Is it really possible to just send an email?

I am one of those people who dreads coming back to Outlook.  Here is the
reason why.  All I want to do is send one email that resides with nine others
in my outbox.  I have spent 4 hours trying to figure out how to send one
stupidly simple email.  I have just completed writing 30 pages of code for a
website but I can't send one email with Outlook.  Can somebody please put me
out of my misery and tell me how to do it or what is this program supposed to
be used for.
0
cjcoombes (4)

"cjcoombes" <cjcoombes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am one of those people who dreads coming back to Outlook.  Here is the
> reason why.  All I want to do is send one email that resides with nine
> others
> in my outbox.  I have spent 4 hours trying to figure out how to send one
> stupidly simple email.  I have just completed writing 30 pages of code for
> website but I can't send one email with Outlook.  Can somebody please put
> me
> out of my misery and tell me how to do it or what is this program supposed
> be used for.

You click "send and Receive" right? What happens when you do that?

I didn't dare hit send and receive because I could not allow the other
messages in the outbox to post.  So I tried zeroed in on the one (of 5) email
accounts and thought I would just send anything in that account.
Unfortunately, their is no simple option to just send.  There is Inbox,
Download headers, and process marked headers.  Eventually, I tried all of
them and nothing seemed to happen.  Of course I have no idea if any of these
choices actually sends email.  Now I have removed everything out of Outbox
and into the drafts folder, and hit send/receive but to the best of my
ability, I can't see anything happening.  I am sending a test file from one
of my email accounts to another to begin the process of constructing some
email rules and proving them out.

"Gordon" wrote:

> "cjcoombes" <cjcoombes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am one of those people who dreads coming back to Outlook.  Here is the
> > reason why.  All I want to do is send one email that resides with nine
> > others
> > in my outbox.  I have spent 4 hours trying to figure out how to send one
> > stupidly simple email.  I have just completed writing 30 pages of code for
> > website but I can't send one email with Outlook.  Can somebody please put
> > me
> > out of my misery and tell me how to do it or what is this program supposed
> > be used for.
>

> You click "send and Receive" right? What happens when you do that?

0
cjcoombes (4)
11/14/2008 1:02:01 PM
if you don't want to send the others, hold them in drafts, not the outbox -
or go to send and receive dialog (ctrl+alt+s) and make different S/R groups
for each account.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

> I didn't dare hit send and receive because I could not allow the other
> messages in the outbox to post.  So I tried zeroed in on the one (of 5)
> email
> accounts and thought I would just send anything in that account.
> Unfortunately, their is no simple option to just send.  There is Inbox,
> Download headers, and process marked headers.  Eventually, I tried all of
> them and nothing seemed to happen.  Of course I have no idea if any of
> these
> choices actually sends email.  Now I have removed everything out of Outbox
> and into the drafts folder, and hit send/receive but to the best of my
> ability, I can't see anything happening.  I am sending a test file from
> one
> of my email accounts to another to begin the process of constructing some
> email rules and proving them out.
>
> "Gordon" wrote:
>
>> "cjcoombes" <cjcoombes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I am one of those people who dreads coming back to Outlook.  Here is the
>> > reason why.  All I want to do is send one email that resides with nine
>> > others
>> > in my outbox.  I have spent 4 hours trying to figure out how to send
>> > one
>> > stupidly simple email.  I have just completed writing 30 pages of code
>> > for
>> > website but I can't send one email with Outlook.  Can somebody please
>> > put
>> > me
>> > out of my misery and tell me how to do it or what is this program
>> > supposed
>> > be used for.
>>

>> You click "send and Receive" right? What happens when you do that?

0
outlookmvp (5838)
11/14/2008 1:23:43 PM
On this posting allow me to backup and say thanks to all for the quick
response.  As I pulled out my remaining hair, I forgot my social graces.

Diane, I did as you suggested prior to your post.

What I have discovered is that when I went to enter the email address the
contextual window popped open with possible email addresses to be used.  I
selected the one I needed.  That address is spelled wrong.  I am now trying
to figure out how that can be possible.  I have checked my account settings,
my sidebar directories, my address books and everything is spelled correct,
yet it continues to show up.

I am running 2007 and this must be some sort of residual data from way back
in 2003???

Once I changed the address to the correct spelling everything worked.

I am left a couple of questions; 1) how is the mispelled email address
possible, 2) where does it reside so I can eliminate it, 3) why didn't
Outlook notify me that this is an erroneous address?

Finally, is the mispelled email address being picked up off of an actual
email that resides in my old inbox entries?  I'm checking that out now.

cjc

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

> if you don't want to send the others, hold them in drafts, not the outbox -
> or go to send and receive dialog (ctrl+alt+s) and make different S/R groups
> for each account.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx or point your
> newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.
>

> "cjcoombes" <cjcoombes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I didn't dare hit send and receive because I could not allow the other
> > messages in the outbox to post.  So I tried zeroed in on the one (of 5)
> > email
> > accounts and thought I would just send anything in that account.
> > Unfortunately, their is no simple option to just send.  There is Inbox,
> > Download headers, and process marked headers.  Eventually, I tried all of
> > them and nothing seemed to happen.  Of course I have no idea if any of
> > these
> > choices actually sends email.  Now I have removed everything out of Outbox
> > and into the drafts folder, and hit send/receive but to the best of my
> > ability, I can't see anything happening.  I am sending a test file from
> > one
> > of my email accounts to another to begin the process of constructing some
> > email rules and proving them out.
> >
> > "Gordon" wrote:
> >
> >> "cjcoombes" <cjcoombes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >>

> >> You click "send and Receive" right? What happens when you do that?

0
cjcoombes (4)
11/14/2008 1:56:00 PM
Outlook really has no way to validate the address. As long as it contains
the necessary address elements, Outlook will give it a try. The AutoComplete
suggestion would have come from a previously-addressed message using that
erroneous spelling. Once Outlook passes it on, it's up to the mail/relay
servers to get it to where it needs to go and report on the success or
failure.

You can remove that erroneous entry from the AutoComplete list by using your
cursor keys to highlight it when it pops-up and hitting the delete key.
These names are stored in a local .NK2 file which caches previously-used
addresses. If you don't want to rely on manual entry, you can select the
recipients from an address book entry or partially enter an address and hit
Ctrl+K to resolve it against existing address book entries.

--
-Patrick Reed

> [...]
>> > messages in the outbox to post.  So I tried zeroed in on the one (of 5)
>> > email
>> > accounts and thought I would just send anything in that account.
>> > Unfortunately, their is no simple option to just send.  There is Inbox,
>> > Download headers, and process marked headers.  Eventually, I tried all
>> > of
>> > them and nothing seemed to happen.  Of course I have no idea if any of
>> > these
>> > choices actually sends email.  Now I have removed everything out of
>> > Outbox
>> > and into the drafts folder, and hit send/receive but to the best of my
>> > ability, I can't see anything happening.  I am sending a test file from
>> > one
>> > of my email accounts to another to begin the process of constructing

Thank you very much, Patrick.

I totally cleared out all auto-complete entries and with them any further
issues.

I am again slogging forward.  I have no doubt I will be using this site
again soon enough and I hope I will enjoy another large dose of relief.

Bye.

"Patrick Reed" wrote:

> [...]
> >
> > Finally, is the mispelled email address being picked up off of an actual
> > email that resides in my old inbox entries?  I'm checking that out now.
> >
> > cjc
> >
> > "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> if you don't want to send the others, hold them in drafts, not the
> >> outbox -
> >> or go to send and receive dialog (ctrl+alt+s) and make different S/R
> >> groups
> >> for each account.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> >> Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
> >> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
> >>
> >> Outlook Tips by email:
> >> dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net
> >>
> >> EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange:
> >> EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
> >>
> >> You can access this newsgroup by visiting

11/14/2008 3:37:42 PM
when you type in the To field, a list of previously used addresses popup -
this is the nickname cache. it's populated with addresses you've sent mail
to, either as new mail, forwards, or replies. The bad address either came
from you mistyping, typo by the sender (outlook picks up the reply to or
from address that was on the message), by resolving it with a contact in
your address book when you previously sent them mail. Outlook won't scan the
inbox looking for addresses to add...

to delete addresses from the list, arrow down to select and press Del.

--
> [...]

>> > messages in the outbox to post.  So I tried zeroed in on the one (of 5)
>> > email
>> > accounts and thought I would just send anything in that account.
>> > Unfortunately, their is no simple option to just send.  There is Inbox,
>> > Download headers, and process marked headers.  Eventually, I tried all
>> > of
>> > them and nothing seemed to happen.  Of course I have no idea if any of
>> > these
>> > choices actually sends email.  Now I have removed everything out of
>> > Outbox
>> > and into the drafts folder, and hit send/receive but to the best of my
>> > ability, I can't see anything happening.  I am sending a test file from
>> > one
>> > of my email accounts to another to begin the process of constructing

11/14/2008 4:26:32 PM
I've had the same problem before, and it sounds like your system is in the
manual offline mode.  The outbox will remain pending until you reconnect.  In
the bottom right corner you will see the offline/online status.  Now with the
other suggestions that the pending outbox is cleared, use the send/receive to
manually check the system.  If that works, then work on getting it online
full time.  For example, if the internet connection is started after outlook,
then outlook is offline; so try starting outlook only after you have proven
connection to net.  If the misspelled email was getting to the net, then you
would be getting return server undeliverable errors.

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

> [...]
> >
> > Finally, is the mispelled email address being picked up off of an actual
> > email that resides in my old inbox entries?  I'm checking that out now.
> >
> > cjc
> >
> > "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> if you don't want to send the others, hold them in drafts, not the
> >> outbox -
> >> or go to send and receive dialog (ctrl+alt+s) and make different S/R
> >> groups
> >> for each account.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> >> Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
> >> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
> >>
> >> Outlook Tips by email:
> >> dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net
> >>
> >> EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange:
> >> EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
> >>
> >> You can access this newsgroup by visiting

Unable to create email rules! Any suggestions...??
Hi, I would like to create a rule for Outlook 2003 email, but I find no "rules and alerts" option under the "Tools" menu. It is entirely absent, not grayed out. (When I've looked up how to create a rule, it states you click on "rules and alerts" under "Tools") Would appreciate suggestions. Do you have a mail account installed? Are you in the in-box when you look for this option? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted wi...

why can't I get outlook to send when I'm emailing a webpage?
Hi. When I try to email a webpage to someone, Outlook immediately opens with the email template but it is always missing the send button and there is no option under actions to send it either. What is going on? Thanks!!! If you tell us your Outlook version and Windows version, and exactly what you're doing to send the page, then you'll have a better chance of getting a response. The Internet Explorer version might also be helpful. -- TechieBird http://bwain-dump.blogspot.com "reinadelmar" wrote: > Hi. When I try to email a webpage to someone, Outlook immediately...

Shared/Group Email
I'm coming from having worked with FirstClass as an email and calendar system and had access to a shared group that all members of the organization could both post and read mail items in. Is there a way in Outlook that this can also be done? thanks "Jo-Anne" <Jo-Anne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FEA38DD5-1895-455B-BAA4-0D5FB8DE5D4A@microsoft.com... > I'm coming from having worked with FirstClass as an email and calendar > system > and had access to a shared group that all members of the organization > could > both ...

ScreenUpdating just a range of cells instead of entire worksheet
I am doing a lot of calculations on a spreadsheet and was wondering if it is possible to do screenupdating only to a certain section of the spreadsheet to show the progress of the calculations? thx No, screen updating is an application-wide setting, all or nothing. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com <scottzuehl@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1140292494.504056.216680@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I am doing a lot of calculations on a spreadsheet and was >wondering if > it is possible to do screenupdati...

Forwarding & Sending on behalf
Hi there folks. I'm at work, and our network admin is out of the country, and I have a small issue. We need to setup an email for our "network support" staff, which will consist of one in-house employee, that will need rights to receive and send on behalf of the networksupport@thiscompany.com. We also have 2 other people that do not work at this company, and have completely different e-mail addresses (so&so@overthere.com) I need these guys to also be able to be forwarded e-mail from the networksupport@ourcompany.com as well as send on behalf. I have a decent understandin...

Where can I delete an old/incorrect email address?
I'm using Outlook 2003 So I have, say, Sandy in my contacts book. Her email is SW@...... Later her email changes to SAW@...... I make the change in my contacts. But when I'm creating a new email and I start to type "Sandy..." in the TO field, it still finds the old "SW@..." address. Why? How can I delete that old & incorrect address forever? (Without starting from scratch and loosing all my old email?) Thanks Gary use arrow keys to highlight 'bad' address then hit delete btn "jabadoodle" <jabadoodle@yahoo.com> wrote in message n...

Rich edit control and having a hypertext control to send the messages to windows
Hi Here is the code to detect that if a click is made on word "START". But I have many "START" word Is there any way to detect which "START" word has been clicked? Please Let me know if any Thanks Anup void CRichEditGSDlg::OnLinkRicheditStatic(NMHDR* pNMHDR, LRESULT* pResult) { ENLINK *pLink = reinterpret_cast<ENLINK *>(pNMHDR); FINDTEXTEX findText; *pResult = 0; if( pLink->msg == WM_LBUTTONDOWN ) { long lStart = pLink->chrg.cpMin; long lEnde = pLink->chrg.cpMin; m_Ctrl_RichEditStatic.SetSel(pLink->chrg); CString strLi...

Size Limitations for Attachments send with Outlook E-Mail
Any attachment larger than 100 kb does not send when attempted using Outlook 2003. Please advise as to how one can adjust the size limits for outgoing attachments? Thank you. "Tim" <tgregoire@craneandhoistsales.com> wrote in message news:080201c3dea4$4a835670$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Any attachment larger than 100 kb does not send when > attempted using Outlook 2003. Please advise as to how > one can adjust the size limits for outgoing attachments? > Thank you. Have you checked that your ISP and/or system admin haven't put a limit on? ...

how do I set up my email with outlook
I have just installed outlook but I can send emails form outlook, what do I need to set up and to link to yahoo? tokyo gyoza wrote: > I have just installed outlook but I can send emails form outlook, > what do I need to set up and to link to yahoo? You have to pay Yahoo if you want to use it in Outlook (via POP). ...

Undeliverable email message..._
My ISP migrated to a new smtp server and I had to make the necessary changes to relay my messages correctly. However, when I forward an e-mail or reply to a cashed mail address I receive the following: From: System Administrator Sent: Monday, October 04, 2004 4:26 PM To: email@domain.com Subject: Undeliverable:RE: Message Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: RE: Message Sent: 10/4/2004 4:26 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: email@domain.com on 10/4/2004 4:26 PM You do ...

How to paste animation in publisher for an email message
In a MS Publisher document, I have pasted animated bmp & gif files. When I send the doc by MS Outlook email, the animation doesn't work when the message is pulled up. Is there a special way to paste & activate animation in Publisher? This is not an option in Publisher. Publisher automatically changes the animated images to normal images. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Flyboy" <Flyboy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

outlook 2003 missing emails offline
I am trying to setup a user with an offline folder in outlook 2003. The problem is it does not download all his emails. ON the server it shows he has 200 emails, but in his offline it is only 30. I checked and there is no filters or anything on it. I tried recreating his offline folders and everything, to no avail. Any suggestions? It looks like the emails he is missing are a month or so old, although he has older ones from a few years ago? Did you check to see which folders are set for offline synch? Is this user using Exchange Cached Mode? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post al...

Sending & Receiving
when sending & rec, dialog box shows receiving mail 1 or 5, then 2 of 5 & so on, but emails do not appear. ...

Arrows in Email
When I receive text in some emails, the sentences are preceeded by arrows. Can someone tell me a little information about these arrows, like if I want to send the message to to someone else without arrows, and how do they get there in the first place? Gus Gus GusGus <charlieg@charter.net> wrote: > When I receive text in some emails, the sentences are preceeded by > arrows. Can someone tell me a little information about these arrows, > like if I want to send the message to to someone else without arrows, > and how do they get there in the first place? You are using...

Is it possible to schedule a publish to web in Publisher?
I want to insert a date field in my website. The date does not update unless I open the .pub files and publish to web everyday. Is is possible to schedule an automatic publish to web? Don, Do a google search for javascript and dates. However, almost every computer in the world (at least those running Windows) has the date on their computer. Why clutter up a web site with unneeded info? Mike Don wrote: > I want to insert a date field in my website. The date does not update unless > I open the .pub files and publish to web everyday. Is is possible to schedule > an automatic p...

pictures and graphics not displaying in emails
I used to always see pictures, logos, graphics, etc. in incoming emails from various companies whose newsletters or ads I subscribe to. Now there is just a box with an x in it. I have tried to change every option I thought might return things to the way they were, but with no luck. I believe this happened after I installed some updates to the Vista OS. Anyone else having this problem? Anyone know how to solve it? Thanks. Toole | Options | Security. Uncheck: "Block images...........". -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA ...

Email Alerts
I access my exchange 2003 mailbox from outlook2003/windows xp pro. The exchange 2003 runs on a stand-alone server. I am trying to notify, via e-mail, a user outside of my domain when e-mail arrives from any user that is on my contact list. I want the notification to take place even when my windows xp pro is not on. Could someone tell me how I can accomplish this? Thanks in advance ...

Launch trackable email from Adobe
I have a report written in SRS and then exported to .pdf. I want to email this pdf to my clients using acrobats File > email functionality but when the outlook email window opens, there is no Track in CRM buttons/toolbar. Has anyone got a work around for this or any ideas on why this might be happening? Mant thanks James ...

How to keep Outlook email conversations expanded all the time?
Gurus, I previously asked how do I make Outlook 2003 group messages by subject like Outlook Express? You know, how each additional message comes in beneath and just a little to the right of the message immediately above it? The answer was to go to View > Arrange By > Conversation (answer thanks to Milly Staples). My next question is, how to keep all conversations *expanded* all the time, automatically? -- Spin Spin wrote: > > My next question is, how to keep all conversations *expanded* all the > time, automatically? I never found a way myself, but what I did do wa...

Email Timestamp
When an email is received there is a received date associated with it. Also, if you open up the email, there is a sent date associated with it. Where does that time stamp come from? Is it from the users computer or the exchange servers computer? Will those 2 timestamps ALWAYS be the same? What type of scenario would they be different? Thanks, Jasper Friends, i am trying to write a little application that will send HTML mails with images embedded in them. By default Outlook (and Thunderbird) will not display the graphics. Is there any way to "sign" the images/email so ...

Email not received by recipients
I am using Outlook 2003 with an Exchange Server 2003. I have ZoneAlarm which isn't showing a hack, yet my emails when sent have gone somewhere other than the intended recipients. This isn't happening all the time, but everyday the intended parties get approximately half of what I've sent. I do not receive emails stating that the email could not be received, it is the intended parties that are emailing me and asking me why I haven't responded to their emails. Thanks, Gary ...

Yahoo Is Blocking My Email "Over Limit For Messages"
I am a Yahoo Mail Plus customer which enables me to send emails through an external email client using my yahoo email address. I usually only send 10 email a day, and am using Pegasus as my external email client. But today after I send about a hundred emails I could not send further messages, and I got the message: "521 yahoo.com closing transmission channel. User is over limit for messages allowed to be sent in a single day." This also happened a few months ago. But even when I am blocked, surprisingly, if I then use Yahoo On The Web there is no such problem. Spoke to Ya...

Unwanted Email
Hi: I am getting gross email that I happily send to the junk or adult mail folders. However, I haven't figured out a way to do this, or to DELETE a message without having to open the message first. I've tried right clicking and have looked through the File, Edit, etc., etc., menus over and over again for a setting that will allow me to get rid of a message without opening it. I know that I can tell Outlook to eliminate messages for me if I know the sender's email, but, as you probably know, all of my unwanted mail comes from different sender addresses. This is imp...

Outlook 98 sends, but won't receive!
I have been using outlook 98 since, well 1998! I have never run across this problem. I can compose and send messages, but I now have about 40 messages on the server that I cannot download to my inbox. When I click "Send and Receive" it sends fine and then the "Microsoft Outlook" window shows it receiving (the blue line progresses, Norton scans, Zonealarm scans) but nothing shows up in my Inbox. The error message is 0x80040403. Now what - PLEASE??? I'm using W2000 Professional, and have 512 MB ram. 20 Gig HD. glen@ccim.net If you adjust the zone alarm settings,...

Can't send Internet Mail with Exchange 5.5
Using Exchange 5.5 behind a Proxy 2.0 server I can receive mail from the internet, send and receive mail on our domain, BUT can not send mail out to the internet. The message leaves my outbox and is put in my sent items. No mail is going into the IMS queue for Outbound mail. Ports 25, 143, 110 are open. Any ideas? Thanks David Check your DNS settings. DNS should be the Internal IP of server and DNS should be set up to forward requests to a root server. It's a start >-----Original Message----- >Using Exchange 5.5 behind a Proxy 2.0 server > >I can receive mail from ...