Incorrect Exchange/Mailbox details

Hi,
I've inputted incorrect Exchange Server & Mailbox details and now Outlook 
2003 closes without giving me the option to change them.

When I double click on Outlook icon, Outlook 2003 starts to load.

A box opens with the text
'Configuring Outlook Accounts'
'Creating Welcome Message'

Then another box opens with the error -
'The connection to the Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable. Outlook 
must be online or connected to complete this action' (I'm online and 
connected)
The only option here is to click the OK button

Another box opens titled Microsoft Exchange Server
and a General tab
Microsoft Exchange Server
my incorrect details are listed

Mailbox
my incorrect mail address is listed

I get the choice of 3 tabs here
OK, Cancel or Apply
Apply does nothing
OK and Cancel give this error -
'Unable to open your defauty email folder. the file c:\Documents and 
Settings\Home\Local Settings\
Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.ost is not an offline folder file'
and an OK button which closes down Outlook 2003

I've tried clearing all information from the Microsoft Exchange Server box 
and Mailbox box but it makes no difference.
Can I alter these Exchange details from somewhere else?
Thanks
Simon
0
Simon1639 (233)
4/15/2008 8:30:02 PM
outlook 87535 articles. 11 followers. Follow

2 Replies
671 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 36

If you could include your Outlook version and the version of the
operating system that you use, it would help us give you more
concise help.

- Start
- Control Panel
- Mail (applet)
- Show Profiles

Highlight the profile (identity) that you wish to delete and click the
Remove button. This will allow you to start fresh.

Nikki Peterson

"Simon" <Simon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:B9CCC0F3-6B88-45AB-B8AD-8EC3EA6D8D0F@microsoft.com...
> Hi,
> I've inputted incorrect Exchange Server & Mailbox details and now Outlook
> 2003 closes without giving me the option to change them.
>
> When I double click on Outlook icon, Outlook 2003 starts to load.
>
> A box opens with the text
> 'Configuring Outlook Accounts'
> 'Creating Welcome Message'
>
> Then another box opens with the error -
> 'The connection to the Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable. Outlook
> must be online or connected to complete this action' (I'm online and
> connected)
> The only option here is to click the OK button
>
> Another box opens titled Microsoft Exchange Server
> and a General tab
> Microsoft Exchange Server
> my incorrect details are listed
>
> Mailbox
> my incorrect mail address is listed
>
> I get the choice of 3 tabs here
> OK, Cancel or Apply
> Apply does nothing
> OK and Cancel give this error -
> 'Unable to open your defauty email folder. the file c:\Documents and
> Settings\Home\Local Settings\
> Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.ost is not an offline folder 
> file'
> and an OK button which closes down Outlook 2003
>
> I've tried clearing all information from the Microsoft Exchange Server box
> and Mailbox box but it makes no difference.
> Can I alter these Exchange details from somewhere else?
> Thanks
> Simon 

0
4/16/2008 12:28:52 AM
Thanks Nikki,
That worked fine.
Simon

"Nikki Peterson" wrote:

> If you could include your Outlook version and the version of the
> operating system that you use, it would help us give you more
> concise help.
> 
> - Start
> - Control Panel
> - Mail (applet)
> - Show Profiles
> 
> Highlight the profile (identity) that you wish to delete and click the
> Remove button. This will allow you to start fresh.
> 
> Nikki Peterson
> 
> "Simon" <Simon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:B9CCC0F3-6B88-45AB-B8AD-8EC3EA6D8D0F@microsoft.com...
> > Hi,
> > I've inputted incorrect Exchange Server & Mailbox details and now Outlook
> > 2003 closes without giving me the option to change them.
> >
> > When I double click on Outlook icon, Outlook 2003 starts to load.
> >
> > A box opens with the text
> > 'Configuring Outlook Accounts'
> > 'Creating Welcome Message'
> >
> > Then another box opens with the error -
> > 'The connection to the Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable. Outlook
> > must be online or connected to complete this action' (I'm online and
> > connected)
> > The only option here is to click the OK button
> >
> > Another box opens titled Microsoft Exchange Server
> > and a General tab
> > Microsoft Exchange Server
> > my incorrect details are listed
> >
> > Mailbox
> > my incorrect mail address is listed
> >
> > I get the choice of 3 tabs here
> > OK, Cancel or Apply
> > Apply does nothing
> > OK and Cancel give this error -
> > 'Unable to open your defauty email folder. the file c:\Documents and
> > Settings\Home\Local Settings\
> > Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.ost is not an offline folder 
> > file'
> > and an OK button which closes down Outlook 2003
> >
> > I've tried clearing all information from the Microsoft Exchange Server box
> > and Mailbox box but it makes no difference.
> > Can I alter these Exchange details from somewhere else?
> > Thanks
> > Simon 
> 
0
Simon1639 (233)
4/16/2008 5:50:01 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Exchange Server 2003 stopped receiving and sending
We host our own Exchange Server. It does not show "down" or generate any error messages but as of around 4:15 yesterday afternoon can't get anything incoming or send anything outgoing. It must be queue'ing somewhere as again, there are no error messages or bouncebacks. We had some hardware problems late last week (back fan not working) which caused several automatic shutdowns of the server but Exchange was working fine for a day or two after hardware repairs. I do not believe they are related. I can sign into Outlook while on the network and get a "connected" m...

latest critical updates for Exchange 2000
Hi, I had a tough time finding some info on the latest critical updates: MS05-048 and MS06-003. I would like the install the Exchange 2000 updates on a Win2k server (sp3) running Exch 2000 (sp3). The Win2k Server installation does not have enough free space to accomodate sp4. Therefore, I need to ensure that the Exchange updates do not require the OS to be at sp4. I was also wondering if anyone knows if this installation involves service interruptions or a reboot? I appreciate the help, AF On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 12:21:02 -0800, "AF" <AF@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

Asking for login to a second server in the exchange site/domain
Just installed a Exchange 2003 server in my site and migrating users over from Ex5.5. After i have moved the user, some gets prompted for password authentication from one of the old Ex5,5 NT boxes. If you put in your password you get prompted again, if you cancel the client goes offline. Is there any connection here i don't see, this only relates to the same server. There are other 5,5 servers in the same site but only this one is prompting for password and only to some users. ...

Administering E-mail Rules for Microsoft Exchange 5.5
I am looking for a way to control the usage of Rules by my users. Is there any way I can customize the Rules Wizard to only show certain options to the user. Specifically, I wish to disallow auto-forwarding of mail (internally and externally). The only rules I believe are required are; Moving mail to another folder Deleting mail Running scripts on mail There seems to be no way under Exchange5.5 to configure this using GPOs or indeed any other method. I can't believe I'm the only person who'd like to do this. Any ideas? Cheers Dave ...

Exchange 2003 mailbox for multiple users
Hi I've just migrated from SBS 4.5 to SBS 2003. Consequently I've stepped up from Exchange 5.5/Outlook 2000 (we have Office 2000) to Exchange 2003/Outlook 2003. We have lots of "customer mailboxes" which multiple users can gain access. Previously what I did with Exchange 5.5 was to create a new mailbox, give it Primary Windows NT account as a group (not a user), and add users to the group. Finally I would set up an outlook profile using that mailbox for each user who needed access. Using this system I could ensure that when people replied they would reply from that mailbox&...

CRM 3.0 Synchronization with Exchange / Outlook Contacts
We have a database of over 9,000 customer contacts and one of the key reasons that we decided to work with MS CRM 3.0 instead of another product was based on the assumption that we'd be able to leverage the significant investment we have in our Exchange database - we thought that the Exchange router would do the trick of synchronizing the contacts between Exchange pub folders and the CRM database, but it suprisingly doesn't. This seems like a very basic concept that the product would support and I'm hoping that I'm simply overlooking something in the documentation. Howe...

Incorrectly Mapping to Exchange Public Folders
We have a folder on our PDC that is shared as \\server\public ... it has always been mappable from Win2K and WinXP clients. Today, a user on an XP machine started having trouble mapping to this share. Instead of the directory on the PDC, he was being mapped to the *public folders* in outlook (I guess that's "M:\org\Public Folders"?) Any idea what's going on? All other machines continue to map to the original share on the PDC. I also checked the virtual exchange drive (M:) where the exchange public folders are, and they are *not* shared. Thanks! (btw, we have a Win2K se...

"Bogus HELO" from Exchange.
I've been reading these message boards for a couple hours, and cant seem to find the fix I need to confirm how Exchange uses HELO. I support many clients using Exchange 2000/2003, along with SBS 2000/2003. It has been brought to my attention that people sending to domains using the Secureserver.net SPAM filter are now getting reject notices: There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator. <mail.ipsaintl.com #5.5.0 smtp;553 Bogus helo 64.202.166.12. <http://unblock.secureserver.net/?ip=216.185.184.26>&...

where can I find details about "AfxGetThreadState()" ?
Hi, folks There are many usage with AfxGetThreadState(...) function, but I dont know how and where use it. So, please give some details or webaddress about it. :-p Thnx :-) Frank "Frank Han" <winsays@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23U3yn%23vhDHA.1952@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi, folks > > There are many usage with AfxGetThreadState(...) function, but I dont know > how and where use it. > So, please give some details or webaddress about it. :-p It's an MFC internal function. The documentation is the MFC source code. Cheers Richard. See the fol...

A2000: group detail records by customer
I want to make a query on an OrderDetail table that sums the sales for year 2007 by customer. This query will be used to make a table, the table will be used to make a report later on. Anyway, the detail order table has the item number, qty ordered, and BillDate. The year can be extracted using: Year: mid(str ([BillDate]),2,4). I want each row to show one customer, and the sum of sales for the year 2007. Anyone know how to do this? Thank you. Lots of information mssing. Assumptions: You have a Customer Table You have an Order Table - this has a customer id You have an OrderDetails T...

Removing Exchange from OU
OK and how to remove the server from THE org unit without problem ?? Can i upgrade this server from NT4 to W2k (EXCH5,5) now that IMS is removp even if it is in the ORG unit ?? much appreciate >-----Original Message----- >Hello RJ, > >Shouldn't be a problem. It easy to recreate the IMS if needed. > >1. Remove the Internet Mail Service. To do this, follow these steps: > > a. Start the Microsoft Exchange Administrator program. > > b. Expand the site, expand Configuration, and then click Connections. > > c. In the right pane, click &quo...

Attachment's appear in Message Body- Exchange 2003 with outlook 2003
When I attach a file to an email, the attachment appears as a thumbnail inside the message body. What must I do to have the attachment appear in the subject line like traditional email systems? change your message format to HTML. "D|an-0" <D|an-0@newsgroup.nospam> wrote in message news:OryoPnQZIHA.3652@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > When I attach a file to an email, the attachment appears as a thumbnail > inside the message body. What must I do to have the attachment appear in > the subject line like traditional email systems? John wrote: > change your message...

Meeting room booking conflicts in Exchange 2000 \ Outlook XP problem #2
Hi, We have a Citrix based Windows 2000 domain, running Exchange 2000 server and Outlook XP client. Meeting rooms are booked in our organistaion through an Outlook calendar (one for each room). This is done in the following way: The user creates a new appointment in Outlook The 'add others' buttons is depressed. Users are invited via the address books 'required' and 'optional' buttons, while the room is selected through the 'resources' buttons. The user pres...

Urgent advice requested re: Exchange 5.5 Online/Offline defrag
Hi, I hope this is a good newsgroup to put an advice request for Exchange 5.5. We are running Exchange 5.5 Standard edition on an Win2000 server. Last week it hit the 16GB limit for the private information store. There were not warning messages but that's something I'll deal with after the recovery. Following the advice on microsoft site, I decided to do an offline deframentation using eseutil. As I don't have a spare 18GB on the server (the disk is only 32GB) I had to use a network drive to store the temporarily created edb file. I started eseutil defrag at about 8pm on ...

Outlook 2000 Hangs on closing after mailbox is accessed by Outlook 2003
Being an administrator I have several PCs running the various OS's and Office versions that my users may use. Recently I upgraded my Windows XP PC to Office 2003. Since then all my other PCs running Outlook 98, and Outlook 2000 hang when trying to close Outlook. Outlook 2003 works fine. This seems to suggest that the Outlook 2003 client has made some change to the Exchange mailbox. Others users with multiple systems are also seeing this issue. Frank Running OUTLOOK.EXE with the /cleanfreebusy switch on the affected clients resolved this problem. >-----Original Message----- &g...

Exchange 2000 #6
Exchange ran fine until today now the SMTP service starts when i reboot and runs for 10 minites and stops running there should be something in the application log explaining what's causing this...? "Jeff" <jjones@alliancemat.com> wrote in message news:EE282ED7-E0E2-48CF-BA89-7365F496A1EA@microsoft.com... > Exchange ran fine until today now the SMTP service starts when i reboot and runs for 10 minites and stops running ...

Payables Apply Zoom Shows no Details
Using a Payables Transaction Inquiry - Document The Invoice is in HIST and the Unapplied Amount is $0.00. When I do a Payables Transaction Entry Zoom I see the details of the invoice. However, when I click on the Apply button and do a Payables Apply Zoom, no apply information is available. There is a record in the PM30200 (PM Paid Transaction History File), but no record in the PM30300 (PM Apply to History File). Any thoughts on how to find the missing information or make a correction would be appreciated. Thank you. Well, you obviously know that you are missing the ap...

Moving Exchange 2000 to new hardware
Hi all, we have a memory leak on one of our Exchange servers that both ourselves and MS don't appear to be able to get to the bottom of. Windows 2000 SP4 Exchange 2000 SP3 Not a DC File and Print plus about 20 mailboxes. Not the first 2000 server in the site so no SRS. To avoid bringing over the memory leak I don't want to do a system state restore. I've found Q297289 How to move Exchange 2000 to new hardware and keep the same server name. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;297289 Which would appear to allow me to do this. Could someone please confirm t...

How to mark a previously opened email as unread via VBA in Outlook 2007 on Exchange
I have a very precise requirement in Outlook and thank everyone in advance for any help. I access my exchange mailbox though multiple devices: the iPhone, the iPad and Outlook 2007. The iPhone and iPad are usually monitored on the move when I'm outside the office. Any urgent emails are responded immediately but given that the method of entering the data is rather slow, most of my replies are short to action any tasks. I usually get back into the office, switch on the laptop and go through the mails again to reply to them properly as required. In the earlier scenario with a POP account, ...

Exchange Server unavailable for resource scheduling?
Hey guys, I was just trying to create a "shared resource mailbox" in Exchange 2003 SP2. The mailbox was created successfully. I am at the point where I go into "Calendar Options", in that new mailbox, and configure "Resource Scheduling", though when I click on it, I get a Microsoft Office Outlook popup... saying: "The connection to the Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complere this action." Strange thing is that I am online (connected) as I sent a test email to this mailbox from another computer and it ...

Multiple email accounts from exchange server in Outlook.
Hello, Is it possible to configure more than one email account from an exchange server? Thanks I think you can do that in OL2003 and possibly earlier. "Joao" <jotanovo@gmail.com> wrote in message news:OwolqK8QGHA.256@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > > Hello, > > Is it possible to configure more than one email account from an exchange > server? To clarify what Vince said, yes with multiple mail profiles. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be ...

Exchange 2003 Organization spanning multiple Windows 2003 forest.
Hi, We planning to build an Exchange Organization. We already deployed Windows 2003 forests (2). But we want to have only one Exchange 2003 Organization. Can some one help, please? It would be great if we can get some white papers on step-by-step procedure to build this. TIA, Joel. You cannot have a single Exchange organization that spans multiple forests, what you could use is the Microsoft Identity Integration Feature Pack to sync the GAL's between to two seperate Exchange organizations. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=d9143610-c04d-41c4...

Record Exchange of Shares?
As part of a buy-out, stock I owned has been exchanged for shares in the surviving company, i.e. 100 shares of X Company were exchanged for 460 shares of Y company. What is the best way to record this in Money (2007)? Thanks for any help. In microsoft.public.money, Paul Hand wrote: >As part of a buy-out, stock I owned has been exchanged for shares in the >surviving company, i.e. 100 shares of X Company were exchanged for 460 >shares of Y company. What is the best way to record this in Money (2007)? While you might handle this by recording a merger (Portfolio->RecordASpe...

Sharing Contact Categories in public folders on an exchange server
I'm new to Outlook and Exchange Servers and am trying to get up to speed on Sharing and Creating Contact Folders, and Categories. If a User creates a new contact folder or a new category within a public folder are they visible to all who have access to the public folder? If so, is there access limited to visibility or can they edit or add a contact to the folder and assign a category? Whether a user can add/edit folders or contacts depends on the permissions you give the user. Categories are added to the user's master category list, which isn't visible for ot...

Exchange 2000 Standard and Enterprise in the same Routing Group
I have two Exchange 2000 Standard servers, one in Arizona and another in Utah, both are part of the same Routing Group, all my incoming email hits the Arizona server first, and then it gets routed to the Utah server. I have started to hit the 16 GB database limit on the Utah server, I already deleted mailboxes, and ran the Eseutil /d utility to defragment the database, but I am still around 15 GB. I am looking to upgrade to Enterprise 2000, but I only want to do the Utah server. Is this possible? Or do I need to upgrade both servers to 2000 Enterprise? No issues with this. You can upgr...