Inserting Pics in Outlook XP

Hi,

How do you insert a picture right in the Outlook XP message rather than as
an attachment. When I try to paste a picture in a message, Outlook
automatically makes it an attachment. I'm using HTML format and am not using
Word within Outlook.

Thanks In Advance
--
Abb N

0
abbnaklie (4)

try insert, picture menu.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

http://www.poremsky.com - http://www.cdolive.com
Expert Zone http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone

"AbbN" <abbnaklie@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> How do you insert a picture right in the Outlook XP message rather than as
> an attachment. When I try to paste a picture in a message, Outlook
> automatically makes it an attachment. I'm using HTML format and am not
using
> Word within Outlook.
>
> Thanks In Advance
> --
> Abb N

0
dianenws (1904)
10/18/2003 10:32:49 PM
Hi,

It Worked!!! I was trying to paste in a pic into my email  thinking that
would work rather than inserting the file but it didn't. Your method worked
very well!
--
Thank you very much :)

Take Care
Abb N

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <dianenws@poremsky.com> wrote in message
> try insert, picture menu.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>
> http://www.poremsky.com - http://www.cdolive.com
> Expert Zone http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
>
> Search for answers: http://groups.google.com
> Most recent posts to the Outlook newsgroups:

> "AbbN" <abbnaklie@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > How do you insert a picture right in the Outlook XP message rather than
as
> > an attachment. When I try to paste a picture in a message, Outlook
> > automatically makes it an attachment. I'm using HTML format and am not
> using
> > Word within Outlook.
> >
> > Thanks In Advance
> > --
> > Abb N

0
abbnaklie (4)

Appending Excel data into an Access table while inserting the file name
I have a loop in an Access 2003 database that appends records from multiple Excel files within a given directory. The name of each Excel file cycles through one variable (ImpFileName) as its records are imported, but I also need to add the Excel file name to each record. I wanted to assign the value of ImpFileName to the DefaultValue property of the FileName field in the table as part of the DoWhile loop, but something is wrong with my syntax. My code is below, but only works if I comment out the line that assigns the DefaultValue property. Any help would be much appreciated! Dim tdf...

don't insert quotes in excel save as tab-delim txt
I wish to export from an excel spreadsheet file to a tab-delimited text file - WITH NO QUOTES around any of the entries. They are not necessary, because tabs - not commas are the delimiters. I was quite disappointed that from changing to the older version of excel, which had a configurable export function, where I could specify "no quotes please" to excel 2000, I cannot specify this. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the...

outlook 2007 calendar week view
Hi, I am using mostly the calendar in week view, settings 1 week mo-su workday 8am till 10 pm, time scale 60 min which (almost) gives me a full view of my week. Although I like the improvements to outlook, what unbelievably irrates me is the fact that when move back and forth to this view it always shows (scrolls) to 2am as a starting time (I am not a morning person, and I will in 99.99999% of the cases have nothing going on before 7am so all what comes earlier is completely useless to me. Is there anyway to changes this so I can see all till midnight (I do stuff late evening) without...

configuring outlook for exchange server 2--3
When adding an exchange server to outlook, outlook cannot contact the exchange server by dns name or by ip address, yet from the command prompt the pc can ping the ip address and and resolve the dns name of the exchange server. The error message says that outlook could not resolve the address. Have tried reinstalling outlook 2003, no difference. This is not common to all PCs, which are all 2k sp4. It is not a mailbox problem! Any ideas?? You've established that it is not the server so it must be the client. Any AV with port blocking rules? This would explain the ping and name ...

Outlook Checking Forcing sequential check of multiple pop accounts
I've been bouncing back and forth between outlook and outlook express for quite a while now and I'd use outlook primarily except I'm getting frustrated with how it handles send/receive for multiple POP accounts. If I perform a general send and receive, even after semi limiting the accounts through groups, the downloading of messages takes a long time. I often run into problems where my connection to one of my servers is reset and the ever dreaded problem of duplicate messages. If I do a send/receive on a mailbox by mailbox basis, the downloads are quick and I never seem to run in...

IMAP in Outlook
Hi all! I have just changed from Windows Mail (OE) to Outlook 2003. It works fine for me, because I want to use the calender and contacts so that I can synchronize them with my mobile phone. The only problem is... E-mail. I am using an IMAP-server, which worked fine in Windows Mail and OE. I could set a 'base folder' (INBOX) so that my sent items folder really was the sent items folder, the bin really the bin etc. In Outlook I see no such option. Also, SPAM control doesn't work for IMAP folders in Outlook, while it _did_ in Windows Mail (do I need an Office upgrade? Hope n...

Is it possible to enlarge fonts in Outlook 2003 Navigation Pane?
Hello, I have a user with a visual disability and she needs big fonts. Recently, she has said her navigation pane has gone back to the default font settings and she needs them to be large again. Note: she wants to change only her Outlook view; she is resisting going to the display settings and using large fonts there. I need to know if this is possible to do, without making everything in her windows setup large. I don't see an option to attach a screen shot, so here is a link to show what area I'm talking about. <a href="http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4019/44408...

Outlook continues to run in the background after exiting program
Hello all, I am having a problem with Outlook XP on my home computer. I am running Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 1 and all security and critical updates installed on this machine. Recently, I have noticed that Outlook continues to check for e-mail or bring up event alerts even after I have exited the program using the Exit option in the File menu. When I bring up the Task Manager and check the running processes, I find OUTLOOK.EXE still running in the background. I then force the program to quit to stop Outlook from checking for new e-mails or bringing up event alert...

Cannot Direct Email via Mail Merge from the Outlook Client
Has anyone had a problem where the Organization Setting of Direct Email = 'Yes' and the Bulk Email service is running, but the Outlook Client still throws the popup warning that Direct Mail is turned off? Does something else need to be set? ...

Exch 5.5 - Outlook
We have had an Exchange 5.5 server running for years as a POP3 Server, and are trying to upgrade everyone to Outlook to take full advantage of Exchange functionality. After I switch my profile to Exchange instead of POP3, and connect, I can send and receive email internally fine. I can also receive email externally fine. However, if I try to send an email to outside, the second the message is sent, I get an Undeliverable message. The message reads: Your message To: 'support@glibix.com' Subject: Web Site Backup Sent: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 13:50:39 -0400 did not rea...

converting a web page in MS Publisher 2002 to Outlook Stationary
Hi I have been trying to convert a web page which I have created in MS Publisher 2002 and saved as a web page to MS Outlook as stationary. However, for some reason when I create the stationary in Outlook it does not reproduce exactly as how I created it in MS Publisher. The Logo & and picture I created in Publisher does not reproduce when I try call up the stationary I created using this template. Does anyone have any answers. Thanks. Bill ...

Calendar changes in Outlook 2003 not showing up following mailbox move
We have recently migrated some of our users from our native Exchange 2000 Server over to Exchange 2003. All clients are using Outlook 2003. Previously, the admin would keep the calendars of her two managers open within her own calendar pane, and new meeting agendas that she sent would appear immediately as "tenative" on the calendars of her two managers. However, after migrating her and her managers to the new Exchange 2003 server, her managers' calendar isn't being updated automatically nor immediately. (if at all). If she sets meeting agendas for users still on the olde...

"Settings" and KB unavailable when Outlook is running (CRM 3.0)
Does anyone else find it rather ridiculous that the options available in the CRM 3.0 web client completely change when Outlook is running? Evidently this is "by design" but was a very poor design choice in my opinion. Users like to have a consistent experience, and when options start disappearing it confuses people. It also makes it very difficult to build a Knowledge Base and set up users, considering most people will probably be copying and pasting text from email messages to build the KB. The way it's set up now, you would have to find the email message you want, co...

How do I delete or hide folders in my Outlook folder list?
I just upgraded from Microsoft Office 2000 Professional to 2007 Professional. I don't use all the bells and whistles provided by Outlook Express. I want to clean up my folder list by hiding many of them. When I go through some of the drop-down menus, I see clicks for deleting some of the folders, but they are "grayed" and will not respond to a click. Can anyone help me? Joan 72438 wrote: > I just upgraded from Microsoft Office 2000 Professional to 2007 Professional. > I don't use all the bells and whistles provided by Outlook Express. I want > to clean u...

Can I Customize Outlook 2003 Map Link?
In the Outlook 2003 contact form, the "map link" button attempts to display the location of the contact based on the address information. This feature used to work well, but lately it is extremely slow and often doesn't produce results. I would prefer to use Google Maps. Is there a registry entry I can use to accomplish this? The page http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/displaymap.htm describes how to do this for earlier Outlook versions but this appears to break Outlook 2003. Do I have a workable option? AFAIK, you cannot customize it. it's reportedly broken for older v...

can't download my msn hotmail on outlook express
Hi Iam a user of MSxp and want to know why Outlook express doesn't let me get my hotmail e-mail, it just stays checking for new messages from hotmail and that's it for the rest of the night. This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.publi...

Outlook #208
When I open Outlook, my cursor turns into an hourglass and the program does not open. I've followed the instructions in a couple of support documents for this issue, but I cannot find the entries in the registry that the documents discuss. Any help is appreciated. Thank you. ...

Moving or copying folders in Outlook
When I try to copy a folder between two accounts in Outlook, I get a message saying it can't be done as there may be private messages. I never got this message in 2003. Is this a security feature of 2007? How can I get around it? ...

Outlook 2007: Ctrl+Backspace spits out squares rather than deletes words
I noticed this in the beta release but shrugged it off as a beta bug. I see now that I should have reported it as a bug because it seems to have been rolled out in the RTM release. I have gotten into the habit of hitting Ctrl+Backspace to undo entire words of recently typed text. This is a great time saver. Unfortunately, in Outlook 2007, I am seeing the e-mail editor spit out squares (i.e. valueless Unicode character blocks). It's erratic; I can hold Ctrl down and keep hitting Backspace and it might create two squares, maybe five squares, maybe one, before it will finally "ca...

Outlook Professional XP
I had to reload office xp due to my HD going out of business. Now whenever I open and email, ms word is set to be the email editor, the type on the print is so small when I view it. I cannot find a way to mak it so default open mail is at a, let's say 125% view like I can in word. Help boldie11@hotmail.com ...

Outlook '03/IE 6.0 Hyperlinks do not work
** Please note that I did post this same question 2 days ago in the General Questions Board and have not received a reply - thought I may try, here, to see if anyone has any input. Thank you. ** Hello - I have Outlook 2003 (SP 1) and Internet Explorer 6.0 (SP 2). I have updates automatically, but, have also gone in to check for any updates and I do not need any. When I click a link in "O.L." (Outlook), the screen goes white, the title bar is still at the top of my page - however, I now see the title of the email PLUS Not Responding. I have to do the 3-finger to get ou...

Photos don't appear after insertion into Publisher document
I can see the selection handles but the photo itself is not visible. It does not show up in print preview mode either. Thanks in advance. View, pictures, detailed display. If this doesn't do it, try it in safe mode, if it works then it is possible your video driver needs upgrading. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Robert" <Robert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:76E6FDA8-EB3B-45BA-B494-129B02E44257@microsoft.com... >I can see the selection handles but the photo itself is not visi...

News in Go-Menu in Outlook 2003
News has disappeared from the Go-menu in Outlook 2003 and I cannot restore it becuause the command is no longer available in the Customize - Commands menu. Any help would be much appreciated. AA Make sure Outlook Express is set as the default newsreader in Control Panel-> Internet Options-> tab Programs For additional solutions see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/news.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Navigation Pane Tips & Tricks -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Anthony Allport" <an...

My inbox messages automatically delete when I close outlook. Why?
Lately when I close outlook all my messages are automatically deleted. I cannot see that they have been moved. And they do not go to the deleted folder. They just seem to disappear. Is there a setting that may have accidentally been set to make this happen? Are you using a Hide read view? look on the View menu to select a different view. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-reque...

Outlook 2000 can't send mail over Exchange 5.0 if OS is XP Pro
Hi, maybe you guys heard about this problem and could give me a hint: Windows 2000 Server (SP3) with Exchange 5.0 (SP3) XP Pro (SP1) or Windows 2000 Pro with Outlook 2000 Clients. I can send mails from the Windows 2000 Pro clients, but with the "same" setup I can't on the XP Pro clients. I get two errormails back, which say that there is a network error. But the network is ok (can ping and get the server shares), I even can receive mails. I assume it is a authentication problem, but I don't know anymore where to look at. Please help. TIA Alex ...