invalid email address

In message to Candy FH Muffman wrote of having an invalid email address.  I
use hotmail but would like to prevent ti being used by spammers.
Is there any way I can hide it or restrict it in some way?
Can I make it invalid?
Thank you

0
twoduncans (45)

You mean when posting to an online service like this? Sure, don't type your
(correct) email address. See my address or from many others to see an
example.

Note: I've removed your valid address in my reply.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

"Stewart" <<removed>> wrote in message
> In message to Candy FH Muffman wrote of having an invalid email address.
> I use hotmail but would like to prevent ti being used by spammers.
> Is there any way I can hide it or restrict it in some way?
> Can I make it invalid?
> Thank you

0
Roady
3/3/2008 10:30:53 AM
"Stewart" <twoduncans@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> In message to Candy FH Muffman wrote of having an invalid email address.
> I use hotmail but would like to prevent ti being used by spammers.
> Is there any way I can hide it or restrict it in some way?
> Can I make it invalid?
> Thank you

Munging Email Address
http://www.mailmsg.com/SPAM_munging.htm

0
gbplinux (1141)
3/3/2008 10:30:58 AM
Stewart <twoduncans@hotmail.com> wrote:

> In message to Candy FH Muffman wrote of having an invalid email
> address.  I use hotmail but would like to prevent ti being used by
> spammers. Is there any way I can hide it or restrict it in some way?
> Can I make it invalid?

If you're using Outlook to send the message using Hotmail's server, you can
mung the address as recommended by Gordon, although it's not as
straight-forward as when using outgoing SMTP, but I've done it.  If you're
using the Hotmail web interface, I don't know of any way to do it.  I see
that you included what looks to be your real address in your NNTP account in
Outlook Express.  You should change that.  (Although it's too late now,
since you've posted the real address to a public forum and your addresses
likely has been harvested already.  Once harvested, it will be sold from
spammer to spammer ad infinitum.)
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16052)
3/3/2008 1:07:08 PM
Thank you, I changed my isp a week ago so do not use my old freeserve
address any more.  I have changed my address in the newsgroups to the old
address.
Hope that works.

message news:8F6AF706-8B5D-4239-A804-68800E118BB9@microsoft.com...
> You mean when posting to an online service like this? Sure, don't type
> your (correct) email address. See my address or from many others to see an
> example.
>
> Note: I've removed your valid address in my reply.
>
> --
> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
> http://www.howto-outlook.com/
>
> http://www.msoutlook.info/
>
> -----
>
> "Stewart" <<removed>> wrote in message
>> In message to Candy FH Muffman wrote of having an invalid email address.
>> I use hotmail but would like to prevent ti being used by spammers.
>> Is there any way I can hide it or restrict it in some way?
>> Can I make it invalid?
>> Thank you

I would use a completely fake address including a fake domain. The way you
have it configured now means the junk email message is still going to be
delivered to the Freeserve mail servers and they have to drop process it and
drop it. This wouldn't be really nice to your old ISP. Using a fake domain
name will prevent that.

--

"Stewart" <theduncans@thelinks.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> Thank you, I changed my isp a week ago so do not use my old freeserve
> address any more.  I have changed my address in the newsgroups to the old
> address.
> Hope that works.
>

> "Roady [MVP]" <newsgroups_DELETE_@_DELETE_sparnaaij_NO_._SPAM_net> wrote
> in message news:8F6AF706-8B5D-4239-A804-68800E118BB9@microsoft.com...
>> You mean when posting to an online service like this? Sure, don't type
>> your (correct) email address. See my address or from many others to see
>> an example.
>>
>> Note: I've removed your valid address in my reply.
>>
>> --
>> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
>> Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003
>> http://www.howto-outlook.com/
>> Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more
>>
>> http://www.msoutlook.info/
>> Real World Questions, Real World Answers
>>
>> -----
>>
>> "Stewart" <<removed>> wrote in message
>>> In message to Candy FH Muffman wrote of having an invalid email address.
>>> I use hotmail but would like to prevent ti being used by spammers.
>>> Is there any way I can hide it or restrict it in some way?
>>> Can I make it invalid?
>>> Thank you

0
Roady
3/3/2008 1:51:52 PM
I did not think of that so I have tried again using a fake address, I now
realise that stuff might go to the freeserve address but presume that it
will be shut down in a week or so.

> Stewart <twoduncans@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> In message to Candy FH Muffman wrote of having an invalid email
>> address.  I use hotmail but would like to prevent ti being used by
>> spammers. Is there any way I can hide it or restrict it in some way?
>> Can I make it invalid?
>
> If you're using Outlook to send the message using Hotmail's server, you
> can mung the address as recommended by Gordon, although it's not as
> straight-forward as when using outgoing SMTP, but I've done it.  If you're
> using the Hotmail web interface, I don't know of any way to do it.  I see
> that you included what looks to be your real address in your NNTP account
> in Outlook Express.  You should change that.  (Although it's too late now,
> since you've posted the real address to a public forum and your addresses
> likely has been harvested already.  Once harvested, it will be sold from
> spammer to spammer ad infinitum.)
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
him1 (1)
3/3/2008 1:59:26 PM
Even if your address is dropped at Freeserve, the mail will still be send to
Freeserve because they are the only one who can verify if it has actually
been dropped or not. With a completely fake address the message will be
dropped or returned more quickly to the originating domain.

BTW; your current address still holds a valid address (or at least a valid
and registered domain).

--

> I did not think of that so I have tried again using a fake address, I now
> realise that stuff might go to the freeserve address but presume that it
> will be shut down in a week or so.
>

> "Brian Tillman" <tillman1952@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Stewart <twoduncans@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> In message to Candy FH Muffman wrote of having an invalid email
>>> address.  I use hotmail but would like to prevent ti being used by
>>> spammers. Is there any way I can hide it or restrict it in some way?
>>> Can I make it invalid?
>>
>> If you're using Outlook to send the message using Hotmail's server, you
>> can mung the address as recommended by Gordon, although it's not as
>> straight-forward as when using outgoing SMTP, but I've done it.  If
>> you're using the Hotmail web interface, I don't know of any way to do it.
>> I see that you included what looks to be your real address in your NNTP
>> account in Outlook Express.  You should change that.  (Although it's too
>> late now, since you've posted the real address to a public forum and your
>> addresses likely has been harvested already.  Once harvested, it will be
>> sold from spammer to spammer ad infinitum.)
>> --
>> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Roady
3/3/2008 10:40:34 PM
Thank you for the advice; I have now made up a completely false address and
am using that.  However I see that any messages that I post are still
showing as "sent items" in my hotmail account.
Would I get round this by deleting my newsserver "msnews.microsoft.com" and
then reloading with the false name from the start?
Thank you
message news:533F9C17-036B-4C76-8BF0-59B2F712E1B8@microsoft.com...
> Even if your address is dropped at Freeserve, the mail will still be send
> to Freeserve because they are the only one who can verify if it has
> actually been dropped or not. With a completely fake address the message
> will be dropped or returned more quickly to the originating domain.
>
> BTW; your current address still holds a valid address (or at least a valid
> and registered domain).
>
> --
> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
> http://www.howto-outlook.com/
>
> http://www.msoutlook.info/
>
> -----
>
> "Stewart" <removed> wrote in message
>> I did not think of that so I have tried again using a fake address, I now
>> realise that stuff might go to the freeserve address but presume that it
>> will be shut down in a week or so.
>>

>> "Brian Tillman" <tillman1952@yahoo.com> wrote in message

>>> If you're using Outlook to send the message using Hotmail's server, you
>>> can mung the address as recommended by Gordon, although it's not as
>>> straight-forward as when using outgoing SMTP, but I've done it.  If
>>> you're using the Hotmail web interface, I don't know of any way to do
>>> it. I see that you included what looks to be your real address in your
>>> NNTP account in Outlook Express.  You should change that.  (Although
>>> it's too late now, since you've posted the real address to a public
>>> forum and your addresses likely has been harvested already.  Once
>>> harvested, it will be sold from spammer to spammer ad infinitum.)
>>> --
>>> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
him3844 (9)

Exporting a List Of Addresses
I have been asked to export a list of all addresses within our network. While I am pretty sure there was a button on Exchange 5.5 to do this, I cannot seen to find a tool to enable this task in 2003. Any ideas??? Hi maybe there is an easiest way but I use dsquery or csvde to do such a things dsquery * dc=exchange,dc=edu -filter "(&(objectclass=user)(objectcategory=person))" -attr displayname proxyAddresses for domain exchange.edu and for users only Nebojsa Seslija "Griff" <Griff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3C86675-2A31-44BD-8AF...

SQL Table
Hello, In Receivables Management, Customer Maintenance, there is a popup for the internet address for each customer's Address ID. In that popup is a field for the Email Address which is contained inside the Internet Information box. Can some please tell me where this email address is stored in the SQL database? Thanks. -- Bob Try SY01200 Hope this helps, rc. "Bob B" wrote: > Hello, > > In Receivables Management, Customer Maintenance, there is a popup for the > internet address for each customer's Address ID. In that popup is a field for > the Email...

How can I import an WordPerfect Address Book into Outlook?
How can I import an WordPerfect Address Book into Outlook? First export from WP to a CSV file (comma separated values) that OL can import. "Campross" wrote: > How can I import an WordPerfect Address Book into Outlook? ...

Save attachment if email is from joe
I need to save an attachment to a specific network drive/folder if an email comes from a specific person. I know som excel vba but nothing in access, can u guys help me out? Thanks!~ You can create a rule in Outlook to run a script that might look like this: Public Sub SaveAtt(Mail as Outlook.MailItem) Dim Att as Outlook.Attachment If Mail.Attachments.Count Then Set Att=Mail.Attachments(1) Att.SaveAsFile "c:\" & Att.Filename Endif End Sub -- Best regards Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook Category Manager - Manage and share your categories: SAM ...

Font rendering in emailed newsletter
I have prepared a newsletter using Publisher's templates and it looks great in html (e.g. in Explorer), but when I email it as message body (or view it in the email preview) fonts are not rendered in the same way and the quality is much worse (the font is the same, but it looks as if it has a lower resolution, it does not have the same smooht look). Do you know what may be the cause and how I can address the problem? (Note that I do not want to send the newsletter as an attachment - it has to be the email body), Here is some additional information: - I am using Publisher 2003 and ...

Emailing from outlook
I am having problems sending emails from outlook. We use hot mail. The messages will just sit in the out box. I have no problem sening messages if I go directly to hot mail and send a message. Any suggestions? Yes - post your version of Outlook. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Marc asked: | I am having problems sending emails from outlook. We use | ...

Add disclaimer to all email
Is there anyway to add a disclaimer to internal and external mail sent via Outlook 2000/XP/2003 clients in an Exchange 2003 environment? All my research has led me to 3rd party apps that do this but, of course, at a cost. My CIO is asking me to find a "free" solution. But he requires both internal and external mail to be stamped. GFI Mail Essentials will do this if you download the 30 day trial version, after the trial ends the Disclaimer portion wil still work. Otherwise you can write an event sink, http://support.microsoft.com/Default.aspx?kbid=317680 or http://www.ms...

Contact additions from e-mail addresses
Its become apparent to me that when I type in the first few letters of a recipient that the full contact appears in the Send To space but not all of these appearances are from Contacts. Some seem to be stored from previous sent e-mails. how an I identify or merge or add these items to Contacts? That is correct - the autocomplete list contains names you previously sent messages to. You need to use a utility to save the names not in your address book - see http://www.slipstick.com/problems/nicknamecache.asp for a list. Note that Outlook 2010's Suggested Contacts will create co...

Programaticly / Automaticly save email attchments in exchange
I am looking for a soultion on how to automaticly save (detach) email attachments sent to a specific email address(mail box). The action would talke place on the exchange server when the mail arrives and would be put into a specific directory Can this be done with a script? Can this be done with VBA? If so, may I have a code sample. I apreacete you help. Regards, Peter ...

Error when send email from campaign response using template through workflow
Hello, There is an invalid argument error shown in workflow records if send email from campaign response using template. Is it impossible to send email in this way ? ...

Maximum number of SMTP addresses per user
Hi we use an antispam filter that using ldap to determine if an email address is valid before it reaches our exchange servers. This is very effective and reduces the ammount of spam we receive. The system does not send bounce backs if an address is not valid. What I have been asked to do is to send find a way to send a message back to the sender when someone emails an address of an employee that has left the company to inform them to contact our customer services department. The only way I can think of doing this is to create a mailbox that has multiple smtp addresses on it that has an...

Word as EMail Editor in Outlook, Smartquote Problem
Using Office 2003 in Win XP Pro. Word is set as e-mail editor in Outlook. Word is set to use smartquotes, as they look better than the plain straight quotes, in Word documents. However, that seems to cause problems in Outlook e-mail. Spell-checker reports that words are spelled incorrectly, and if sent as is, the other party receives them seeing squares instead of quotation marks. How can I fix this? Has anyone come up with a solution? You have to pick a font that you know has the characters, since not everyone receiving it is guaranteed to have the same font story that you have.... --...

Cannot delete an email from inbox
Hi there, I'm using Outlook 2000SR2 on a machine running NT4 and have a problem with it. I cant delete this one e-mail and even when i click on it (right and left) and the preview pane is not being used, it freezes the whole system and has to be rebooted. Any ideas on how to get rid of this annoyance? Thanks in advance Andy ...

OutlookXP keeps trying to send 'delivery reciept' to email account and fails
Hi, I am having problems 'sending and receiving' from Outolook XP. I keep getting the error "Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x80042109)". Looking up this error I understand that Outlook is trying to send a 'delivery reciept' for an email I received from someone. I had selected OK without noticing that the email came from my "Yahoo" email account. I cannot send email through my Yahoo email account from Outlook since Yahoo does not allow it (or I have not figured out how to set up). Now Outlook keeps trying to send out the 'delivery reciept&#...

Outlook won't accept Word as Email editor
I have been successfully using WORD as my email editor in Outlook 2000. I just upgraded to Outlook 2002, and I have lost the option in Outlook 2002 to "Use Microsoft Word to edit email messages." The option is grey-out. I have tried to activate by changing the "Compose in this message formt" between the options of Rich text, HTML, and plain text, but this had made no difference. I don't use a signature, as I am aware that this can cause a problem with trying to use WORD as the email editor. I have looked at my WORD options, and everything appears OK. I wil...

CRM Email not working
Hi group, I installed SFO on all my XP pro clients. They can email out of their Outlook 2003, however when they use the CRM Email and they hit send they get, "An error ocurred. Please contact your administrator." from a MS CRM message box. Everything else works fine task, appointments, calendar, contacts. What's going on with the CRM Email button? NEED HELP!!! TIA Hi Tia, - could you send mails from the webclient internal and external from crm? - Have you installed the MSCRM Exchange Mail Router? - Have you changed the port from MSCRM or Exchange, from 80 to any othe...

Invalid Argument Error when using 1/1/08 as a date
Hi all, Not sure if this is a known issue - can anyone else create a record that contains a date field with the value of 1/1/08 or 1/1/07, save it and then open it again without getting an "Invalid Argument" error. I am able to produce this error across different environments, different entities and different date fields. Would be interesting to hear more about this. Thanks Hi there, Just to let you know, I just created a task in CRM 4 and set the due date to 1/1/08 and it worked without any issues. This is a field displayed as a Date/Time box, on not just Date. I don...

how do you remove the crm tracking reference in email subject lin
The vanilla v3.0 app adds a crm tracking reference into the subject line of outbound email, how do you prevent the crm track being sent with outbound mail to customers? -- colin mann, hawes signs on the crm web server as an administrator go to Settings - Organization settings - System Settings - Email Tracking ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "Colin Mann Hawes Signs" <ColinMannHawesSigns@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D236297D-128C-45CA-B99A-5A51AF13B865@microsoft.com... > The vanil...

I can not email excel files
I am using xp- I can"t email a excel file? newbe wrote: || I am using xp- I can"t email a excel file? Umm what happens when you try? -- Interim Systems and Management Accounting Gordon Burgess-Parker Director www.gbpcomputing.co.uk And what are you doing to try?? -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "newbe" <newbe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4EBA3AC3-F379-4973-AB64-FBA9FD7F43A5@microsoft.com... > I am using xp- I can"t email a excel file? i was trying to e mail right out of excel but it would not work. I found out...

email address not updating in global list
We have a single Exchnage 2003 server. An exchnage enabled user account was created with the wrong spelling. I went to ADUC and right clicked on the object and renamed it. I then when into the properties and changed the spelling everywhere I could find it. I can manually send an email to the correct address, but When I go to Outlook 2003 and look inthe global list, the incorrect spelling is there. I made this correction over a week ago. I then went to Exchnage System Manager, and fond the Default Offline Address list and right clicked on the object and selected rebuild. But it s...

linking music to emails
How do you link music to emails so the music plays automatically when the email is opened? How do you reverse the process to extract the music from the email. I am sure it is on my hard disk somewhere since it plays even when I don't have an internet connection. Tony Osime <tony.osime@firstsmi.com> wrote: > How do you link music to emails so the music plays automatically when > the email is opened? See if this helps: http://www.howto-outlook.com/Howto/addingsound.htm -- Brian Tillman Check here to see if the information floats your boat! http://www.howto-outlook.com/How...

How to change 'Address List Name' Property from a MailEnabled Public Folder?
I want to change the 'Address List Name' Property of my MailEnabled Public Folder from 'Same as folder name' to 'Use this name', but i found no Property or Method. http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2000/maintain/ex2kwsh.mspx With the attached Script i can modify SMTP Adress and Alias, but not the Address List Name Entry for the Addressbook. Who can help? ' ------------ Dim strURLOpen Dim strURLItem Dim objMailRecipient Dim objConnection Dim objRecord Dim objFolder Const adModeReadWrite = 3 Const adOpenIfExists = &H2000000 Const adCreateC...

Apply ADDRESS formula in VB
Hey Everyone, I got a quickie here. I have made this spreadsheet code using a lot of info on here. Now I wan to use it in VB. =ADDRESS(MATCH(Sheet2!$A$23,INDIRECT("'"&Sheet2!$A$19&"'!$B:$B"),0),MATCH(Sheet2!$A$14,INDIRECT("'"&Sheet2!$A$19&"'!$A$1:$V$1"),0)) What I want to do, is have the outcome of this formula (i.e. $B$2) to be the ControlSource cell for my TextBox. It has to be flexible, meaning that if any variable change, and because of that the ADDRESS changes, it will automatically update. Thanks ...

Can my incoming email be returned while on vacation
I am going on vacation. Instead of having to return to overwhelming server downloading of all incoming emails, can I do some thing to automatically reply that I am away from the office? If your isp supports it, you can set up a vacation responder on the mail server. ( If you do it in outlook, you need to leave the computer running while you are on vacation.) This won't help much with the volume of mail you have to deal with when you get back though. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: h...

How to Redirect OWA to external address
That's the thing, I did not do anything. Anyhow, taking a wireshark trace I see my server is now looking for an internal address. So when I access the same link below internally I get redirected, however, when I try from the internet it fails. So my next question is how do I configure OWA to redirect to the external address when the users mailbox is not found on the existing server? "Ken Schaefer" <kenREMOVE@THISadOpenStatic.com> wrote in message news:ehbnEYFxKHA.4752@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Given the complete lack of information here, I would suggest yo...