Incoming Messages have wrong time #2

I'm at my wits' end with this.  Can someone help?
When the clock on my task bar is correct, my incoming
email messages arrive with a time stamp of one hour
earlier (causing me to think it's been sitting there for
an hour if I didn't happen to see it come in) Outgoing
messages leave with the correct time stamp. If I go in
and click "adjust for daylight savings," the incoming
messages have the correct time stamp but ALL of my
appointments (past, present, and future) in my calendar
are moved forward an hour! I'm serious. A 2:15pm appt
suddenly shows as 3:15pm, which would, of course, make me
an hour late for the appt. To top things off, the clock
will simply lose an hour randomly. I'll look down and the
clock is right. A while later, I'll look and it is an
hour behind. What is going on??
I reboot and go into the system and the clock matches the
task bar. Whether I change it in the system or from the
task bar, it does not correct the time stamp issue on
incoming emails. The time stamp is important for my work
because most of my communication is via email and it is
time sensitive. But this is driving me bonkers! Please
help.
I'm using Outlook 2003 on Windows XP
0
anonymous (74722)

Changing password #2
Hi, If I change a domain user's password, will that user's Exchange Server 2003 mailbox's pssword be changed too? I mean, does Active Directory share the same password with Exchange Server 2003? Thanks! Exchange never had passwords separate from domain, not even in Exchange 4-5.5 era. So you would change just one password, which belongs to AD account. Michael wrote: > Hi, > > If I change a domain user's password, will that user's > Exchange Server 2003 mailbox's pssword be changed too? > I mean, does Active Directory share the same password > w...

retrieving attachments from multiple email messages in one attempt from MS-Outlook 2007
If I have emails from Person 1, Person 2....Person 110 and each email has an attachment is there a way in Outlook 2007 to get download all the attachments from Person 1...Person 110 in one attempt in one folder instead of manually going to each email message and downloading them individually. g wrote: > If I have emails from Person 1, Person 2....Person 110 and each email > has an attachment is there a way in Outlook 2007 to get download all the > attachments from Person 1...Person 110 in one attempt in one folder > instead of manually going to each email message and down...

macro problem. Upgraded to Excel 2002, now getting error message
Hello, this is my first time posting so please go easy on me. I am running a macro that pulls data from several files an interpolates information; the process takes about 20-25 mins. upgraded to excel 2002 and now the when I run a large input file i runs about 2/3 of the way then gives me the standard error messag saying the program needs to shut down. If i cut the file up in smalle parts the program will run through, but it's a pain stitching th output back together. I have never had this problem before when I wa running Excel 2000. Is there a setting I have to change? -Thanks :conf...

Field dependent on 2 other fields
Hi, I have 2 fields, Nature_of_advice1 and Nature_of_advice2. Either of these fields can select the option "other" which will then show fields Other1 or Other2 for completion. This part works fine! However, if the user selects "other infection state" in either of the first 2 fields mentioned then they need to complete a third field which I would like to be hidden unless needed. I have an after update event for both fields to show/hide the secondary fields, and have put the same info into the form's OnCurrent field. It all seems to work OK unless I select &qu...

Tracking e-mail messages
I'm a little confused. (always... but today more than normal ... I think) I have setup a mail account. Done the rule delployment wizard. Noticed that messages are being sent as a copy to the CRM mailbox. When I create a message and ask it to be tracked in CRM.. the activity history etc shows the e-mail message correctly. Now I would have thought that any reply to that message would be automatically tracked on it's return to the generating mail box? A copy is created in the CRM mailbox but unless the reply is checked as "Track in CRM" it does nothing with it.. Are my...

How can I open files from a prev. version of Publisher in Pub 2000 #2
Is there a way to open files from an earlier version of Publisher in Publisher 2000? I have a file that I cannot access, that I believe was created in Publisher 97 or 98, that I need to access, but I get an error message that says it cannot be opened. You should be able to open it. Maybe it is a 2002 or 03 document. Do you have Norton? Disable script blocking and in Norton Options Office Plug ins. If that doesn't work send the files to me and I will convert them for you. Remove "my" to reply. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news:...

Emailing as message #2
Hi, I have been facing this problem with publisher lately (more so with the new office version i guess). When I try sending my publisher file as a message email, the alignment is almost never correct. Please suggest what to do. It's urgent. Send the info as a .pdf attachment. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Publisher, email as message" <Publisher, email as message@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:30CC3CD3-23D1-4E17-86F9-726C29CAEC73@microsoft.com... > Hi, I have been...

Losing Message Body when sending email with attachment
OK, this is really strange, in my 7 yrs of being an exchange admin, i've never seen this. One of my users (and only 1!), when sending an email with an attachment SOMETIMES loses her message body. You cannot see the message body in the email sitting in the sent items and the recipient doesn't see the message body text either. I've tried upgrading her outlook client to outlook 2003 and that seemed to fix it for a while but the problem is happening again :( Has anyone seen this or have any ideas what else I could try? thanks Chris What format is she sending the mail in? ( Rich...

Image Preview #2
Hi, for those interested in image previews, the following link might be interesting: http://www.geocities.com/giovanni.dicanio/vc/index.htm There is also a Power-Point presentation explaining something, and there is the full source code with comments (the code needs more tests and also reviews, but it seems in a good state now :) The code implements a custom Win32 image preview control in C++, and also an extension to open file common dialog, which offers image previews using the aforementioned custom control. The DLL is implemented in C++, but it exposes a C interface (so it can be used ...

Printing in color #2
I am not able to view or print my document in color. On the screen in the "working" mode it is correct but when I click "view" pr "print preview" it is not in color. Sallygirl wrote: > I am not able to view or print my document in color. On the screen in the > "working" mode it is correct but when I click "view" pr "print preview" it is > not in color. Have you actually tried printing? Publisher 2007's print preview is buggy on some HP printers and will only display black and white. Oh, and you are using a colour ...

Simple Balance Sheet and Income Statement
GP is great, but it's reporting (pre-packaged) is BEYOND FRUSTRATING. Does anyone know where we can find/download the two most basic of statements for business, Balance Sheet and Income Statement? It's hard to believe a $20K accounting package can't include two simple reports that the $139 or even FREE accounting packages include! >It's hard to believe a $20K accounting package can't include two simple reports that the $139 or even FREE accounting packages include!< If you setup your GL accounts using the predefined accounting categories for each account, you...

Backup of Exchange server seems to "hang" at times.
Hi! I have XS 5.5 running on W2K SBS. I am backing up using Veritas 8.5. About 25% of the time it takes an inordinate amount of time to backup the mailboxes. My transfer to tape rate is normally 200 Mb/min, then it goes down to 2-3Mb/min. I am backing up many other folders and ther is never a slow down in those. What could be causing this? Also, if anyone out there is familiar with Veritas, at times the backup will say it fails, but there will be no indication of why in the log file. Any ideas? Thanks! I will look into upgrading in the not to distant future. I am not getting a...

Miscalculation of 2 fields?
In a database for a printing company, I've got a form that has a field for "Quantity" ordered and "Finished" total pieces created. When an order is written up the "Quantity" is filled in and the order goes into production. Once production is finished, a final count is taken including all extras and that count is entered into "Finished". Once "Finished" is updated and the user tries to exit the "Finished" box, a calculation is done to make sure the the value of "Finished" is not less than the value of "Quantity&qu...

Working out positions based on time
Basically I'm doing some timing for a Mountain Bike downhill race, and am going to have a whole bunch of times for a race in one column (I and in another column (J) I want to automatically work out a placing based on the times as I enter them into the spreadsheet (sort of like 'live' placing system, which adjusts based on peoples times as the come down the hill. eg. So a person who came down in fifth initiall could be bumped back to sixth when the next rider comes down the hil if they post a faster time than the first rider does). Is this possible? If it isn't, even a form...

OUTLOOK 2003 "Signature for new messages"
I have one (default) signature assigned in Outlook. Periodically (maybe once every couple of weeks or so) the "Signature for new messages" value gets reset to "<none>". I must go back in and change the value back to "Default". Has anyone else experienced this problem? Thanks. ...

Time difference calculation
Hi Excel 2003 In C5 i have a start time eg 12.30pm and in D5 I have a finish time eg 20.45pm. I need to calculate the hours and minutes worked in E5, with a minimum of 1 hour. In other words if 45mins is worked then 1 hour is returned, but anything greater than 1 hour will be as is. This nearly works, but if the start time is say 10pm and finish is next day at 6am then it fails. =IF(D5-C5<=TIME(1,0,0),TIME(1,0,0),IF(D5<C5,D5+1,D5)-C5) I have tried to incorporate (D5<C5,D5+1,D5)-C5) into the first part of the function but I cannot get it to work. All assist...

Compacted messages now gone
I apologize if this has been asked before, but I wasn't sure where t turn. I was prompted to compact my e-mail folders and save waste space (which I have done before), but this time, it seems to hav gotten rid of all of my e-mails in my mail folders. Is there any wa to get to those messages again or are they gone (stored) forever -- auntof ----------------------------------------------------------------------- auntof3's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=552 View this thread: http://www.officehelp.in/showthread.php?t=130652 Posted from - http://www.officehelp.i ...

error message after install office 2008 mac
After install is complete get this message " There is a problem with the office data base. Office might not be able to access the database or data base file might be damaged.....To rebuild the data base open MS Office 2008/office and then open MS database utility. For more info open the data base utility application and on help menu click database utility help". MY PROBLEMS ARE I do not know where or how to find MS OFFICE?OFFICE or MS DATABASE UTILITY etc. And after you tell me WHERE to find them, what do I do next? THANK YOU July 8 4:40 PM EST ...

how to delet all messages in exch2k3
in exch2k I can delete all messages in queues now how can I delete all message in the queue in exchange server 2003. thanks for your help. To delete several messages that are next to each other, click the first message, hold down SHIFT and click the last message, right-click one of the selected messages, and then click either "Delete (no NDR)" or "Delete (with NDR)". To delete several messages that are not next to each other, click the first message, hold down CTRL and click additional messages, right-click one of the selected messages, and then click either "D...

Missing printers causing long boot times?
A Vista Business 64-bit was booting fine until an Epson printer decided that the ink was low, put a two page document into the queue, and never operated properly since. We first deleted the printer object, connected to another printer on another workstation, and were able to print. But that failed on the second attempt to print, so we waited for the refurb Lexmark to arrive. The Lexmark works fine, prints like a champ, but the boot still takes forever. Is there a log that I can look at to determine if time is being lost while the boot process looks for the old Epson printer...

Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2 Security Update for Wi
i keep getting this update every few min from the automatic updates on xp pro sp3 this update is installed & it appears in the registry & in the add remove programs it installs says it installed succesfully but it keeps coming up i have tryed removing it from the reg & uninstalling it from add remove program & reinstalling it but this update wont stop coming in any ideas on how to stop this from poping up every 2 min "dez" wrote: > i keep getting this update every few min from the automatic updates on xp pro > sp3 > this update is inst...

Button #2
How do I create a simple button to which I can assign a macro to? Hi Felix there's lots of methods, personally i like using the drawing toolbar autoshape objects (stars / rounded squares etc). Display the drawing toolbar (view / toolbars / drawing), click on autoshapes, choose basic shapes (or whatever), click on your workbook ... to assign the macro, right mouse click choose Assign macro Cheers JulieD "Felix" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:274d001c463f3$c31bd380$a601280a@phx.gbl... > How do I create a simple button to which I can assign...

Outlook security #2
Hi, Is there anyway to findout whether anyone is monitoring my mailbox(e-mail) Also is there any way to find out whether the mail is going to a 3rd person ( not in the list) without my knowledge? Thanks ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ...

Merging columns? #2
::Thanks for responding, Myrna. There is only one row per person-- and no, there is not a blank ro between each filled row. Carol : -- Carolina7870 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Carolina78703's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1562 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27225 If you have only one row for each person, I guess I don't understand what you want to do. Combine the entries in A1, B1, C1, and D1, with a space between? If so =A1&" "&B1&&...

Reply rule confustion
Additional questions have arisen from original question that was answered by Peter (original question below). Got the rule setup and working using the "have server reply" option, but can it be made to only respond once to each sender kinda like the out-of-office auto-reply? ORIGINAL POST Instead of Reply Using a specific template in your rule, use Have server reply using a specific message. -Peter "Bill Clark" <billc@no-email.com> wrote in message news:esL6X4glKHA.2132@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Running Exchange 2007 SP1 w/ Outlook 2003 clients. I...