Incoming emails in plain text only - Outlook 2002

I have just started using Outlook as my mail / contacts / diary client
and have hit a problem. For some reason it is only displaying incomin
e-mails as plain text. My previous clients had no probs showing th
more complex ones (?HTML) with pictures and flashy bits. Now all i
just plain. I have scoured the options menus to see if something ha
been switched off; I have set the outgoing text format to HTML; but al
to no avail. Even the smileys I send come back simply as hyperlink
when people reply.

I should have mentioned that the version is Outlook 2002 (Office XP).
Any ideas anyone

Do you by chance have Ken Slovak's AttachmentOptions add-in installed (check
Tools | Options - is there a tab named, "AttachmentOptions")? If not, open
REGEDIT and check for a value named, "ReadAsPlain" in the following registry
key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\10.0\Outlook\Options\Mail

Does it exist?

--
PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~
  -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)

"IanKR" <IanKR.ybrla@outlookforum.com> wrote in message

> I have just started using Outlook as my mail / contacts / diary client,
> and have hit a problem. For some reason it is only displaying incoming
> e-mails as plain text. My previous clients had no probs showing the
> more complex ones (?HTML) with pictures and flashy bits. Now all is
> just plain. I have scoured the options menus to see if something has
> been switched off; I have set the outgoing text format to HTML; but all
> to no avail. Even the smileys I send come back simply as hyperlinks
> when people reply.
>
> I should have mentioned that the version is Outlook 2002 (Office XP).
> Any ideas anyone?

patrickareed (498)

invalid email address

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

OL 2002 Hanging up When Attaching Docs

Some Emails Cannot be Delivered

Attaching Contacts to new email

Outlook Sales

From time to time, I will recieve email from friends, family, or business...and when I get the email, I open it up to find nothing but white space. I can't find a common thing between emails. I just know it is very frustrating when I have to ask people to resend the email to me or to a new address. When I look at my mail on the server, it is fine. It is when I open Outlook and it downloads it to my desktop. I get nothing. Any ideas? Cheers.. vg Sorry, wanted to add that I am using OL2003 with WINXP and everything is updated SP wise. I am starting to see some articles on this...

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

using the journal on outlook

Emails #3

Great Plains Certifications
HI All, I recently wrote the Great Plains install and configure exam. for anybody that is planning to write it, I can say that the exam is fair and does not cover any material not in the manual. I would like to write the financials exam as well, but I need some guidance or direction as to what material to focus on. i do have all the manuals, but please let me know if you are aware of any additional resources. thanks Yolande Hi Yolande, There are preparation guides available for each exam out on PartnerSource. This guide lists all the different offerings available that can help yo...

Having problem with spoofing email