Microsoft Ac...

Trouble with bulk import accounts in CRM 3.0
I'm having difficulties with bulk import wizard; I exported contacts from exchange pub folder into a tab separated file, but all I get from the import wizard is an error message “The source import file is corrupt”. I’ve tried a couple of combinations for the separator symbol and tried reducing the number of mapped fields from Outlook but with no results… Any ideas ? I am facing exactly the same problem in importing leads from a tab delimited spreadsheet into MS CRM 3.0. It was EXACTLY the same spreadsheet I have used in MS CRM 1.2 where it worked fine. Any suggestions on what mig...

Using a spread sheet for e-mail addresses
I have a large number of e-mail addresses in a spread sheet column. Is there a way to copy the e-mail addresses into the To box (bcc) of an outgoing e-mail without first installing them in my contacts folder? Thanks, Len Urban Save the column as a text file, open the file in Word or your favorite text editor, replace all the line endings with semicolons, and paste it all into the BCC field. -Peter "Len Urban" <lturban@verizon.net> wrote in message news:hgVph.373$9B6.212@trnddc07... >I have a large number of e-mail addresses in a spread sheet column. Is >ther...

Getting Data from another sheet? #3
WHere do I save it to -- bludovic ----------------------------------------------------------------------- bludovico's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1480 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26722 Hi bludovico The manual is not ready yet (First version of the Add-in) Save the file where you want on your PC. Then in Excel go to Tools>Add-ins.. Browse to the file..OK You see it in the list now (Select it) -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "bludovico" <bludovico.1dribg@excelforum-...

Any one have crm 3.0 installation and config certification dumps
Hi Folks , If Any one have crm 3.0 installation and config certification dumps , Please post it or send to krishna.919@gmail.com Thanks Kris I would hope that most people on this group would take the time to study for these exams and pass them honestly otherwise whats the point? ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm <krishna.919@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1150431230.275661.283440@g10g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Hi Folks , > If Any one have crm 3.0 installation and config certification dumps , > Please...

How do I get my compuserve e-mail to populate outlook?
I am currently using compuserve as my e-mail provider. How do I migrate to using Microsoft Outlook? Buy Outlook (alone or as part of Microsoft Office). Install Outlook. Define an account within Outlook with the server settings specified by Compuserve for their POP3 and SMTP servers. If you cannot find their web page that lists the server's IP names and ports that you are supposed to use, and since you are paying them for mail service, call their tech support to get that information. __________________________________________________ "kateramos" <kateramos@discussion...

Upgrade Question #3
I currently use Microsoft Money 2005 Premium. Can I upgrade to 2007 deluxe or do I still have to use premium? You can upgrade to Deluxe. <billybish@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1166276989.686433.196350@73g2000cwn.googlegroups.com... >I currently use Microsoft Money 2005 Premium. Can I upgrade to 2007 > deluxe or do I still have to use premium? > ...

Problem with 1.3 installation
after installing Store Operations ver1.3, I get an annoying error message that appears every now and then (when starting the Store Operations POS up, or somtimes after tendering a transaction). The error message says "The copy protection device that used to be on this machine is no longer there....Do you wish to continue?" I don't know why I am getting this message because the dongle is still attached to my parralel port and was never moved around during the installation process. Anyone know how I can get rid of this message? This is a multi-part message in MIME forma...