Instruction for address book does not tell me where to go. Word o.

I am trying to create an address book in outlook. The instructions are tools
menu, click envelopes and Labels.On envelopes tab clieck address book Icon.
In the Select name dialog box click th select Personal Address Book in Show
Names from the box.  Do I do this in word. Where do I find the address book
icon.
I am using Microsoft Office Professional.
0
Dummy (13)

First of all, what version of Outlook??

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Address Book Dummy
asked:

| I am trying to create an address book in outlook. The instructions
| are tools menu, click envelopes and Labels.On envelopes tab clieck
| address book Icon. In the Select name dialog box click th select
| Personal Address Book in Show Names from the box.  Do I do this in
| word. Where do I find the address book icon.
| I am using Microsoft Office Professional.

0
MillyS9060 (3207)

Excel /vba / computer IP address
I need urgent help. How can I protect an excel file to a specific computer using VBA? (A excel file that can only be open or used in a specific computer) I was thinking in using the computer IP address, does somebody knows how can I get the computer IP, using visual basic in a excel worksheet? I would really appreciate you help Thanks (My email fcarvalho@portugalmail.com) -- jolipe ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jolipe's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24024 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.c...

I have to find the sender's email address
I have to find the sender's email address. But oMsg.SenderName -- > Sender Name returns the name. How can I find the email address? Thanks. oMsg.SenderEmailAddress -- Remember, the object browser (F2 in VBA) is your friend. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=54 "win" <wintelreport@gmail.com> wrote in message news:5992e67c-6655-4638-bf58-6ca1d60a52a4@21g2000yqj.googlegroups.com... >I have to find the sen...

Outlook 2003 Global Address List
Hi, I have a couple of issues with the Outlook 2003 Global Address List: Firstly, the list appears not to be 'Global' as it appears to be different on some PCs to that listed in Exchange 2003 on the server. It may or may not be part of the same problem, but there doesn't seem to be any roll-out of changes either. Secondly, I've managed to add one new user to an 'all users' mailgroup, but unlike previous occasions, I haven't been able to add this user to the Exchange 2003 Address List. Please help! Thankyou very much. Keith Is Outlook 2003 configured for ...

Permissions in AD for ADD/Change/Modify smtp proxy addresses
I have an Accounts Operator group that no longer can add or modify the SMTP Proxy email addresses in user properties. Don't know what happen, but could someone please tell me what specific permissions I need to give them to be able to add/change these addresses in user properties?? Thanks, Dana ...

QUICK WORD on Exchange 2003 Consolidation
We have 8 Exchange 5.5 and 23 at another subsidiary - all across the world. Asides from reading the hundreds of pages on the consolidation to Exchange 2003 - CAN someone please just highlights some of the things 2003 brings to the table - technology wise the enables us to consolidate? I would hate to migrate to Scalix (not cause of platform - just cause it is untested and unnown). Thanks. MK: Exchange 2000/2003 bring a lot to the table for an Exchange shop. Basically, it adds the capability to host more accounts per server. Instead of being locked in to a single mailbox store p...

Elimating original senders email address when forwarding email
When Using outlook XP is there an option to ensure when forwarding an email it does not send the original senders email address? Wnhe forwarding a message I want everything except the original senders email address to be sent to the person I am forwarding the email to. Any help would be appreciated ...

How do I copy an Excel chart with added text boxes into Word or P.
I have created a chart in Excel and added a number of text boxes on top of the chart. I need to paste the entire chart & text boxes into Word and/or Powerpoint; however by selecting the chart and copying, the text boxes are excluded. MS help suggests entering the text boxes outside the chart then moving them into the chart and grouping the chart and text boxes; however there does not seem to be the ability to group the chart with the text boxes. If you had clicked on the chart before making the textboxes, all the items would have been grouped. But you can do it later: Hold down SHI...

OL2003 Signature Advanced Edit
I just installed Outlook 2003 on a new laptop (I've been using it on a previous laptop without this problem). I have Word 2003 selected in Outlook to edit my email messages (in the Tools:Options:Mail Format menu). When I attempt to create a new email signature using the Advanced Edit option (to open Word as the editor), Word Pad is launched instead of Word. I have searched all the menus, the Knowledge Base and archives here, scratched my head 'til I'm nearly bald... I can't come up with a solution. I've always had Word launch with the press of that button before. And ...

Hiding Personal Employee Information in Address Book
First off the environment is Exchange 2003 SP1 with Active Directory 2003. Basically... our HR department was granted limited access to AD to fill in user information (Home address, telephone, etc...) and I then modified the default user ACL so that any member of "Group X" in AD was denied access to seeing the above personal information. This worked on the Global Address List as well.... But now there's a problem. We've been setting up users in Cached Mode, and those users are able to see everything. I believe this has to do with the fact that Exchange is generating t...

messages go to outlook exp instead of outlook
my two coworkers have switched from Outlook Exp to Outlook but all their received emails end up in their Outlook Exp program. i have Outlook as the default mail program and still it does not receive the sent mail. Using XP OS and XP Office. any ideas as to what needs to be configured differently? thanks! k holmes <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > my two coworkers have switched from Outlook Exp to > Outlook but all their received emails end up in their > Outlook Exp program. Have them remove the mail account from Outlook Express. -- Brian Tillman ...

Changing Source excel file causes links in word to fail
I've got a Word document with about 600 links to an excel spreadsheet. Updating the links works fine until the source excel file is changed thenword changes some portion of the links from Unformatted Text to a spreadsheet cell. Changing the links manually or with a macro there are some observed changes in the links. The cells that change are changed from Automatic to Manual and this happens to all of the cells on a single Excel row. There's nothing wrong with the data and the spreadsheet formats are identical. When I go back to the original settings I can change the ...

where do you go in MSFT to do an office diagram,
how do I do this kind of diagram, with internal office layout, etc. johnplanner wrote: > how do I do this kind of diagram, with internal office layout, etc. I don't know much about Microsoft's internal corporate structure, so I don't know where inside MSFT you would go to have an office diagram created. If you mean which Microsoft product to use, then Visio is probably your best bet, although even that isn't really the right product for the job. Microsoft doesn't create any building design/architecture products. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed...

Remove Email address header
I have late versions of MS Office at home and at work. The I.T. dept. at work regularly updates versions and works in the background to keep us functional and up to date. I email spreadsheets back and forth from home to work. Recently when opening a spreadsheet at work that had been created at home, a large email addressing header appeared at the top of the sheet. It takes up about 1/3 of the window. After being unable to see a control to remove it, I spent about 10 minutes searching through the help files looking for a way to get rid of it and get back to the original Excel configuration...

how do i set an auto date function in excel or word?
I would like all documnts in both word and excel to automatically date as the document or report is prepared. =NOW() "hpkcommish" wrote: > I would like all documnts in both word and excel to automatically date as the > document or report is prepared. for excell Go to View> Header & footer >custom header footer then click on the clock pic & the date pic (choose 1st if you want it in the left middle or right feild) For word basically the same Cheers peterm "hpkcommish" wrote: > I would like all documnts in both word and excel to automatica...

address book importing from hotmail
Is it possible to import my Hot mail address book into my Outlook 2002 mail client and if so how would that be acomplished? ...

Global Address List Missing (Sometimes)
Ok, I am going to try and be as detailed as possible, but this is my second day on the job here. Windows 2003 SP1 and Exchange 2003 SP2, both are updated. The server is on site with the DC. Primary is a Win2k server and the backup is a Win2k3 server. The problem is that when clients are using Outlook 2003 or 2000, sometimes the GAL will not appear, resulting in them not being able to send internal corporate emails, unless of course they type out the full email address. But the problem seems to fluctuate, sometimes the GAL is listed and other times it is not, even within the same Outlo...

Error message on starting word
on starting up word I get the following message: "Some macros in this template will not run properly in this version of Word. Please contact your administrator or the macro vendor for an updated version of the template." Does any one have any ideas about what is causing this or even better how to fix it. You probably have installed an add-in for an earlier Word version that is incompatible with your current version. See http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm then http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/ProblemsStartingWord.htm or http://support.microso...

bullets in Word 2007
I am making a style in Word 2007. It has bullets. When I press ENTER twice, I want to go back to the Normal style. Instead I stay in my style but with the bullet gone. Is there any way I can get back to Normal, using ENTER, ENTER? The easiest way to reapply the Normal style after a numbered list would be to just press Ctrl+Shift+N. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Maria" <ma@lexiconsult.se> wrote in message news:d0826bb6-060f-4038-8bb1-14291881cc90@s12g2000yqj.googlegroups.com... >I am making a style in Word 2007. It has bullets. When I press ENTER...

Word randomly changing my figures and tables captions
I'm trying to format a large document, with over 150 tables and figures in it. I've used captions to label them all, but I'm now finding that Word is randomly changing some that I have specified as 'table' to 'figure' and vice versa. This particularly seems to be happening with tables and figures that appear on the same page, but is not restricted to these instances. As soon as I change one caption back to the correct type, the one below will change itself to the wrong type again! I need the captions to remain as I've entered them for my table of f...

User Defined fields should be accessible from shipping address
The current relationship does not allow for the customer to use the user defined fields from the ship to address. The reason for GP not pulling the information for the shipping address in the Customer Address Master File (RM00102) is because it is already pulling the information in the Sales Transaction Work tables (SOP10100). Unlike the billing information, the shipping address can already be seen in the SOP10100 table and this is why the table relationship between the RM00102 and SOP10100 tables is based on the Bill to Address. There should be an additional relationship so you can p...

Where did my highlight feature go?
I updated to Office 2003 (student/teacher) editon and noticed that my highlighter icon is missing. I have it checked off in tools, options, highlight but still it will not appear. It does appear however if I open Word, but not in Outlook. Any suggestions? Thanks Gisele Set Word as your e-mail editor in Tools-> Options-> tab Mail Format -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Gisele" <Gisele@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mess...

Pasting excel into word
I am pasting excel spreadsheet items into word and all of a sudden it is pasting the grid lines...I do not want the grid lines to show...I have been doing this the same way for years...copy/paste special/picture and never had this problem....help...presentation has to be done tonight Hi, Make sure the gridlines aren't visible in Excel. Note: You'll get a better resolution image if you paste the data in the Excel workbook format. -- Cheers macropod [Microsoft MVP - Word] "Help..." <Help...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8B72F66...

Address Book 6.00... missing contacts
Hi, In an attempt to fix a slow booting profile, I changed my users name and copied all his Documents and Settings folders. Everything is running fine except that now his Address Book doesn't contain any of his contacts. Can anyone tell me where to look for that data? To my knowledge, I have not deleted any files so it should still be somewhere. A search for *.wab returns nothing. Thanks for any advice! b This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: ...

Global Address List Members in Excel Spreadsheet
Is there a way for me to transfer the members of a global address list to an Excel spreadsheet? Thanks! Indirectly check out http://www.slipstick.com/exs/portagal.htm for a method "Wendy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0c4201c3daa3$e8b36060$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way for me to transfer the members of a global > address list to an Excel spreadsheet? Thanks! ...

FRx Book Code/Attribute Category
In the Column Headings should be able to use a code that picks up the Book Code so one knows what Budget ID the column refers to. This is because it is hardcoded into the report and someone may have changed in Designer and another user may be unaware that the Budget info displayed relates to a prior year etc. Or another alternative would be to specify the Budget ID at run time. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If ...