re: "Outlook2003, File-Insert-Options"
On making new-email with Attachment-File(s),
**
File Menu | Insert | File >>> (Brows and select File to insert )
 then we can see the button "Insert", and write side
 Drop Down Arrow lower-right side of Dialog Box;
If it clicked,
we can see three options as follows:
 **
    Insert
   Insert as text
   Insert as Attachment
I can not recognize/understand the difference
       between "Insert" and "Insert as Attachment"
***
What is the difference between Insert and Insert As Attachment ?

I would appreciate your help in Advance.

0
japan2001a (23)

No difference - Insert is the default setting. In a few cases with some file
types, Insert may insert the item as an object and you need to use the as
attachment option to insert an attachment.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Vote for your favorite Outlook and Exchange utilities in the
Slipstick Ratings Raffle at http://www.slipstick.com/contest/

"Oda Yujiro" <japan2001a@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> re: "Outlook2003, File-Insert-Options"
> On making new-email with Attachment-File(s),
> **
> File Menu | Insert | File >>> (Brows and select File to insert )
> then we can see the button "Insert", and write side
> Drop Down Arrow lower-right side of Dialog Box;
> If it clicked,
> we can see three options as follows:
> **
>    Insert
>   Insert as text
>   Insert as Attachment
> I can not recognize/understand the difference
>       between "Insert" and "Insert as Attachment"
> ***
> What is the difference between Insert and Insert As Attachment ?
>
> I would appreciate your help in Advance.

0
info2937 (567)
6/16/2004 7:52:40 PM
Thanks.
Would you kindly give me some example :
(What kinds of file types are to be inserted  as an object?)
 I tried to test; *.bmp, jpg, gif, xls, doc, .... in vain to find special
file-types.
  What a few cases they are!
*** If I understand/know special conditions, then I would not fall into trap.

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <info@cdolive.com> wrote in message
> No difference - Insert is the default setting.
>  In a few cases with some file
> types, Insert may insert the item as an object
  Would you kindly give me some example :
  what kinds of file types are to be inserted  as an object.
  ***  If I understand special conditions, then I will not fall into trap.**
> and you need to use the as  attachment option
>  to insert an attachment.
  Sure,  I would  use "Insert as Attachment " from now on.
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide)

> Vote for your favorite Outlook and Exchange utilities in the
> Slipstick Ratings Raffle at http://www.slipstick.com/contest/
>
> "Oda Yujiro" <japan2001a@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > re: "Outlook2003, File-Insert-Options"
> > On making new-email with Attachment-File(s),
> > **
> > File Menu | Insert | File >>> (Brows and select File to insert )
> > then we can see the button "Insert", and write side
> > Drop Down Arrow lower-right side of Dialog Box;
> > If it clicked,
> > we can see three options as follows:
> > **
> >    Insert
> >   Insert as text
> >   Insert as Attachment
> > I can not recognize/understand the difference
> >       between "Insert" and "Insert as Attachment"
> > ***
> > What is the difference between Insert and Insert As Attachment ?
> > I would appreciate your help in Advance.

0
japan2001a (23)
6/16/2004 10:01:06 PM
the vast majority will insert as attachments, 100% will if you use HTML and
plain text, so don't worry about it.

--

> Thanks.
> Would you kindly give me some example :
> (What kinds of file types are to be inserted  as an object?)
> I tried to test; *.bmp, jpg, gif, xls, doc, .... in vain to find special
> file-types.
>  What a few cases they are!
> *** If I understand/know special conditions, then I would not fall into
> trap.
>

> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <info@cdolive.com> wrote in message
>> No difference - Insert is the default setting.
>>  In a few cases with some file
>> types, Insert may insert the item as an object
>  Would you kindly give me some example :
>  what kinds of file types are to be inserted  as an object.
>  ***  If I understand special conditions, then I will not fall into
> trap.**
>> and you need to use the as  attachment option
>>  to insert an attachment.
>  Sure,  I would  use "Insert as Attachment " from now on.
>> --
>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>> Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide)
>> Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide)

>> Vote for your favorite Outlook and Exchange utilities in the
>> Slipstick Ratings Raffle at http://www.slipstick.com/contest/
>>
>> "Oda Yujiro" <japan2001a@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> > re: "Outlook2003, File-Insert-Options"
>> > On making new-email with Attachment-File(s),
>> > **
>> > File Menu | Insert | File >>> (Brows and select File to insert )
>> > then we can see the button "Insert", and write side
>> > Drop Down Arrow lower-right side of Dialog Box;
>> > If it clicked,
>> > we can see three options as follows:
>> > **
>> >    Insert
>> >   Insert as text
>> >   Insert as Attachment
>> > I can not recognize/understand the difference
>> >       between "Insert" and "Insert as Attachment"
>> > ***
>> > What is the difference between Insert and Insert As Attachment ?
>> > I would appreciate your help in Advance.

0
info2937 (567)
6/17/2004 12:15:40 AM
Hi! Diane,

Thanks again for your help!
(Of course, very quick & great response as well.)

Yujiro.