Insert Hyperlink

Hi Folk

Has anybody come accross one like this
When inserting a hyperlink into the body of a new mail message of HTML format......nothing happens.  The link does not appear.  This was working last week.
0
anonymous (74722)

Some more info would be nice. Outlook version, Word as e-mail editor. Make
sure you first select text to create the hyperlink on.

--
Roady [MVP]
www.sparnaaij.net
"TomF" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Folks
>
> Has anybody come accross one like this.
> When inserting a hyperlink into the body of a new mail message of HTML
> format......nothing happens.  The link does not appear.  This was working
> last week.

0
Roady
2/19/2004 1:57:51 PM
Sorry Folk

Outlook 2000 SP-3,  HTML  ...Word not used as editor.  Hyperlinks of any kind wont appear OS is W2K.  It's only happenning on one PC.  I have re-installed office as a fix but this is no good

     ----- Roady [MVP] wrote: ----

     Some more info would be nice. Outlook version, Word as e-mail editor. Make
     sure you first select text to create the hyperlink on

     --
     Roady [MVP
     www.sparnaaij.ne
     Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related New
     Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more..
     Tip of the month
     -Create your own fully customized Toolba
     Subscribe to the newsletter to receive news and tips & tricks in you
     mailbox
     www.sparnaaij.ne
     (I changed my reply address; remove all CAPS and _underscores_ from th
     address when mailing
     ----
     "TomF" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
     > Hi Folk
     >> Has anybody come accross one like this
     > When inserting a hyperlink into the body of a new mail message of HTML
     > format......nothing happens.  The link does not appear.  This was working
     > last week.

0
anonymous (74722)

Insert GIF animated to RichEdit control....Could You Help Me Please
I have a problem on inserting a GIF to richedit, the problem is not viewing it, but it is playing it at richedit. I have a class that can play GIF animation, and I have converted it to an activeX, if I could pass this object to richedit control, and there I call its method so it can animated, do you have any suggestions on this. I wonder how MSN 6.0 plays EmotIcons. if you have other solutions, please help me on it. ...

Insert Word document into email body message
Would like to know if someone knows of a vba code whereby I can insert a Word document into to body of new message while still retaining all the Word document formatting code? ...

Insert a custom function in a cell by runnig a sub or through a macro.
I have a function named mysub and with parameters that has to be supplied to the function. I want that when the cell where the function is to be inserted, the user can type the arguments of the function sub after they have run the sub. Lets say, that after the sub is run, they get =mysub(..) with the cursor in between the parenthesis and so that they can move with typing of the arguments/parameter of the function. So, in summary, the advantage is that, the user should not type =mysub through the keyboard or they donot even need to remember that provied that there are large numbe...

Hyperlink to file. Input/Output processing error Reported
I have a speadsheet with hyperlink pointers to relative files,. Entries and links set up before today all work fine. New ones added today report an input/output processing error. What is going on? I assume this is very obvious, but I just can't figure it out. Paul Hi Paul, Not obvious to me either what are relative files and please provide examples of what you have, what you want, what you did and what you see instead. --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http:...

email hyperlinks and network paths that dont work correctly
I have an hypertext application on a server in my network and it works fine when people start it from windows explorer, start-run, and internet explorer. But, if I email someone the path to the file and they click that path in the email, the app does not open correctly and appears to lose all of its location reference. For instance, graphics and scripts in the same relative path are no longer available to the webpage. What gives with this? I cant eve email folks the path and prevent outlook from converting it to a hyperlink for them. Very annoying! Please help! ...

Hyperlink dialog box contains limited features
I would like to provide hyperlinks to items in my spreadsheet but have them open in a different window. Excel 2003 does not offer a "target window" option in the dialog box such as the one offered in FrontPage. Is there a way around this problem so I can veiw the hyperlink without leaving my worksheet? Thanks in advance for your help. ...

Why does Publisher close when I try to insert a picture?
When I try to insert a picture in a Publisher newsletter, it immediately closes out Publisher and I have to open it again. The picture selection are doesn't stay up on the screen more than a second. What is wrong? Minnesota Grandma wrote: > When I try to insert a picture in a Publisher newsletter, > it immediately closes out Publisher and I have to open it > again. The picture selection are doesn't stay up on the > screen more than a second. What is wrong? ==================================== What version of Publisher? What version of Windows? And...are we discuss...

Why is "Symbol" on the Insert menu not active?
"Symbol" is not enabled and cannot be selected. How do I remedy this? Have you selected the text box prior to attempting to insert the symbol? The symbol will remain grayed out until the text box is selected. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "HDavies" <HDavies@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:228DB9EC-DFBA-4EF4-A683-0DE5A60A54B3@microsoft.com... > "Symbol" is not enabled and cannot be selected. How do I remedy...

add personal template to the insert worksheet dialog box
In Excel when you right click on the sheet tab and select 'Insert' the Insert dialog box opens. Clicking the second tab 'SpreadSheet Solutions' offers multiple templates to insert as a new tab. How do I add my own template to this list so that when I follow the steps I am inserting a template I created. Create the template then store it in this folder. C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Templates\1033 which is the Spreadsheet Solutions folder. Or in General Folder C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates Gord Dibben MS Exc...

Create hyperlinks using VLOOKUP?
I would like to enter a model number(CM3636a) in A1. When entered, is there a way to lookup in a table and create a hyperlink automatically? I have hundreds of model numbers which I want to associate a diagram(jpg). I only want to do this once, then everytime the same model number is entered, a link is created to that diagram. Can anyone think of any ingenious ideas on how to achieve something like this? Joe Hi if you have the name of a file in column b try something like =HYPERLINK("C:\temp\" & VLOOKUP(A1,'lookuptable'!A1:B100,2,0) & ".jpg") -- Regards...

Insert Column 2007
aHello I have recently installed Access 2007. When I'm in the Design View of any query the icon to Insert Column is greyed out and unavailable. I have closed the query, the datebase and restarted the PC, Access and checked different queries, different databases and the problem persists. Any ideas? Judith Try to mark a column & Hit Insert Pieter "JudithJubilee" <JudithJubilee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7A44F079-25D2-4B1A-9AD2-89F76BEDCD30@microsoft.com... > aHello > > I have recently installed Access 2007. When I'm in the Desi...

Presenter View and Hyperlinks
I have hyperlinks to program files in a high school math class but they will not work in presenter view, where I can see my notes etc. I have tried using the second monitor as an extension of the computer monitor so that the editing view is on my computer and the slide is viewed on the second monitor. The hyperlink can be executed on the second monitor but the program opens on the computer monitor and isn't visible to the class. The only way I can find to view the program is when both are showing the slide. Is there a way which allows me to see my notes and the audience to see ...

mstsc from hyperlink
I have a sheet with several IP addresses on it and would like a hyperlink to open MSTSC to RDp to that particular IP address. The hyperlink I have now goes to C:\WINDOWS\system32\mstsc.exe But this just opens the mstsc prompt without an IP address. From the CMD promt I can type in C:\WINDOWS\system32\mstsc.exe v\1.1.1.1 and it will open the login box with the IP address already loaded. So my question is what is teh correct syntax to get the same result from the hyperlink? When I add the v\1.1.1.1 it gets an error "Cannot open specified file.. Thanks, Kevin Green ...

Excel Object Hyperlinking Failure Issue
Working with Excel 2003, I have a customer who can place a hyperlink onto a cell value, and be able to follow the hyperlink. However, when they attach a hyperlink to an object (Autoshape etc) the hyperlink hangs, and fails showing a never end hour glass. Any suggestions? Is this a property setting somewhere? ...

How do I hyperlink from Excel to a document held in Lotus Notes?
I'm a relatively new user of Excel. We have documents held in both MS-Word and on a Lotus Notes database. I'm wanting to hyperlink from Excel to a document held within a Lotus Notes database. Two questions, firstly, is this possible, secondly, how do you do it. Thanks a lot. ...

Inserting notes
Can someone tell me how to make bulk insert of notes related to accounts in database? Thanks, M You can use the Data Migration Framework facility within the CRM product or get a third party software like Scribe. Scribe works like a middleware and will allow you to connect it to sources like your website for a steady stream of information flowing through your organization. But is it possible to use Data Migration Framework to insert notes? I read DMF is intended only for initial data to migrate. If I run DMF on existing data, will it corrupt any of the existing data? Thanks, M "m...

automatic insertion of row
If I insert one row to a block of data in one sheet, how can this be automatically added to another sheet with the same block of data? Thanks Group the worksheets prior to inserting the row by selecting the first worksheet then hold down the Ctrl key while selecting other worksheets. -- Hope this helps. If it does, please click the Yes button. Thanks in advance for your feedback. Gary Brown "renegade" wrote: > If I insert one row to a block of data in one sheet, how can this be > automatically added to another sheet with the same block of data? Thanks ...

Cannot insert sheets into the destination workbook
Hi, We are having a problem with Excel which I could do with a solution if possible. The situation is this we write a bespoke application which sits on an IBM Universe database which we access using a program called SBClient, one of the feature of this is we are able to run queries against the database and have the output export in to Excel. The problem we are having at the moment is when we try to run this query we get a message in Excel saying: "The file you are trying to open 'SBCLIENT.XLS' is in a different format than specified by the file extension. Verify that the...

insert html page directly ?
Hi, How do I insert an html file directly into an outlook message so that the html appears when the user reads the message ? The following methods don't work: o Highlight the html code from browser and paste it into the message. This method fails because various styles from the html header don't get applied. o Use the "insert file" menu choice. This method fails because the html gets inserted as an attachment rather than in-line. What is a simple way to do it ? Thanks. ericosman@rcn.com 7/17/03 If you open the file in IE, can you use Send Page? Eric Osman...

publisher 2003 will not insert MS clipart #2
Error message - Publisher cannot insert this picture into the publication. The appropriate graphic converter is not available. For information on running Setup to install converters, press F1. "Pub 2003 will not insert MS cliipart" wrote: > Error message - Publisher cannot insert this picture into the publication. > The appropriate graphic converter is not available. For information on > running Setup to install converters, press F1. p.s. to this message, F1 provides no information and I already cleared cache in IE tools. Did not work. Clipart will not insert. &qu...

How can I insert a cell reference in a footer (eg for variable foo
Any ideas on how to do this? I'm trying to create a template with the doc reference number in the footer However, I'm trying to avoid users having to edit the footer (because this just wont get done). Hi only possible with VBA using an event procedure. e.g. put the following code in your workbook module for cell A1 Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) Dim wkSht As Worksheet For Each wkSht In Me.Worksheets With wkSht.PageSetup .CenterFooter = wksht.range("A1").value End With Next wkSht End Sub -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Ger...

Hyperlink
I am creating a Historic District Website for the City of Graham, and I was wondering how do you link something to the bottom of a website. For example, I have seen on various websites, where you can click on a word or point at the top of the page, and you are directed to the bottom of the website with a description of this point. How do I link this in Publisher. Michael Leinwan mleinwand@cityofgraham.co mleinwand@hotmail.co City of Graha Planning Departmen Inter 336-570-670 Hi Michael (mleinwand@hotmail.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || I am creating a Historic District Website fo...

Keeping a range constant when inserting rows
Hello, I'm trying to keep a range of cells constant within a function when I insert a row (e.g. average(a1:a6) becomes average(a1:a7) but I want it to keep the a1:a6 range). Even if I use absolute cell references ($a$1:$a$6), it doesn't help. I would greatly appreciate any ideas. Thanks, Jeff Jeff, In your formula, use: =AVERAGE(INDIRECT("A1:A6")) Absolute cell references (dollar signs) do one thing only: They keep any copies you make of the cell references from changing relatively as they're copied. They still change when the cells to which they refer are m...

broken hyperlinks
Hi Im sending emails to my clients wih a long hyperlink. It gets broken on to two lines ans it won't work. I checked google and it seems to be common...is there a fix on the sending or receiving end of these messages...thanks gus ...

email hyperlink corrupted.......
I created an emailable flyer into which I placed a hyperlinked, email address. My obvious intent is to have anybody receives this flyer, to be able to return inquiries simply by 'clicking on' the hyperlink. However, when I test the hyperlink, i.e., send my flyer via a converted PDF file the return email is addressed with my email address but preceded by the prefix 'mailto:' before the scripted email address. Consequently, when a prospect attempts to contact me via my attached email, they get a returned error message marked 'undeliverable'. What must I do while...