Item not selected by default when changing folders

It used to be that I would change folders and the first
item (contact, e-mail, whatever) would be
selected/highlighted.  I must have changed something
though because now when I change folders, no item is
selected.  This is a real pain when I try to do a quick
lookup of a contact (where you just type the first few
characters), because I have to use my mouse to first
highlight one of the contacts, and then start typing.  Any
ideas?  Thanks.
0
mossoffa (1)

Item Price Lists
I am looking for a little help trying to work out the item price lists to show in a custom SmartList. My set up GP10 with latest patch Items are set up to use a percentage of list price and I have had to use the rounding screens to get the prices to match what we charge our customers. In the Item Price List card I see the correct price, along with the % being used. When trying to build the Smartlist, I have a calculated field that takes the List price from IV00105 and the discount from the UOMPrice field in IV00108, but I cannot work out how to apply the rounding method from IV00107. An...

Cant change calendar background color
Hello. I am on a Windows xp pc running Outlook 2003 all patched up in a windows/exchange client/server environment. I have ownership rights to another exchange mailbox. I just need to know if there is a way that I can change the background color of that secondary calendar so that it is different from my own calendar. The help menu in Outlook says > on the Tools menu, click Options, and then click Calendar Options. Under Calendar options, in the Background color list, click the color that you want. Easy enough. However, even if I put the focus on the secondary calendar and change the...

adding pictures/logos to crm or changing colors etc
does any one know if it's possible to incorporate pictures or logos to form or the CRM UI as a whole, if so how would i go about doing this? also is it possible to change other features of its appearance such as colors...? TIA Emily, The place to start might be by looking at the cascading style sheet template that is documented on the SDK - this is really meant to provide a base for building other web sites in the style of MS CRM. >-----Original Message----- >does any one know if it's possible to incorporate pictures or logos to form >or the CRM UI as a whole, if so...

How can I change worksheet direction from right to left
I want to change the direction of the work sheet in Excel 2007 from left to right and vice versa If you mean you want to change the direction of the cursor on Enter, then click on the round logo top left, select Excel options, select Advanced, and change the direction to Left, Right, Up or Down as you desire. -- HTH Kassie Replace xxx with hotmail "Haitham" wrote: > I want to change the direction of the work sheet in Excel 2007 from left to > right and vice versa I believe the only way is to go through Microsoft Office Tools and make the setting ...

Users locked out after changing password
We are issues with users changing their passwords in Dynamics GP, existing the application, and upon logging in again with their new password, getting immediately locked out of the system. They then have to be unlocked at the sql level, but upon changing the password, the same thing happens. We have Enforce Password Policy on, and we are on SP3 of Dynamics GP. Does anybody have any insight to resolving this issue? ------=_NextPart_0001_6BB9EA6B Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Randall It is possible that the user is getting locked out as they have changed so...

mail enabled Public Folder #5
Hello every one, I hope some could help me with the following: Do I have to do any thing special after mail enabling a public folder? I have Mail enabled a Public Folder which has the email Lab@EX.local. But I get nondelivery notice. I am using Exchange 2003 Enterprise edition. Appreciate any comments. Set the Anonymous role to at least Contributor for this public folder. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Public Folder" <Public Folder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:46F812FE-E236...

Oops! Deleted the wrong item
We were adding items on multiple stations and one got duplicated that was already on file. I deleted the duplicate but it turns out I deleted the wrong item. The one I removed was on four layaways. Now I can't recall the layaways (error 204) to fix them. I tried adding back the item with the original lookup code, but that didn't help. How can I fix those four layaways or remove them so they can be re-entered? Thanks. Mark S. when you deleted your item, a record was inserted into the RecordDeletedLog table in the database, if you look there it will tell you what the ID number w...

Backordered Item Received Report from Transfer
Is there a report similar to the POP Backordered Items Received Report that one can run after transferring inventory into a warehouse location? We would like to use assembly transactions, but not sure how to get this visibility if we don't receive into the warehouse location. Thanks, Barbara Behen Hi Bdehen There is no canned report that will give you this information. This would be a report you would have to create. Regards, Jason -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights. "Bbehen" wrote: > Is there a report sim...

Imported 'Sent Items' from Outlook Express appears to be empty
I just migrated from OE6 to Windows Live Mail. I have always stored a LOT of messages in my inbox and sent items folders. Don't know if this is causing a problem. Everything seems to have gone well with my installation and imports from OE6, except that my 'Sent Items' are not showing up. If I try to re-do the import, it says that it has been done. The inbox items were successfully imported from the .dbx file; the problem seems to be primarily with the 'sent items'. (The .dbx file in my OE folder is just over 2GB.) I don't want to start using Windows Live M...

optical trackball
I like to move my MS optical trackball with my fingertips. This means having it "upside down" (cord towards me). On my previous computer, XP provided settings > control panel > mouse > activities which included an "orintation" setting. My newer one doesn't have "activities". Is this something to do with "Intellipoint"? Hugh Momoka wrote: > I like to move my MS optical trackball with my fingertips. This means having > it "upside down" (cord towards me). On my previous computer, XP provided > settings > con...

Determining Changes between an Old and Updated Database
Each week, I recieve an updated database and would like to be able tocompare the new database to the old one to determine exactly whatchanged from the new to the old. Any ideas? Set up linked tables so you can access data in one database from theother; and then use queries (especially but not only Find Unmatchedqueries) to examine the data. On 5 Mar 2007 09:49:27 -0800, quinnculver@gmail.com wrote:>Each week, I recieve an updated database and would like to be able to>compare the new database to the old one to determine exactly what>changed from the new to the old. Any ideas?--John Nur...

Default Line Weight in Excel
How do I change the default setting for the "Line Weight" when creating charts - at the moment all of my graphs are created with a very thin line weight & I would like the standard to be thicker.... You can't change the default line weight. However, you can create a custom chart with the heavier line weights and then use that custom chart instead of Excel's defaults. To do so, click once on your finished chart with the heavier line weights. Go to the standard toolbar and select Chart -> Chart Type. In the Chart Type dialog box, select the Custom Types tab. ...

Change the mail path
My IMAP server is UNIX-based, my e-mail is stored in its own directory in user home directory-for example: ~username/Mail. i have windows -xp in compaq system. which is part of lan. i want to change the path of default mail(i.e where d mails r saved.) please help me out. The instructions gvn in help is not able to help me out. Please guide Thanx in advance../// Raghav wrote: > My IMAP server is UNIX-based, my e-mail is stored in its own directory in > user home directory-for example: ~username/Mail. i have windows -xp in > compaq system. which is part of lan. i want to...

How to change font in Status row and Tooltip
Hi! Is it possible to change the font in the status field and on tooltips that gets displayed. I'd like to change to a font that can display Cyrilic characters. Thanks in advance! /Henke ...

Change Fileas name to first name last name
Hi Where can I change the settings so that the contacts filed as First Name last name instead of Last name,First name Thank Jason OL2002: How to Change the File As Field for All Contacts ID: 291144 -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm "Jason" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7F277C...

Charging 1 or 2 Taxes on items automatically
I have 4 columns, A1-item, B1-tax, C1-tax, D1- Total. Some items are taxable on both, others only on 1, is there a way to automatically charge 1 or 2 taxes on the total. Thank-You B.W. It is easy: set the values in columns B and C as percents. Then D would have something like: =(1+B1+C1)*A1 With this set-up you can remove a column B or C tax just by setting the value to zero. -- Gary's Student "B.W." wrote: > I have 4 columns, A1-item, B1-tax, C1-tax, D1- Total. Some items are taxable > on both, others only on 1, is there a way to automatically charge 1 or 2 &...

Migrating Public Folders #2
I have just got involved in a Migration from EX5.5 to EX2003. 1. AD is clean an all accounts have been manually created not migrated. 2. Company has over 12,000 public folders on EX5.5. 3. I need to migrate mailboxes to EX2003 and connect then to the manually created accounts. 4. Migrate the Public Folders whilst keeping the security.! What is the best method to do this. All migrition tools seem to use sid history etc, obviuosly not an optionhere. I have looked at a util called PFADMIN. Does this export security using display name. If so could this be used to re-assign security on the EX2003....

the font changes colour on emails I send
I am sending an email and the font looks correct. When the recipient receives it some of the text is bright green. It doesn't happen on every email but when it does, it is only on part of the text. ...

UDF: select field by its string name
Hello, I am looking for a way how to select field value, if the table and field name both are available as string parameters. I am aware that in SP it could be done, by using exec function. I am also aware of the fact, that this is kind of bad practice, ie it includes SQL injection threat, is not effective use of server engine, etc. Nevertheless, I hope that I will be shown the solution rathter than taught not to try. The reason I need such function, is the nature of record IDs in the database - they are not automatically populated, and they are random (rather than consequitive...

Office updates changing Outlook settings?
Hello, Has anyone experienced some of their Outlook settings changing when doing Office updates? Thanks, Jerry Jerry, Which settings were changed, can you be more specific please. I have not seen where doing a general Office Updates changes the standard settings. -- Regards, Francine Otterson President, San Diego Outlook User Group MVP - Microsoft Outlook "Jerry" <jerrypav456@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:upt1139gpu6vjvgelcc72gstnq2rjjfj1i@4ax.com... > Hello, > > Has anyone experienced some of their Outlook settings changing when > doing Office upd...

Font size changes in Excel 2003 charts when re-opened
For certain charts that I create within Excel 2003 (usually bar charts), I use a font size of 8 (eg for data labels, axis labels, and scale). If I close the file and then re-open it, all these fonts will have become size one (title and legend are not effected). Oddly, if I have created a bar chart and made several copies of it within a worksheet, it will only be the original and not the copies that are affected by this. If anyone can shed any light on why this may be happening and how it could be fixed, I would really appreciate it. Lucie ...

Using VBA to change Excel layouts
Our company has designed 4 different spreadsheet designs. The same data gets stored in any of the 4 spreadsheet layouts....the only difference is that some spreadsheets use different colors, have different fonts and cell sizes and etc... I thought it would be nice to create just ONE spreadsheet that contains a combo-box or list-box or drop-down box which allows the user to select 1 of the 4 layout choices, then I want VBA to programattically setup the spreadsheet layout according to the users choice. Does that make sense? Does anybody know any good ways to implement something lik...

how can i Back up folders??
How can I make a backup from folders and other information in outlook, So i can format my computer ? ThanX G'Day 'onymous, You don't tell us what version of Office you use. Go to: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=8b081f3a-b7d0-4b16-b8af-5a6322f4fd01&displaylang=en This works with OL2000 onward. -- Regards, Pat Garard Australia ______________________________________ Copy your pst-file to your safe location (separate harddisk/partition/USB-memory stick). Then after the format and reinstall of Window and Office connect to it by using File-> O...

The item cannot be displayed in the preview pane
I have recently migrated users from outlook IO to Exchange. The are a slew of messages that I cannot preview or open. When I click on the mail message I get "The Item cannot be displayed inthe preview pane. Open the item to read its contents". When I try to open the message "Cannot open this Item. The operation failed". If I change the outlook client back to IO and import the PST, I can read the message again. Help. ...

problems navigating to folders
I have a Dell, Win XP SP2, MS Office 2007 Professional, that I am having problems navigating to folders. When I click on "Open" the "Open" box opens but when I click on the "look in" down arrow, the following box opens "Initalizing Folders" box opens, and then when I try to go anywhere else it just sits there. Any suggestions? Follow up: This same action happens in all of Office 2007 products, Word, Access etc. "fbcmusicmark" wrote: > I have a Dell, Win XP SP2, MS Office 2007 Professional, that I am having > problems navigating t...