Incoming email slow to come in

Don't know if anyone can help, but here goes.  We are running an
Exchange 5.5 server and I am running Outlook 2003.  Email that is sent
to me internally is very slow to arrive (up to 30-45 seconds),
including email I send to myself.  Nobody else in my immediate vicinity
is having the same issue, their email arrival is instant.  We have
reviewed Outlook settings and they are identical.  One strange thing is
this:  If I send myself an email, don't do anything, it will come in
within 30-45 seconds.  However, if I send myself an email, then
immediately send another email both of them will come in instantly.
Anyone ever seen this behaviour before?

Thanks,

Brian

Brian,

It sounds like you are running in cached exchange mode.

When in cached mode outlook will periodically check for new email (send and
receive function) and immediately send email when you hit the send button
(again running the send and receive function) which is why it will then
appear.

For more information press the F1 key in Outlook and search for 'cached mode'

Regards,
Elliott

"Brian" wrote:

> Don't know if anyone can help, but here goes.  We are running an
> Exchange 5.5 server and I am running Outlook 2003.  Email that is sent
> to me internally is very slow to arrive (up to 30-45 seconds),
> including email I send to myself.  Nobody else in my immediate vicinity
> is having the same issue, their email arrival is instant.  We have
> reviewed Outlook settings and they are identical.  One strange thing is
> this:  If I send myself an email, don't do anything, it will come in
> within 30-45 seconds.  However, if I send myself an email, then
> immediately send another email both of them will come in instantly.
> Anyone ever seen this behaviour before?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Brian

Outlook profile and emails disappear
This morning when I start my computer and open outlook, it asked me t create a new account. All my old emails are gone and I also canno locate any .pst file in my computer. Can somebody help me? How do retreive the old profile? Thank yo ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com cells <cells.14qmy1@outlookforum.com> wrote: > This morning when I start my computer and open outlook, it asked me to > create a new account. All my old emails are gone and I al...

Try that update which comes from the M$ Corp.
--pxulfresdind Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="xepmincpbkqfdfbp"; type="multipart/alternative" --xepmincpbkqfdfbp Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="zhaxriplmgq" --zhaxriplmgq Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Partner this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to p...

Can I delete an email file from M:?
Is it possible to delete a file/folder from the M: drive directly? Will exchange be able to track the changes? Thanks for the help ahead of time. That is not a good idea�I Strong recomend you do not directly access Exchagne IFS(M:) -- Jammy "ctrlgrid" <jkit001@yahoo.com> ���g��l��s�D :4f9d64d8.0410252347.662bbc48@posting.google.com... > Is it possible to delete a file/folder from the M: drive directly? > Will exchange be able to track the changes? > > Thanks for the help ahead of time. It is possible to do so. Not sure what you mean by will Exchange track ...

Automatically send email montly
I'm setting up scheduling on all the workstations to run cleanmgr.exe and AutoDeFrag.exe every month. When this task is complete I want the stations to e-mail the Log file (SchedLgU.txt) to me so I can check that the tasks ran properly. Is there a way I can automatically schedule the same e-mail & attachment to be sent each month? Cheers, Bruce Walker Take a look here, it may help: http://www.slipstick.com/dev/olforms/skedrpt.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all ...

Outlook 2007 Can't receive email messages
I am not able to receive emails through my pop3 account, I can only send. I keep getting the enter your password pop up window. Please help, thank you. Julio wrote: > I am not able to receive emails through my pop3 account, I can only send. I > keep getting the enter your password pop up window. Please help, thank you. Have you tried using the same login credentials recorded or used in Outlook when using the webmail interface to your e-mail account? Using the webmail client will let you know if the login credentials are correct and haven't been changed. If the logi...

Unable to use Word as email editor with outlook 2003 and exchange server
I am Unable to use Word as email editor with outlook 2003 and exchange server. Does anyone have a reason for this and/or a work-around so that I can use MS Word as the email editor. I have reviewed the knowledge base and cannot find a solution. Please help. Thanks, HR HR <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am Unable to use Word as email editor with outlook 2003 > and exchange server. Define "unable". What happens when you try. What version of Word? -- Brian Tillman ...

Automatic Emails
Hello I would first like to apologize if this has been asked before. I have seen some topic similar, but none the same. I am using Outlook 2003, and every morning I send the same email (with an Excel spreadsheet) to one person, CC'd to 3 other people. The Excel sheet never changes, neither do the recipients. Is there a way to set this up to automatically send this email every morning, Monday thru Friday? Thank you much Adam FT Benning, GA See if the info here helps: http://www.outlookcode.com/d/forms/skedrpt.htm <bladze420@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1135086118.903225...

View both incoming/outgoing messages by Thread or Conversation ?
Is it possible to view messages in outlook 2003 by Thread or Conversation, both incoming and outgoing, in a single folder, or Inbox, just like Outlook Express News Reader. For example: + Sent Message + Received Reply +Sent Message or Replied + Received Reply I tried using Arrange by Conversation Option in outlook 2003 Inbox Folder, but its just showing Inbox Messages, not Sent Items Messages. Best Regards, Luqman Change the view/arrange by settings in the Sent Items folder instead. Use Outlook's Navigation Pane view to make it easier to configure. "...

email groups
I have tried to send group emails of approx 40 names from my outlook address book......I got bounce backs from 12 the first time I sent and 12 additional names the second time...they are from different domains Technical details of permanent failure: PERM_FAILURE: Probe failed: Illegal To: address (invalid domain name): 'rita311@optonline.net' this is the message I get....can anyone help ? Regards Angelo39 ...

Maximum size of attachments on emails being associated to CRM
What is the maximum size of attachments on emails being associated to CRM? I believe it's about 5 MB by default. However it is configurable in the registry. I blogged it last Spring. I'll y to find it and post the link. "Denise" wrote: > What is the maximum size of attachments on emails being associated to CRM? Well I didn't blog it after all but I should and probably will shortly. There are two spots to change: In your CRM web.config: For security reasons, the max request length is controlled via web.config, to prevent DOS attacks. This is a standard ASP.NET co...

CRM Emails should be stored in the Sent Items folder
In CRM 1.2, When an email is created using the 'CRM E-mail' button in Sales for Outlook, the sent email is stored in the 'Drafts' Outlook mail folder rather than the 'Sent Items' folder. In addition, if the email is saved first rather than sent (which correctly stores it in the 'Drafts' folder), and then later sent from the 'Drafts' folder, the original draft remains in that folder and the sent email also appears in the 'Drafts' folder. This causes confusion for users who need to check CRM each time to satisfy themselves that the CRM Ema...

can not accses my email i get Error Number: 0x800CCC32
Unable to poll for new messages on your HTTP server. Account: 'Hotmail', Server: 'http://services.msn.com/svcs /hotmail/httpmail.asp', Protocol: HTTPMail, Server Response: 'Authorization Required', Port: 0, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC32 abe <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Unable to poll for new messages on your HTTP server. > Account: 'Hotmail', Server: 'http://services.msn.com/svcs > /hotmail/httpmail.asp', Protocol: HTTPMail, Server > Response: 'Authorization Required', Port: 0, Secure(SSL): ...

Exchange 2003 send multiple copies of same email to clients!
I have just finished the the basic setup of Echange 2003. It only manages about 75 email acounts. I have noticed 2 things and think they are related. Firts if there is no subject for email being recieved it will hang on that email and never download to client using OutLook or Outlook Express. I can go in and through the Web based mail and remove the problem email all goes back to normal. Secondly sometimes my clients will get multiple copies of the same email. I have one now that has four copies and everytime she opens her Outlook it gives her another copy. Any help as always appreci...

Can't receive emails 08-11-10
Account: 'Xnet', Server: 'pop3.xnet.co.nz', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Cannot connect to POP server 58.28.4.111 (58.28.4.111:110), connect error 10061', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC90 Now it's: Account: 'Xnet', Server: 'pop3.xnet.co.nz', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC18 "JetgirlNZ" wrote: > Account: 'Xnet', Server: 'pop3.xnet.co.nz', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: > '...

email outgoing msgs.
my email messages are not being sent. i have 4 in the outbox and they are not going out for three days Version of Outlook? Error messages when sending? al grentz wrote: > my email messages are not being sent. i have 4 in the > outbox and they are not going out for three days ...

Auto-attach to designated email recipient?
Please see the following: joe@smith.com.au (a managers email address) document.xls (a spreadsheet with a problem log for all staff to continually update) I need to know how to configure the joe@smith address in my outlook so that whenever I create a new email to it, the document.xls spreadsheet is already attached without me having to manually attach it. Is this possible in Outlook 2003? ...

Emails are not reaching my inbox as they are stuck in server
Anybody got an idea how to clear get emails that are downloading but not appearing in my inbox. My Squirrel hosting app can see them but I cannot get to them I am getting an error message saying there is a problem in my c drive with Word. I cannot carry out any action on Microsoft Outlook, including deleting items because of this error message. Thanks. What precisely does the error message state, in full? -- Kathleen Orland "Airtime Talk Back" <Airtime Talk Back@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9EC05B91-9656-4FF7-9B48-AC663460C502@mic...

Choosing contact for new case email
If I am in a Case and I create a new Email for that case, the To: address is by default populated with the Account associated with that Case. In most cases, the account itself does not have an email address associated with it. Instead of the Account, I would like it to be pre-populated with the Responsible Contact for that Case. I can change this manually, but it requires many steps. 1) Is there any way to customize this behavior so that the Responsible Contact is in the To: field by default? 2) When I click on the "..." button next to To: which brings up the Search dial...

on server reboot multiple emails get returned as undeliverable
I have an SBS 2003 server running exchange, all latest service packs etc. We have hit a problem a couple of times when on reboot of the server end users get emails returned as undeliverable as they have exceeded the delivery date. It does not affect all outgoing messages, and the destinations are valid. It is as though the SMTP gets stuck on some messages, and only notices on re-start. Any ideas? F Frank <noreply@127.0.0.1> wrote: > I have an SBS 2003 server running exchange, all latest service packs > etc. > We have hit a problem a couple of times ...

Size limits for incoming email attachments
I am wondering if anyone knows the size limit of email attachments that can be sent to and received by outlook express The limit will be set by the ISP (or at corporate mail server). Best bet is to contact the support line and ask what the message size limit and mailbox size limit is set to. "Patti" <LostNFunn@msn.com> wrote in message news:029901c36a40$d0ad37d0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I am wondering if anyone knows the size limit of email > attachments that can be sent to and received by outlook > express ...

Outlook 2003 not sending emails to Exchange server
Hopefully someone can shed some light on this problem. I have been searching the web and cannot find a solution. I am running exchange 2000 all SP's, configured so it is not an open relay. My accounts need to authenticate to send emails. This seems to work fine under any MS outlook or OExpress version except Outlook 2003. I have ran the outlook updates that are available on the MS site to no avail. the error message when selecting "Test Account Settings" is *************** Send test e-mail message: Outlook could not logon to the outgoing mail server (SMTP). The problem could b...

Receive new email notification for Inbox only
I have a number of rules operating in my Mailbox (Outlook 98), but I only want to receive the yellow envelope in the system tray when a new email arrives in my Inbox, not for the ones that are redirected to other folders. Anyone know how to do this? JGP <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a number of rules operating in my Mailbox (Outlook > 98), but I only want to receive the yellow envelope in the > system tray when a new email arrives in my Inbox, not for > the ones that are redirected to other folders. Since the messages come into your Inbox first,...

opening links in html email
Office 2000 now won't open page links in html-formatted emails, even with <ctrl> held. Links written in plain text emails will open. Any help with settings to change or any workarounds? -- manfred ...

How can I attach an email (from my Live Mail inbox) to a new email
Neither the Insert nor Attach functions seem to provide a way to do this (which I do with the paperclip icon and then Item in Outlook 2003 on my other computer). -- Derek Do it the other way round... Right-click on the message you want to send, and select either "Forward", or "Forward as Attachment" -- Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate http://download.live.com/wlmail "Derek" <Derek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:51D8BE48-9C22-4600-A73A-121726FAD430@microsoft.com... > Neither the Insert nor Attach func...

cant send emails 01-25-10
I get this error message. The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Fw: INFORMATION URGENT, Account: 'MALBIS', Server: 'smtp.live.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E can you please help me. Change your port to 587 and verify your other settings against these . . . Live.com Settings: Server names and ports: POP3 = pop3.live.com Port = 995 SMTP = smtp.live.com Port = 587 Checkboxes you need to check include: Server Tab: "My server requires authentication" (C...