Incoming Emails #2

Do I always have to click the "Send/Receive" button in order to get my new emails?
0
anonymous (74722)

No, you can go to TOOLS, then SEND/RECEIVE SETTINGS and then DEFINE
SEND/RECEIVE SETTINGS and in the box's shown, you can tell Outlook to
automatically send or receive your messages every XX mins.
Tedd

--
Tedd Riggs
PDASquare Content Developer
"wj" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Do I always have to click the "Send/Receive" button in order to get my new
emails?

0
Tedd
1/11/2004 4:01:51 PM
Thank you so much!!
0
anonymous (74722)
1/11/2004 4:41:15 PM
Thank you very much!
0
anonymous (74722)
1/11/2004 4:56:08 PM
One more question. Do you always have to wait for at least the minimum of one minute or can the emails come in as soon as they are sent? Thank you!
0
anonymous (74722)
1/11/2004 5:01:11 PM
On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 09:01:11 -0800, "wj"

>One more question. Do you always have to wait for at least the minimum of one minute or can the emails come in as soon as they are sent? Thank you!

The one minute interval is the lowest possible time setting capable of
being selected in Outlook.

However, be aware that checking for mail every minute puts an
unnecessary strain on both your computer's resources and your mail
server.

Why do you feel the need to check for mail every minute? Checking for
mail every 15 minutes should be often enough for most purposes, IMO.

Best regards.
--
Rich Cervenka
Chicago, Illinois, USA

0
UseNewsgroup (155)

Sent emails not being saved correctly
We are currently using Outlook 2002 with the ACT! 6.0 email integration. When we send emails from outlook and try to attach them to a contact, the emails are being saved on an individual workstation as opposed to our server making it impossible for anyone else to view those emails. We have contacted ACT! and all of our settings within ACT! are correct, so they are assuming it is an Outlook issue. Now, this is only happening on one workstation, all others work properly. Any suggestions? Thank you. Kellie ...

Having 2 workbooks open simultaneously
I have a wide screen laptop that can accommodate 2 Excel workbooks side by side. I used that feature for a while until sometime about two weeks ago something happened (I don't know what) and now I a only able to keep one workbook open at a time. When I try to open a second one, the first one minimizes. Can anyone tell me how to get it back so that I can once again view 2 workbooks side by side? Many thanks for your help -- Royal Did yesterday's response work: "How about just window|Arrange|Tiled (or whatever you want)" Royal wrote: > > I have a wide screen l...

Word Wrap in Email
Folks, I receive email without line breaks at the end of each line. CRM displays the text as one LONG horizontal line of text. Does someone know of a setting where I can have the CRM email window automatically word wrap at the end of the displayed window? Timothy -- CRM 1.2 /C360 user ...

Update for Microsoft XML core service 6.service pack 2
Updates are ready. Message bubble shows constantly. Updates won't load millypede wrote: > Updates are ready. Message bubble shows constantly. Updates won't > load Operating System? Service Pack level? Architecture? Anything that you have tried? -- Shenan Stanley MS-MVP -- How To Ask Questions The Smart Way http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html ...

Find a value in list 2 that is not in list 1
I have text values in column A and also in column B, most of which match. I would like to take the values in column B that are not in column A and put those values only in column C. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Maxxwell, Put this formula in column C, and copy down. =IF(ISERROR(MATCH(B2,$A$2:$A$20,0)),B2,"") To get them contiguous, use Autofilter, filter on nonblanks in column C, and copy/paste to somewhere. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "maxxwell2" <maxxwell2@discussions.microsof...

How do I stop 1 day tasks splitting over 2 days?
I am using Project 2003 and it has got an annoying habit of splitting most tasks with a duration of 1 day into 7 hours of work on one day and 1 hour of work the following day when you look at them within the Resource Usage view. This is mucking up my Gantt chart as the tasks effectively look as if they are 2 day tasks (although the duration cell definitely says 1 day). Any idea what is causing the problem and how do I fix it? Things to note: - The project calendar and resource calendars are definitely showing 8 hour working days (8-12 then 1-5) so that isn’t causing the probl...

Sending email closes out Word
Whenever I send an email, it automatically close out my Microsoft Word. Any suggestions? ...

Multi incoming e-mail
Hi, I have a problem I have 9 e-mail domains that are incoming mail to an exchange 2003 server, what I want to do is this ! @domain1.com will be the e-mail address I will use But I will accept mail to @domain2.com and @domain3..9.com and when I get e-mail to those domain I want to rename them to @domain1.com and insert them into the exchange store. Is there anyway to do this ? with out having to insert e-mail address for each domain for each user have many user and short live :-) Thanks In Advance Aegir Thordarson ...

Confidentiality Notice #2
How do i configure Exchange 2003 to add a Confidentiality Notice at the bottom of all outgoing emails?? Can this be done without using Visual Basic? Thanks, Greg ...

need to find the file that Outlook emails are stored in
there is one file that contains all the outlook email and information. i need help to find it. also, how can i view Hidden Files? thanks arthur Open Windows Explorer and select Tools | Folder Options. Select Show Hidden Files and Folders and uncheck the option to hide protected operating system files. OK out and open the search panel (f3). If you are using Windows XP, you need to configure the search to look for hidden items. If all goes right, you should find your *.pst file(s) under \documents and settings\<userid>\local settings\application data\microsoft\outlook. -- Neo [...

Multiple Email Addresses
I have a contact with multiple email addresses (2 addresses). When I address an email message to this person, as I type in her name my automatic name lookup puts an email address in for her that isn't in my personal address book or contact list. It is a valid email address for her, but one that I don't want to use. I only want to pick from the 2 addresses that are in my personal address book and contact list. So, where is Outlook coming up with this 3rd address and how do I delete it so that Outlook doesn't use it anymore? OL doesn't look up to contacts for 'au...

failure to find an email address
I have one particular entry in my address that does not seem to work as an email address. When I specify the Contact's name as an email address, Outlook insists that it can't find the associated email address. Does anyone know why this might be? There are a couple hundred other email addresses in the same address book that work just fine so it just doesn't make any sense to me why this one doesn't. -- ---------- Richard Lewis Haggard Explain what you mean. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Richard Lewis Haggard" <HaggardAtWorldDotStdDotCom> wrote in m...

Outlook wont send from the email directly
I can send mail when hitting the send button on the main Outlook 03 window but if I reply to a letter it just goes to the outbox. What am I missing? Thankyou Lew/+Silat Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "WOW, WHAT A RIDE" ...

Only Running New Email Noficication
How do I receive new email notifications in the windows notification area without having the full Outlook 2002 program running all the time? (and thus using up valuable resources? We have an exchange server and are not on the same active directory as the server. Thank you for any help! ...

email notification #3
Can I get sound notification for incoming mail on additional mailboxes? You can setup a Rule to play a sound for a email account attached to the mailbox. To setup a rule, click on the Organize icon (with Yellow fragmenting square blocks) on the toolbar , and click Rule Wizard on the top right hand (for Outlook XP). Once you are in Rule Wizard, you could setup a rule for a specific email account that is associated with a mailbox, and to play a sound (you could select any WAV sound files). Srini Iyer "Neal" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1043701c...

Script to monitor email messages
Hi everyone, I hope someone can help me with my problem. I was wondering if it's possible to write a macro script that will monitor incoming emails and send info to an Access database? To make it more clearer, here's the scenario: I need to monitor emails wich have the word "Handovers" from specific groups and i'd like the macro script to put a "Yes" on one of the fields in an Access database. Is this even possible or do i have to ask someone who's more an expert on Access? Please, i hope someone out there can help me. Thanks, -- "excel newbie&...

Add comments to emailed publisher doc
I am sending an invitation as part of the body of an email. I want to add a comment to the email as well. Can I do this? Although your question was already answered three days ago, here's another take on it: Unless you are absolutely sure that all of your recipients can and will receive HTML emails, it is probably a better bet to send the invitation as a PDF attachment and place your comment in the body of the email. Many people will not accept HTML emails because viruses can be hidden within them. Bruce "slaine" wrote: > I am sending an invitation as part of the b...

Integration manager VBScript email problem
I am doing something wrong with my Document Error script and I can't pinpoint the problem. This script should send an email when a document error is encountered with a link to the log file (I would really rather send the file as an attachemnt, but I was never able to get it to work so this is the second best option). Everything with this script works until I add the file link in the objMessage.HTMLBody. It will send the message, however, the message just says "False". Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Thank you! 'Set path to the log files Set pFSO = ...

Pegasus email
How can I import or convert my Pegasus files into Outlook? Can Pegasus export its mail in any formats? "ASH18103" <ASH18103@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:45FE6049-4802-4D75-A5C9-CE06B57B816B@microsoft.com... > How can I import or convert my Pegasus files into Outlook? "Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]" wrote: > Can Pegasus export its mail in any formats? > > "ASH18103" <ASH18103@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message > news:45FE6049-4802-4D75-A5C9-CE06B57B816B@microsoft.com... > > How can I import or...

Forwarding Email #9
I have set up an Active Directory account and chose not to set up an Exchange mailbox. (According to previous posts.) Once this was done, I chose Exchange Tasks and Establish Email. I set this up to be the users home email address. The plan was that he works offsite all of the time and preferred using his external email (but he needs to be able to receive email@companydomain.com). In the Email Addresses tab (on user properties) it lists hisname@companydomain.com as well as hisname@externalemail.com. Messages are getting bounced back when trying to send to user@companydomain.com. ...

Outlook Express #2
I have Outlook Express installed on two computers at two separate residences. Both are set to check the same comcast email address. One works fine but the other I keep getting errors when I try to send out emails etc. Should I be able to use Outlook express at two separate locations to check the same email at different times without a problem. Sounds a bit like the problem I am having (see my post from earlier today). Both my PCs are configured the same: one keeps prompting me for the POP3 password for each e-mail account, the other I have been able to successfully save the pa...

2 Axes, same scale wanted
Hi Is it possible to set my second y axis so that the scale is identical to the first y axis. (My chart needs to have 2 axes as one plots daily values and one plots annual) but I find that excel automatically assigns diferent scales to each? This same reference should apply to dual axis charts. You can apply scales to both primary and secondary axes using worksheet cells via Jon's explanation below. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AxisScaleLinkToSheet.html -- John Mansfield http://cellmatrix.net "jonny" wrote: > Hi > > Is it possible to set my sec...

Data validation for 2 valid values
I want a cell to allow only 2 valid values but not have a drop-down list appear. How do I do that with Data->Validation? Data>validation>allow>list, put the 2 values separated by a comma in the source box, uncheck in cell dropdown -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Hall" <hall@garp.org> wrote in message news:ujuB%23w52DHA.2000@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I want a cell to allow only 2 valid values but not have a drop-down list > appear. > > How do I do that with Data->Validation? > > Using a list, as Peo suggested, will force users to match the ...

CRM 3.0 Installation Error #2
Receiving the following error during "System Requirements" step of the server installation: "One or more Microsoft CRM groups are not valid. The group scope must be Domain Local or Global. The group type must be Security." Environment: SQL Server 2000 CRM Server: Server 2003 SP2 Details: I am trying to reinstall CRM on one of our redundant app servers. This server was already running CRM but was uninstalled in attempt to fix an issue. CRM is still running on the primary app server. I am therefore connecting to an existing DB. The AD groups exist, have the correct ...

Is there a way to print out all emails from the same company all at once?
Hi all, Let's say I have a few emails from person B at company A, and a few emails from person C at company A, and a few emails from person D at company A; they all have the same domain address in their email addresses. Is there a way to print out their emails all at once in a batch? I am using Outlook 2003. Thanks a lot you might regroup them or put them all in a separate folder, select them, rightclick the selection and print.... -- I am what I am - the cow don''t make ham... "cfman" wrote: > Hi all, > > Let's say I have a few emails from pe...