Internet Options Menu

I have contracted (and cleaned) some malicious softwear
but am left with a residual problem.
I cannot access the Internet Options under the Tools pull
down menu.
When I attempt to use this function, I get a message
stating "This operation has been cancelled due to
restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact
your administrator".

it works from control panel.

Any ideas??

Thanks in advance

Michael
0
michaelxb (6)

Ask in the Internet Explorer newsgroup

Here is the link for the right forum

Good Luck!

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-Creating Signatures

-----
"Michael" <michaelxb@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have contracted (and cleaned) some malicious softwear
> but am left with a residual problem.
> I cannot access the Internet Options under the Tools pull
> down menu.
> When I attempt to use this function, I get a message
> stating "This operation has been cancelled due to
> restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact
> your administrator".
>
> it works from control panel.
>
> Any ideas??
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Michael

0
Roady

See this internet package which comes from the M$ Corp.
--jrbgottdponju Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="ixnkqviujrde"; type="multipart/alternative" --ixnkqviujrde Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="fhzzqcmaw" --fhzzqcmaw Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to help protect your computer. This update includes the functiona...

Exchange ESUTIL Options
I have an exchange 2000 server which I inherited from another administrator that has a 12 GB EBD on a 20 gig drive. I know that I need to have users delete or archive their e-mails and then run ESUTIL. In Exchange 2000 you can have 2 Stores. Can I create 1 store and have mail go into that while defragging the other EDB and then either A. Run both stores at the same time or B combine the stores so no mails are lost. I have been Google &#8216;in for quite a while and haven't found anything concrete. Thanks in advance for your help. Erin You might want to read up on running...

Delivery Options #2
We have Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003 and the Delivery Option does not work: "Do not deliver before:" Is there a reason for this? Not in cached mode nor online mode. Thanks, Exchange2003 On Tue, 9 Aug 2005 11:00:03 -0700, Exchange2003 <Exchange2003@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We have Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003 and the Delivery Option does not work: >"Do not deliver before:" > >Is there a reason for this? > >Not in cached mode nor online mode. > >Thanks, >Exchange2003 It works on a very vanilla install. Probably need to go t...

"Show Placeholder" feature in options/view doesnt work
I have a macro that places a large number of pictures on a spreadsheet. I would like the pictures to show as "placeholders" to speed up viewing/editing. The only problem is that this feature (under Tools/Options/View) does not work. All the images are being display normally. I have tried this in Excel 2000/2003/XP with the same result. This feature works great in MS Word. Please help. To see what I'm talking about. Go to Tools/Options/View and check the "Show Placeholders" option. Now insert a picture or clipart. The image will be displayed normally instead of just a b...

Quotes and Bank Updates over the Internet
I am running XP for Home. I upgraded from Money 2003 to 2004. While running Money 2003 I would get the latest stock prices for my holdings and all bank transactions from my bank. Since I upgraded I cannot. I cannot find where to point to my ISP (Comcast via Ethernet/Cable Modem). I can hot link from Money to the Web for Help. Help ...

No Reply Option
Can anyone tell me how to send an email that does not give recipients an option to reply? You can't. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP Author - Special Edition Using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Lead Author - Access 2003 VBA Programmer's Reference Author - Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft OneNote 2003 http://blogs.officezealot.com/cardoza "Kim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:844d01c48546$6746e1c0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Can anyone tell me how to send an email that does not give > recipients an option to reply? ...

move files and folers option
I had to perform recovery on my computer and after doing so, when I right click on a file or folder the option to move or copy to is gone. I cannot move files or folders from another location. Also cannot transfer from cd or flash drive to computer. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me! On Mon, 22 Feb 2010 13:56:01 -0800, B.J. <BJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I had to perform recovery What does "perform recovery" mean? Exactly how did you do this? > on my computer and after doing so, when I right > click on a file or folder ...

How can I open Internet Explorer8 window maximized?
I am using Window XP. Within an IE8 page, if I click a link, it will open a new window with small size. Is there a way to open it in full size? I try ctrl, or shift key to max it and exit it, but they did not work. Thank a lot. Chris Any window you want to resize permanently must be the /last/ window closed. Grab the corners of the window and drag it to full screen size. Do not use Maximize. Close all other windows first via the Taskbar and this one last. Windows will remember the *last* screen size used the next time you open the program. -- Bru...

Filter option not working
Unable to get the filter option to work after selecting 'Protect and Share Worksheet Have completed all the steps in relation to Format - Cells, but even though the cells are not locked the filter option can not be use How can I get this to work? Hi gianni While you are protecting the Sheet Tools>Protection>Protect Sheet Below are the rights that you can allow/Disallow all users. Check "Use Auto Filter" regards >-----Original Message----- >Unable to get the filter option to work after selecting 'Protect and Share Worksheet' >Have completed all the s...

Windows Terminal Server 2008 / non-clients need to access internet
I have a terminal server environment. I have access points all over the school. I would like visitors to be able to access the internet but in order to get on you have to open a session. How do I get it shared to non-client pcs? -- rubantin ------------------------------------------------------------------------ rubantin's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/190718.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-server-help/1311934.htm http://forums.techarena.in Hello rubantin, "How do I get it shared to non-client pcs?" Do you mean with ...

How do you turn the Paste Options Button off on Mac Operating systems.?
Version: 2008 I have worked with PCs for a long time and know how to turn the Paste Options Button off, but do not know how to do it on my Mac computer. <br> Thanks for your help! Hello, On 2009.12.16 9:11, in article 59baf1f3.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "clannom@officeformac.com" <clannom@officeformac.com> wrote: > I have worked with PCs for a long time and know how to turn the Paste Options > Button off, but do not know how to do it on my Mac computer. Go to the Word - Preferences command (this is the equivalent of the Windows version's "...

how do i get my menu bar back?
I've lost my menu bar in Excel. I tried to enable Worksheet Menu bar, but that is not even listed in my toolbar section in the Customize box. Any other ideas? If you right click on any bar you have left (one with buttons on it) and go down to customise. you'll get a box appear with a tab on it labeled toolbars. Scroll to the bottom and tick the checkbox next to "worksheet menu bar" and it should come back. Let me know how you get on "Rienne" wrote: > I've lost my menu bar in Excel. I tried to enable Worksheet Menu bar, but > that is not ev...

Popup menu fails to notify ONE type of owner but not another
I have a problem with an owner-drawn popup menu class failing to notify its owner window when the user clicks on items in it. The strange thing is that it only fails to notify SOME owner but not others. If I supply a different owner for the TrackPopupMenu calls, it works fine. Call this class, "CPopup" To illustrate: 1. I have a CWnd derivative called CMyCtl. It has a button on it 2. The user presses the button and my control has a handler. 3. In the handler I instantiate a CPopup object and call TrackPopupMenu to bring up the menu.. The menu pops up just fine. void C...

Tools/Options/View/Zero Value
Under Tools/Options/... I set up the defaul drive in G (net work drive). Today, the network drive is down and I am working on C drive. I'd like the worksheet doesn't show zero values when viewing it, so I unchecked the box "zero values". But it keeps giving me the message "Cannot access directory G:\excel\...", and the zero values are still there. How can I by pass this message and the zero values would not show? Thanks. Mia ...

Would like to have local graphic files displayed by Windows Picture Viewer instead of Internet Explorer
My spreadsheet contains a bunch of the so-called hyperlinks which, when clicked, start an external program that takes care of the actual displaying of the image file. Is there any way to select the external program (file viewer)? All the graphics files (PNG format) reside in my hard disk, not on the Internet. This case is handled very nicely by Open Office, with the images being handled by the Windows Picture and Fax Viewer which loads lightning fast. Excel, on the other hand, prefers to use Internet Explorer, which is a drag. Can I tell Excel NOT to execute IE for some hyperlinks? -Ramo...

Connecting to the Internet
IWhen I opened Money 2007 it informed me that it needed to install an update. So I followed the direction and it appeared the update installed correctly. However, since installing the update Money has not been able to connect to the internet. When I enter mi Windows Live ID I get the following error: "You must be connected to the internet to sign in online." I have checked and I am able to use sign into money central with my user information. Does anyone know how I can fix this issue? I am having the exact same issue... "NealT" wrote: > IWhen I opened Money 200...

No Options
I want to send an email with the "Approve/Disapprove" option. But when I open to start a new email message, my options is greyed out and I cannot select it. Thanks. Are you using Outlook Rich Text Format to send the message? It is required for voting buttons to work. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Cowbell asked: | I want to send an emai...

Lost Save As option
I upgraded to the Panther OS. Shortly thereafter, I lost the Save As option in Word v.x I don't know if the two are related or not. Please help. In article <115d801c3f4a3$d71e0020$a501280a@phx.gbl>, "JamiJ" <editor@thetrucker.com> wrote: > I upgraded to the Panther OS. Shortly thereafter, I lost the Save As > option in Word v.x I don't know if the two are related or not. Please > help. They're not related. Choose Tools/Customize and in the Toolbar tab, select Menu Bar (make sure the name is highlighted, not just the checkbox checked). Click ...

The payment terms discount field needs a "Next Month" option.
If a vendor bills on a monthly basis with a 2% 10th net 30 term, an invoice dated 5/2/06 would be due 5/10/06 for the discount. The due field has a drop-down for "Next Month", which allows the ultimate due date to be pushed into the next month's date cycle. The discount date field needs this same option - otherwise any invoices dated between the 1st and the 9th will have a discount date of the 10th in the same month. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click ...

exchange server 2003 backup options
Hello all, My company and I are trying to come up with a solution for having a backup system for our primary exchange server should it go down. We have a second windows 2003 standard server online. I am afraid of major complications if we just load exchange 2003 server on this other server. I am sure there must be another way to do this. Would appreciate any help on this. Thnaks, Gwen "Gwen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:1913501c44c92 $890ddda0$a401280a@phx.gbl: > My company and I are trying to come up with a solution > for having a bac...

internet explorer errors
when i am in internet explorer looking at anything and close the window i get the error message that an error has occured and it needs to close. this happens no matter where i am looking. or what im looking at. what can cause this and how do I fix it? In article <D3FCC685-4A5C-455E-B092-9C288FC40B6D@microsoft.com>, silvrtungdevl <silvrtungdevl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > when i am in internet explorer looking at anything and close the window i get > the error message that an error has occured and it needs to close. this > happens no matter where i am lookin...

Outlook & Internet Explorer
Using Xp and can not open MS Outlook or Internet Explorer. Already replaced user's profile, but still can't open Outlook. After new pofile was created pop-up window for Internet Wizard Setup appeared, which should not have. What am I'm missing here or did I forget to do? Please help if you have a fix, thnx again. ...

2003/newsreader (OE) not shown in view menu
I just upgraded from xp sbe to 2003 sbe. In the other versions when I clicked on view in outlook I could click on the news or view news. I can't find anyplace in outlook 2003 menu's to go to my mail? To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel | Internet Options and change the default newsreader to Outlook Express. If OE prompts you to make it your default newsreader the next time you launch it, clear the "Always perform this check..." box and then click the No button. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Brucefl" <Thisisnotreal@...

Worksheet Shortcut Menu
I am using XL2003. I am unable to get the shortcut menus to appear. Can I turn them on manually or programatically? I also use XL2007, can the shortcut menus for a worksheet be displayed also? Appear where? In Excel 2003 some shortcut keys are listed when you drop a menu down. Example...........click on Edit and you see Ctrl + key at right side of dropdown. i.e. Next to Cut is Ctrl + X, Copy is Ctrl + C In 2007 you can press the Alt key to see shortcuts on Ribbon Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 1 Feb 2010 13:21:01 -0800, PosseJohn <PosseJohn@discussi...

Even after selecting "skip blanks" in the paste special menu in e. #2
Even after selecting "skip blanks" in the paste special menu in excel, it is copying the blank cells Ensure the cells are actually blank. If you enter =len(cell_reference), it will let you know if it is indeed empty http://HelpExcel.com "arudra1974" wrote: > Even after selecting "skip blanks" in the paste special menu in excel, it is > copying the blank cells ...