inbox.dbx infected with netsky !!! HELP!!!

I have one windows xp pro laptop with outlook express

the inbox.dbx file seems corrupted because months of email just suddenly
went missing for no reason

I suspected that it is corrupted

I installed easyrecovery pro and ran the emailrepair function to recover the
inbox.dbx file

I successfully recovered most of the mails

But when the easyrecovery emailrepair is just about to write the repaired
inbox.dbx file into the hard drive, my symantec antivirus corporate edition
complains that the repaired inbox.dbx file is infected with the NETSKY virus
.... and deletes the inbox.dbx file because it could not clean it ...

I recover the inbox.dbx file the second time and this time I switched off
symantec antivirus and emailrepair wrote the file on to the hard drive.

I then download the netsky removal tool from Trend Micro, Symantec and
Mcafee to try to remove the netsky virus from the inbox.dbx file

All 3 removal tool could not find the netsky virus in the inbox.dbx file !!!

Now when I start symantec antivirus ... it immidiately warns that the
inbox.dbx file is infected with the netsky virus and deletes it because it
could not clean it ...

can someone please tell me what I can do to clean the inbox.dbx file of the
netsky virus ???

Thanks ...

Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them.
Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports.
Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups.

You can also find some good Outlook Express information here:

http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Andy Yeo asked:

| I have one windows xp pro laptop with outlook express
|
| the inbox.dbx file seems corrupted because months of email just
| suddenly went missing for no reason
|
| I suspected that it is corrupted
|
| I installed easyrecovery pro and ran the emailrepair function to
| recover the inbox.dbx file
|
| I successfully recovered most of the mails
|
| But when the easyrecovery emailrepair is just about to write the
| repaired inbox.dbx file into the hard drive, my symantec antivirus
| corporate edition complains that the repaired inbox.dbx file is
| infected with the NETSKY virus ... and deletes the inbox.dbx file
| because it could not clean it ...
|
| I recover the inbox.dbx file the second time and this time I switched
| off symantec antivirus and emailrepair wrote the file on to the hard
| drive.
|
| I then download the netsky removal tool from Trend Micro, Symantec and
| Mcafee to try to remove the netsky virus from the inbox.dbx file
|
| All 3 removal tool could not find the netsky virus in the inbox.dbx
| file !!!
|
| Now when I start symantec antivirus ... it immidiately warns that the
| inbox.dbx file is infected with the netsky virus and deletes it
| because it could not clean it ...
|
| can someone please tell me what I can do to clean the inbox.dbx file
| of the netsky virus ???
|
| Thanks ...

0
MillyS9060 (3207)

Help with reports
hello friends this forum. I have a problem with a report that I generated, the report goes well and shows no problem, but when I select the option to export, export and press this button disables me, and so do all the buttons I can display reports collaborate. many thanks A report you generated how? With what? -- -- "CRISTIAN ANDRES OSORIO GONZALEZ" <CRISTIANANDRESOSORIOGONZALEZ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8B2D9785-9EEA-4795-AACC-C55B3CC52AA2@microsoft.com... > hello friends this forum. I have a problem with a report that I generat...

Need help to bring a modeless dialog to top
[I'm using VC++7 on Windows 2000) I have a modeless dialog and I need it to be on top & have focus everytime I show this dialog. But for some reasons, this dialog (most of the time) comes up behind another dialog (not its parent, but sibling). I have tried all of these but nothing worked SetActiveWindow SetFocus BringWindowToTop SetForegroundWindow The only thing that could bring this dialog to the top (but still doesn't have focus) is SetWindowPos with wndTopMost, but of course it keeps the dialog on top forever, which I don't want. I also tried to combine SetWindowPos (wit...

Newbie: Help me choose a book?
I was given a gift card for Christmas so I could buy myself a book on Access. While that's a very nice gesture, it really limits my choices, and excludes one or two that were recommended to me. Below are what seems to be the best choices within my budget for books that will take me from beginning to mid-level database construction and maintenance. I currently use Excel for almost everything, and am reasonably proficient in Word and Excel VBA. I can make a basic table, query, form, and report in Access. I currently have Access 2003, so that's what the following titles are limited t...

Help-I want to cancel the "Balance This Account"
I want to "reset" a bank account so that the "balance this account" will "clear out" all of what I've put in and it will be like I never used the frustrating feature. I must have entered a wrong date or something.... and I just want to be able to start from scratch. I hope someone knows how to do this. thanks, Nat Nat wrote: > I want to "reset" a bank account so that the "balance this account" > will "clear out" all of what I've put in and it will be like I never > used the frustrating feature. I must have entere...

Help - RMS 2.0 Installation Problem
Hello, I just installed RMS 2.0, and the"Add Item" button does not work in the Purchase Order. I click on it, and nothing happens. I have downloaded RMS 2.0 Service Pack #2, but have not installed it yet. Thanks, Greg That problem is addressed in one of the older hot fixes prior to SP2. Marc "gregfrgusa" <gregfrgusa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EEC0B25E-695E-4154-B770-398280F40F08@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > I just installed RMS 2.0, and the"Add Item" button does not work in the > Purchase Order. I click on it, an...

Repeated Emails HELP!
One of our user forwarded a legitimate email ( not Spam) to 50 recipients, and now some of them send email back to her asking to stop sending the same email. It's look like every 15 minutes they're receiving the same email message. I ran anti virus scan on her system and on our exchange 5.5 server and found nothing. Please Advice Thank you "im_tigerwoods" <im_tigerwoods@hotmail.com> wrote: >One of our user forwarded a legitimate email ( not Spam) to 50 recipients, >and now some of them send email back to her asking to stop sending the same >email. It'...

Help With Macro Modification
Hello, I have this macro which will copy a group of non-contiguous cells to another sheet. What I would like to know, is it possible to also make it when it paste to new sheet, paste it as a "paste link". I need to be able to change info on original sheet, but udate cells on other sheets as a paste link routine. Thanks JR Sub CopyMultipleSelection() Dim SelAreas() As Range Dim PasteRange As Range Dim UpperLeft As Range Dim NumAreas As Integer, i As Integer Dim TopRow As Long, LeftCol As Integer Dim RowOffset As Long, ColOffset As Integer Dim NonEm...

stuck in a jam help please
i need to set up remote backup at my bosses house. he dosen't want to use any internet services or tapes. he wants the server to backup on a computer that we have purchased with a 150GB hard drive runniing xp pro. first is it gonna even be able to back up a server from to a xp pro version??? and next what would be a good product to do this??? help please On Thu, 22 Jun 2006 13:44:01 -0700, tmolaee <tmolaee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >i need to set up remote backup at my bosses house. he dosen't want to use any > internet services or tapes. he wants the serve...

I want my INBOX messages to arrive showing FROM, not TO:
I want my INBOX messages to arrive showing FROM, not TO: Obviously the messages arriving are to ME...one of my profiles is normal and shows who the message is from , but with on eof my profiles, a new message is displayed showing it is TO and my email...I want it to display FROM: and whoever they are. Hi, You can customize the view for each Outlook folder to display only the fields you want to see, as well as in what order you would like the information displayed. To change your view, open the Outlook folder (in your case, the Inbox). Right click on the gray title bar and click on ...

Creating CHQ and CHW file for HTML Help system
Hi All, I am creating CHM Files using HTML Help workshop. But I also want to create CHQ and CHW file. How I can create these files. Thanking you Regards, Ritu, > I am creating CHM Files using HTML Help workshop. But I also want to > create CHQ and CHW file. How I can create these files. A .chw file is automatically created when you merge multiple help files at run time and then click the Index tab of the "master" file. You can find instructions on how to merge help files here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/htmlhelp/html/vsconmerge2.asp The .chw file stores ...

error 80040223 HELP, workflow won't work
I'm trying to get my workflow rules working in CRM but I keep having all sorts of problems. I'm trying to make a rule that will change the owner of an appointment to a user (all appointments go to one SERVICE user). well, I made the following rule when appointment is created update organizer = servicetech servicetech :user its a pretty simple rule, when an appointment is made it changes the organizer (whoever made the appointment) to service (the person who will go to the appointment) for some reason I keep getting an error in the log error 80040223 only the owne...

Need help with SQL Query
Our database consists of over 10,000 items. I'd like to re-organize and format alot of the items we have in our database. For instance, I'd like to do something simple like search all items in the database with a description of "7 1/8" and replace it with "718" and so on. Is there a site or a point of reference to refer to for using basic SQL commands for use with RMS? Another example of where I could use SQL would be for assigning select dept's/cats/items for a certain sale promotion instead of having to goto the properties of each item and manually selecti...

POP and STMP...Help
Hi, We have a network running with Win2k and Exchange 2000 servers. Internal mail is working great, but now we would like to send and recieve internet mail. We have an ISP and we connect to it with a fast DSL modem. What I did so far is to add a second network card in the Exchange server, so I have the local network as well as a connection to the internet and they both work fine. I know little about Exchange 2000, but I managed to send out e-mails using Outlook 2000 from several workstations, having added a SMTP Connecter. Th eproblem is I just can' figure out how to receive POP3 mail f...

help with order by
Hi, I have the below query, it works fine, but when I change ROW_NUMBER() OVER(ORBER BY RNumber DESC) to ROW_NUMBER() OVER(ORBER BY RelatedTo DESC) it says Invalid column name 'RelatedTo'. Is there anyway around this? as I'd also like to sort by RelatedTo, this is being used in an application where they might want to sort by that. SELECT RSeqid, RNumber, RName, RDate, RChangeSeqid, ROW_NUMBER() OVER (ORDER BY RNumber DESC) as RowNum, (CASE RTypeSeqid WHEN 1 THEN 'App - ' + (SELECT b.ApplicationName from [Application] b where e.RApplSeqid = b.ApplSeqid) WHE...

Program Icon Help Needed
I have a vc++ program that has a modeless dialog box as its main window. When the program starts the main window is invisible and the program icon appears in the system tray. When I double click on the icon in the system tray the main window appears by calling the ShowWindow(SW_SHOW) command. When I press a button on the dialog, the main window hides itself again. All this is working perfectly. Now the problem is with the icon that appears in the bar at the bottom of the screen in the area next to the system tray. Not sure what you call this area but every program that is running displays a...

Outlook 2002 exporting of calender infor: help required
Hi all Where i work they have recently banned us syncing our pdas to the network. This was a pain for me as I am on the move a lot and need my calender and contacts. I managed to get round it by exporting pst files, sending them home and syncing there. However, they have cottoned on to this and have banned exporting pst files. I have pointed out that there is nothing stopping me printing out my calender and typing it all in so they arent really getting far with this policy However, anyone got any bright ideas how else i can get round this electronically? Are the calender and contacts stor...

Help with payee
I have a payee I haven't used in over a year, since then I have upgraded to Money 2005. This is my local phone company so I am trying to set up a recurring bill. When I put the payees name in the field the old address and account number pop up. No problem, I edit the address to reflect the current pay to address. But for some reason the account number field is grayed out. Fine, as annoying as it is I go over to the Payee's list to edit that. Nope, everything there is grayed out too. Ok, let's delete this payee, surely that will fix it. Ok, deleted. Now I go back to ...

help with Chkdsk XP hanging
Hi, I have a problem with chkdsk on XP sp3. I have never run chkdsk on it before, and decided to do a defrag/chkdsk on it as regular maintenance. The system has been running fine and has ATT McCafee antivirus/spy running on it and is suposedly clean. I selected chkdsk from disk/tool properties tab and it said to restart. After restarting, the bios screen shows and the XP splash screen shows with the progress bar, then it goes blank and appears to hang. The drive light is on as if something is running. I have run chkdsk on my netbook with XP and it shows a blue progress scre...

HELP. Can't send HTML in Outlook 2003
I want to make a newsletter, formatted in HTML, that I send using my Outlook 2003. So as a test, I took the html source code from a simple table I made and pasted the code into a new message in Outlook. I then sent it to myself. When I receive the email, all I see is the HTML code, NOT the table!!! I have tried this in HTML mode and Plain Text mode. I have tried using Word as my default editor and using Outlook as my default editor. I have sent dozens of tests. No matter what I try, when I receive my test email, I always see the HTML code, never the table or other formatting. What is g...

MS office Word, Powerpoint not working, HELP
I noticed shortly after the new year my MS Word and Powerpoint do not work, the programs ask for the Key code for installation. I plugged it in but it doesn't recognize it. My Excel works still and I noticed I have 2 versions of MS Office installed. Could that cause problems. I have MS Office Standard Edition 2003 and MS Office XP Standard for Students and Teachers. I am not sure what the difference is or if the latter is additional. Any thoughts why my Office would suddenly require a product code key and not load? Thanks! -- mangela ------------------------------------...

Help
I am using Exchange 5.5 SP4 + IIS 4.0. OWA often stops response after installing the Mailbox Manager, says - error 'ASP 0115' Unexpected error /exchange/CHS/logon.asp A trappable error occurred in an external object. The script cannot continue running. When this happens, I can't stop and restart WWW publishing service with Control Panel, the only way is to reboot the whole NT system. Have stopped the mailbox manager service and reapplied SP4, but just useless. Pls help! Thanks! I've never heard of that happening. You might try reinstalling Exchange to reinstall OWA. ...

HELP!Third party solutions for my delivery and cash collection pro
Hi, I need a third party solutions for my problem. I have 6 invoices A, B, C, X, Y Z. I want to be able to choose which invoice will be sent in schedule 1, which invoices will be sent in schedule 2. For example: schedule 1 contains invoice A, B, C. Schedule 2 contains invoice X, Y, Z. When schedule 1 has been delivered, we will receive the delivery report. If there is an invoice which is not delivered, we have the option to re-deliver it or void it. For the invoice that has been delivered, we will be able to post it automatically without opening sales trx entry module again to post th...

Question on delete mail > 30 days? Please help.
I have created 5 mail boxes for store a large volume email (for management), In existing, the mails in the mail boxes are delete every week manually since they use up more than 3GB HD. How to set a rule/resouce kit/any SDK to delete all the mail date longer than 30 in these five mailboxes? I would like to schedule it to delete mail date longer than 30 days every mid-night. Thank you! You could try creating a mailbox managee settings recipient policy set to delete items older than X days from user mailboxes with a custom attribute value of a specified string. Thank You so much, I just go...

Help, photo won't print
I scanned a photo that is a weird shape, it's a rectangle with an inset picture that is a square sitting on the top left. It's from a magazine article that I have permission to reprint in my newsletter. Because of the strange shape and I wanted text to wrap close to the inset picture on top, I created a transparent area so that the text would wrap close to the picture. Now, when we try to print that page, we get an X and a blank area where the picture is supposed to be. Is there any way for me to get this picture to print? It was scanned in Photoshop Elements and I saved it as a jp...

OWA doesnt display inbox items when clicked on.
I work for a private school, so money isn't flowing endlessly for out IT department. Having said that, we are still using exchange 5.5 (quite comfotably and securely actually). The version of OWA with 5.5 works great for about 95% of my faculty members. However, for a few, they can login to OWA fine and see thier inbox items fine, but when they click on those items to read them, a box appears on screen for a split second, then disappears. It is almost as if their built in pop-up blocker is running, but even disabling that doesnt fix this problem. Any suggestions? thanks in advance jazz ...