Is it possible to automate sending of a daily email?

Hello,

I would like to automatically send an email every day at a scheduled time.
Is it possible to do that using Outlook or the Calendar?  If not, is there
another method?

Thank you for any and all help!

-deb

See http://www.slipstick.com/dev/olforms/skedrpt.htm for a way that
can be modified to do what you want.

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]
Author: Absolute Beginners Guide to Microsoft Office Outlook 2003
http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm

"Greyhound Friend" <greyhoundfriend@mail.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I would like to automatically send an email every day at a scheduled
time.
> Is it possible to do that using Outlook or the Calendar?  If not, is
there
> another method?
>
> Thank you for any and all help!
>
> -deb

0
kenslovak (742)

Server giving send failures for unsent emails
I have just taken over management of an Exch 2003 site and am having the following issue: One user is receiving delivery failure notifications from the server for non-existent emails. The delivery failure report says that the sender is not the person to whom the delivery failure notification is sent. The scenario is like this: postmaster@ourdomain.net (our exch server) sends a non-delivery report to ceo@ourdomain.net for an email that is purported to be sent by notreal@ourdomain.net (notreal is not an AD user and there is no 'notreal' email account). An example report follows:...

Can't send e-mails
I can receive e-mails but not send them. Dialogue box states: "Please enter your user name and password for the following server. server: smtp.frontier.com user name: ___________ password: _____________" (I've not filled in user name & password here.) Is this a settings, or hardware (server) problem? Do I fix by changing live mail settings, or call my DSL provider regarding their modem/router? Has this e-mail account ever worked? You can't have an e-mail account without a username and password. Tools | Accounts | Mail | Properties | Servers. Is t...

Installing Exchange Email Router Setup
When I install Exchange Email Router on our exchange server, we get the following error: Action Microsoft.crm.setup.exchange.installserviceAction failed Object reference not set to an instance of an object. The progress bar ends at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Exchange.SinkServiceInstaller Does anyone have an idea what could cause this? Thx in advance ...

Using HTML in email signatures/emails in general
My boss has produced a Microsoft Publisher file which I have saved as HTML. There are about 15 images with the file and a couple of XML documents. I want to insert this HTML into an email to send out to customers. I have created a signature and inserted the HTML. When I create a new email, this signature and the HTML page is displayed within the email as expected. However, when sending it to recipients with virus email scanners (mainly AVG) that insert scanning details into an email (such as "No virus found in this incoming message"), the HTML does not display at all. Can anyont s...

Generate a file from email #2
There has a truth that we can't 100% guarantee each email are deliverable. However, in some cases, email is an important way to comunicate with client and to overcome the time different. So that an undeliverable email could have a serious impact.... With the above problem, I have an idea to generate a file ,such as *.pdf, *.tif, *.rtf, for some designated subject of outbound email and put them into a ftp/web server. This should make our client to obtain their files no matter the email is delivered or not. To all expert: In order to reduce possibility of fault from user operation, how'...

Strange emails/strange ndr's
Hi, Recently, we have been receiving some strange emails. I have our exchange server set up to send out an email to a certain user when we receive an email that couldn't be delivered, i.e. if the sender gets the domain right, but botches the username. In the past few weeks we've been receiving lots notices for failed deliveries to our domain. It looks like somebody trying to guess usernames in our domain, but they're not having any success. I thought that maybe someone was trying to spam us, but since they weren't getting through, I thought no more of it. Then toda...

Address Book / Contacts don't appear in email message
I'm sure this question has be posted 10000's of times but i can't seem to locate it. I have just reinstalled windows XP Pro, outlook 2003. I have my email back up all my contacts and calendar info in order. But when i attempt to create a new email message my address book doesn't pop up to list the address's in the "TO" field so there's no way to check them. Thanks in advance for any info. -Matt nutshell222@hotmail.com If you have Contacts in the Contacts folder but they are not accessible when you click on the To button, check these settings: Make su...

email addresses tied to a spread sheet
When I attach an excel spreadsheet using the ‘send to mail recipient’ and then select ‘send the current sheet as the message body’ the email addresses that we always had tied to each sheet are no longer showing. When I’m ready to send the excel sheet as the message body, I hit the ‘send to mail recipient’. If this is a sheet that I send out as a message body on a regular basis, the email addresses and the subject line have always been stored in the address section and subject section when we were on the 2003 version. Now on the 2007 version, the email addresses and subject come ...

Error Sending
I periodically get an error message that states. 553 To send mail, first check your mail with a valid POP account; this prevents unauthorized SPAM relaying. (#5.7.1) It won't send my mail. This only happens every so often. What could be wrong? ...

Email Signatures in Outlook
MS Outlook 2002 SP3 I have various email accounts and wish to set different signatures for each one. However my outlook doesn't appear to allow me to do so as when I go to Tools/Options/Mail Format there is no ability to select an email account to which to apply a signature. It may be a related problem but also "missing" in the Insert menu is an option for signatures. Can anyone help please? I didn't think I was daft but I'm obviously missing something here! Ta Stephen What you're looking for wasn't introduced until Outlook 2003, if you are using Word...

CRM email Key
When attempting to send an email using Micosoft CRM I receive a "COMMUNICATION ERROR with a subtitle that reads missing Microsoft CRM key." I did not believe you had to have the Exchange Router installed to send email. The router is for automating routing of messages. Do you need this installed if you are not going to use automated routing? Thanks The Exchange Router is used to send emails, hence the error message you are receiving. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 15:34:02...

Is it possible to increase Word's 9 levels of outlining?
Word 2007 permits up to 9 levels of outlining. Is it possible to expand the levels, say to 11 or 12? You can try the workaround described in the following thread: 18 levels of numbering without tears http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.word.numbering/browse_frm/thread/10cfb9ee4c92dd6c/61ec9b5e1bb47320?hl=en-us But note that three or four levels are quite sufficient for most texts. With more levels, it will be difficult to grasp the structure. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "GEM" <GEM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B7...

eMail Outlook 2003 Calendar?
I need to email my Outlook 2003 calendar to several people and I wanted to know if there is a free program or way to accomplish this. Thank you in advance. Jack Jack Barrett wrote: > I need to email my Outlook 2003 calendar to several people and I > wanted to know if there is a free program or way to accomplish this. > Thank you in advance. > > Jack Create a new pst file, copy the calendar into it, close the new pst file, and email that as an attachment. YOu forgot the step for zipping the .pst file, which will be blocked = otherwise.=20 It really depends on what yo...

Automated mail creation & sending
Hello everyone I create a report from a legacy system in csv format every day, and once it has been produced I need to attach it to an email and send this email out to one recipient (the same one every day). The subject line is also the same every day, and the report is saved down to my C drive. How can I automate the process? Not running the report, but picking it up from its specified location - preferably confirming first that the file date is today's date (the date is NOT incorporated within the file name) - and attaching it to an email to the recipient and with the standard header?...

Outlook 2002: most voting button responses on email not shown on 'Tracking'
We run Exchange 2003, and one woman (using Outlook 2002) sent an invitation with yes \ no buttons out to the whole company. Over 200 hundred responses were received and she has stored them all in a sub folder, however when she opens the original message and goes to the tracking tab, only around a quarter are listed there. She needs the replies in here, so they can be easily exported into a spreadsheet. Why could message tracking have missed so many of the responses? Cronos THe most likely cause is because she moved them. The responses needed to = stay in the Inbox long enough for Outlook...

user can only do send as
I currently have a user running OfficeXP Standard SP1, Win2K SP3 and the server running Win2K Exchange 2000 SP3. The user has been given permission to send on behalf of, but not send as. When they send something trying to use the send on behalf of, the messages sends as if it were sent as send as (i.e. it appears to come directly from the user and doesn't have the additional message attachement sent of behalf of). Any idea of how to get the send on behalf of working properly? I have manually removed them and it still happens, as if it is stuck on somewhere. I allowed lots of time for re...

Text formatted email
I am trying to email a long hyperlink path to some one that can only receive text formatted emails. When they receive the email it, the hyperlink gets converted in to 2 lines, top line is a hyperlink (path incomplete) the second line is "text" with the balance of the hyperlink path. I placed < > around the hyperlink and it still splits in to 2 lines. Is there any way to keep the full link path intact? Thanks! jvs Tiny URL to the rescue! :-) http://tinyurl.com/ -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Cr...

Exchange Only accepting replied emails
I am working with exchange server 2003, it relays all local mail fine and all outbound mail fine, but it is only accepting replies to messages that have been sent from the domain so if someone creates a new message to send to a domain recipient they get NDR you do not have permission to send to this recipient. If anyone can lead me in the right direction on this matter it would be greatly appreciated thanks.. In news:1172526956.402418.21930@v33g2000cwv.googlegroups.com, AdonisL81@gmail.com <AdonisL81@gmail.com> typed: > I am working with exchange server 2003, it relays all local m...

Cell with email address
I have a cell where I just want to record an email address. However, whenever I enter it tries to connect to Outlook, thinking I want to send an email. How can I stop this? -- Les Les It shouldn't try to connect unless you click on it but you can precede the entry with a single apostrophe or press Ctrl+Z after entry (undo) and a second entry should stop it -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Les" <Les@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9B53EE8A-A0A8-4AFD-A09F-116DDE063747@microsoft.co...

Email messages in project center not showing in Entourage inbox
I am using Entourage 2004 version 11.4.0 on a Macbook with OSX version 10.5.8. I have several projects set up in the Project Center and email from some contacts are automatically made part of the different projects. Up until last week, all of my emails were showing up in the regular Mail Inbox, with the project marked by the colored dot in the Projects column. Now, however, some emails show up in the Project Center mail window, but not in the regular Inbox view. It has caused me to miss a few emails and is getting frustrating. Has anyone else experienced this? Or does anyone know what ...

Selecting Pics in Explorer, then "Send via e-mail" doesn't work...
I'm sure this has been addressed, but I haven't found it in a search. I'm running Outlook 2007 and it worked fine with XP - since I've upgraded to Windows 7, I can't select *any* files in explorer and send them via e-mail. Nothing happens, then I can't get Outlook to start under any circumstance unless I reboot. I need to create a new e-mail, then select the files...and it works fine, but it's a giant PITA. Any help: Sounds like it is caused by a corruption or an incompatible add-in. Which add-ins do you have installed? Tools-> Trust Center-&g...

Give a delegate Permission to send mail on my behalf
Hi I am able to view the mailbox of the person who has set me up as a delegate. But I am not able to send mail and respond to mail on the other person's behalf. What am I doing wrong please help Thanks SMatthew What version of Outlook? They need to grant you "send on behalf of" rights in their Outlook - or, depending on the Exchange server version, the admin may be able to grant you rights to it there. SMatthew wrote: > Hi > > I am able to view the mailbox of the person who has set > me up as a delegate. But I am not able to send mail and > respond to ma...

Validation
I would like to have combo box functionality for the data validation feature in Excel 2000. This doesn't seem to be available in the native validation setup dialog box. Am I missing something? I would like to display the validated items list in the leftmost column and have column(s) of description display to the right of each list item (so I can tell which list item I should select). Suggestions? Many Thanks, Bill Vallance Bill Debra Dalgleish has instructions for creating dependent DV lists. http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlDataVal02.html Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 08 Jun 20...

still having send receive problems
I have posted several times but have not had a resolve to my problem. I am using outlook from the office 2003 suite. I have 3 accounts one personal, one business and one hotmail, all correctly configured. When I click on send and receive all, mail that is in the respective server mailboxes is delivered to my respective accounts but then it hangs at 83% and does not move off that percentage. What is causing this? is one of the accounts timing out? that can usally cause problems if connection's have problems "Headtheball" <noanswer@hotmail.com> wrote in message news...

Email Queue Clients receiving failure email
I have set up queues in CRM and wehen emailing to them from the outside, the queues receive the emails and we can work with them. However, every time you email to them form the outside, the outside email will receive and error that the message could not be delivered. How can I stop the delivery error message from going out? Also, when the messages come in, they have warning on them that sender doesn't exits in CRM nor does the recipient. I totally understand the need for this in a CRM system. What I don't know is how and where do I add my Queue Email Addresses into my system so...