Internal emails bounce

Hello.  I have a guy who's email messages are being
bounced back to him with an undelivery report.  This only
happens with addresses Internal to our company (when he
uses the short name ie. Kris as opposed to long email
address ie. Kris@company.com).  This is only happening to
him as far as I know.  Once he sends an email to someone
and it's bounced, if he tries again, the email goes
through fine the second time.  The problam has not
repeated a second time yet with the same address.
Nothing has changed over the past couple days (that I
know of anyway).  This was an issue for everyone after
migrating to a new Exchange server at our company, but it
was eventually worked out and no one has had a problem
for months.  Weird problem- I look forward to reading any
ideas of what might be causing this.  Outlook 2003 and
Exchange 2003 in a Server 2003 domain.

Junk email policy?
Hi E2K3 sp2. Is it possible to make a policy to delete junk email older than 30 days? Or other ways to do it? Jordan Sure, just use mailbox manager and configure it for the 'Junk E-mail' folder (via custom folder). Then set it to delete message older then 30 days (ether hard delete or move to deleted items folder). Todd "Jordan" wrote in message news:bpkmu2p9p08lsbbmi7enpu138gfga58h28@4ax.com... > Hi > E2K3 sp2. > Is it possible to make a policy to delete junk email older than 30 > days? Or other ways to do it? > > Jordan Here is a step-by-step pro...

Customizing email form
I want to customize the default email form to make the "Regarding" field required. This doesn't appear to be available from the customization page. Does anyone have experience here? ...

Deleted Email
Hi! Latley when I delete messages at work, I'm getting the very same Email (the one I had deleted) come back into my inbox. why is this?? Do you use a POP account and are you set up to "leave a copy of messages on server" in your account properties? Joe wrote: > Hi! Latley when I delete messages at work, I'm getting the > very same Email (the one I had deleted) come back into my > inbox. why is this?? Type of account? Version of Outlook? Other valuable info you would like to share regarding this issue? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com...

multiple emails error
When I try to send one email, outlook sends multiple emails (up to 67 at one time). ...

POP email is always tracked?
We have a user that sends and receives his POP email through Outlook. All of his outbound email is tracked in CRM even when "Track All Email" is turned off. Is there another setting to check or is this an issue when using POP accounts? We need to know how to not track all of his outbound email. Thanks, Scott We have users that use POP3 also, their email tracking is acting normal like users that use Exchange. The setting is the same for controling tracking CRM email. Is it V3C? Frank Lee, Microsoft CRM MVP Workopia, Inc. http://microsoft-crm.spaces.live.com "Scott...

Email set up
I think I need help setting this up. I am trying to set it up ... but unsure if I am using pop or smtp. can someone please guid me in the right direction? Thanks Windows Mail: Setting up an account from start to finish http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Windows-Mail-setting-up-an-account-from-start-to-finish -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Kids" <deon@longhorn-services.com> wrote in message news:upfpIR7nKHA.1928@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I think I need help setting this up. I am trying to set it u...

confidentiality statement on all emails
How can I place a confidentiality statement on all emails sent by the whole company. We are using Exchange 5.5. Perhaps this KB can help: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;258206 Martin Moustgaard "Joe" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i en meddelelse news:2c0101c42867$fc10f9d0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > How can I place a confidentiality statement on all emails > sent by the whole company. We are using Exchange 5.5. ...

Automatically modifying an email
Since I can't seem to get attachments to work with "mailto" (see my previous post "URL opening a new email"), I'm thinking about another way. If I were to issue the following URL in IE: mailto:me@test.com?cc=him@test.com,attachment=c:\t.txt&subject=this%20is%20a%20subject&body=this%20is%20a%20body which places the filename to be attached in the "To" line. I'd then programatically remove the filename from the "To" line and add the attachment. I'm not sure how to run my code just by creating the email with the URL. ...

how to email worksheet, not as attachment
it function on office2003, upgraded to 2007 with lot of unhappy found solution on other website, but it won't save the modified email address. "GTT" wrote: > it function on office2003, upgraded to 2007 with lot of unhappy On 3/24/2010 3:03 AM, GTT wrote: > found solution on other website, but > it won't save the modified email address. > > > > "GTT" wrote: > >> it function on office2003, upgraded to 2007 with lot of unhappy You're not providing much information here. What solution? What website? More det...

OL Folder Shows Empty When Email is Stored
Suddenly one of my MS Outlook 2002 folders appears to be empty when know there is undeleted mail in there. All of the email stored there just disappeared from view yet the folder shows bold face that there is unread mail in it...and I know that is true because I dropped email in the folder. Yet the folder is blank. I know there are 50 or so undeleted messages in the folder but the folder shows blank. This is on an Exchange 2000 Server system. One other hint...When the folder is highlighted I can choose "select all" from the pull down which indicates something is in there....

use same email address to set up new microsoft outlook email accou
I would like to keep my same email address (with RoadRunner) to open a Microsoft Outlook email account and not have to change it. Is that possible? Also, if it is, cannot figure out what to type in POP3, SMTP to set up that account. Is it because I am using another ISP? thanks. desperate to find out! ...

sending an email to someone with a military email
my email to my cousin on a military post says that i need to have authenication to send it, do i have to call fios to send it That depends on what the exact error message is saying. Try this: Make sure you have send authentication enabled. Go to Tools, Accounts, select that account, Properties, Servers. Enable the "My server requires authentication" option. If you continue to get an error message when you try to send, right-click on your error message, copy, then paste it into a reply here. We can't do much troubleshooting without the complete error message. Gary ...

Email Accounts
Is there a way to set Outlook 2k3 to use an Exchange server for one email address and an external(my ISP) for another email address? I can receive but not send. Here is what I get if I try to send and email from the external account Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: test Sent: 6/20/2006 3:13 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: Lname, Jay on 6/20/2006 3:13 PM 553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1) In news:EFAA5332-17D1-4376-9630-95EDA4AE3609@microsoft.com, ve...

Operation failed when sending emails
Hi, Our company is getting issues where intermintantly, when people try to send emails with attachments they get an operation failed. To solve this they have to delete the attachment and readd it and try again. It happens to a number of the company employees on a regular basis. The client is Outlook 2000 sp2. We are running Exchange 5.5 sp4. and the operating systems are 2000. Please help with any suggestions. Thanks Damon Hi Damon, please read this http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;218207 -- Ich habe nichts gemacht, gestern gings noch! Bitte in den Newsgroup ...

Adding a background to an Outlook email...
I have had a request from one of our users. They want to know if it is possible to add a background to an email message they want to send to everyone in the company. The background they want to add happens to be a ..bmp file created with Paint. Is this possible? Thanks, Brad ...

Internal messages bouncing after server\domain migration
Greetings, Any message created under the old domain bounces on reply because Exchange is trying to use the old AD info to route the message. Is there a way to safely change this? This will be a non-issue after all the old threads are exhausted, but it is a pain to have to readdress everything instead of just hitting reply. And help would be grealty appreciated - Thanks ...

Backup of emails, business contact manager and contacts
What is the best way to back up everything i do. I use Business Contact Manager and email to do just about everything. I need a quick but comprehensive way to back up all of outlook. Aloha fred, Without info about your OS, Outlook version and such there isn't much we can do to be specific. See if this helps: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm. -Ben- Ben M. Schorr - MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenotefaq.htm > What is the best way to back up everything i do. I use Business > Contact Manager ...

new message in OWA missing body of email
Hello, When I use OWA and click on a new message the new window opens up ok to do a new email. The body of the email is missing though, instead of the white area there is just a red cross in the upper left corner. When I do this on a different computer (a server) though the white area is there. I suppose this is a common problem but hard to look up with the right key words. On Feb 24, 2:33 pm, "Greg O" <grego...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello, > When I use OWA and click on a new message the new window opens up ok > to do a new email. The body of the email is missing t...

Need to share contacts but do not use Exchange for email
Good day all: I have a client who just installed SBS 2003. They have about 6 or so PCs connecting to the domain and no one in the office has email on their computer. They do however want to share a contact list using Outlook which is installed on all machines with Office 2002.. To be honest I am not an Exchange admin, have not played much with Echange since 5.5. Can someone let me know what needs to be done, on both the server and the clients, so that each computer can use Outlook to view a common contact list even though they will not use Exchange for any email, or if that is even possib...

can't make an email account the default
I have email accounts. Outlook does allow me to make one of tem the default account. What can I do? Go to Tools > Email accounts > View or change existing Email accounts. Select the one you want and hit "Set as Default" then finish. You might have to restart outlook for it to take effect. >-----Original Message----- >I have email accounts. Outlook does allow me to make one >of tem the default account. What can I do? >. > What version of Outlook are you using, and if 98 or 2000, what mail support mode? If you're not sure, look at the second li...

publisher documents don't print out form emails.
I sent a publisher document as an e-mail to my customers. They can't print out the whole publication from the email. It only prints out the first page - the 2nd page is blank. I know ist must be somehting in my settings. Can anyone advise? "Jerry" <Jerry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3CA5E161-4E75-4496-A53C-3FB30258E46B@microsoft.com... > I sent a publisher document as an e-mail to my customers. They can't print > out the whole publication from the email. It only prints out the first page - > the 2nd page is blank. > > I know ist m...

Email can't send messages, but still receives them
Hi. This issue spontaneously started last night. Around 11PM, I was able to send an email just fine, but then around 11:15PM I received the following message: Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Subject 'pics', Account: 'pop3.live.com', Server: 'smtp.live.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): Yes, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F Since then, the email has been sitting in my Outbox. I've tried restarting Windows Mail and hitting S...

What is a good anti virus for email which has low server hard disk overheads?
We have been using Trend Scanmail for about a year. Despite the fact that it was recommended to us, I have found it to be unsatisfactory. Firstly, it seems to hammer the disks - never a plus on Exchange where the hard disks are already over taxed; and secondly the (outsourced) support -which we have to pay a substantial addtional cost for- is frankly pathetic. It is up for renewal and I would like to replace it if there is something more appropriate. We already have a pretty tight system - email is scanned by Message Labs before it even reaches us, and then goes through Mailsweeper in our DMZ...

Uncompacting/Accessing Outlook Express Email
Before restoring my hard drive I compacted all my email folders thinking I was saving them. Now I have the files but cannot access them via Outlook Express. Any ideas I've tried everything. Should I have exported them? Too late? Thanks!!!!!!!! Compacted them in a zip-file? Uncompress them again and make sure the "Read Only" propery isn't checked. Then configure it with OE again. Note that this is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://commu...

Confused about Outlook deleting my emails
Long story short, old computer went down a week ago. Got new one and am using my Office 2003 software for the time being. I am now using Outlook for the first time in many years (for some reason Earthlink Total Access doesn't work with Vista systems) and was going thru all the emails I had stored to determine where to premanently store them on the new system. These were all listed in Outlook when I left for work 6 hrs ago. Now all emails prior to last Sunday are missing from the Inbox - over 400 - are suddenly not there. The far right column shows the word None in it for all the...