internet free/busy

hello,

i am trying to get outlook calendar sharing going on our office lan with no
avail. not interested in exchange cost & overkill. all i want to do is to
have my users be able to see each other's appointments availability.

all computers are on Windows XP pro (sp2) with Outlook 2003 sp1.

what i've done is gone into the internet free/busy area in calendar options.
now i've done a TON of research, but i can't seem to be able to find EXACTLY
what to put in these two boxes under publish & search. I have setup a share
on the office server which on all computers is available at P:\calendars\.

I have managed to add vbf files to the shared directory by doing
p:\calendars\user1.vbf in the publish box. then clicking send/receive >
free/busy information. outlook then told me the info was published
successfully and i verified that by seeing the file in the share.

Now, when i go to another user's outlook and try to add the first user to a
meeting using the schedule tab, i can add the contact, but can't see their
schedule. it ALWAYS shows up as the white & black striped line that
indicates there is no information.

Can anyone please clear up this issue once and for all. i am finding the
online support only goes so far.

thanks, airyt

0
ytNO (3)

anyone? is there ANYONE out there who can help or has had experience with
this?
thx

"YT" <ytNO@SPAMfunkychickens.org> wrote in message
> hello,
>
> i am trying to get outlook calendar sharing going on our office lan with
> no avail. not interested in exchange cost & overkill. all i want to do is
> to have my users be able to see each other's appointments availability.
>
> all computers are on Windows XP pro (sp2) with Outlook 2003 sp1.
>
> what i've done is gone into the internet free/busy area in calendar
> options. now i've done a TON of research, but i can't seem to be able to
> find EXACTLY what to put in these two boxes under publish & search. I have
> setup a share on the office server which on all computers is available at
> P:\calendars\.
>
> I have managed to add vbf files to the shared directory by doing
> p:\calendars\user1.vbf in the publish box. then clicking send/receive >
> free/busy information. outlook then told me the info was published
> successfully and i verified that by seeing the file in the share.
>
> Now, when i go to another user's outlook and try to add the first user to
> a meeting using the schedule tab, i can add the contact, but can't see
> their schedule. it ALWAYS shows up as the white & black striped line that
> indicates there is no information.
>
> Can anyone please clear up this issue once and for all. i am finding the
> online support only goes so far.
>
> thanks, airyt

0
ytNO (3)

rename Business Units in 3.0
Why is it still not possible to rename BU in 3.0? it makes no sense to me, also reading through other discussions in this forum and 1.2 forums, I see no real answer to many questions regarding this matter. Through the years BU will have to change names then many uuseless BU hanging in the lists etc, even if they are disabled. Preparing efficient Demos will also be very difficult and time consuming. You ned to set up the DB each time new for each new demo scenario. Regards Max For demos its a good idea to use virtualpc. You can create a base CRM image then store it somewhere safe. Whe...

Running on low free space
That little monster alert keeps popping up every two minutes when I am on the console. I have gotten it so that I have 161 MB of free space, but when I start to do a virus pattern update with Trend Micro it drops down to about 45 mbytes, and the update craps out with a statement that the update is 80 per cent and the action is uncompleted. What can I do to get more free disk space from this hog. There is 18 Gigs in the system partition and I am at SP1, and not going any further. Can I get rid of all the uninstall points related to KB? There are three log files that are rea...

how come I have "Unable to update free/busy data"
I tried the technical document number KB814555 but the problem still. I use Outlook 2000 SP3 for Calender, Tank, Contact. but this message always appear. "Unable to update free/busy data" -david ...

Business Portal domain users
How do domain users get added to BP? I have installed BP on GP 10. I installed it on a server locally. Now i go to the add user screen. Will I be able to get the users out of Active Directory? Right now the screen just locked up. I guess I dont see how BP is going to access the domain users even if the screen was not frozen. Any info is appriciated. ...

Business Portal #5
We recently installed business portal and when we browse to the site it tells us we are unauthorized. We checked IIS Security and Integrated Windows Authentication is the only checked box. We are also logged on as the Administrator of the server and are browsing directly from the server. Any ideas or suggestions on where to get help or more information? Thanks in advance!! -- SHAREPOINTCOMMUNITY.COM Hi What URL are u using? James "James Mueller" <jamesmueller@sharepoint.mine.nu> wrote in message news:OrG4X4B%23EHA.3840@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > We recently ...

is Money Plus home and business right for me
hii gurus, After long months of research and also after trying small Business accounting I found out that money Plus Home and Business is the right software for me I have a very small business where i need to keep sending invoices to customers, i finally think so that i figured out MS MONEY Home and Business is right But please can someone tell me the below two things 1. Will MS money Home and Business support Currency in BD ( local currency which must be 3 digits after decimals) in other words does MS money support international currencies 2. Small business accounting doesnt not s...

Money Vs. Small Business Manager
I have started a new business and I want software that will track users who have purchased my items. I want to keep track of an inventory and report on what I need to buy when something sells. What product should I use? What are the differences between them? Any help would be great. Thanks, Scott ...

Trouble installing business contact manager
I get a message stating "unable to configure server" when I try to install the business contact manager to my Outlook account. I can't find any help on the microsoft website, but this must be pretty simple for someone who knows how these programs work with each other. The Outlook installation is working fine, although I had to redo it after a Sasser episode. My guess is that some setting on the Outlook account has to be changed before the BCM can load. Thanks in advance for any help. Walter 1. Are you running an Exchange Account? 2. Do you have Administrative rights...

I want to create a unique logo for my business. How can I do it
I want to create a logo/brand identity http://cooltext.com/ -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "SHameka" <SHameka@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7FF67553-5F27-4C77-862F-8F2F15BAF467@microsoft.com... >I want to create a logo/brand identity SHameka wrote: > I want to create a logo/brand identity Think about what you want, ask friends and family what they think of your ideas, create something, then look at it for awhile... change things a bit... think about it some more... make...

Can I "hide" business expense categories M2003
Yes, I run 2003. After reading the yearly horror stories regarding the "latest and greatest" updated versions of Money I decided 2003 ain't broke and don't need fixin'. But I would like to resolve one issue.How can I hide the business expense categories? Don't plan on needing it anytime soon, and it's just cluttering up the scene. In microsoft.public.money, Amazon wrote: >Yes, I run 2003. After reading the yearly horror stories regarding the >"latest and greatest" updated versions of Money I decided 2003 ain't broke >and don't ...

Is there a word templete just text part for a business card
I want to set up the typeset for the wording of my business card. Word has many templates but do they have one for just that? I saw all the different templates. But I merely want to stage the layout of the wording is all. Does such a thing exist like the resume or letter set ups? As far as Word is concerned, business cards are simply labels. Choose the appropriate label blank from the labels dialog and create a new document. Edit the first label to taste then use the macro at the end of http://www.gmayor.com/graphics_on_labels.htm to duplicate the card to the other cells. ...

Small Business Edition and SQL
Can we use a separate SQL Server with the Small Business Edition to bypass the SQL database limitation? Unfortunately, the SBS of CRM only works when installed on SBS Premium and uses the SQL instance on the primary server. I think a lot of us would prefer that we could install it using a separate server with SQL on it instead... "Cindy Mikeworth" wrote: > Can we use a separate SQL Server with the Small Business Edition to bypass > the SQL database limitation? > > > We are installed on the SBS server, using seperate SQL (2000) server. No problems. &q...

how can I create a custom design for business card
I saved a picture on my desktop that I would like to use for my business card design.How do I go about doing it if it's possible? Thank you in advance Jason Jason Use the 'insert' picture from file, and then use the 'format' picture for placement, layout et al.. -- Mike Hall MVP - Windows Shell/User http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm "wrenchnjai1" <wrenchnjai1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2FF8A318-3324-445C-A07F-65B47F3C3258@microsoft.com... >I saved a picture on my desktop that I would like to use for my ...

Two sided business cards
Hi all I am just designing a business card. I have everything set up perfectly but I want to print two sided cards.. Is there a trick to doing it? Thanks TM After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from TM <marshalls6710@rogers.com>... > I am just designing a business card. I have everything set up > perfectly but I want to print two sided cards.. Is there a trick to > doing it? If your cardstock is symmetrical, there should be no problem - just turn the stock over after side 1 has printed, and print side 2. Are you having trouble? -- Ed Be...

Upgrade 2006 to Small Business
Is it possible to upgrade from Money 2006 to Money Small Business? If so, how? In microsoft.public.money, CF wrote: >Is it possible to upgrade from Money 2006 to Money Small Business? If so, how? See http://www.microsoft.com/products/info/editorial/22/cswspring06/default.mspx or visit a store. I would first just try to install over the existing installation. If Money asks if it should uninstall the previous version for you, say yes. If there is a problem, you could uninstall the old first, and then install the new. In addition to Cal's comments, when you install the new version it...

Business Process Management(BPM) Tutorial, Workflow #2
Business Process Management or BPM,is the practice of improving the efficiency and effectiveness of any organization by automating the organization's business processes.Workflow is the movement of documents and/or tasks through a work process. http://flying-rugs.com/business-process-management/BPM.html ...

Free/Busy: "No Information" After May 31
Hello, It was brought to my attention that when my users go to schedule appointments the scheduling part of the free/busy shows the striped "No Information" as soon as it hits June 1. It's not like it is only going out a certain number of days...it stops showing info after May 31. We are running Exchange 2003 with mostly Office 2003 clients. I am not sure where to look. Here's a starting point for you. It has the architecture of free/busy and troubleshooting steps http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/FreeBusy-Folders-Exchange-Server-2003-Depth.html "mpallo&qu...

Unable to update public free/busy data... Exchange 2000 -> Exchange 2003
A week ago I merged Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003. Now my users are getting a popup every once in a while that reads "Unable to update public free/busy data...." I open Exchange System Manager and I cannot find any trace of a "free/busy" folder. What is it called and where would I find it? I Followed the #284200 but that didn't help. Also when in Outlook, if I go to Tools->Options->Preference->Calendar Options->Resource Scheduling, it gives me a "...configuration problem on server..." Has anyone else run into this? My users are getting angry :...

MS Office 2008 Student/Teachers vs MS Office 2008 Business

Earn $500 to $700 per Week Downloading FREE Software
We know it sounds TOO good to BE true, but it�s REAL! Our International Technology firm will pay you hard cash each time FREE software is downloaded. Best of all you will only have to download ONE piece of software ONE time for FREE and you can be on your way to earning BIG! FIND OUT MORE BY VISITING http://JeromeMcCrea.PlugUsIn4Cash.com ...

See the internet pack
--knqoyrbbxhme Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="bioqgramsrmdz"; type="multipart/alternative" --bioqgramsrmdz Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="htrurzwgcaoxtlue" --htrurzwgcaoxtlue Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to continu...

Denied access to Business Contacts
This is the error message I get when I try to access one of my business contacts in BCM. "The custom form could not be opened. Outlook will use an outlook form instead. The form required to use this message cannot be displayed. Please contact your administrator." Anyone else have this issue and if so, any suggestions? I have done detect and repair but this did not fix the issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Tools, Options, Advanced Options, Custom Forms, Manage Forms, Clear Forms Cache. Or find and delete the frmcache.dat file on your hard drive with Outlook ...

Free Excel Templates for monitoring Student progress in a Youth E.
Does anyone know of any free Excel Templates for charting and exploring Student progress in a Youth Employment Program? Excel offers hundreds of freely downloadable templates on its website. I'm sure you can find a template close to what you're looking for, or at least one that will give you some ideas on creating your own customized template: http://office.microsoft.com/en- us/templates/CT011356681033.aspx Take a look under the "Education" category. Watch the wrap. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >Does anyone know of any free Excel Templates...

Use Access on the Internet
I have a database created in Microsoft Access. I also have a website with webspace. Can I make it so that people can use the database on the website and if so how? My webspace provider provides SQL and CGI support are these relevant to my question? -- Hagan Your provider needs to also support Access. If he doesn't, you can convert your Access tables to SQL Server and leave your Access front end in tact, linked to the SQL server database rather than the Jet database. Do read the KB article about client/server performance to see if you need to optimize your app to work more effici...

Business Cards VIEW SETTING- Mail Merge
I would like to print this view onto a lable paper for mailing. Ideas? 1. I have the company logos attached as pictures to the outlook card. 2. I want to print th pictures along with the addresses in a mail merge. hope somebody has a suggestion. outlook 2007 ...