It's twins!!! Two sets of personal folders!!

I had to re-install outlook and reloaded my .pst file.  My
inbox got all the mail back but my contacts didnt come
back.  I imported the pst file and now i have double!!  It
wont let me get rid of either.  What do I do now??

TIA
Terri
0
tcoppens (3)

"unable to open your default email folder"
After a successful install (and reinstall) of Office XP, and attempt to open Outlook, I get the message "unable to open your default email folder Could not open the item. Try again" I click OK. Next message is "do you want open your default file system folder instead" I click OK and get a screen with the title bar of Microsoft Office and all the menues but with a window showing "my computer" and all the drives etc. Under Tools the Option button is grayed out so the suggestions I have read so far I am not able to access. I tried copying my Office 2002 pst file ...

Public folder store Maximum Size
Our company relies on the public folder store for tracking purposes. It has reached 15 Gig in Size. I discovered an article on the net that said microsoft increased the public folder maximum to 75 Gig. Is this true. I have edited the registry as per the instructions but I would like some verification that this is true. We are running Exchange 2003 standard SP3 Hi, Exchange Standard SP2 allows a reg key entry to max the allowed store size to 75GB, correct. Oliver ps. Where did you get SP3 from? ;-) My mistake sry SP2 How do I confirm that SP2 has been applied ? Thanks for the ...

Simple question: Difference between two dates?
Suppose cell A2 has 6/27/05 - 7/1/05 A3 has 7/4/05 - 7/8/05... and so I need to know the formula to coomputer the number of days betwee those dates, which is obviously 5. The reason it need to keep the rang in one cell is this will be used in a VLookup function. Thanks -- dstoc ----------------------------------------------------------------------- dstock's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2422 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38132 Anyway you slice it, you have to get the 2 dates seperated... So you can have ...

Retrieve Permanently Deleted folder with sub folders in Outlook 20
I have no updates since getting my software for Office 2003 in 2005 due to being on dial up and things take too long to download. I accidentally permanently deleted a folder with subfolders out of outlook. I haven't backed up for some time so don't suggested restoring from back up. I followed instructions via online Microsoft help to go to the Regedit. After browsing My Computer\HKey_Local_Machine\Software\microsoft\exchange\client\option there was no edit menu in the Options folder which was part of the next instruction. I suspect this is because I don't have...

Creating Email Address Book/contacts under public folder
Hi, We are using Exchange 2003 Enterprise. I wanted to create a Address Book/contacts that would show up under the public folders in outlook. Is that done from the server or from Outlook and how would it be done? Thanks. Mitch It is done using Outlook client. When you create a public folder you can choose the items that folder will contain. Contacts is one choice. -- Gustavo Del Grosso Laboratorios Andrómaco Gerencia de Tecnología gustavodelgrosso@hotmail.com "mitch" wrote: > Hi, > We are using Exchange 2003 Enterprise. I wanted to create a Address > ...

Sum products prices that are between two dates
Hi all, I was wondering if someone could tell me what the formula would be if I wanted to add the prices of products that were purchased between two dates. If column A was formatted with the dates between 01/01/06 and 31/01/06 and column B with the prices. Thanks in advance Maddoktor Hi Maddoktor In cell D1, enter the Start date required in cell E1 enter the end date required. In F1 =SUMPRODUCT(--($A$1:$A$100>=D1),--($A$1:$A$100<=E1),$B$1:$B$100) Change the ranges to suit. -- Regards Roger Govier "Maddoktor" <maddoktor@clinic.com> wrote in message news:e1v...

Setting vendor payments with different payment terms
Hi I'm using Money for Home and buisness. If I want to set up a vendor that I pay NET + 30. for example: I will see the actual expense on 7/22 but the cash flow will happen on 8/22. How do I do that? If I set up a bill for the 8/22 then the expense is also record on August, but actually the expense took place on July. Please assist. Thanks! ...

Save CRM Settings in Outlook error
I have this problem: When I go to the Options in CRM 4.0 online client for Outlook, I'm not able to save any changes - after pressing OK button nothing happens. When clicking on Cancel button it causes an error with a message "Microsoft Dynamics CRM encountered an error ...". Any idea what's wrong? I'm running Windows Vista, Office 2007. Thanks Jan I'm trying out the demo version supplied by Microsoft in a pre-made virtual machine, and have exactly the same problem. If you just press cancel, it cancels ok. But pressing ok does nothing, and then pressing cancel ...

Merge Personal Folders
I am trying to merge two or more personal folders. However, when I use the copy or move feature to move the "Inbox" or "Sent Items" content it duplicates those items that exist in each personal folder rather than overlaying. What process should I be using? ...

Public Folder / Web Pages
Is it possible for a user to post a webpage to a public folder? I have users that want to write various web pages and I'm trying to use exchange instead of purchasing a seperate server to host IIS. Thanks in advance. anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: > Is it possible for a user to post a webpage to a public > folder? I have users that want to write various web pages > and I'm trying to use exchange instead of purchasing a > seperate server to host IIS. Thanks in advance. You have IIS already if you have OWA. What version of Exchange? You can assign a web p...

Prevent OU Admin's from setting Mailbox Size
Is there a method, other than a deny of mDBUseDefaults on each user object, to restrict OU Admin's from over-riding the default mailbox size? ...

backup E-mail and Public folder
dear all, How to perfrom backup E-mail and public folder in exchange server , please give an advise , thank you Windows Backup will do this for you. http://www.petri.co.il/backup_exchange_2000_2003_with_ntbackup.htm -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "ys" <ys@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF0B2E52-77F9-45BB-ADDA-7D4F18B274AC@microsoft.com... > dear all, > How to perfrom backup E-mail and public folder in exchange > server > , please give an advise , thank you > > ...

How can you identify folders, using folder numbers?
Hi everybody, I've searched and searched and asked in the quasi-defunct yahoo exchange newsgroup, but I've never found an answer as to how I can actually utilize the folder identification information contained in Exchange error log events. An example is as such: Event: 1173 Source: MSExchangeIS Mailbox Store Description: Error 0x6bb deleting unused restricted view from folder 1-1A42FF on database "First Storage Group\SG1 Mailbox1". It would be insanely useful if I could tell which folder 1-1A42FF is, so I can narrow down where the problem is occurring, you know?? Anyone...

Cached Mode, Offline Folders
Hi all I have a mobile user who wants to take certain public folders away on his laptop. There are five folders in total with upto 5 Gb of messages (many large attachments). Can someone please explain how this cached mode works wrt roaming profiles? So you make the folders available off-line buy adding them to your favourites, and these messages are added to your .ost file? Does your .ost file become part of your windows roaming profile? My immediate concern is a sudden chunk of additional data appearing either in the Exchange database or on our Domain Controller in the form of a huge ...

Location of MS Project Cache Folder in Windows 7 OS
Hi I'm trying to clear the MS project cache of corrupt DAT files but I can't seem to locate the cache folder in Windows 7. Can anyone give me the path? Thanks! LisaD -- You can find the location on your own hard drive by clicking Tools - Locate Project Cache - Cache Settings. The Cache Location field in the Cache Settings dialog will tell you the location. Hope this helps. -- Dale A. Howard [MVP] VP of Educational Services msProjectExperts http://www.msprojectexperts.com http://www.projectserverexperts.com "We write the books on Project Server" ...

how do i set up my own invoice and save to use whenever
i want to set up an invoice in excel ie: company name etc customer name +address invoice no quantity description rate total total vat grand total gatesand railings wrote: > i want to set up an invoice in excel ie: > company name > etc &g...

Report Parameters forms value list set by VBA?
NOTE: I"m a VBA novice I have a set of reports that use a common Report Parameter form. When I first designed them it was convenient as the same set of filters were applicable to all the reports: Example: report for invoices, report for open orders, report for processing orders Filters were: Location, Manager & Employee Now they also want to filter by date range, which won't consistent between reports: IE. Invoices = 30, 60 or 90 days old vs Pending Orders = 10, 15, 30 days old I'd like to just add one more drop down box to the parameter report and have the value list ch...

Move Local Folders from Outlook Express to Outlook 2003
I received Office 2003 as a gift. I added a new email account in Outlook 2003, so hopefully my mail will stop going to Outlook Express and start arriving at Outlook 2003. Can I move my local folders from Outlook Express to Outlook 2003. If so how. Bob J ...

Combining two rows of information.....
My main purpose is to sort items wihich are used the most often. Right now , hoewever, usage for from. Right now, some items even though they are in the same location(what we're worried about) , are in sepearate rows in this Excel spreadsheet due to the fact that sometimes they're used as an entire box or just as single items. We're not worried about that, what we're worried about is how many tmimes a worker needs to go to this location. Therefore, the two sometimes three rows that have the same location, I'd like to combine. their usage numbers. What would be the best...

Exchange 2003 set itself on a ghostly name!
I have a Windows2003 domain with two DC. One of them died before I had the chance to run dcpromo again, so when it was rebuilt, I just changed its name. That DC had exchange preloaded but it was not configured. With that problem resolved, I have been trying to install exchange 2003 on this box. Installs fine but when I open the manager, the servers on its list is the old name of the rebuilt box! Estrange how it decided on that name. I had already deleted any reference of the old name in DNS, WINS, used NTDSUTIL to remove any traces of the name there, deleted from AD sites and Services, AD Us...

Copying multiple folders to PST
Hello, In Outlook 2003 I want to create a new PST file, which I know how to do, but I want to create the same folders that I currently have in my mailbox. To my knowledge I would have to select folders one at a time and copy it to the PST. Is there a way to copy all of the folders at one time? -- Regards, Chris It would have to be done one at a time. -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] http://www.slovaktech.com Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007. Reminder Manager, Extended Reminders, Attachment Options. http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm "eckert1961&...

Harddisk has severl unkown folders
XP SP2 I tried to install SP3 recently but failed. Since then my machine always reboot it self every 30 seconds. I booted from CD drive with XP cd went to recovery mode and type FIXBOOT. Now I found out in my second harddisk has several folders with name such as: 0ae4089b57e590b744e373 2a884b442db579e38084a .....etc. I cannot delete these folders. Each of these folders contains dll, exe and inf files, contents of them are exactly the same. Any idea what are these folders? They are update files Run Disk Cleanup Reboot the PC, see if they can then be deleted "M...

Problems with sharing folders in XP and W2K
Hi all !! I have a problem trying to share a folder from my code. On some PC's it works fine, but not on others. I have for instance, my PC which is on a domain running Windows 2000. Here seems to work fine. Then I have 2 PC's on the same network as the domain but instead of being on the domain they are in the same workgroup. Both running XP Professional SP 2. On one of them the sharing works fine but not on the other. When I try to acces to it form the other in the work group I get an error saying that I might not have the permissions to use this resource. But I hve the same user ...

I can not change the scale settings on a scatter plot.
Making me completely crazy as all the online help assumes this works. -- Mom Hi, Your a little lite on detail here. Do you know how to change the scale values? Are you having problems displaying the format dialog? What things have you already tried? Cheers Andy Mom wrote: > Making me completely crazy as all the online help assumes this works. -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info Also, does it work on the Y axis and not the X? Make sure it's an XY Scatter chart and not a Line chart. Can you format other features of the chart? If not, make sure the ...

Creating new folders
Whenever I want to create a new folder or move an email to a folder directory and want to make a new sub-folder, I click on new and then I have to renavigate to the directory of where I want to create this new folder again. Is there a way to set it to whenever I click on create new folder it already has it navigated to that destination? I am using Outlook 2000 w/ sp 3. Thanks. IT Tim <tim.chancellor@gmail.com> wrote: > Whenever I want to create a new folder or move an email to a folder > directory > and want to make a new sub-folder, I click on new and then I have to > ren...