Journal Entry List will not print

For Outlook 2002 -
I'm not sure what I am doing wrong but each time I try to print or preview
my journal view, I end up with this popup note "You cannot preview message
headers until they are downloaded".

I have tried searching knowledge base FAQs to no success. What does this
message mean??? I can print or preview a single entry but not my custom view
of entries.
--
MLM
0

Please supply the steps you're using to try to print.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

"MLM" <MLM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> For Outlook 2002 -
> I'm not sure what I am doing wrong but each time I try to print or preview
> my journal view, I end up with this popup note "You cannot preview message
> headers until they are downloaded".
>
> I have tried searching knowledge base FAQs to no success. What does this
> message mean??? I can print or preview a single entry but not my custom
> view
> of entries.
> --
> MLM

0
suemvp (4038)
2/25/2005 2:22:09 PM
I have tried various variations of the following steps:
1.  Highlight the category group (or all groups) to print or preview.
2.  File, then Print, select Memo style, hit Preview (or print)
3.  Pop up window reads " This action will apply to all items in the
selected groups"
4.  Hit OK
5.  Pop-up reads "You cannot preview message headers until they are
    downloaded". (msg reads slightly different if I use print vs preview)
6. Hit OK ... then nothing ... I'm back where it all started

MLM

"Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> Please supply the steps you're using to try to print.
>
> --
> Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
> Author of
>      Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for
>      Administrators, Power Users, and Developers
>      http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx
>

> "MLM" <MLM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > For Outlook 2002 -
> > I'm not sure what I am doing wrong but each time I try to print or preview
> > my journal view, I end up with this popup note "You cannot preview message
> > headers until they are downloaded".
> >
> > I have tried searching knowledge base FAQs to no success. What does this
> > message mean??? I can print or preview a single entry but not my custom
> > view
> > of entries.
> > --
> > MLM

0
MLM (2)

Assignment Details View Not Showing Timephased daily hours entry v
Looking for an answer to this. Tasks on couple of the projects on My Tasks list allows me to go into the Assignment Details page and see the Timephased work, including a weekly by day view that I can use to update hours. For a new project, the Assignment Details page is showing only Total Work, Completed Work, and Start, Finish and REmaining Work. The daily view of work, actual work and overtime fields are not there. Please advise. Hi kahuna, Sounds to me like this project where you want to update the task has a different progress method. Project Server allows you to track your...

Exchange 2003 services list
Hi All, i want to know the services list for exchange 2003 and what they are doing, any web link or reference willbe helpful thanks in advance regards shajahan ...

two columns range of numbers need to list all numbers in the range
have two columns range of numbers i need to list each number in the range start end 5 9 15 19 20 29 i need for each row to show the numbers in the range 5 6 7 8 9 15 16 .. .. pls help Was this post helpful to you? Check your other post. arsovat wrote: > > have two columns range of numbers i need to list each number in the range > start end > 5 9 > 15 19 > 20 29 > i need for each row to show the numbers in the range > 5 > 6 > 7 > 8 > 9 > 15 > 16 > . > . > pls help > > Was this post he...

Printing a brochure on letter size paper
Hello All, Does anyone know how to convert a brochure to letter size paper and have it automatically fill the sheet rather than leave space around the outside of the content? I am trying to flip the document to a pdf using "pdf creator" and the brochure appears as it would be printed on the paper with all the pages out of order. Thanks for any assistance you can provide. Are you wanting to print to the edge of the stock? This will depend on your printer's margin limitations. This article will help you determine your printer's limitation. http://ed.mvps.org/Static.a...

Printing 11 x 17" on 8.5 x 11"
I have designed a newsletter in the regular 11 x 17" format. Unfortunately, we do not have the capacity to print on that size paper here and need to print on regular letter size. The pages are set up that way, but I cannot figure out how to break them down to print. When I send it to print and load 8.5 x 11" paper, it prints the entire two page spread per page, so the newsletter comes out a tiny size. I do not have a 'shrink to fit' option or anything like that on the screen. Much appreciation to anyone who can help! Am I missing something here? Why don't you s...

Private Distribution Lists
Is it possible to create a distribution list where the the recipients can not see each others names?? This is for a blast sales letter and I would rather not send it as bcc: That's what the BCC field is for. Why can you not use it? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Dooley" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:54f201c3da19$3196cd70$7d02280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possible to create a distribution list where the > the recipients can not see each others names?? This is > for a blast sales letter and I would rather not send it > as bcc: ...

validation list #4
hi i have created a validation list with more then 500 name, but when i try to find a particual name i have to go through all of them . is it possblie to write the first alphabitic letter in the list and the drow down list will point to that particual name e.g if the name in the list is Mark S. Mark can i write only Ma to find all Names start with Ma You can do this if you use a combobox from the control toolbox instead of DV. -- HTH Bob Phillips "osaka78" <osaka78@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12E9A3FF-5773-4002-8BCD-C2498BDE9EB0@microsoft.com......

Can't publish Excel list to Sharepoint
In trying to publish Excel list to Sharepoint (push from Excel to Sharepoint), I get the msg "Cannot connect to server at this time. Your list cannot be published". I am able to "pull" the same spreadsheet into Sharepoint, using Create List, Import Spreadsheet. I have done the workaround in KB838703 with same results. Any other suggestions ? This has also been posted to the Sharepoint community site Thanks. On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 18:52:03 -0700, "LeslieR" wrote: >In trying to publish Excel list to Sharepoint (push from Excel to >Sharepoint), I get the m...

Publish Task List
Is there a way to either publish a public task list as a web page or export as a file? Is there a way to either publish a public task list as a web page or export as a file, retaining it's view characteristics? View it in Simple list view, add columns, do your grouping - using the Field Chooser and Group By box (on Advanced toolbar) Then you can print preview it - you'll get what you see when you print it! Judy Gleeson Acorn Training and Consulting "we're nuts about Outlook" www.acorntraining.com.au/productivit.htm Cody Dawg <bfogelstrom@hotmail.com>...

Printing LOTS of emails
I have to print a lot of emails - possibly several thousand. I have a macro that sends them to the printer, but is there a way I can read the contents and write them to a text file? I'd like them to look as much as possible like the actual printed copies do. It seems I MIGHT be able to open a text file, then write out the relevant fields, like: Open OutMail for output as 1 for each MailItem a$ = mailitem.field1 if len(a$)>0 then print #1,a$ a$=mailitem.field2 if len(a$)>0 then print #1,a$ etc. Print #1, "End of this mailitem" next Mailitem Close 1 Will this...

Printing Problem with name tags converted to a new Publisher Docum
Mary Sauer, you were so helpful when you explained the Publisher "bug" to me back when I was first testing the process of creating these name tags. Now our seminar is next week and I've done the mail merge (which although looks in "print preview" like there are 6 name tags with all the same name on each page, actually print with 6 tags per page with a different name on each tag like they are supposed to). It's time for me to email this document to the person who is printing the tags. I did the mail merge and instead of "printing" I converted it t...

Files will not open.
I loaded Pub 2003 but cannot open previous Pub 98 files. Noton Virus is not the problem as the prevoius Pub 98 files as Norton was not installed. Greetings, I wanted to provide a bit more information on my problem. I have 2 computers, one with Publisher 98 and one with Publisher 2003. I have a bunch of files made in Publisher 98 that won't open in Publisher 2003. When I try and click on a publisher file or open the file from within Publisher 2003, I get the error "Publisher cannot open the file". The files are not corrupted during the copy process, because if I copy them ba...

printing/changing margins
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) After setting the margins in page setup, the print preview shows it all to be there, but when printed, it is cut off at the bottom, thus leaving a larger margin than set. Make sure that you have Office (12.2.3), OS X (10.6.2) *and* your printer driver fully updated � check the mfr's web site. It wouldn't hurt to run Disk Utility - Repair Disk Permissions after applying any updates. If you continue to experience the problem you'll need to reply with a more detailed description of the document's structure, t...

AR & AP ATB print
Great Plains 9.0 - the ATB's for AP & AR - would prefer the option of printing as portrait; not bolded; and be able to customize the colums. These are double the paper from 6.0 (we just recently ufgraded). I find these hard to read (print is small and the report is busy with all the lines and bold print) ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestio...

My Money Side will not stop
I read the FAQ for Money 2002 and it stated A) Click Help in MoneySide, then Settings. Under "Open MoneySide" select "Never" and then "Done." I select "Never" but there is no "Done" I can find and My Money leaves for this time only to return again. Is there any way to kill money from running in the background. It is not running in MSCONFIG on my XP sp2 system that I can find. Thanks Don I wish I had a way to test this here to tell you how to do it and validate the FAQ. Hopefully somebody who can still test on M02 will join the thread....

Payables Check Printing Issues
Hello: A GP 9.0 client of ours is reporting the following two issues: (1) History is printing on the payables check stubs despite the fact that the Select Payables Checks window’s “Print Previously Applied Documents” checkbox is unchecked and (2) Multiple checks for each vendor are printing as “combined” even though the “One Check Per” selection in Select Payables Checks is selected as “Invoice”. Regular SQL maintenance on the company database is running consistently every week without error, according to the Windows App Event Viewer. Any ideas? childofthe1980s Hi, Have you...

How to prevent users changing details in Contacts List
Hi All, After entering the contact details in the contact form, How to preven users from changing the details through the Conacts List ?? We have customised the contact form for not entering the non-codepag 1252 characters into the form. But, there is a possibility that use may do the trick by entering the non-codepage 1252 characters into th contact details through contacts list by clicking on a particula record with the help of a mouse and directly editing there. As per our requirement, the contact details shall be synchronised t Siebel through Exchange Server. Please suggest me how to av...

Size of drop down in validation list
I have a validation list which contains about 50 elements. The drop down only shows 9 entries which I can then scroll through. Is there a way to get the drop down to show more entries? There is nothing below the cell which contains the validation list. Thanks for any help on this. There is no way to change the number of entries shown in a data validation drop-down list. I believe you can do so with a ComboBox control (i.e. from the Developer toolbar), but then additional code may be required to validate entries. dhstein;690747 Wrote: > I have a validation list...

genre will not transfer correctly to mp3 player
I have wmp 11 and a 8GB sansa fuze mp3. Once I change the genre in wmp to let's say from soul/r&b to r&b, it will not change the genre on my sansa. I've tried and tried. Contacted San Disk for help and they said it was a media player issue. The genre will stay correctly in wmp but won't transfer correctly. Someone help! On Wed, 9 Dec 2009 11:52:01 -0800, Mitziepoo <Mitziepoo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have wmp 11 and a 8GB sansa fuze mp3. >Once I change the genre in wmp to let's say from soul/r&b to r&b, it will >not c...

VLookUp and DropDown List in the same cell
Hi everyone, I know that this is possible but I'm not sure how to accomplish this. In column E, I have a list of zip code. In column I, I have the "Priority" category. Priority will be based on the zip code in column E. This will be accomplished by VLookUp formula, where I will have a separate sheet store all the zip codes and the priorities (ie. Priority #1, Priority #2 and so on). The challenge part is that column I "Priority" column needs to be able to use as a Drop Down List as well, in case that the VLookUp formula needs to be overridden for so...

Report Taking a Long Time to Print
I have a main report with 2 subreports in it. One of the subreports seems to be holding up the report when it comes to running and printing. When I run the query and/or report for the problem subreport it returns data within 1 minute. When I run the main report, it takes anywhere up to 5 minutes to run and about 12 minutes to print. When this subreport is removed from the main report, running and printing is under 1 minute, so I know this subreport is the problem. I had seen a post similar to this question and I tried the suggestions (removing page breaks, turning force new page ...

Hotmail will not receive/display messages sent from GMX or Yahoo
Messages sent from a GMX or Yahoo account using Windows Live Mail will not be received/displayed in Hotmail's inbox. However, if they are sent using Outlook Express, they are successfully received and displayed. Also, a message sent from G-Mail using Windows Live Mail (or Outlook Express) will work fine. Very unusual! When you say "Hotmail inbox" do you mean the one on the web or the one in your Windows Live Mail? Are the missing messages not visible in either location? Hotmail has very stringent (some would say 'draconian') spam filtering. It is not ...

Outlook 2007 will not display email addresses!
I can't imagine I'm the only one with this problem, yet I'm unable to find any information about this problem in any newsgroup, web forum, web page, etc... I just upgraded from Outlook Express to Outlook 2007. In an email message in Outlook 2007, if I double click on the name of the sender (or the receipient) nothing happens!!!! In Outlook Express, I would get a nice little window showing me their email address. How else can I find out the email address of a person? All I can see is their first/last name. Outlook is not an "upgrade" to Outlook Express. These two progr...

how can I print an invoice from outlook ?
Is there any way I can set up my 'orders' in outlook so that they can print out as an Invoice or packing slip? I run a small business and don't have an accounting programme at the moment. I have to manually type all the invoices from the orders I receive. I know there must be an easier way - any help gratefully received ! Or anyone recommend a small business programme which I could use? Thanks QuickBooks "Bridget" <Bridget@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8997C71D-819D-4B9D-A1DA-F9419603881E@microsoft.com... > Is there any way I can set u...

A bug in Quote list with CRM v3?
With Contact or Account window open and quote tab is clicked, "Filter on - draft, won, closed..." feature is not working when "This Record only" is selected. But it works with the opportunities list. ...