JPG Files #2

Just installed Outlook 2003.  Can no longer view jpg
files...either those sent to me or ones I try and attach???

Have cleaned out my temp internet
files...hELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Thx
0
pdc67va (1)

Make sure you have a default program set for opening jpg-files. Rightclick
the file from within Windows Explorer nd choose Open With... and make sure
you select to always open that file with the selected program

You probably had set Microsoft Photo Handler as thedefault program which has
been replaced by Picture Manager.

--
Roady [MVP]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-Creating Signatures

-----
"Paul" <pdc67va@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Just installed Outlook 2003.  Can no longer view jpg
> files...either those sent to me or ones I try and attach???
>
> Have cleaned out my temp internet
> files...hELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
>
> Thx

0
Roady
5/26/2004 4:58:21 PM
thanks it worked!!!...was PISSED....appreciate the help!

     ----- Roady [MVP] wrote: ----

     Make sure you have a default program set for opening jpg-files. Rightclick
     the file from within Windows Explorer nd choose Open With... and make sure
     you select to always open that file with the selected progra

     You probably had set Microsoft Photo Handler as thedefault program which has
     been replaced by Picture Manager

     --
     Roady [MVP
     www.howto-outlook.co

     Tips of the month
     -Creating Signature
     -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack

     ----
     "Paul" <pdc67va@hotmail.com> wrote in message
     > Just installed Outlook 2003.  Can no longer view jp
     > files...either those sent to me or ones I try and attach??
     >> Have cleaned out my temp interne
     > files...hELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
     >> Thx

0
anonymous (74722)
5/26/2004 9:11:02 PM
You're welcome! :-)

--
Roady [MVP]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-Creating Signatures

-----
"paul" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> thanks it worked!!!...was PISSED....appreciate the help!!
>
>     ----- Roady [MVP] wrote: -----
>
>     Make sure you have a default program set for opening jpg-files.
> Rightclick
>     the file from within Windows Explorer nd choose Open With... and make
> sure
>     you select to always open that file with the selected program
>
>     You probably had set Microsoft Photo Handler as thedefault program
> which has
>     been replaced by Picture Manager.
>
>     --
>     Roady [MVP]
>     www.howto-outlook.com
>
>     Tips of the month:
>     -Creating Signatures
>     -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3
>
>     -----
>     "Paul" <pdc67va@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>     > Just installed Outlook 2003.  Can no longer view jpg
>     > files...either those sent to me or ones I try and attach???
>     >> Have cleaned out my temp internet
>     > files...hELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
>     >> Thx

0
Roady
5/26/2004 10:32:26 PM
Hi Roady,

I'm having the same problem Paul has, except that I wasn't able to solve it by setting a default program to open my .jpg files. If I try to embed a jpg file in the body of the message (Outlook 2003) I just see a little square with an "x" in the middle. I can embed .bmp files and see them, but not .jpg files. Any clue?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Daniel

"Roady [MVP]" wrote:

> Make sure you have a default program set for opening jpg-files. Rightclick
> the file from within Windows Explorer nd choose Open With... and make sure
> you select to always open that file with the selected program
>
> You probably had set Microsoft Photo Handler as thedefault program which has
> been replaced by Picture Manager.
>
> --
> Roady [MVP]
> www.howto-outlook.com
>
> Tips of the month:
> -Creating Signatures
> -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3
>
> -----
> "Paul" <pdc67va@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Just installed Outlook 2003.  Can no longer view jpg
> > files...either those sent to me or ones I try and attach???
> >
> > Have cleaned out my temp internet
> > files...hELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
> >
> > Thx

0