Incoming email slow to come in

Don't know if anyone can help, but here goes.  We are running an
Exchange 5.5 server and I am running Outlook 2003.  Email that is sent
to me internally is very slow to arrive (up to 30-45 seconds),
including email I send to myself.  Nobody else in my immediate vicinity
is having the same issue, their email arrival is instant.  We have
reviewed Outlook settings and they are identical.  One strange thing is
this:  If I send myself an email, don't do anything, it will come in
within 30-45 seconds.  However, if I send myself an email, then
immediately send another email both of them will come in instantly.
Anyone ever seen this behaviour before?

Thanks,

Brian

Brian,

It sounds like you are running in cached exchange mode.

When in cached mode outlook will periodically check for new email (send and
receive function) and immediately send email when you hit the send button
(again running the send and receive function) which is why it will then
appear.

For more information press the F1 key in Outlook and search for 'cached mode'

Regards,
Elliott

"Brian" wrote:

> Don't know if anyone can help, but here goes.  We are running an
> Exchange 5.5 server and I am running Outlook 2003.  Email that is sent
> to me internally is very slow to arrive (up to 30-45 seconds),
> including email I send to myself.  Nobody else in my immediate vicinity
> is having the same issue, their email arrival is instant.  We have
> reviewed Outlook settings and they are identical.  One strange thing is
> this:  If I send myself an email, don't do anything, it will come in
> within 30-45 seconds.  However, if I send myself an email, then
> immediately send another email both of them will come in instantly.
> Anyone ever seen this behaviour before?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Brian

Duplicate emails #14
Running Exch 2003 Outlook 2003 client. Some users receive duplicate emails from internal users. The sender sends one message or reply to the recipient, and the recipient recives 2 emails on the same message Has any one ran into this issue... Any info would be appreciated. Thanks Steven I am having the same problem and came across this: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;212934&Product=out2K It doesn't provide an answer but sounds like what is happening to me. The mail that gets duplicate for me is filtered into a second inbox folder I created for "...

Email Signature 11-17-09
When I reply to an email, my signature superimposes over the sender's message. What am I doing wrong? ...

email subject
Hi, When i want to email, the detail of 'Subject' should be equal to specific cell, eg Cell H3 = YP123. ie Recipient:abc@abc.com Subject:YP123 I have tried to read www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm#Introduction, bu i cant find or maybe i overlook. How can i do this? [I am using Excel Xp , Outlook Express] Raymon -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com See the Tips section Raymond http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm#Tips -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "raymondsum" <raymondsum.y9m1y@excelforum-nospam.com> wr...

Wrong Email Size
Hi, I am using Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2003 (service pack 2). I have noticed that the size of emails with attachments are being displayed incorrectly. For example, there is an email with a pdf document (3MB) and a word document (800kb) and 4 lines of text in the body of the message - total size of 4MB. However, outlook 2003 is displaying the email size as 11MB. When I copy or move this email to a new folder the email size is displayed correctly as 4MB. Service Pack 2 for Exchange 2003 was installed last week on the exchange server. Is this a bug in SP2? Is there a fix available for this ...

Amount of Outgoing Email
Is there a simple way to determine home many emails are going out of our Exchange Server 2003 each day? You can do this with Third party software such Microsoft Management Pack for Exchange 2003 or you can turn on Performance Monitors and Counters, Brien Posey has written a great article explaining, http://searchexchange.techtarget.com/originalContent/0,289142,sid43_gci1190349,00.html -- John Oliver, Jr MCSE, MCT, CCNA Exchange MVP 2007 Microsoft Certified Partner "Jim" <Jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:51E318D1-AD08-4C62-ABD8-803A0F2D386A@microsoft...

Standard format "Signature" for outgoing emails.
MS Exchange 2003 & MS Outlook 2007. I would like all users to have a standard "Signature" format insert to each email sent. Can this be done? Hello 2Sweet, > MS Exchange 2003 & MS Outlook 2007. > I would like all users to have a standard "Signature" format insert to > each > email sent. > Can this be done? > Sure; See http://www.exclaimer.com/ Karl http://unlockpowershell.wordpress.com/ ...

Back up failing due to corrupt email
Hello, I have been having an issue with backing up using Veritas ver 10d on an SBS2003 server. Completed status: Failed Final error: 0xe000fe2d - The backup of the item is bad. Final error category: Resource Errors It appears the back up is failing due to several delivery status notifiations that are corrupt. How can I remove these files and have our back up complete other then modifying veritas registry key. Can I remove these files manually? WARNING: "\\servername\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes\Administrator [administrator]Top of Information StoreSync IssuesServer FailuresŒ...

Workflow question, regarding emailing to owner of another entity
I am trying to create a workflow rule to send email to account owner after two weeks when service ticket regarding to account is closed. When I'm creating email I can only find following available logical users (account/contact, account, contact,owner's manager, owner). I need to send the email to account owner. Is this possible somehow?? example case. Customer Test has owner Ted Tester, and his team member creates service ticket to Customer Test and closes it. I would like to send email to Ted Tester after two weeks after ticket is closed. As a reminder. I can send the email ...

***Delete UNREAD email >90 Days (Exchange 2003)
I'm trying to delete all UNREAD emails older then 90 Days. Recipient Policy will only let me select the date but there isn't a selection for UNREAD emails. Exchange 5.5 Cleanup Agent (I think that's what it was called) had a check box for UNREAD emails. Is there way to do this in Exchange 2003, or is there 3rd party app that will do this? Boy I miss Exchange 5.5!!! James jdduong@comcast.net when you create a recipient policy (mailbox-managed), you can set the age in days (i.e. 90 days) and size in KB for all items in the selected folder for which the policy applies t...

Full email address showing on sent emails?
Using Outlook 2000 for email (I checked this time, Brian!). In the sent file, *some* of my emails are not showing the full email address and only the name. Why is this so with some only? And how can I arrange that on all outgoing emails (as I compose them) and in the sent mailbox the full email address (including the @billyboggs.com part) is showing? TIA aalaan <aalaan@tpg.com.au> wrote: > In the sent file, *some* of my emails are not showing the full email > address and only the name. Why is this so with some only? What I suspect is that you have the Display Name define...

grabbing emails and paste into dist list?
Hi there, Okay, here's the scenario in Outlook 2003. I get an email from someone who has included about 50 important people in the cc field. I'd like to take all those email addresses and dump them into a distribution list in one fell swoop. So far, I hit "reply to all" and selected all of those cc email addresses, but I can not paste into a distribution list. How can I do this? Thanks, Gordon ...

Background Music/Outlook Email
I would like to add background music to an email message. I can do this so easily at home using Outlook Express, but Outlook stumps me. Any help greatly appreciated. Hi you may ask this in the Outlook Express forum and not in the MS Excel newsgroup :-) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Rosemary" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:38d401c48f7a$5b5fbec0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I would like to add background music to an email message. > I can do this so easily at home using Outlook Express, but > Outlook stumps me. Any help gr...

Entourage has stopped retrieving just one certain person's email
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Email Client: pop I have been receiving all my emails normally apart from just one sender, who i previously had no problems with. The email is sitting in my inbox when i log in via the browser account, however it just doesnt get sent directly from the sender. if I then send this person's email to myself, it gets delivered to my inbox. THe problem ahs only started in the last week, no settings have been changed and every other email is getting delivered. <br> My hosting provider says it is not their issue and they don...

Is it possible to add my own header to an email in Office Outlook or Outlook Express?
Hi all, I mean something like followings: X-MDaemon-Deliver-To: someone@somewhere.com or X-MyHeader: 123456 I'm able to do this via C# SmtpClient programmatically, but I want to this by an email application. Thanks in Advance Afshar Mohebbi > I mean something like followings: > X-MDaemon-Deliver-To: someone@somewhere.com > or > X-MyHeader: 123456 > I'm able to do this via C# SmtpClient programmatically, but I want to > this by an email application. For Outlook, you'd need to do it via code. I'd start at http://www.outlookcode.com. For OE, you'll wan...

Application Very Slow
I am using Access 2003 FE & BE application. My BE is in the server and about 15 Nos of simultanious users accessing the database with FE (MDE format) application which is on there own Pc's. For almost all recordset operations I have used "db.OpenRecordset("", dbOpenDynaset)" type in my FE application. If only one user is using the application, then it is very fast and just after any of other user logged on to the system then the whole application performance dropping down considerably. And also two users are not using the same form as well as not using the sa...

Email server 02-13-10
The smtp outgoing email with VISTA cannot be authenicated. Vista is not an e-mail client. Please post the error message in its entirety. You can left click on it to highlight and then right click to copy and then paste it into this thread. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Charles" <Charles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:62A2017F-A531-4E34-89CC-7FE3BD9849F0@microsoft.com... > The smtp outgoing email with VISTA cannot be authenicated. ...

Ignore incoming NDR's
I want my Exchange server to ingore ALL incoming DNR's. The SPAM is reaching D.O.S. proporsions. My server does not send NDR's, and I don't want it to accept them either. Since many admin's have turned this off on there servers as well, it's no longer a reliable indicator of a messages delivery success. In news:AD691DC4-A406-4F12-9405-D284751F460C@microsoft.com, Dakota Lightning <Dakota Lightning@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > I want my Exchange server to ingore ALL incoming DNR's. The SPAM is > reaching D.O.S. proporsions. My server does no...

.wmv files will not play directly from my email attachments but ..
..wmv files will not play directly from my email attachments but they will play when I save it to my desktop. I tried the troubleshooting suggestion on the Windows Media website. i.e. go to tools, options, file types and de-select midi file, click on Apply. then re-select midi file and click on ok. But that did not fix the problem. It won't work, then. There's something in how the program is handing the link off to WMP that WMP doesn't like. You don't mention the email program - I believe some use a protocol/method/somesuch that WMP doesn't understand. =...

cant send email to certain accounts
I started having an issue sending emails to any .net account yesterday. Here is the error I keep getting. I also can not get the Windows Mail help to open up. I click on it hit OK when the box pops up and nothing else happens. Thanks The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, ple...

Saving email attachments
Receive the following error message when selecting File, Save Attachments on an email with several files attached: File name is not valid ...

System/Organisation Settings and Email tracking Settings
my platform: Windows 2003 sp1,SQL 2005 & SQL reporting services,CRM 3.0. exchange is installed on a seperate domain controller. two weeks now into deployment and have managed to overcome most of the installation issues however I have noticed the following BUG: If i try to disable email tracking,or modify any properties within the email tracking settings window,the mail router will fail. 3 times now this has happened. the only way to fix it is to re-install CRM and do not touch the tracking options. ...

email form script to show email adresses of all recipients
I see there is a field in the attributes called torecipients but I cannot add it to the email form. Is there a way I can script this into the email form to show the email addresses of all of the recipients. My idea involved creting a new attribute called all_recipients and adding it to the form then doing a onchange for each of the to, cc, and bcc fields to update all_recipients. SO far it doesnt work. All the field returns is "undefined". Any help is greatly appreciated!!! ...

Internal emails bounce
Hello. I have a guy who's email messages are being bounced back to him with an undelivery report. This only happens with addresses Internal to our company (when he uses the short name ie. Kris as opposed to long email address ie. Kris@company.com). This is only happening to him as far as I know. Once he sends an email to someone and it's bounced, if he tries again, the email goes through fine the second time. The problam has not repeated a second time yet with the same address. Nothing has changed over the past couple days (that I know of anyway). This was an issue for...

Email tracking
I have turned off from my client, outlook and exchange server 2k email tracking options. But still, sometimes I get spam from mail-address which does not excists anymore, I get "mail was unable to blaa blaa" I'm sorry for the bad description, please ask if I forgot to mention something usefull. If I understand correctly...you receive mail stating "mail was unable to be delivered to xxx@xxx.com" AND you really did not send this msg? We see this often in our Org, it's due to someone externally sending the email/SPAM as your address (spoofing), and when the ...

Problem when I send email
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0016_01C6C872.7CE35CE0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I'm having this problem with a new exchange server that I had installed. = When I send an email it returns the email saying: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: Tst Sent: 8/25/2006 3:53 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: userxx@yahoo.com on 8/25/2006 3:53 PM You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, = contact y...