Is Outlook Express Compatable with Outlook Express?

I have been using Outlook Express for many years and
wonder if all the files etc. I have accumulated will be
able to be transferred to Outlook if I switch. I cannot
loose any files including old emails and contact
information.
0
anonymous (74722)

"MichaelB" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:007501c39b76$549edf10$a001280a@phx.gbl...
> I have been using Outlook Express for many years and
> wonder if all the files etc. I have accumulated will be
> able to be transferred to Outlook if I switch. I cannot
> loose any files including old emails and contact
> information.

I just installed Outlook 2003 on my wife's system that had a ton of stuff in OE.  I expected a lot of "fun" doing this as she would
have killed me if I lost her "stuff".

Well, the install went fantastic!  All, and I mean all, email, contacts, address book, everything was intact in the 5 minutes it
took me.  All automatically.

Great job MS!

Steve

0
coldayDEL (3)

outlook help issue
trying to do F1 or bring up help in microsoft outlook and it tries to do install and then asks for common files disk and a psdk-x86.msi file off of that disk. cannot find this disk or those files anywhere. Any help?? ...

Email reply tracks but icon does not change in Outlook for some users
We have email replies tracking mostly successfully, but we still have one bug. When I receive a reply to a tracked email, the email shows as tracked in my Outlook summary view. However, for other users, the icon does not change. When they open up the email, it still gives them the option to track. But if I go into the contact record they used for Regarding, I can see the email in the history. So it's tracking, but they aren't seeing it as tracked. They have different rights than me in both CRM and in the domain. If they click the Track button, the Regarding will populate and the...

Unable to add Outlook's Inbox to IE 6.0's Favorites folder...
Does anyone know how to do this procedure, so I can access my Inbox with IE's interface, for faster access, as it were? Thanks... -- AKS ksteen2553@charter.net wrote: > Does anyone know how to do this procedure, so I can access my Inbox with > IE's interface, for faster access, as it were? Thanks... It's called Outlook Web Access and AFAIK you can't use it unless you have Exchange Server..... -- Registered Linux User no 240308 Kubuntu 6.06, Open Office 2 gordonDOTburgessparkerATgbpcomputingDOTcoDOTuk to email me remove the obvious! Gordon: Thank you for replying;...

Outllook express
send & receive has disappeared from tool bar, cannot send & receive from my Outlook "Meg" <Meg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C2ADF024-5A70-4C7B-9D38-3B45192077BC@microsoft.com... > send & receive has disappeared from tool bar, cannot send & receive from > my > Outlook This is a group for Outlook, Outlook Express is a different program and has its own newsgroups. Try those newsgroups- Good Luck. Send/receive will appear when you properly set up your accts. Ask your ISP how. "Meg" wrote: > send & receive ha...

error 1311 cab D:/ z561407.cab not found outlook 2003
outlook asks me to reinstall note but this file cant be found. If i search for it i can not find it either. ...

Outlook Login Issues / Possible Password Authentication Issues
Hi All, I've got a remote user who has to enter his credentials multiple times before the is able to login into the e-mail. He is accessing the Exchange server via a vpn tunnel. I've check the settings in Outlook to "remember" his username and password, but this issue continues to be a problem. Your thoughts on the issue? Thanks, D|lan ...

Importing into Outlook 2003 Calendar
I am trying to import events via .csv file into calendar. After opening calendar and import/export, from another file, CSV format, a dialog box appears, as such. Microsoft Office Outlook cannot start the required translator. This feature is not currently installed. Would you like to install it now? YES. Upon trying to install the translator, another dialog box appears. Microsoft Office 2003 Setup with message: Error 1311. Source file not found: c\MSOCache\All Users\90000409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0150048383C9\L4561412.CAB. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it. Follo...

Outlook crashes consistantly
Good morning fellow Outlook forum members, I am new to this forum but I look forward to being able to contribute as much as I can. I have a client which consistantly gets kicked out of Outlook when she attempts to print out an email. She gets the following error message Faulting application outlook.exe, version 12.0.6514.5000. She has two printers, a HP laserjet 4 and a HP Officejet (Don't remember the model right now). I have uninstalled and reinstalled both printers, I also have tried using different driver versions. I have tried other supposedly know fixes and nothing has elimi...

Outlook 2003 hangs using Word as Editor
I've discovered when Word is used as Outlook 2003 editor it cause Outlook to hang when I reply to email. As soon as I remove Word a editor the problem goes away. I created a signature using a pictur with Word as editor and I would like to use this signature but canno due to this problem. Is this a bug and has Microsoft addresed it? Any help appreciated! Thanks, Ralp -- ralphf926Posted from - http://www.officehelp.i Are you using Word 2003? Versions must match to use Word as editor. Why not create the signature in Outlook instead? Perhaps the picture you are using is causing the prob...

I'm Completely new to Outlook
I have never really used Outlook before, but I thought I'd try it just to see if it worked better. I figured there had to be some bright sides to it. Anyway, i managed to get two email accounts linked into it. But, with my sbcyahoo account, when it linked, it downloaded all the emails I had on there. So now, when I check my email the regular way from the sbcyahoo website, it says i have nothing in my inbox. I was wondering if there was a way to keep them the same so that my email will show up on both outlook and the website. Also, if that can happen, is there a way to get all ...

Outlook Express #162
I can't send my e-mail. I get the following error message: "An unknown error has occurred. Protocol SMTP, Port 0, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number 0x800C012E" I cannot find this error number. When I go into Safe Mode and try to open Outlook Express I get the message: "Another application has the Switch Identities or Identity Login dialog showing. Choose an identity in that dialog before lounching this application again." I can't figure out what to do. Thanks for the help, Jon "Jonathan heller" <jjheller@comcast.net> wrote in message n...

Help adding a personal folder in Outlook 2003
I am having problem adding a personal folder in Outlook 2003. When I do File/Open/Outlook Data File I get the following error: File access is denied. You do not have the permissions required to access the file c:\mail\personal.pst. I susspect this has something to do with NT user accounts. When I am logged into the machine as "user1" the file opens just fine in Outlook. When I log in as "user2" and try to open the .pst I get the error. If it matters user2 already has three account associated with it; an exchange (default), MSN (via MAPI), & Hotmail (via ht...

Finding old items in Outlook 2003 Calendar
We have recently created a shared Calendar to use as a holiday planner. I have entered the history so that a full year can be recorded. When I do a find on an individuals name I cannot retrieve anything before the current date. Nothing has been archived and I cannot find anything to change in advanced search. "pav" <pav@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:511DC033-4DF8-4119-BC1D-87EF134FEE92@microsoft.com... > We have recently created a shared Calendar to use as a holiday planner. I > have entered the history so that a full year can be rec...

convert outlook trial to paid version
I purchased a key & disk for Microsoft Outlook since my key came with trial ware. I thought every 10 days it would ask me if I want to upgrade to paid version, but that is not happening. How do I intall the paid version without losing my data? You uninstall the trial, together with Activation Assistant, via Add/Remove. Reboot the PC and install the paid for version. Uninstallling a program has no impact on data, or in the case of Outlook, the Profile settings, but then you allways backup your data dont you? In About does it still show as Trial? "geneinnc@charter.net&qu...

Windows Mobile 6.0 and Outlook 2003 Not Syncing Appointments
Hi All, I installed Vista and had to install Windows Mobile 6.0 so that I could access my PDA. The program sees my PDA, and I am able to transfer files up and back. However, I can't get Outlook 2003 to synch with it. I have created an appointment in my PDA and in my Outlook calendar. When I synch the devices, it will not transfer the calendar data between them. I have noticed that it doesn't appear to check my password when I enter the credentials into my Exchange settings on WM6. However, if I enter bad server info, it will complain. Is this an Outlook 2003 issue, a WM6...

Exchange 2003 Outlook Web Access Problem
I am running EXCHANGE 2003 on a WIN 2003 machine. I go to https://domain.com/exchange and get the login screen. I am able to authenticate with my user name and password and it all works fine. When the OWA is displayed the interface is showing red X where buttons should be and there are no graphical interfaces. All links are broken The OWA had worked. This just started a few days ago. No updates or changes have been made to the server Please help. Thanks Mat This happens when you the appropriate rights are not met by your Exchange IIS. Do this as a test, open up IIS and right click on defa...

Outlook 2003 autofill
I am used to outlook express and the way it autofills from your address book. Is there any way to do this in outlook, so instead of filling from previously sent e-mails it will look at the entire address book???? Thank you for nay help with this issue. -- Andrew Edwards Look in Tools->OPtions->Email Options. You can turn on autocomplete but = you will need to send mail to your contacts in order for the = autocomplete cache to work. A quick workaround is to select all names in your address book and place = them in the TO: field and then press Alt+K. This causes them all to = reso...

Not able to use Citrix to access Microsoft CRM Sales for Outlook
Hi, As I understand it correctly you cannot use Citrix or Terminal Services to access Microsoft CRM Sales for Outlook (the Outlook client) at the moment. Does anyone know whether this has been fixed or if there is an add-on available that can solve this issue? Please let me know if you have any interesting information. Regards, Edwin Edwin, As of yet, this has not been fixed. This is basic issue with the way the SFO client is architected and I wouldn't expect a "fix" until v2.0 at the earliest. I have heard that v2 will bring some major changes with the SFO client, so w...

outlook express #53
i am in my inbox. i look at the messages listed and when i click to delete the message, nothing happens. when i click and open the ,message, then click to delete, i get "mesage could not be deleted". what's wrong?? This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?I...

Search STring in Regular Expression
I am trying to search a string that can have 3 values and want to use regular expressions. I tried: string s = "SKT123"; if (Regex.IsMatch(s, @"SKT|SKT_L1|SKECT")) s = s; else s = s; This was a match. but string s = "SKE"; if (Regex.IsMatch(s, @"SKT|SKT_L1|SKECT")) s = s; else s = s; was not a match. I am trying to get an exact match where it is equal to SKT or SKT_L1 or SKECT. How would I change this to get that result? Thanks, Tom > I...

Multiple Calenders in Outlook Today #2
I am playing with having multiple calendar folders (e.g., personal and business) so that I can print the personal calender with family events and hang it on my icebox. Works fine except that Outlook Today only shows events from a single calendar. Is there any way that OL Today can merge the events from more than one calendar? ...

Multiple email address in Outlook 2000
I am running Outlook 2000, I get my mail from a MS Exchange server. I have 2 e-mail address's and I receive e-mail to both addresses. Is it possilbe for me to choose which address e-mails are sent from? Also, I would like to know how to set up Outlook so if I reply to a message, the reply will be sent from the address that the original e-mail was sent to. Take a look at ChooseFrom application: http://www.ivasoft.biz/choosefrom.shtml -- Regards, Victor Ivanidze, software developer "Todd" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:188a601c41b...

Some names not appearing in Gal from Outlook 2003
Using outlook 2003 some names do not appear in global address book Using outlook xp they do. We have a new exchange server does something have to be re-homed. Cheers Keith the people using Outlook 2003 are most likely running in "cached mode" and the OAB has not yet updated... "KJ" <KJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:383AB0F5-3F95-44AE-AE3F-A4B62C87F6D3@microsoft.com... > Using outlook 2003 some names do not appear in global address book > Using outlook xp they do. > > We have a new exchange server does something have to be re-homed. &...

Outlook not downloading all mail
I recently had to start a new pst file in Outlook 2000, and specified that it should be where mail would be delivered. I then transferred all my old mail to it. Now there is SOME mail that is not being delivered to the inbox (or anywhere else.) I have Outllook on another computer which I don't always use, and it will download all the mail. It will also download into Outlook Express, but I don't use that as my main mail program. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Outlook, and it did not correct the problem. Does anyone know another solution. It appears to be mainly private mai...

Compatibility pack for Office 2008
Can anyone tell me if Microsoft has a compatiblity pack available for Office 2008 so that I can open 2008 files in my 2004 environment? Yes, it has a "Converter" available from www.microsoft.com/mac as a free download. The converter enables you to both read and save the new formats. The current version is a Beta version: we are waiting for the 'real' one to appear. We expect that will be some time after the service release for Office 2008 appears, on March 11th. The "converter" is actually a large lump of Office 2008 -- the piece that reads and writes files for...