incoming emails disappear after 1 minute in Inbox

I have Outlook configured to an Exchange Server.  Any email that is delivered
to my Inbox gets deleted after 1 minute.  I do not even see it in the deleted
folder.  There are no rules/filters enabled or set.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Dan

danlbradshaw <danlbradshaw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I have Outlook configured to an Exchange Server.  Any email that is
> delivered to my Inbox gets deleted after 1 minute.  I do not even see
> it in the deleted folder.  There are no rules/filters enabled or set.
> Any ideas?

Do you have the Reading Pane enabled?  If so, what's in Tools>Options>Other
Readong Pane as the time value for marking a message read?  What does
View>Arrange By>Current View have checked?  Don't have those settings
exactly?  You'd better state your Outlook version, then.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
3/18/2005 3:38:46 PM
do you have a pst set up as the default delivery location on another
computer and have outlook open on it?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"danlbradshaw" <danlbradshaw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have Outlook configured to an Exchange Server.  Any email that is
>delivered
> to my Inbox gets deleted after 1 minute.  I do not even see it in the
> deleted
> folder.  There are no rules/filters enabled or set.  Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dan

0
msnews1660 (730)

Allow or Deny when a Program tries to send an email
I am trying to send a message through Outlook with a vb.net program. I receive a message saying that I can allow or deny this message. After a few of these messages, I started getting a different message that gave me a choice to ALWAYS allow messages to be sent from this program. I don't know what triggered the appearance of this send message. My problem is that I need to install my application on my user machines, does anyone know how to disable this allow or deny message OR trigger the send message which allows me select always allow? Thanks, What version of Out...

Saving existing Outlook emails
I'm needing to re-format my harddrive and am wondering how I can save my existing Outlook emails and settings so that once I have the newly reformatted drive setup I can access my saved emails and files? do a search in your hard drive for *.pst... it contains all e-mails and contacts... in brief, all eggs in one basket. If you have mail rules you can export them, as you can your mail account(s). HTH <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:10fe01c4a73d$16a62f50$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I'm needing to re-format my harddrive and am wondering how > I can ...

CRM do not recognize different character set encoding for incoming e-mail???
I have a problem with some of incoming e-mail. If incoming e-mail character set is not unicode but for example Cyrillic then I dont see russian letters, but some scrawl!!! My Outlook recognize all what I need. Whats about CRM??? Sorry about my poor english. ...

transfer inbox in table format to word
In my older version I could cut and paste the table format in Outlook to a word file. Now I don't seem to be able to do it although I can print the file in that format within Outlook. When I export the inbox to word I get the whole text not just the headings. Is it possible to transfer the table format to a word file? ...

make XL stop interpreting email addresses as highlighted links?
In several worksheets I store email addresses but XL insists on making them links. So, if I ever select the cell, it tries to open Outlook (which I won't let on my machine), etc. It takes me 30 seconds to get control back. I've looked everywhere in Options but I haven't found anything to stop this. My workaround is to type the email address in an unused cell, then copy it and Paste Special into the target cell with "values only". What a pain. Can you gurus please help? By the way, I did look hard and long for this in earlier posts -- I can't be the only one...

Adding attachments to email merges
I am trying to create an email merge in Outlook, with a PDF attachment. It all works ok, and the message sends but the attaachment is always stripped off the message - I have tried different files and the attachement never comes through, or even gets mentioned in the received message. What am I doing wrong? Any suggestions gratefully received. Many thanks m.nutt1 Not supported. You'd need to use third party software for that. http://www.slipstick.com/addins/mail.htm#massmail -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "m.nutt1" <mark@emqc.co.uk> wrote in message news:%23qnq...

Workflow Email on Campaign Response
I've added a workflow rule so that when a field is changed on the campaign reponse form a email will be sent but when i go to add the action "send email" is not listed. Is it not possible to do this? This is CRM 3.0 Thanks I am facing the same problem. In CRM 3.0, when I want to add a workflow rule On creating a campaign response, "Send email" is not an available option in the Insert Action menue. Does anyone know the solution? -- Raj Limaye, PMP "Matt" wrote: > I've added a workflow rule so that when a field is changed on the campaign &...

I can't get rid of 1 "Payment to Send' Reminder-M07
On my Home Page in the Reminder section, I have a "1 Payment to Send" listed there. But there is NO payment to send. I"ve opened up back-up copies as far back as May and the reminder is there, but there is no payment that needs sending. Does anybody have an idea how I can get rid of this Reminder? Just removing the Reminder from Home Page doesn't do it. When you put the Reminder back on the Home Page, the "Payment to Send" is still there. Clicking on the link just takes me to Bill Summary page. ...

Empty Emails
I get daily emails that are empty. Blank. From: Blank To: Blank Body: Blank Can someone tell my why? I just delete them. Thanks Sue Nope, I do too, but SpamBayes takes care of them for me. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Sue asked: | I get daily emails that are empty. Blank. | From: Blank | To: Blank | Body: Blank | | Can someone tell my why? I just delete them. | Thanks | ...

linking to publisher email
How do you make a link for unsubscribing to an email? The easiest way is to insert a email link to you along with instructions. Select the text or image > insert > hyperlink > Email Address and enter your email address. DavidF "NK" <NK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:166F126E-17FC-468E-9A42-9E23ACE8454D@microsoft.com... > How do you make a link for unsubscribing to an email? ...

Problem OL 2002 Email
I am having a problem with OL 2002 email settings. I have two computers which I am setting up. One computer works perfectly. The second computer I have configured exactly the same...incoming/outgoing servers and ports, etc... are all setup the same. On the second computer when I press test email settings, everything tests fine. But when I try to do a Send/Receive, I run into problems. First, the POP3 tries to connect to the POP3 server twice at the same time. (I am able to see this on my POP3 server console.) Second, the SMTP sending mail never connects to my SMTP server. (Ag...

Microsoft CRM 1.2 database export failed 01-27-06
I am receiving this message when I try to upgrade my CRM 1.2 to CRM 3.0, does any one have any idea what this means? ...

Hi - does anyone know how to view the source code of an email in Outlook 2003? - tia Jam4 ...

Emails don't find contacts in restored Outlook
My hard drive burned up, so I replaced it, reinstalled, and imported everything into Outlook. The contacts are there if you click contacts. However, when sending emails, there is no way to connect to my contacts. It's like they are invisible. You never import Outlook data to restore it. You just open the Outlook data file. When you do, you will be able to configure your address book view to display your Contacts the same way as always: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;287563&Product=ol2002 -- Russ Valentine "Mike Row Soft" <MikeR...

Why can't I send email messages with Trial Outlook 2007?
I have a new HP laptop that came with the 60 day trial of Office'07. I receive email but the send/reply/compose functions are grayed out. I am certain my settings are correct. Why can't I send email? KK What happens when you use the Test Account Settings? What is the exact error message you get? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, KK asked: | I have a new HP laptop that came with the 60 day...

Sending email in CRM web app problem
Hi, I found this problem very annoying. Our CRM's SMTP service is hosted in YahooMail. The SMTP address is mail.bizmail.yahoo.com and this is a "locked down" server, which means required authentication by username and password. I configured the CRM server's registry by settings the SMTPServerUrl and other stuff, such as Username and password entries. Now, when we send emails from CRM web app, it works... BUT... when we send email using a template which has embedded images, it cannot send the email and reports an error: "Not valid association" something... A...

Incoming Emails #2
Do I always have to click the "Send/Receive" button in order to get my new emails? No, you can go to TOOLS, then SEND/RECEIVE SETTINGS and then DEFINE SEND/RECEIVE SETTINGS and in the box's shown, you can tell Outlook to automatically send or receive your messages every XX mins. Tedd -- Tedd Riggs PDASquare Content Developer www.pdasquire.com "wj" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:88174331-72B4-4ECF-B688-DF745D9178EF@microsoft.com... > Do I always have to click the "Send/Receive" button in order to get my new emails? T...

2003 Public folders disappear on clients then reappear
Dear all, I have noticed that public folders will for no reason drop of users clients and the reappear without any intervention. Eventvwr shows no errors just one warning 5008 to indicate a log file was deleted which seems fine. Oh and we have exchange 2003 standard SP1. Recently sorted out some AD problems and now all dc's seem to be replicating correctly with no errors or warnings. I have recently updated RUS pointing it to correct DC as it was pointing to a server that had been demoted following AD troubles. So I'm lost as why this happens any ideas or suggestions greatly r...

Don't get some emails;
Some emails don't come thru. From another computer I can forward messages to my email site but don't receive new messages. Also not getting some emails from various sites. ...

email address link
When I click on an email address link in the body of an received email, Outlook Express editor comes up instead of my regular Outlook Word editor. Is there a way to change the settings? If so, where would I look? Thanks in Advance Try this - In your Control Panel: Open Internet Options Go to Programs Tab For Email, choose Outlook as your default. Now click OK. Retry. >-----Original Message----- >When I click on an email address link in the body of an >received email, Outlook Express editor comes up instead of >my regular Outlook Word editor. Is there a way to change >...

Outlook Level 1 Attachment Security
Hi, How do you disable Outlook 2002 Level 1 Security for attachments. Thanks Gerry Take a look here, it may help: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm "Gerry" <Kandels@bigpond.com> wrote in message news:077b01c34a03$4eebf630$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > How do you disable Outlook 2002 Level 1 Security for > attachments. Check out http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm "Gerry" <Kandels@bigpond.com> wrote in message news:077b01c34a03$4eebf630$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > How do you disable Outlook 2002 Level...

Email link to update Outlook --- Calendar
Anyone knows how to send an link within an email, inwhich the Recipient can click to have the their Outlook "Calendar" automatic updated with appointment information. I have seen this work, can't find inforamtion on how to create this link. Thanks ...

html or plain text in email
Using MS Outlook 2000, when I want to reply to or forward an email, how do I get that reply or forward to be in html rather than plain text. When I create a new email it defaults to html, but when I reply or forward, it defaults to plain text. Thank you. using the forward or reply/all from menu the message will take on the config of the original sender. So the sender of the this message has txt as default editor. If you want to use your default (html) you will have to create new message and copy all text out of original past in your new message. Hope this helps. >-----Original ...

Fast Campaign through eMail-Mass and Word / Wich Security-Role rights?
Hello, i hope i could explain it correct what my problem is. One of our Sales/Marketing guys needs the Security-Role-Right to make Fast-Campaigns through the Assistent and Word. (We use the German version of CRM so i have no clue how these Menu's named in English, so i do straight translate them as i think it fits! ) He right now goes through the Outlook CRM Client into the Marketing Menu, then opens the Marketingslistings and selects a campaign and has on the Top Menu Bar the Fast-Campaign-Button wich opens up the Assistent. He then fills some forms, and comes to the point where he co...

Unable to display the folder. The inbox folder could not be found
I'm new to Exchange. I'm setting up a very small exchange system at home (MSDN), in order to learn a little about it before making the decision to move to it in the office or not. My home server is acting as both a PDC and Exchange Server. All appears to be fine, and I can access my exchange account, while my other half can access her exchange account. However, although I've given myself access to my other-half's inbox (sharing, given my user "Publishing Editor" access to her inbox), when I attempt to open her inbox from Outlook, I receive the message "Unable...