Internet Explorer Starts Slowly after installing and remowing Business Contact Manager

Hi,

Last night I installed Microsoft Business Contact Manager to my computer.
After a few minutes of trial I removed it.

Something has happened along these operations. Outlook is working fine, but
my synopsis mouse stopped scrolling and each new window of IE6 seems to jam
for a minute and then it starts to work fine.

This is relly annoying since I need the Internet all the time.

Here is what I did/tried:
The mouse was easy to fix by installing it again
I tried to install IE7, but did not solve it
Knowledge Base did not seem know anything about this particular problem
Repairing Office did not solve it
Is it possible that I still have some Small Business Server link to some
database or what could be wrong?

Any glues? Reinstall Windows?

0
mika2847 (1)

delay in opening an excel file in excel2007 from the explorer wind
I have a peculiar problem with excel 2007 in one of my pc's. When I try to open an excel file from an explorer window, it takes a long, long time for the workbook to open. This is true both for xlsx and xls files. However, if I first open the application excel 2007 and then open the excel file from within the application menu, then the workbook opens without a delay. What could be the reason for this odd behaviour? I have looked into the settings and tried to figure out the reason for this odd behaviour. Without much success so far. I would be grateful if I can get help in ...

Lost emaila and contacts
I have Outlook 2003 on windows XP. I was having an issue with Word and did a "repair". After I got a message that it was successful I went to open outlook and the setup wizard appeared and had me go thru all the steps as if outlook had just been installed on the pc. When I was done all of my emails from the past couple of uears and all my contacts were gone. Does anyone have any ideads on what happened or if they can be gotten back? Thanks. "carl43m" <carl43m@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7E440B11-F783-4477-8918-9D13DCF5C634@mic...

Integration Manager Security in Terminal Services environment
Has anyone ever had a problem enabling Integration Manager security in a terminal services environment? We've got a client using GP 10 (ver.10.00.0991 - latest hotfix) with the base install of Integration Manager (ver.10.00.0836), installed on a terminal server which all users RDP into. I've followed the instructions according to kb93942 to create the security task with the proper parameters. However, when I attached the task to a security role and the user logs out and back into Great Plains, the Integration menu items are not enabled. In my past experience, I've h...

Installation problems
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I am only at the product key part of the installation and it will not let me continue > I am only at the product key part of the installation and it will not let me continue <br> Please disregard this message--problem solved ...

Weird Excell Entry in Installed App's
Can anyone here shed any light on why there would be there would be an entry in Windows Control Panel "Add or Remove Programs" like this: Excel 2002 [eight or so goofy characters] (KB978471) EXCEL I'll try attaching a small screenshot, but doubt that this group will accept it. -- croy Hi Croy I would go on Microsoft website to check the revision update number (KB978471). If its good and still available, try to delete yours and reinstall the new one. My experience is when you see symbols like that, you should check it out. If you can't uninstall or delete...

pop3 connector delivering duplicate emails after SP1 install
Installed SBS 2003 SP1 over night (includes Ecxhange 2003 SP1) We have been using the POP3 connector to collect mail from a Global Mailbox and emails are delivered to recipients. After the upgrade, the POP3 connector is delivering duplicate emails when it reads the To: and Cc: fields. Emails that come in where recipients are in both the To: and Cc: fields, are duplicated and delivered multiple copies, depending on the number of recipients. e.g an external user sends an email to usera@mymail.com (To: field )and CC's userb@mymail.com. usera@mymail.com - receives 2 emails userb@myma...

I need an interface to make security management simpler.
I'd like to see an interface that would allow me to organize security permissions into customizable groups and then assign permissions to users and classes by granting/denying access to the groups instead of the granular permissions themselves. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agr...

Start menu slow to display
Hi, On one of my machines (which have a nearly identical set-up), access to the Start Menu various items is slow (several seconds), with hard disk activity before they display. Since I have 1.5 G of RAM, it is not an issue of lack of memory. What can I do to make XP keep in memory the Start Menu and display it instantly or almost, as on my other machines? Thanks for your pointers. -- John Doue Try this: Adjusting Windows XP Menu Show Delay http://www.lancelhoff.com/adjusting-windows-xp-menu-show-delay/ -- Rey "John Doue" wrote: > Hi, > &g...

Business Required Fields
Hi, Is there any way of writing an event to bypass business required field validation? i.e. dynamically change it from mandatory to none? Please advise. Thanks. hey i have seen a statement which can change the required fields dynamically. Will get bak tou on that ASAP. geoffreyjoei@hcl.in Hi, use: crmForm.SetFieldReqLevel( <fieldname>, 1 ); and: crmForm.SetFieldReqLevel( <fieldname>, 0 ); 1 = mandatory, 0 = normal "JM" <someone@example.com> wrote in message news:5571AAD3-98D5-4547-A51B-434BB30883F3@microsoft.com... > Hi, > Is there any way of ...

Take a look at that security update for Microsoft Internet Explorer
--nboqlqsq Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="lgcelytrtbub"; type="multipart/alternative" --lgcelytrtbub Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="mvzitzefrzcfccjt" --mvzitzefrzcfccjt Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft User this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to help protect your computer from these vulnerabiliti...

Media Player does nothing when attempting to start
Vista x86 Home Premium I am trying to repair a friend's computer after she got a virus. One of the few problems left to repair is Media Player. It simply will not start. The computer does practically nothing when I try to start it. The exe file pops up briefly in task manager then just disappears. I have removed all malware possible with avast, and Iobit 360. I have used Advance System Care for other repairs. I have also scanned for problems with command prompt. It has done nothing different. Run the System File Checker to repair any corrupted files. Find Command Prompt in ...

Visual C++ error when starting Outlook XP
Whenever I start Outlook XP I get the following error: Debug Error! Program: c:\progra~1\Micros~2\Office10\outlook.exe abnormal program termination (press retry todebug the application) Abort Retry Ignore Whn I abort, it quits Outlook and I go back in just fine the second time. Anyone have any ideas? ...

Set which local email account can send mail to contacts in address book. (associating an email address with a contact)
I use Outlook 2k3 with 3 separate email addresses configured to send and receive email. Is there a way when I create a new contact in my address book (and to go back and assign to old contacts) which email address will be used to send that person email? For example I want to send email to Thomas at company X if i hit new message button and pick his name out of the address book is there a way have outlook automatically default to which email address I have assigned to his contact information? I am afraid that I will send email from the wrong account. Also using different identities is not ...

Auto-Start Timer when Opening Existing Journal Item?
Hi folks - I've been looking for a way to automatically start the "timer" feature on an existing journal item every time it is opened, so that the "duration" field in list view collects the aggregate total of how many minutes that journal item has been open since it was created. I have found lots of info on how to auto-start the timer when a NEW journal item is created, but setting starttimer on OPEN still escapes me. If anyone can help out I'd appreciate it! michael ...

Sample data templates for integration manager
Dear All, From where can I get the sample data templates for GL, FA, RM & PM beging balances. Your immediate response will be a gr8 help. Thanks in advance. -- Developer Thanks Akram saheb. -- Developer "Akram" wrote: > No Dexdev the names are not exact. > > for Ex: you can use Gltrx for Opening Balances, etc. > > Akram. > > "Dexdev" wrote: > > > Thanks Akram but IM samples do not have templates for Beginning balances. > > -- > > Developer > > > > > > "Akram" wrote: > > > &...

internet protocol configuration for juneau ak?
I am A new user who has trouble remembering all of the codes and protocols I am looking for A way to systemize all the codes, protocols, addresses,and formality that one has to remember to navigate through the nets, webs and the internet. is there A easy way to configurate or format that will make all of this reason- able simble? I am taking computer classes and trying to learn all of this in A few short weeks is A real challenge, so that is what the subject is all about. How do i find the internet protocol configuration for Juneau Alask...

Can't Import Outlook Contacts into WSS
Hello, I'm having a strange intermittent issue trying to import outlook contacts into a wss contact list. Sometimes it works fine while other times it freezes after I select the contacts in the outlook address book and click OK. Normally at this point, you would be presented with the "A Program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook." security dialog, but it never pops up. I have noticed that it looks like the security dialog appears in the task bar, but you cannot get it to actually display. At this point IE is frozen until I close what I believe is...

"Repair" install over existing XP
I've got a couple XP partitions that seem flakey, perhaps just due to hit-or-miss Windows updates (some didn't go well--I noticed problems immediately after). I do have newer install CDs with SP3 merged, but I don't want to reinstall all apps if that can be avoided. Is there an easy way to do a "repair" installation from the XP SP3 CDs, over top of the existing XP installs? Goal being to keep all the existing apps. Secondary to this, I'd probably need to wipe the older keys, as the newer CDs have different keys. A regular repair seems to want the origi...

How do I upgrade from Business Contact Manager to CRM
I have microsoft buisness contact manager currently on my machine, we recently installed CRM server any ideas on how to upgrade? did you ever find an answer to this...did you check the BCM newsgroup? -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx "Marc_DISPENSA" <Marc_DISPENSA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C1475151-927F-442A-8B23-87A99EF8A1DA@microsoft.com... > I have microsoft buisness contact manager currently on my machine, we > recently installed CRM server any ideas on how to up...

2003 Contacts format in Outlook 2007?
I'm new to using Outlook 7, and would like my Contacts list to look the same as it di in Outlook 2003: full contact information in multiple columns instead of in one column, as seems to be the default in 2007. Can I use the 2003 format? Post is too vague. What is a Contacts List? To what view are you referring? I know of no views that changed substantially between Outlook 2003 and 2007. -- Russ Valentine "JohnC" <JohnC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:596CED0A-0948-40CB-8F9F-E29A6D6153C1@microsoft.com... > I'm new to using Outlook 7, ...

Adding Outlook contacts to CRM 07-22-06
When I select multiple contacts in outlook and clieck on the Track in CRM button I get an error. If I have 25 contacts in outlook (not using exchange) and I want them to all sync into CRM how can I do that without clicking track in CRM for each, one at a time ? This is not available in the application out of the box. Thanks for your suggestion. We will consider this issue in a future service pack or release. An Issue has been entered in our tracking data base. -- Jason -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Philip" <...

Open .xls file from Explore window
I have a new problem with Excel, which appeared suddenly. I can launch Excel from the Start menu, and open any .xls workbook. But I cannot simply double-click a .xls file from Explore, as it launches Excel ok, but fails to open the file, and just hangs there until I close the window or end the process. This method of opening spreadsheets worked fine until a few days ago. Now this is driving me nuts! I even reinstalled Office 2000 hoping it would fix things, but to no avail. Nothing I can do to the filetypes (in folder options) seem to help either. Help! I could use some pointers! Many th...

Payables Management Unapply Functionality
It would be very helpful to be able to unapply credit memos when you void an AP check. If you apply credits during PM check process, once you post the check, you can't recapture the application of the credits. The PM20100 table is cleared when you print checks. If you void the check, the credits remain in history. When you re-issue a check, the credits applied on the first check don't print on the stub or remittance advice - even if you select "print previosuly applied credits". Users should have the ability to unapply credit memos - both when you void the check and a...

RE: Try these correction update for Internet Explorer
--evliaioypchueggo Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="cnzdmyfli"; type="multipart/alternative" --cnzdmyfli Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="iqkbvlmqvqrgqzv" --iqkbvlmqvqrgqzv Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Partner this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2001, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to protect your computer from these vulnerabilities, t...

Money 2006 Small Business, Spending by Category Report
When I try to view the Spending by Category Report, there is no data shown. I am viewing for all dates. Every transaction in my check register has an assigned category. Why aren't they showing up in this report? It just says "No data to display". Thank you. ...