jpg files

I have had several users experiencing problems opening
pictures from Outlook 2000.  Their O/S is XP Pro.  Any
ideas?

Thank You,

Jamie
0
anonymous (74722)

fixed asset import file
Hello: I have noticed that, for dollar amounts, the fixed asset import field requires a length of 12.5 according to the manual--meaning that entry of the decimal point is not required and that am amount of 999,999,999,999.99999 is allowed. Later this week or next week, I will be sending my import file to my client. Based on these 12.5 columns, how do I tell them to format the numbers? Do I tell them to not put decimal points in? I'm still unclear as to how the system is going to read the amounts that my client wants in the system. What if my client does not use five places af...

Can I delete an email file from M:?
Is it possible to delete a file/folder from the M: drive directly? Will exchange be able to track the changes? Thanks for the help ahead of time. That is not a good idea�I Strong recomend you do not directly access Exchagne IFS(M:) -- Jammy "ctrlgrid" <jkit001@yahoo.com> ���g��l��s�D :4f9d64d8.0410252347.662bbc48@posting.google.com... > Is it possible to delete a file/folder from the M: drive directly? > Will exchange be able to track the changes? > > Thanks for the help ahead of time. It is possible to do so. Not sure what you mean by will Exchange track ...

conversion file dialog box
Every time I open Outlook 2002, the file conversion dialog box opens along with Word and eventually an error message. Does anyone know how to turn this off? What file conversion dialog? Post the exact dialog that appears. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, frustrated asked: | Every time I open Outlook 2002, the file conversion | dialog box opens along ...

PST file will not allow me access
I have a pst file from Office 2000 that I copied to cd. AS I tried to add it to my new computer and office 2003 I get the message that I do not have rights to access this file. How can I reset the permissions? There is not any password on it that I set by choice. Thanks Sal ...

Auto loading a file
For some reason if I click on the E icon of an excel file, Excel loads but doesn't load the file. I can only load the file by opening excel and using the 'File' 'open' command. Can anyone tell me what has happened? Rick K Try tools>options>general and uncheck ignore other applications -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Rick K" <2dinst@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:GcISd.4803$Q47.2257@bignews5.bellsouth.net... > For some reason if I click on the E icon of an excel file, Excel loads but > doesn't load the file. I can only load the f...

How to open Lotus 123 files
Everything that I read says that Excel 2003 doesnt need a converter ... but I cant open a .123 file... Any ideas would be greatly appreciated... jason Jason B [MVP-Storage] wrote... >Everything that I read says that Excel 2003 doesnt need a converter .... but >I cant open a .123 file... > >Any ideas would be greatly appreciated... Whatever you're reading, either you're not reading it carefully or it was written sloppily. Excel from version 95 on has been able to read ..WK4 (Lotus 123 Release 4 format) files and *PREVIOUS* 123 file formats (.WK3/.WK1/.WKS), but *NO* ve...

word freezes periodically when i am tracking changes, using endnote and inserting pictures from file
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel word freezes periodically when i am tracking changes and using endnote and when i am inserting pictures from file. i seem to have no other options but force quit then i get lots of recovered documents. i am doing doctoral study so my documents have endnote field notes and changes highlighted. <br><br>inserting pictures from file into a word document causes instant hanging. Judging from the array of causes you're listing I believe there may be several things that need to be addressed. Sinc...

Formula for file location
Hi (I'm a newbie so please be patient) I am using excel to build a database for an online store, i have apro 3000 products and each product needs an image path (eg. D:/m docs/images/123.gif). I need a formula that will automatically insert the path to the image in its cell in the image colomn. To make this easier all the image names are the the part number[.gif so the image for product 123 is D:/my docs/images.123.gif. Can any one offer a formula to do this? Code ------------------- Example of spread sheet -------------------------------------------------- Make Model ...

associating an application to open a file
I've mistakenly associated Photoshop as the application I would like to open all .pdf files with. (I was initially prompted to make the association via a dialog that came up when I first tried to open a pdf.) Now I would like to change that to make acrobat the default app to open pdf's. How do I do this? Can you help? Thanks Open windows explorer and click on tools, then folder options. You will see a tab called file types. This is where you can change what programs the Operating Systems associates with file extensions. >-----Original Message----- >I've mistake...

File names
How do I remove changed (no longer relevant) file names from my File list? You can go to Tools--Options and specify the Recently Used File List as 1 (minimum). Press OK and this will then then clear it out so that only the last file opened is in there. Go back to Tools--Options and change that number back to whatever you'd like it to be, for example 4. This will then make it repopulate that list as you open files, up to the number that you specified, in this example 4. HTH, Katherine "Robert W." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:017f01c39806...

Maximum import file size
what is the amximum file size when importing into microft CRM Yes, I ahve tried 10k and 50k without problem. However when i try 100k I receive an error message stating that I exceed "the maximum file size". Do you know why? "John O'Donnell" wrote: > dont know a file size but I imported 25k lines of contact data without issue > > > ============================== > John O'Donnell > Microsoft CRM MVP > http://www.crowecrm.com > > > "Curious" <Curious@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message > news:F77A165B-9...

Reducing the size of the outlook.pst file
I am trying to get my outlook.pst file down to a size that will fit on a CD for back up. If I right-click on Outlook Today (personal folders) and ask for file size, it tells me that the file size is 381,113 KB, if I look at it in Windows Explorer, it is 667,952 KB! Can anyone explain why such a difference exists? If anyone hasn't told ya... here ya go: PST FILES ONLY GROWS, WILL NEVER GET SMALLER. The files and folders that you delete hold as "white space". Create a new pst and move what you need over to that. The original pst will not "shrink" in size. Hope...

when i import a file into a Word it adopts different formatting
When importing a file the document adopts odd formatting. For example - paragraphs suddenly appear in bold - alignment changes etc. It does not adopt the format of the original document. I know that I could use Format Painter to correct this - but the documents are often very long and it is too time consuming to do so. Which styles are applied to the inserted text? Modify those styles in the target document. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP (Message posted via NNTP) "Chelbo" <Chelbo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DDEBA41C-0657-4...

Novice Q: open 2 VSD files
I would like to open 2 drawings at the same time, on the same workspace, so I can create a single drawing from both. How can I do that? TIA You can open multiple vsd files simultaneously. I often do this and drag/drop components among them. Al <dnoam@il.ibm.com> wrote in message news:1109937598.678865.262500@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... >I would like to open 2 drawings at the same time, on the same > workspace, so I can create a single drawing from both. > How can I do that? > TIA > Thanks. In your case I will have to switch between the open windows. Is there a ...

viewing TIFF files
Hi, I posted this question a little while back, however, the fix didn't work. Our church designs and prints bulletins for other nearby churches using Pub. 2000. They use a set of clipart discs with religious symbols and such to add art to these bulletins. The clipart is TIFF formatted. The TIFF files print fine, however when you view them on screen prior to printing they are displayed as black blocks. The suggested fix was to assure the picture viewer was set to "display detail". Doing this did not change the graphic's display though. It may be worth noting that these T...

Find all the files in a folder
I had been using the FileSearch function to locate all the files of a particular type in a folder. Office2007 appears to have replaced that function with a FileSystemObject class, but i can't get that to work. Here is what I had been using. Any help would be appreciated. Set fs = Application.FileSearch With fs .LookIn = Range("C7").Value .SearchSubFolders = True .FileName = "*.csv" If .Execute() > 0 Then Row = 1 For i = 1 To .FoundFiles.Count Hi Phil This works in 2007 although it is not clear from your co...

unable to delete Windows.edb file
I am trying to delete my Windows.edb file which is in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Search\Data\Applications\Windows I have indexing service set to manual and off. I also have Microsoft Search disabled. But when I try to delete the Windows.edb file, I get a file in use message and it won't delete. What else uses it? I am also getting a bungh of MSSBC4xx.log files that show up in the same folder. There are about 50 of them now. Where do they come from? And is it related to my being unable to delete the ..edb file? Thanks, ...

Saving & Opening excel file & worksheet with Visual C++
I writing a sw application with Visual C++ to read/write data to excel file. I have found an example @ the MSDN on how to create a new excel file (http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;308407&spid=2990&sid=620) using automation method. My question is how do I save/open an excel file using automation method. Thanks, WL ...

Stale PST File
I've got a stale PST file associated with my hotmail accout. My regular POP account works fine, but the hotmail hasn't updated in weeks and when I try to close the hotmail account outlook comes back with an error message "The operation fail. An object couldn't be found" Found the associated pst file and it seems to be there, here is what I've tried 1. renaming the pst file. Outlook then complains it can't find the associated pst file and doesn't get me any further 2. deleting all references in the to the hotmail account in my registry table...

copy/share pst. files
I'm a new user with two machines, both xp with outlook 2003 on a LAN. In researching my task I have narrowed it down (I think) to pst. files. I am trying to share or copy my tasks, contacts, calendar. etc between the two machines. I've seen other solutions on this site, but they seem to be beyong my grasp as a beginner. My question, I guess, seems copying my pst files is the easy why to do this. How do I do it? How do I open it up on the other machine. Thanks Cmac, If you want to continually "share" your contacts, tasks, calendar, etc... and have them update from each ...

copying many separate xls files into one comprehensive one
Gang, I have 20 xls files each with 20 worksheets. Now, I need to copy all of their contents into an xls file that will contain 400 worksheets. Pity, there's no merge for this sort of stuff (only different versions of the same xls file). any help apreciated. -S ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Software!http://www.ozgrid.com/Services/excel-software-categories.htm ** Hi see: http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany sean wrote: > Gang, > > I have 20 xls files each with 20 worksheets. Now, I need ...

notebook file locations
i would like to set up a notebook for each of my clients (estimated 500 notebooks) and put them on a server so other staffers can access and share. Is it possible to still use search functions or do all of the notebooks have to be open to search the files. edwhicks wrote: > i would like to set up a notebook for each of my clients (estimated > 500 notebooks) and put them on a server so other staffers can access > and share. Is it possible to still use search functions or do all of > the notebooks have to be open to search the files. The search only works for files whi...

Receiving excel files
Whenever I receive an Excel file through email and try to open it, I receive the error message 'file format is not valid'. These are all .xls files. Any suggestions on how to fix this problem ??? Doug What versions of XL? (if you have versions before 97 and you are sent 97 or above, the file formats are different) -- HTH Nick Hodge Southampton, England nick_hodge@btinternet.com "Doug" <dwire90@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:01ae01c3903a$31837eb0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Whenever I receive an Excel file through email and try to > open it, I receive the...

importing mmf files
I have just upgraded (at work) to Outlook 2002. In previous versions I used to be able to open/import my old msmail files with the .mmf extension. In the new version opening data files only gives .pst open/import, is there a program that will convert or a way round this problem, I'm stuck without all my old archived data. ...

WMI class to fetch File Share Witness property of CCR cluster
Hi All, I came to know that PowerShell cmdlet to fetch File Share Witness property exists only from Windows 2008 R2 onwards. In which case, is there any WMI class through with I can fetch this property prior to windows 2008 servers ? Regards, Shivaraj ...