Ipaq - Active Sync problems.

A user where I work has had problems with his Ipaq serial connection 'going
to sleep' over the last couple of weeks. Here are some further details:

It's an Ipaq 3890 using ActiveSync 3.7 on a Windows NT4 workstation running
Office 97. He synchronises mail of approx 1.5g , which includes Office
attachments. The PDA has been working fine for over a year on ActiveSync
3.5, and there has been no software upgrades or changes on the users PC.
There are no error reports in any way, and nothing is shown in the event
viewer. I have already tried the following:

Reinstalled ActiveSync 3.5
Removed above and installed 3.6
Likewise with 3.7
Deleted all profiles from PC and Ipaq
Changed COM ports
Re-set Ipaq, and repeated install of AS 3.7
Deselected 'attachments'
Installed Ipaq on different PC (all worked OK for ten days!!)
Installed Ipaq on OS that supports USB. (Worked OK for approx 200 inbox
messages, then connection drops.)

As I said above, if  I de-selected 'Inbox' and just synchronise Calendar,
Contacts etc, then all works OK, but this renders the Ipaq virtually useless
to the user. Obviously it seems as though there is a problem with either an
email or attachment in the mailfile itself, although it is only the Ipaq
that is suffering. He has no problems working with his mailfile on the PC
itself.  We have a number of other users with the same hardware \ software
set-up, and they are working fine.  Before I start trawling through 1.5g of
email (or ask our email team very nicely if they wouldn't mind), has anybody
else had problems of this nature, and if so, what was the fix?

Please let me know if any more information needs to be supplied.

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Nick.

0
fangtwang (1)

YOu might want to post this on microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync as they
are more familiar with troubleshooting this issue.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Fangtwang asked:

| A user where I work has had problems with his Ipaq serial connection
| 'going to sleep' over the last couple of weeks. Here are some further
| details:
|
| It's an Ipaq 3890 using ActiveSync 3.7 on a Windows NT4 workstation
| running Office 97. He synchronises mail of approx 1.5g , which
| includes Office attachments. The PDA has been working fine for over a
| year on ActiveSync
| 3.5, and there has been no software upgrades or changes on the users
| PC. There are no error reports in any way, and nothing is shown in
| the event viewer. I have already tried the following:
|
| Reinstalled ActiveSync 3.5
| Removed above and installed 3.6
| Likewise with 3.7
| Deleted all profiles from PC and Ipaq
| Changed COM ports
| Re-set Ipaq, and repeated install of AS 3.7
| Deselected 'attachments'
| Installed Ipaq on different PC (all worked OK for ten days!!)
| Installed Ipaq on OS that supports USB. (Worked OK for approx 200
| inbox messages, then connection drops.)
|
| As I said above, if  I de-selected 'Inbox' and just synchronise
| Calendar, Contacts etc, then all works OK, but this renders the Ipaq
| virtually useless to the user. Obviously it seems as though there is
| a problem with either an email or attachment in the mailfile itself,
| although it is only the Ipaq that is suffering. He has no problems
| working with his mailfile on the PC itself.  We have a number of
| other users with the same hardware \ software set-up, and they are
| working fine.  Before I start trawling through 1.5g of email (or ask
| our email team very nicely if they wouldn't mind), has anybody else
| had problems of this nature, and if so, what was the fix?
|
| Please let me know if any more information needs to be supplied.
|
| Thanks in advance.
|
| Regards.
|
| Nick.

0
MillyS5166 (1132)

mhtml problems
I have outlook express 5 when I open my email everything comes as an attachment.Can any help? ...

Problem with Cut and Paste in Windows Explorer
Hi I have Ultimate SP2 fully updates. Recently I have been having a problem where, when I cut and paste a folder that contains sub-folders into a folder that contains a folder with the same folder and sub-folder names, the data is not transferred, even though I am selecting yes to folder and file overwrite? Any idea on why and how to fix it, I am having to cut and paste data over from each folder individually. thanks Daniel On Wed, 21 Jul 2010 07:13:50 +1000, Daniel wrote: > Hi > > I have Ultimate SP2 fully updates. > > Recently I have been ...

vlookup problem #12
Excel 2002 SP3 Win XP HE SP1 *Follow-up group is: microsoft.public.excel* *only reply to: microsoft.public.excel* hi, i am having a problem with vlookup wherein if i use formula A: =VLOOKUP(A2,NJ!$C$2:$C$48,1, FALSE) it works but formula B doesn't: =VLOOKUP(A2,NJ!$A$2:$E$48,5,FALSE) the only difference is the table array range which in the formula B looks into the same sheet etc., but at more columns. i can't understand what is causing the problem. i believe that the columns do not need to be sorted (help file); the sheets are formatted properly, etc. i've done LOTS of vloo...

when a great lot items insert into listctrl,how to avoid freeze problem?
For example,I insert 5000 items into listctrl,it can not display the result and freeze a while. How do I proceed the display and which notify message should be proposed? Thanks in advance! Well, you haven't really defined what you mean by "freeze". For example, if you have a loop that adds 5000 items, all at once, there is an excellent chance that because you are not getting back to the main message pump in your main GUI thread that you simply aren't going to see the data until all 5000 have been added. If it takes a while to add 5000 items, then you will see your whole a...

Publisher 2003 websites problem when uploaded using Frontpage 2003
I work for a special school in the uk, we have a school website created and maintained using frontpage 2003. We have the children produce simple webpages using publisher 2003, these are then saved as an htm webpage, producing an .htm file and a folder containing images. When I try to upload these pages to our website using Frontpage we get the text but all the images are missing - Front page can not see the folders and does not FTP them, only the .htm files. Can any one help? AdamS wrote: > When I try to upload these pages to our website using Frontpage we get the > text but all...

attachment problem #13
hi i want to send an outlook messege with a banner(animated gif or JPG). when i am sending it to others, sometimes they get the message with attachment icon and sometimes without it(of course the bunner is still there). i tried to find the case where no attach icon is not displayed without seccsess. i checked where all the clients are OUTLOOK 2000 or 2003, i tried using RTF or HTML, in or out from the sender domain but i cant find consistent behaviur. i want it to send without display the icon at recivers inbox. can someone help? ...

Number Problem #2
D'all, In a column, I hav 16 digits numbers. But when I add 4 digit number after last digit of that number becomes 4 zeros at last. e.g. 9503170011002910 (16 digit number) 1425 (4 digit number) becomes 95031700110029100000 whether it should be 95031700110029101425 Excel can only handle 15 digit numbers, after that everything gets shown as 0. If you want 20 digits you will have to hold it as text. -- __________________________________ HTH Bob "Sandeep Jangra" <SandeepJangra@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8E87C8C7-8CBC-4CF8-9E0A-F222DD023255@mi...

Tab Control flicker problem
Hello. I have a tabcontrol that has four dialogs added to it at runtime. I have overridden OnEraseBackground(returning true) and I am drawing to a memdc in OnPaint. The problem is that when clicking from tab to tab there is still a flicker when one dialog dissapears and the new one appears ..Is there something I am missing.... Dominic Who's OnEraseBackground are you overriding? the dialogs or the tabctrl. Who is the parent of the dialogs, if the parent of the dialogs is not the tab, then pass the pointer to the tab ctrl to the child dialog as the parent window, that should solve your p...

Having problems understanding MFC collections map
I can't seem to understand MFC collections Cmap. I need an example please. What I need is to: Cmap<key int, value int> mymap; Thanks, jt "jt" <jtsoft@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:IfBRd.94641$qB6.79056@tornado.tampabay.rr.com... >I can't seem to understand MFC collections Cmap. I need an example please. > > What I need is to: > > Cmap<key int, value int> mymap; > > Thanks, > jt > > I usually make a typedef so I can use the map/list templates like classes... typedef CMap<int, int, int, int&> CMyMap; now I...

ADC removal problem
I want to go to native mode now that our Exchange 5.5 server is shut down but I cannot because I get an error saying all connection agreements need to be removed. I was able to remove 2/3 connection agreements, but now i can't remove the 3rd. Config CA_SITE_SERVER The 5.5 server has already been removed from the 2003 system manager Help please.. Check out the following article, specifically step 12: 272314 XADM: Preparing a Mixed Mode Organization for Conversion to Native Mode http://support.microsoft.com/?id=272314 You need to remove the SRS, which will automatically take care o...

Some users cannot have replied E-Mail activity? Why?
Hi, It is really strange, in our company, some users's replied e-mail activity will not be put into CRM system by that router. I tested everybody by my internet mailbox. But meanwhile, some other users without problem. Anybody know that? Thank you very much. Raymond From what I understand... if you reply using outlook - it will not go through the CRM router and be placed in CRM... you must reply outside of outlook.... (i.e. hotmail, external account)... I think there is a TK on this... "Raymond" <xin421@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:015d01c3dc66$e19ca420$a401...

An Exchange 5.5 Mailbox won't disappear when servers sync
We have 2 Exch 5.5 servers, one in UK and one in Kenya - they are happily synching address lists (we have tested this over the past 24 hours) A few days ago one of our mailboxes here had to be moved to the Kenya server (this is a common thing that we have to do when staff from UK go to work in Africa - due to bandwidth etc!!!) and I deleted the mailbox here. After several syncs the Kenya server still "sees" the mailbox and so the mailbox cannot be added locally. We have tried rebooting, requesting full directory syncs, but nothing seems to shift it. We've created and deleted ma...

vista problem
sorry i am new and dont know much about it and i need some help for the drive icon i have tried everything but nothing is working for me the drive icon in my computer for my d drive is a square one with red dots and i want it back to the normal one like other drives but tis not happening i tried the regedit method but no good and tried this one also and everytime i restart my pc the icon cache reappears and i cant do anything plz plz help me out i want my icon back plz help me out i even posted in the thread created but there was no reply plz plz tell what to do -- noman2912 ...

vector problem
I have just recently change some code to use std::vector instead of CArray. It saves the data and displays the data after the file is opened again. The problem starts when I try to add another object to the vector array. First I load the data from the document to a ListCtrl on a form, where I can add elements to the vector. I also use the vector to get a pointer to each of the objects in the vector and add it to each of the ListCtrl items through SetIttemData(). After items are added to the list control and the submit button is press, the code goes through the list and if it has a valid...

Show ALL Activities in Oulook Client
I suggest that a user in front of Outlook today be able to see ALL activities - not just tasks (phone calls, faxs, letters, etc) from the "Outlook Today" main page. Thanks! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssol...

BCM Reinstall problem
I just uninstalled and reinstalled Office 2003. When I install BCM, it looks like it works but nothing is available. The new help menu items are not even there anymore. Can anyone help me fix this problem? Everything else in Office seems to be working including Outlook. Just no BCM. Thanks, Scott ...

Problems downloading E*TRADE statements
I am using Money 2007 and downloading (not importing) transaction statements from E*TRADE. When the statement contains interest or divident transactions Money insists on assigning an investment to those transactions? How can I get Money to treat those transactions as cash only transactions? When Money matches a downloaded stock transaction with an entry I manually created, Money overwrites the transaction details, so instead of seeing e.g. purchased 100 MSFT at 100, I just see Jdbl. How can I get Money to clear the transaction, but not overwrite the transaction details? Regards Pieter...

Problem with quanities in Assembly-newbie
We have been learning and setting up RMS for a while now and everyday we hit a new wall. This is probably because we are newbie’s at the RMS so we are probably missing something simple. We are a computer assembly shop and we are putting assemblies into RMS. If we create an assembly with a serialized part with a quantity of 2 (like memory) it gives us an error in the POS when we bring it up. "Invalid operation 423: Only one serial item allowed per line". If we try and add the lines separate in the assembly we get the error: "Selected item is already a member of this assembly...

Password Problem Money 2005
Money will not let me sign in to my account. I have tried signing in offline. I have tried creating a new password and signing in both online and offline. Is anyone else having this difficulty? Is there any way around this? I really need to be able to access my accounts. Thank you for any help! In microsoft.public.money, sew4asong wrote: >Money will not let me sign in to my account. I have tried signing in >offline. I have tried creating a new password and signing in both online and >offline. Is anyone else having this difficulty? Is there any way around >this?...

Access 2007 problem with 2003 database
I have a database that I developed on my laptop using 2007 on a Vista machine. It was for work, so I saved it in 2003 format. At work, I've done quite a bit of upgrades and inputed a lot of data. I brought it home this weekend to load some more data, but 2007 will not let me add any data to my subform. On the main forms I can add data, but not on my only subform. I didn't change anything from work, so it should work. Additionally I can't convert it to 2007 format. After I open it exclusively, I get the message when I try to convert "can't use file/pathname/nam...

Identifying Leads / Opportunites with no open activities
Hi all - can anyone think of a way that we could identify what leads and / or opportunities don't have an open acitivity associated to them? We want to always have a 'next step' for every lead and opportunity that is logged, whether it be an email by the end of the week or a phone call in 6 months time, so that nothing gets lost or forgotten about, but I can't work out how to make sure this is the case. Anyone any ideas? Many thanks in advance Piers On Jul 1, 9:20=A0pm, piersonal <piers.but...@silverbug.com> wrote: > Hi all - can anyone think of a way that we could ...

Combo Box Sorting Problem
Hello experts, My report deals with data for wells. I have a combo box where the user will choose the name of the well, then it will display the appropriate report. It works great. However, the list in teh combo box shows as follows: paramount 1 denver Atlas Bailey 1 Bailey 5 Bell 10 Bell 12 Bell 14 Bell 17 Bell 2 Bell 5 Bell 6 Borie 1 BELMOT 1 BELMOT 12 BELMOT 2 BELMOT 3 Obviously, the issues are: upper/lower case not consistent; the numbers next to names are not sorted properly. Is there a code that would allow no case sensitivity and sort names with numbers appropriately? I a...

Excel VBA problem
I have 2 Excel tables, part of the first table looks as follows. I kee track of parts in production by entering completion dates for eac process they go through. S/N Kitting SMT 1st Assembly Inspection 10001 30-Jun 2-Jul 8-Jul 10002 24-Jun 27-Jun 10003 Note: This table needs to be flexible in terms of the number of S/N' as well the number of processes entered. For example, there could b 15 processes parts need to go through. In addition, there could be 1 identical parts in production. I need help writing a macro which will go through each line and take the latest comple...

Exchange 5.5 relay problem #3
Hi I have Exchange 5.5 and I have relay problem. What can I do to stop the relay problem? My domain is always in black lists. Than"x S Take a look at this article: 199656 XIMS: How to Stop Spam Mail Messages from Using IMS Relay Agent http://support.microsoft.com/?id=199656 Regards, Colby -- Please do not send e-mail directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Shay Hanya" <shay@telecode.co.il> wrote in message news:ecDJ56XpEHA.800@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx....

Service Pak 3 problems
I have a Toshiba Satellite A105-S4334 running XP Media Center 2002. About a week ago I began having blue screen errors and eventually BSOD. I paid about $400 to retrieve my data, upgrade the hardisk to 360 from 120 and put my data back on the new disk. When I got home I began reinstalling all of my programs. Windows update was doing its thing and then I lost sound on my Realtek High Def....then blue screens began happening. I tried unstalling the (code 39) missing or corrupt Audio drivers and reinstalling, to no avail. It took me about 6 hours of searching the web and I fo...