Inbox wont synch with exchange server

Ongoing problem, Outlook 2003 will not display contents of Inbox in Cached
mode. Other email folders display content OK.

Uninstalled Outlook 2003, deleted the *.ost File and reinstalled Outlook -
problem persists.

Synch Properties of Inbox folder show how many items in server ( 265 ) and
how many  items in Offline Folder contents ( 0 ) Also says last synch on:
Never.

Other email folders are synching OK

What to do ??

Server is SBS2003 Pro SP 1

0
pcoleman (13)

For those that are interested , the proble was caused by a corrupt Mail
profile on the local Client.

It was solved by opening 'mail' in control panel, deleting the profile that
was there and adding a new one.

"Pat Coleman" <pcoleman@foodireland.com> wrote in message
> Ongoing problem, Outlook 2003 will not display contents of Inbox in Cached
> mode. Other email folders display content OK.
>
> Uninstalled Outlook 2003, deleted the *.ost File and reinstalled Outlook -
> problem persists.
>
> Synch Properties of Inbox folder show how many items in server ( 265 ) and
> how many  items in Offline Folder contents ( 0 ) Also says last synch on:
> Never.
>
> Other email folders are synching OK
>
> What to do ??
>
> Server is SBS2003 Pro SP 1

0
pcoleman (13)

Exchange 5.5
Is there a way in Exchange 5.5 to accept mail addressed only to the local domain and drop everything else, with no NDR to the sender? I know how to block inbound mail from specific addresses and domains but not how to accept mail for local domain only. I'm running Exchange 5.5 on Win2k. Thanks. On Tue, 24 May 2005 11:37:08 -0700, "coop" <coop@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there a way in Exchange 5.5 to accept mail addressed only to the local >domain and drop everything else, with no NDR to the sender? I know how to >block inbound mail from specif...

Outlook and Exchange 2010 List of Bug Fixes
Hello-- I work for a large corporation that is currently running an Exchange 2007 cluster with clients on a mix of Outlook 2003 and some 2007. We are having issues with delegates and scheduling and have referred them to the article regarding Essential Do's and Don'ts and yet the issues of random calender items disappearing, etc. etc. continue to occur. See: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA011276781033.aspx So, my question is if any of the consequences associated with the items mentioned on the website I referenced are resolved with Exchange 2010 and the ...

Major problem. Exchange 2003 can't send to Exchange 2000
Hello, I am in the middle of upgrading from Exchange 2000 SP4 on an old server to Exchange 2003 SP1 on a new server. Some of my users' boxes are still on the old 2000 server. They can send to the users on the 2003 box with no problems. However, the users that are on the 2003 server cannot send messages to the users on the 2000 server. Their messages are just being queued on the new server waiting to be sent. I assumed the Exchange machines within a domain would communicate with eachother without any problems but that doesn't seem to be true. (Although it's strange that the 2000 ...

Remove Exchange 5.5 after migration to 2003
Hi Folks, I'm trying to delete an old Exchange 5.5 from my organisation (migrated to 2003), but I get the error: "You cannot delete the last public folder store from the site" ????? Any idea? Saludos, Pablo Vernocchi vernocchi@pcoffice.com.ar.delete.this Buenos Aires, Argentina Saludos, Pablo Vernocchi vernocchi@pcoffice.com.ar.delete.this Buenos Aires, Argentina I have this issue as well, there is a document: ARTICLE ID: 822450 "How to remove the last Exchange server 5.5 from an Exchange server administrative group" Essentially, you need to do it through the...

Exchange 2003 16gb limit/cannot shrink priv1.edb
I've got a major problem. I'm doing a migration from exchange 5.5 to exchange 2003. I have no other issues other than hitting the 16gb limit. (ie: server works fine otherwise) a) my source server has a priv1.edb of 11GB b) copying half my users over using the exchange2003 migration wizard, (the other half of users are inactive, planning to move to pst), I have suddenly managed to hit 16GB limit. --- how does less than 11GB of data suddenly expand to 16GB? is this microsoft screwy way of forcing me to buy exchange enterprise? (ie: using char instead of varchar....grr) --- so ...

Exchange Enterprise 2003
Hello All Can anybody tell me if Exchange Enterprise 2003 databases can span drives. The would be 2 seperate drives. Cheers Chris A single database (EDB/STM) cannot span 2 drives (unless it's a striped volume). On Ent Ed., you can create multiple smaller databases and place them on different volumes. You can also place the database (EDB, STM) on one drive, and transaction logs on the other. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT -------------------------------- "Chris Shuker" <chriss@pedmore-computers.com> wrote in message news:diglqe$ajb$1$8300dec7@news.demon.co.uk... >...

Exchange 2007 OWA external url
Hello Everyone; One question in Exchange 2007 OWA configuration: How do you setup the external url in order for your users to access the email server using the internet? My company is set up with an intenal network (10.0.0.0) and ISP that service internet access. The internal url for owa (https://servername/owa) is working, but the external url is not. Port 25, 80, 443, 110 is open and map to the email server. Any document out there that can direct me to configured the external address scheme of OWA EXCH 2K7? Thanks set-owavirtualdirectory "owa (default web site)" -externalurl...

Exchange storage problem
ok, here is the problem. A few of my users has a mailbox closes to 2GB and growning. My VP is telling me they need virtually unlimited mailbox storage. Please HELP!!!! Suggestions or recommendations??? Current Config: DL360 3.4G 1-CPU 4GB RAM 150GB SCSI U320 Windows 2003 SP1 Exchange 2003 SP2 Enterprises Exchange can support mailbox sizes larger than 2GB. If they use offline synchronization they might have problems with an OST file larger than that depending on their version of Outlook, however. If they use Outlook 2003, they might have problems with cached mode. Search the ...

Exchange Server statistics
Is there any way to pull Exchange statistics? For example, I'd like to know how many emails are sent from our Exchange server on a given day. Thanks Ctrystal Reports can be used. "JohnB" <jbrigan@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:ef1DB3ctDHA.2464@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Is there any way to pull Exchange statistics? For example, I'd like to know > how many emails are sent from our Exchange server on a given day. > Thanks > > Cool.... Never thought of that.... Where and what type of db is it? -- Regards, Hank Arnold "Andrew Sword [MVP]&qu...

Migrate exchange maintaining sbs
Hi guys, I've a very doubt about how to proceed with my project.. There is one SBS2003sp2 and I would like to install new Exchange 2010 on a separate windows 2008 standard server. These are steps that I want to do: 1) Install Exchange 2010 on new win2008 server (standalone, not domain controller) 2) move mailboxes on new server 3) stop all exchange services on SBS This should be enough to migrate exchange users? Could be some problems for SBS ? thanks very much for any advice Bye andrew In article <acf5bdb2-04c1-47fb-8334- 3367fa139c6c@k33g2000yqc.googlegroups....

Exchange admin account deleted, cannot delegate control
The title pretty much says it all, I inherited an Exchange box, and when trying to install Backup Exec to back it up, I wanted to delegate authority to the BE account. When I run the delegate authority wizard, the only account I see in there is a SID. I'll add an account (administrator) and click through it, but I get the error "Failed to grant permission for domain\administrator on this object" After clicking OK, I get "The delegation wizard could not grant/change permissions for domain/administrator. Any suggestions? Thanks On Mon, 05 Feb 2007 21:26:41 -0600, Daffy &l...

Exchange 2007 in environement with Child Domain
Hi, I intend install the Exchange Server 2007 in my environment that have 2 Child Domain. The Exchange 2007 will be in the root of my Forest. The link of the Child Domain vary between 128 Kbps and 1 MB. The procedure in that case is running Exchange 2007 with Forestprep in my root and in the Child Domains run Domainprep, ok? The mailboxes still remain in my Exchange Server, is that all right? Thanks for while. Luiz Yes, that's right. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "Luiz...

Exchange 2003: Changing the Storage Limits on multiple mailboxes at once
Hello, I have a large number of mailboxes that I need to change the storage limits on. Is there a way that I can do this to a list of users at once? I'd appreaciate any feedback or recommendations. Thanks, MAtt http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;319583 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822938 You need to create a new mailbox store and move those users to that store. Then set the limits on that mailbox store as described in the above articles. <MatthewBrown@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1139332288.446491.84000@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Hel...

Setting up e-mail without Exchange Server
Need some help here.... I want everytime a lead or an oppurtunity is created, an e-mail to be sent to a user... The problem is that i am not using an exchange e-mail server but an the e-mail server of my isp... I have created a rule in the Process Manager but where should i state the e-mail's server address? My best Regards Chris Hi Chris, You will be using SMTP to send mails out from the CRM server. You can configure the SMTP settings during the installation of the server. If you have already installed the server and want to specify the SMTP settings now, refer to http://sup...

Retrieve Exchange 2007 safe list
Hi, Is there a way to retrieve a user's safelist, on a per mailbox basis? I have an external custom filtering solution that I'd like to populate with this data. > Hi, > Is there a way to retrieve a user's safelist, on a per mailbox basis? I > have an external custom filtering solution that I'd like to populate with > this data. > Anyone ? On 3/15/2010 10:36 AM, Christian wrote: >> Hi, >> Is there a way to retrieve a user's safelist, on a per mailbox basis? I >> have an external custom filtering solution that I'd like...

Installing CRM 3.0 Plus Exchange Email Router
Hello, I have an SBS 2003 R2Premium with SQL 2005 Workgroup edition server at our office, there are 5 users. I am looking to install CRM 3.0 plus the Email router on a test box before I commit to installing it on the live system and am finding it difficult to understand fully the options I am presented with during the Iinstall. Is there anyone who could point me in the right direction to some guides to installing CRM server with explanations of the options involved. The more relevent reading the better :) Thanks for your time Dave Thank you for your time in answerring :) The links a...

exchange tracking logs off by one hour
has anyone resolved this issue with exchange 2003 and W2k3 tracking logs after DST patches? EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice http://www.eggheadcafe.com This may help: http://blogs.technet.com/dst2007/archive/2007/03/07/exchange-2003-message-tracking-off-by-one-hour.aspx -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- <knorman> wrote in message news:20073720731knorman@wichita.gov... > has anyone resolved this issue with exchange 2003 and W2k3 tracking logs > after DST ...

Exchange 5.5 Recommendations
Hi everyone. OK here is the situation. I have a client that has one Exchange 5.5 server running on an old HP Netserver LH3 dual 550 MHz processor machine with 1GB of RAM and Windows 2000 server installed. There are about 60 mailboxes on the server and a few public folders. OWA is installed on another server. They have a Windows 2000 domain. Pretty simple setup. It is a SCSI RAID 5 setup partitioned into C and D. Here is the break down on how Exchange is setup on the machine: Directory Database D:\exchsrvr\DSADATA Directory Transaction Logs D:\exchsrvr\DSADATA Directory Working Path ...

Exchange 5.5 to 2003 #6
Is there anyway to get a 2003 Exchange out of AD and go back to just 5.5? Having issues with the setup of the servers and want to go back to no 2003. Is this possible without too many errors? Thank you. -- Jacquelyn Mitchell You can do this: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;273478 You can then restore your Exchange 5.5 server's informaton store and directory back to the pre-migration state. Now, if you want to get the data off the Exchange 2003 server and put it back on your Exchange 5.5 server, that could be hard depending on the state of your migration...

routing outbound messages for exchange hosted services
We host a number of domains. One of them wants to use Exchange Hosted Services archiving. This requires us to route the outbound messages of those particular users to the frontbridge smarthost, while continuing to deliver the outbound messages of our other users in the traditional way directly to the recipients servers. Our environment is currently a mix of 2003 and 2007, but since we're migrating, we'd like to create the necessary configuration in the 2007 world. We asked this question of frontbridge (exchange hosted services) support and they were unable to answer it. They ...

Exchange 5.5 Message tracking ( urgent )
Can anyone remember how to enable message tracking on Exchange 5.5 Is it on the MTA Site Configuration properties or on Information Store properties, and where do you configure the number of days it is kept... It's been long time haven't worked with 5.5 Thanks !!! -- 2 places: http://www.promodag.com/kb/article.aspx?id=10015 "Thinkpad21" <thinkpad21@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:O2UnogX%23GHA.4428@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Can anyone remember how to enable message tracking on Exchange 5.5 > > Is it on the MTA Site Configuration properties or on...

Exchange 2003, Full Text Indexing, doesn't seem to be working at all ?
I have built my index, done a full populate, made it avail to users, and restarted the information store and my Outlook client. Did I miss any steps ? Any search I do in my inbox still takes several minutes and isn't any faster .. The Index in the system manager says it is built and ready for use, I am using Outlook 2000 .. tips advice ? ...

Add email disclaimers/signature to all users' email on the exchang
Hi, Would anyone telling me how to do this on the exchnage server? or I need to buy any third-party software ti do this? Because I don't want to do this on everyone's PC! You know this is a painful job! Thanks BW Aahhhh, the most popular topic in the newsgroups! :-) And, yes, by itself, Exchange won't do this. You could get an protocol or event sink that would do this or you can go to a third party. I have written a couple of things about this in my 'blog. Rather than re-hash it, I'll just give you the links: http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com/2004/07/how-do...

Inbox auto-deleted
I have Outlook 2003 which has the little pop-up shadowed window that shows up in the bottom right-hand corner when a message is received. It notifies you of the message and then gives you a chance to open it or delete it while working in other software on your computer. Yesterday, I deleted one of these email while I was working with Access and another software designed for our organization. My Outlook inbox was in the background behind what I was working on. When I deleted the email, my screen popped to a view of my inbox which showed that my email messages in my inbox were being...

O2003/O2007: How to delete E-mail from server when I move it from Inbox (Netscape-style functionality)
Hello, all. We're using Netscape, and would like to switch to Outlook. However, there's a problem: Netscape has the option to [X] Leave messages on server .... [X] Until I delete or move them from Inbox. <------ Outlook does not seem to allow this option - only deleting messages from server when deleted from "Deleted Items" folder. Reason this is a problem: we need to keep all E-mails archived in local folders, on each computer. Deleting them is NOT an option. So, here's my question: Is it possible to set up Outlook to delete a message from server when ...