Incomplete Import/Export options

I have a full installation of Office 2003 Pro, with SP2 installed.
When I click FILE | IMPORT AND EXPORT, I only get three options:
"Export to a file", "Import Internet mail account settings", and
"Import Internet mail and addresses".  The other three options, "Import
a vCard", "Import an iCalendar", and "Import from another program" are
all missing.  Any idea on how to get them back?

parker.moran@gmail.com <parker.moran@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a full installation of Office 2003 Pro, with SP2 installed.
> When I click FILE | IMPORT AND EXPORT, I only get three options:
> "Export to a file", "Import Internet mail account settings", and
> "Import Internet mail and addresses".  The other three options,
> "Import a vCard", "Import an iCalendar", and "Import from another
> program" are all missing.  Any idea on how to get them back?

Did you try Help>Detect and Repair?
--
Brian Tillman
0
Brian Tillman wrote:
> Did you try Help>Detect and Repair?
> --
> Brian Tillman

Thanks for your help.  I tried Detect and Repair, but I still only have
the three options.  Any other ideas?

Parker <parker.moran@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for your help.  I tried Detect and Repair, but I still only
> have the three options.  Any other ideas?

Use the Office installation wizard in Control Panel>Add or Remove Programs
to make sure the Importer and Exporters are all installed.  You probably
will need your installation media.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16051)
8/28/2006 1:50:41 PM
Sorry for the delay...I tried add/remove options and everything was
already installed.  I am still stuck with just three of the six options
for Import/Export.

Parker <parker.moran@gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry for the delay...I tried add/remove options and everything was
> already installed.  I am still stuck with just three of the six
> options for Import/Export.

One last thing to try, then, is uninstalling completely and reinstalling.
You may get a new mail profile, but you can revert to the original.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16051)
8/31/2006 1:32:52 PM
Removing Office completely and reloading it fixed the problem.  Thanks
for your help.

Not able to import multiple Fidelity accounts
I have two Fidelity accounts, a brokerage and an Educational Account. When I try to set up these accounts in Money 2006, none of the Education Account information is imported. Money 2006 sets up the two accounts, but there is no balance or transaction history for the Educational Account. It seems as though Money sees there is an account but is not able to access anything. It looks like I'll have to enter and update all Educational transactions manually. Any suggestions on how to resolve this? Thanks, John Money 2006 Deluxe, IE 6, XP SP2. I have 3 accounts at Fidelity - it works...

Importing values w/trailing minus signs
XL97 & 2k For many years I've regularly imported downloaded (mainframe) files into XL and, where there were values with trailing minus signs, I used the Import Wizard to define the position as a separate column. I wrote a utility macro that flips the value. Recently someone mentioned that they accomplish this with the import wizard and I looked until I was blue in the face but cannot find it so I assume that-if this individual was correct-it is in a version newer than the one(s) I use (I didn't hear what version he was using). Is this correct, or am I indeed blind? -- Regards; R...

Exchange ESUTIL Options
I have an exchange 2000 server which I inherited from another administrator that has a 12 GB EBD on a 20 gig drive. I know that I need to have users delete or archive their e-mails and then run ESUTIL. In Exchange 2000 you can have 2 Stores. Can I create 1 store and have mail go into that while defragging the other EDB and then either A. Run both stores at the same time or B combine the stores so no mails are lost. I have been Google &#8216;in for quite a while and haven't found anything concrete. Thanks in advance for your help. Erin You might want to read up on running...

Summing the number of incomplete jobs within a date range -sumprod
Hello, I need help figuring out a formula that counts the number of incomplete jobs for a specific worker that are within the next seven days. I would only want to count the "Date Completed" column if it was blank and within seven days from today's date. I've tried using sumproduct, but I can't seem to figure out how to get the date calculations to work properly. My data looks similar to this Worker Due Date Date Completed Bob 1/18/2010 1/13/2010 Bob 1/21/2010 Bob 2/20/2010 Tom ...

Delivery Options #2
We have Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003 and the Delivery Option does not work: "Do not deliver before:" Is there a reason for this? Not in cached mode nor online mode. Thanks, Exchange2003 On Tue, 9 Aug 2005 11:00:03 -0700, Exchange2003 <Exchange2003@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We have Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003 and the Delivery Option does not work: >"Do not deliver before:" > >Is there a reason for this? > >Not in cached mode nor online mode. > >Thanks, >Exchange2003 It works on a very vanilla install. Probably need to go t...

"Show Placeholder" feature in options/view doesnt work
I have a macro that places a large number of pictures on a spreadsheet. I would like the pictures to show as "placeholders" to speed up viewing/editing. The only problem is that this feature (under Tools/Options/View) does not work. All the images are being display normally. I have tried this in Excel 2000/2003/XP with the same result. This feature works great in MS Word. Please help. To see what I'm talking about. Go to Tools/Options/View and check the "Show Placeholders" option. Now insert a picture or clipart. The image will be displayed normally instead of just a b...

Downloaded Transactions will not import
I am running a Win XP machine using Money 2002 (only 2 years behind the times) I have a credit union that when I download transactions into Money it does not give me an option to save the file to disk but rather downloads it and opens it automatically. For some reason it does not transfer into Money. My other credit union gives me the option save it to disk and once it is saved I can open the file and the transactions will be transferred into money. Anybody have any thoughts on this? Thanks in Advance When you say 'opens it automatically', how is it opening it? In Notepad? If s...

Import or link to access db
Hi, I've tried posting this query before - but can't find it in the forum. So here goes again. We have Outlook 2007 and on that a shared folder for contacts (with Exchange server). We also have a list of contacts in Access (2003) - Ideally we would like these linked to Outlook. I understand from other posts that the link wizard is not ideal. Being a sunsidiary company it is a difficult and arduous process getting approval for new software - otherwise we'd get something like ContactGenie. My programming skills are limited so any advice is welcome. Is there perhaps a...

Import Messages Loses HTML Content
When I import Outlook messages into OE, I lose any HTML content and only import straight text. I've been up and down the menu trees on both, but can't figure out if I missed a checkbox, or if this is an insurmountable problem. Can anyone help? ...

How to import Outlook Express messages into MS Outlook 2007
Hi, My computer runs Windows 7, and I would like to import messages from Outlook Express(My old computer that ran WinXP). I have the .dbx files archived to an external drive, and copied and pasted them to a folder on the windows desktop. When I run the import function in Outlook 2007, I can't get it to point to the folder where the messages are stored. I have a feeling this is not going to work with Windows 7, but if it can, please let me know what I'm doing wrong. If not, is there a way around this to get the messages into Outlook? Thanks in advance. "...

No Reply Option
Can anyone tell me how to send an email that does not give recipients an option to reply? You can't. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP Author - Special Edition Using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Lead Author - Access 2003 VBA Programmer's Reference Author - Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft OneNote 2003 http://blogs.officezealot.com/cardoza "Kim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:844d01c48546$6746e1c0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Can anyone tell me how to send an email that does not give > recipients an option to reply? ...

Filter option not working
Unable to get the filter option to work after selecting 'Protect and Share Worksheet Have completed all the steps in relation to Format - Cells, but even though the cells are not locked the filter option can not be use How can I get this to work? Hi gianni While you are protecting the Sheet Tools>Protection>Protect Sheet Below are the rights that you can allow/Disallow all users. Check "Use Auto Filter" regards >-----Original Message----- >Unable to get the filter option to work after selecting 'Protect and Share Worksheet' >Have completed all the s...

I cannot import a word document in to Publisher
"mcattlin" <mcattlin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BB9A5204-71E7-4B21-8686-F09F7BA1404A@microsoft.com... > Well gee you may need an import license or something. Or if you want some help a few details IN THE BODY OF THE MESSAGE would be nice. Clues!!! Error Message Pub Version? Word Version? OS Version? Error Message? Method:- Copy paste? Error Message? -- John G Wot's Your Real Problem? I can. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com ~pay it forward~ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranti...

Import file to Word document
I have a Microsoft Word merge file, all of my information for that file is sitting in an Excel file. Is there anywhere possible I can get these two files to merge? Thanks Have you tried mail merge? http://www.officearticles.com/word/mail_merge_letters_in_microsoft_word.htm or http://www.officearticles.com/word/mail_merge_labels_in_microsoft_word.htm ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Y Y" <snuze@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:11li62cle2ti5ce@corp.supernews.com... >I have a Microsoft Word merge file, all of my information for that file is >sitting...

move files and folers option
I had to perform recovery on my computer and after doing so, when I right click on a file or folder the option to move or copy to is gone. I cannot move files or folders from another location. Also cannot transfer from cd or flash drive to computer. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me! On Mon, 22 Feb 2010 13:56:01 -0800, B.J. <BJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I had to perform recovery What does "perform recovery" mean? Exactly how did you do this? > on my computer and after doing so, when I right > click on a file or folder ...

Importing a PST file into Exchange
I'm told this is NOT the way to IMPORT a PST file into Exchange 2003 and Exmerge is the way to do it... Is Microsoft really clueless when it comes to Exchange as I'm led to believe my an Outlook EXPERT ?? From MS Site - Migrating from a Peer-to-Peer Network to a Windows Small Business Server 2003 Network http://technet2.microsoft.com/WindowsServerSolutions/SBS/en/library/d21aeb6a-dffb-4898-adde-8b378db50fd81033.mspx?mfr=true See step 3 below !!!! ------------------- Step 3: Import Existing E-mail into an Exchange Server Mailbox If you choose to host e-mail in Exchange Server, you s...

Export to TaxCut useless ?
What is the value of this ? For example, it exports a total dividend amount,but doesn't break it down by financial institution,so you have to tweak it anyway.Can't they refine this some ? Thanks Alan In microsoft.public.money, Apothecon wrote: >What is the value of this ? For example, it exports a total dividend >amount,but doesn't break it down by financial institution,so you have to >tweak it anyway.Can't they refine this some ? Thanks Alan Filling in the schedule D is very useful. For dividends, it is much less so. You could make separate .txf files for eac...

Export Campaign Acitivites to a timeline/Gnatt chart
One of our prospects came up with a good question... They want to be able to take a marketing campaign's planning activities and campaign activities and be able to produce a timeline/gnatt chart for their board meetings. I assume we have to export then maybe upload into MS Project? Any suggestions of how this can be done? Thank you. One way to achieve this would be to have code read the crm data then export to an mpx file which can be read in project. You are the first person who has requested this type of functionality on this group. ======================= John O'Donnell...

Importing messages #4
I resently installed a new "C" drive in my computer. The old hard drive is drive "D". How can I import all my messages from Outlook Express on my "D" drive to Outlook Express on my "C" drive? I am using Outlook Express 6.0 and Windows2000 with sp3. Any Suggestions?? Try posting in an Oulook Express group - this group supports Outlook from the Microsoft Office suite of business productivity programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer. You can also see this site for some excellent help with OE: http://www.tomsterdam.com --� Milly S...

automatically import data from a cell in one workbook to another workbook

How do you turn the Paste Options Button off on Mac Operating systems.?
Version: 2008 I have worked with PCs for a long time and know how to turn the Paste Options Button off, but do not know how to do it on my Mac computer. <br> Thanks for your help! Hello, On 2009.12.16 9:11, in article 59baf1f3.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "clannom@officeformac.com" <clannom@officeformac.com> wrote: > I have worked with PCs for a long time and know how to turn the Paste Options > Button off, but do not know how to do it on my Mac computer. Go to the Word - Preferences command (this is the equivalent of the Windows version's "...

How To Import Text File With No Delimiters?
I have a text file with over 2,000 names that look like the following: Mr. Benoit Smith 120 Adam Street Dorchester, MA 02124 Marcus Darbouze 1553 Blue Hill Avenue Boston, MA 02126 American Public Health Initiatives 10 Fairway Street Mattapan, MA 02126 Most consist of 3 lines some as many as 5. The text file has no delimiters so that when I import/open it in Excel it becomes just one very long column. I need to convert it or parse it into any other database friendly importable format i.e., .dbf, .xls, .csv etc. What I need is to convert it into a table with up to five header rows: head1 he...

Inventory import
Can someone please help me with understanding the easiest way to import items into RMS Store Ops? Can this be done? QSC Import. Free utility available from MS through CustomerSource. Populates all of the necessary tables nicely. Tom -- Stop fishing for e-mail "JereHurn@zeroedin" wrote: > Can someone please help me with understanding the easiest way to import items > into RMS Store Ops? Can this be done? > Thank you Tom "Terrible Tom" wrote: > QSC Import. Free utility available from MS through CustomerSource. > Populates all of the necessary...

RE: Look at that important patch
--glsrfftgdpbzd Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="miwvatyss"; type="multipart/alternative" --miwvatyss Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="ywnjvicin" --ywnjvicin Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to protect you...

Is there a way to import Quickbooks reminders into Outlook Calander or Task list?
I am using Outlook 2003 and Quickbooks Pro 2006. I have numerous reminders I need to keep up with in Quickbooks and I can't keep it open all the time, but Outlook is always open. Surely I am not the only person that has this issue. Does anyone know how to do this? I have searched the Quickbooks Marketplace for solutions and none yet. I am about to check their forums. DW Post back with a solution if you find one. Exporting is the property of = the program that you are using - not Outlook. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion int...