is there a posting site for Outlook Express?

I'm having a problem with OE (6.00.2800) and don't know
where to post a question.

It opens AIM every time I open OE and I can't imagine why.

Thanks.
0
anonymous (74722)

It's an option in AIM, but I'm not sure which menu you need to look at in
AIM.

The express group is here:

http://communities2.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Vote for your favorite Outlook and Exchange utilities in the
Slipstick Ratings Raffle at http://www.slipstick.com/contest/

"Milo" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm having a problem with OE (6.00.2800) and don't know
> where to post a question.
>
> It opens AIM every time I open OE and I can't imagine why.
>
> Thanks.

0
dianenws (1904)

Outlook hangs when I access from remote desktop
I am using Vista on my home computer and XP on the remote desktop. Please see http://www.officeforlawyers.com/howask.htm -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.html Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon "rg1742" <rg1742@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3111517B-3341-4412-AF8E-6386440B530C@microsoft.com... > I am using Vista on my home computer and XP on the remote desktop. And your question? I don't see one post...

Outlook 2002 and Norton Internet Security 'This is Spam' button
Whenever I click on the 'This is Spam' button that Norton Internet Security has placed on the tool bar of Outlook, Outlook reports a security message that an application is trying to access my address book. How do I allow Norton Internet Security to have unlimited access to my address book so that I do not have to keep selecting the allow access option? Thanks Check with Norton to see if you have the latest version of the software. Office XP SP3 causes this message to appear, and I understand Norton has adjusted their antivirus software to deal with it. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MV...

Outlook pst file
My original pst file was about 30 mb in size. Somehow it is corrupted and showing only 30 kb in size. I am not able to recover my previous info. Is there any way to retrieve info from this pst. You could try the inbox repair tool, scanpst.exe David "Ajay" <ajayget@indiatimes.com> wrote in message news:07e301c358de$6534d0d0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > My original pst file was about 30 mb in size. Somehow it > is corrupted and showing only 30 kb in size. I am not able > to recover my previous info. Is there any way to retrieve > info from this pst. ...

Picture issue in Outlook
I've been having a picture issue in Outlook 2003 (NOT Outlook Express) that just started recently. I compose an E-Mail in outlook and it has a picture in it. I send the message. Now I go to look at the message in the "sent messages" folder and the picture isn't showing up; I get an empty white box with the red "X" in the upper left corner. But get this: If I click "Forward", THE PICTURE SHOWS UP IN THE MESSAGE I AM FORWARDING. So, clearly, the picture never left, it is simply not being displayed. ***I have all security image filt...

Outlook contacts #2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C6D122.32A1B6F0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hey Folks Anybody know of a third party product that will allow a network XP Pros = machines running Outlook to be able to share their contacts without = Exchange server hosting their emails? ie. they're using POP3 from a = third party mail provider? R Green ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C6D122.32A1B6F0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printa...

Closing Outlook #4
Whenever I shut down my computer, I get a Window that says the system is closing Outlook.exe. But it never closes and I have to do a "hard" power down. Any ideas on what this could be and how to solve it? I tried a program called Knockout, but that didn't help. Any suggestions would be appreciated. David Are you running any software that integrates with Outlook? WinFAX, virusscanners and synchronisation software are known to keep Outlook running; http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/outlookdoesntclose.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of...

CRM 3.0 Contact sync to outlook after migration
Hi, I have migrated a crm 3.0 sbs environment to a 4 server deployment. The customer have the requirement to sync all the account / contacts to the offline database. This is easily configured and works 100%. Now I can't seem to get the local CRM contact synced to the local outlook contacts :-( this doesn't happen and I have rechecked everything? Any suggestions? -- Warren O ...

More Outlook Client CRM Woes
I've been struggling to get the Moblie Client installed on a laptop for one of my users. After 5 or 6 unsuccessful attempts, the user informed me she does not need access to CRM from Outlook remotely, so I decided to just go ahead and install the Outlook client. Everything appeared to go fine, until I opened Outlook and got the familiar "An Error Occurred Starting CRM Functionality...yadda yadda". The difference being that this time, all the functionality works! The problem is that none of the CRM toolbars are showing up...neither in Outlook or within Emails/Appointmen...

how do i stop outlook auto adding entries to contacts
My Outlook 2003 adds every address I send an email to to my contacts, which is really annoying and means that I now have thousands of unwanted contacts. As far as I am aware I do not deliberately have an 'Add-in' that is doing this, but don't know how to check for that either! Any ideas how to stop outlook doing this, as I can't find any help on the matter, or any obvious way to turn it off. The problem is duplicated as well, because if I email John Smith, for instance, it adds two contacts, one for Smith, John, and one just for Smith. Any help or advice gratefu...

Exchange RPC over HTTP without a seperate Outlook profile?
I have a 35 user network, with an Exchange machine that is also a DC & Global Catalog. I have another DC/File Server. I have two users with laptops who work from home regularly, and I am looking at RPC over HTTP for them. My question is this: Given the situation, would it make sense to just set those two up with RPC over HTTP as the only way they talk to Exchange, even when connected to the local network? Is there a good reason to add the complexity of multiple profiles in this case? I would like to keep things as simple as possible for these users, while not creating other problems...

I'm looking for a way to search for any sent messages that are over 90 days of age. I'm able to manually create the criteria: Search in: 'Sent Items', where item is 'Sent on or before' and a manually entered date but can't seem to find a automatic way for the 'Value'. Online help gives no reference on how to create a condition of 'Over xx Days'. ...

Problems with CRM & Outlook add-ins
Hello everyone, I've been having problems with the CRM and Outlook add-ins. For some reason the CRM won't start correctly if some toolbars and add-in are installed (like Plaxo toolbar and iTunes add-in). I get the error that it couldn't connect to the microsoft crm server. If I disable these add-ins, the CRM works. I'd appreciate your help here, because some people in my company need these toolbars. Thanks, Guy ...

Outlook error on opening
I'm receiving the following msg when I open Outlook: 'C:\Documents&Settings|Application data\microsoft\addins\C:\progra~1\micros~2\office11\addins\outbak.dll" is not a valid Office Add-in. I can then click on OK and Outlook will open. I have attempted to locate this file to remove it, but search comes up empty. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Did you have the Outlook Personal Folders Backup utility installed at one time? If yes, just go to Tools->Options-.Other->Advanced and under Add-in Manager, uncheck this from the addins list. --� Milly Staples [MVP - O...

Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook could not access the specified f
HELP HELP SOS my outlook suddenly says ( Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook could not access the specified folder location. You do not have permission to log on.) when i hit outlook today. I restored my machine and nothing happen. im runnning an XP with Outlook 2002 and the machine is on a server ...

Lost all outlook info
After having many internet problems, I resorted to system restore, which didn't work. I had to go to the next step and do a System Recovery. My internet problems are solved now, however, my parent's outlook identity is completely gone- contacts, old e-mails, everything. Mom says before we did the system restore we had Outlook Express 4...now we are on 6. I've tried looking for any *.ost files or "exchange" files, but I haven't found any, even in "hidden" folders. She logged into her identity through our ISP's website, but there were only 3 ...

Shouldn't have to Exit Outlook to gain CRM features
You shouldn't have to exit Outlook to gain CRM features. I consider this a bug. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=37987ce9-65d7-4734-aca5-8dbde8bbfc62&...

Help: Unread message indicator lost in ShortCut (Outlook 2000)
This used to work fine. The number of unread messages used to show up by the name of the folder in the shortcut bar; e.g., Inbox (3). For some reason it all disappeared. The folder list still shows the numbers in parentheses beside the name, but the shortcut bar doesn't. Even I delete the one in the shortcut and copy (re-copy) the folder over it won't work. I'm using XP Pro (upgraded from Home) and Outlook 2000. Help is appreciated. T. J. Fan ...

Outlook Express attatchment access
As of today, all of my Outlook Express attachemtns in the Inbox cannot be accessed. I receive a message for each mail item with an attatchment that says "OE removed access to the following unsafe attachemtns in your mail..." All of these attatchements opened without difficulty yesterday. What to do??? Hit forward and save the attachment, then close the message without sending it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook &...

Outlook Address Book and Distribution List.
So why doesn't Outlook 2002's address book show up as items I can select for the distribution list? I added some without email addresses and none of them are available to add. I am chosing Contacts... Thanks, Mike You lost me. If these Contacts have no email address, why would you want to add them to a DL? DL's are a group of email addresses. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Mike Klick" <mike@grayce.net> wrote in message news:%23$7yWTQPEHA.2452@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > So why doesn't Outlook 2002's address book show up as items I can select for &g...

Outlook 2003 get rid of double space in Comments?
I cut and paste information from emails into Outlook Calendar comments. But sometimes it ends up double spaced on some lines (i.e. blank lines between lines). How can you get rid of this, there doesn't seem to be anyway from the FONTS screen. ...

Communication between outlook and exchange 2003
Could some one please tell me or point me to a site where I'll be able to find out how does outlook communicate with exchange over a normal private network. I've installed 2 pc's with Server 2003 Enterprise. The one as DC and the other as a stand alone server with Exchange 2003 the way it's described in the Sybex book "Mastering Exchange 2003 Server", but I've been having problems connecting outlook to exchange. The message that I get is "The name could not be resolved. The action could not be completed". When I press the check name. I've rein...

Contact field in outlook 2007 new task page
Hi I had office 2003 and in the outlook new task menu, i used to fill in details as per my requirement. There was a field named contacts at the bottom of the page, where in i used to give some reference number and save. Once the task is saved it used to appear on the task menu with all other tasks. I had renamed the contacts column as ref no..column. Now I had installed office 2007. There is no filed appearing as contacts as it used to appear in 2003. Hence Im not able to fill my ref no in that field. It may be noted that Im not able to get the required field in the contacts menu avail...

Outlook XP / Outlook 2003 problems...with Exchange 2003
Hi! I have the same problem in both applications (outlook XP/2003 beta). I have two E-mail accounts. 1. is an exchange account (current set as default) 2. a private email account when I send internal mails (in the office) outlook use the exchange server...as I set (that is OK!). but when I will send an external email (for example to bill@microsoft.com ;) ) Outlook use also the exchange server to send the email and I get an error message. The only possibility to send external mails is for me to set the email account by hand for every outgoing mail. The proble doesn't exist with outl...

Logging Outlook Web Access events
Is there a way that I can get a log of who is using Outlook Web Access? I need to send a report to managment on this topic. Thanx. On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 06:20:03 -0800, "Ping" <Ping@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there a way that I can get a log of who is using Outlook Web Access? >I need to send a report to managment on this topic. >Thanx. IIS Logs. ...

Internet Explorer Favorites List In Outlook 2007
Does anyone know if it's possible to get your IE favorites list in Outlook 2k7? I can get every other web browsing command to show up in the toolbar except the favorites.. I can get "Add to Favorites" and "Organize Favorites" but the head of my organization wants the favorites list dropdown in there for browsing w/in Outlook. I could do it on Office 2k and 2k2. Thanks! "Howard" <heckmanenator@gmail.com> wrote in message news:efb4f45c-d4c9-4883-8d16-555d2ec7b67a@f63g2000hsf.googlegroups.com... > Does anyone know if it's possible to get your IE fa...