Insert a file path as a hyperlink

Is there a way to browse and select the file path and
insert it as a hyperlink like in Outlook 2000?
0
anonymous (74722)

Like, in what application?

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Brooke asked:

| Is there a way to browse and select the file path and
| insert it as a hyperlink like in Outlook 2000?

0
MillyS5166 (1132)
3/6/2004 2:44:50 AM
First, you have to select HTML from the Format menu. Then, type or paste
your address/file path, select the your address/file path you just typed and
select Hyperlink from the insert menu. You can actually select anything you
want and insert a hyperlink so that it triggers when clicked by the reader.
Typically done with addresses, but graphics/icons do well also.

Good Luck

"Brooke" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to browse and select the file path and
> insert it as a hyperlink like in Outlook 2000?

Also wanted to let you know that if you use copy/paste method, an existing
hyperlink can be pasted into a message while in either text or RTF and will
remain as a hyperlink. Simple hyperlinks can be typed IF they start with
www. Links such as sports.espn.go.com will NOT work if typed (but will if
pasted??) UNLESS you precede it with http:// . The 'Insert Hyperlink' option
is disabled in Text and RTF formats. Don't know why, but that's the way it
is.

Good Luck

"Down Home" <STOPSPAMima49er@pacbell.net> wrote in message
> First, you have to select HTML from the Format menu. Then, type or paste
> your address/file path, select the your address/file path you just typed
and
> select Hyperlink from the insert menu. You can actually select anything
you
> want and insert a hyperlink so that it triggers when clicked by the
reader.
> Typically done with addresses, but graphics/icons do well also.
>
> Good Luck
>
> "Brooke" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Is there a way to browse and select the file path and
> > insert it as a hyperlink like in Outlook 2000?

Distribution Files for MFC in VS .net 2003

Hyperlink via indirect cell reference

Money: Err Msg: Path Has Not Been Properly Set Up
please help.... Microsoft Money. The path is not properly set up in the registry or has been moved after running Money's Setup. Please re-install Money. Otherwise, Money may not be able to run properly. re-instal wont help deleting registry entry dasn.t help. windowx xp sp2 Ms Money 97 (v.5.0) .. Are you using an administrator account to run the software? -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://registe...

file cloning
I was wondering. How come it is possible to clone a file (using right click copy/paste file), but not possible to do this for other documents (apps and clip-art etc)?. Could it be possible to have an add-in in excel to prevent people from copying documents on their desktop?? -- shnim1 You can copy files that way (rightclick|copy, rightclick|paste). But most windows applications are no longer just simple .exe files (like back in the old DOS days). They usually have tons of other stuff that gets installed with them--and that stuff gets scattered all over your harddrive (windows folder, wi...

how to build the netsample ipconfig to the exe file?
C:\WINCE500\public\common\oak\drivers\netsamp\ipconfig\ipconfig.cpp i want to make ipconfig.exe. and i could found the sample code. but it source code builded to the lib file. in ipconfig sources files, TARGETNAME=ipconfig TARGETTYPE=LIBRARY SOURCES= \ $(TARGETNAME).cpp the project is .lib file. but the source code has a _tmain() funciton in the source. it's looks possible to compile to the exe file. how can it compile to the exe file? You can add the SYSGEN_NETUTILS and you will have the ipconfig.exe integrated to your OS. Search ipconfig in the cat...

outlook can't receive exe files

retrieving folders.old file

Excel 2000 vs. Excel 2002

Opening .prn files in XL2000

Import reg files into Registry, without UAC
Hi, I've got a .reg file to be imported silently in a batch. The file contains only entries in HKEY_CURRENT_USER, therefore can be imported without elevation. This works well with the regedit /s switch on limited accounts, however on admin accounts, elevation UAC prompt is still shown, even though it's not needed. How can I prevent this? Thanks, Jens Jens M�ller wrote: >Hi, > >I've got a .reg file to be imported silently in a batch. The file contains >only entries in HKEY_CURRENT_USER, therefore can be imported without >elevation. >...

Retreive a deleted file
How can I retreive a delted file Hi Janet If you have setup Excel to automatically create backup copies; then check that folder for the last backed-up version....If it is from your PC, check out the Recylcle Bin (on your desktop) and restore the file. If the file was on a network drive you may need to contact your network administrator and check whether they can recover. -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "Janet" wrote: > How can I retreive a delted file Go into your Recycle Bin. If deleted from there; http://www.ozgrid.com/Services/recover-deleted-files.htm ...

Log file
Where do i find my log files? On an NT based system: go to start, run, type eventvwr, then hit enter. There you'll see the application, system, and security logs. >-----Original Message----- >Where do i find my log files? >. > ...

Problem inserting cut range
I'm trying to cut a range then insert the cut range at a particular location. The code looks like this: Range("F5:G" & ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count).Cut Range("D5").Insert(xlShiftToRight) However, when it reaches this point, I get an error saying "Cut method of Range class failed". I've tried changing the destination range so that it reads similar to the origin range, but that didn't help. Can someone help me get the syntax on this line correct? I've got several similar lines further down in the code. If I can fix thi...

insert text to different pages and update
Is there a way to insert a text cell from one page put into another page and when the first page cell is updated the second page cell will also be updated. Using the = sign just displays the formula, not the text. :confused: Thanks Frank -- fwburkey ------------------------------------------------------------------------ fwburkey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30314 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=505331 Not clear what you are doing wrong. the formula should look lik =Sheet1!A1 Make sure there is noth...

Need to show file properties dialog box
Hello I need to show the shell's file properties dialog box. I tried converting old vb6 code into vb.net but it gives me error. Here's my code: Private Structure SHELLEXECUTEINFO Dim cbSize As Long Dim fMask As Long Dim hwnd As Long Dim lpVerb As String Dim lpFile As String Dim lpParameters As String Dim lpDirectory As String Dim nShow As Long Dim hInstApp As Long Dim lpIDList As Long Dim lpClass As String Dim hkeyClass As Long Dim dwHotKey As Long D...

how to read .MSG files without Outlook ?
How to read .MSG files without Outlook ? Do you know a good .msg viewer ? Thanks to everybody ... E. to the best of my knowledge, there isn;t a msg viewer. You need to use outlook or exchange messaging client. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ ...

Repair Corrupt Excel File
I have an excel 2003 workbook that will not open. The file is about 14MB. I have tried the repair utility within Excel but it still will not open. Anyone have any ideas? I have had success opening corrupt files with OpenOffice http://openoffice.org In article <CF4A5951-DCD9-4508-B995-FB7F6585BF78@microsoft.com>, "Dave" <Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have an excel 2003 workbook that will not open. The file is about 14MB. I > have tried the repair utility within Excel but it still will not open. > Anyone have any ideas? The Spreadsh...

How to delete stuck file from "All Junk e-mail" Box ?
How to delete stuck file from "All Junk e-mail" Box ? I'm using WLM on Win7. Thanks for any help. "Jdr" <omni@msn.net> wrote in message news:C2919371-6A82-4478-A411-8FEB13F66B41@microsoft.com... > How to delete stuck file from "All Junk e-mail" Box ? > I'm using WLM on Win7. Thanks for any help. try dragging it to the deleted folder. "c.d." <invalid@iglou.com> wrote in message news:es$OnIzzKHA.4384@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > > "Jdr" <omni@msn.net> wrote in message > news:C29193...

Add/Editing a shared workbook hyperlink
I have a shared Excel work book containing many hyperlinks. The users add or edit the hyperlinks every time during the day. The problem is that in order to add or edit a hyperlink one has to take off the shared workbook. Can any one help me out here I want to share the file and add and edit the hyperlinks without kining out other users. Thanks sana ...

SQL Insert from Access
I have a query in access 2003 containing new patients that needs to be inserted into a SQL server 2005 table. This will be done once a month. ImportData contains the connection string. Can anyone finish the syntax or tell me a better way of doing this. Thanks in advance. Kurt =============================================================================================== Set cnn = New ADODB.Connection cnn.Open ImportData strSQL = "INSERT INTO dbo.tblPatients (PFirstName, PLastName, MedicalRecNumber,DOB,MRSNID,EmployeeID)" strSQL = strSQL & "SEL...