Inbox showing messages count but nothing is showing on right pane

In Outlook 2002 after deleting all messages in the inbox,
the inbox message count will show that you have two
messages in the left pane, but the messages pane on the
right is empty. Any idea why this is happening. Hope I
explained my question clearly
0
hmandi (1)

Conduct an advanced find on the inbox and include any type of Outlook file -
what shows up in the results box?

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, mandi asked:

| In Outlook 2002 after deleting all messages in the inbox,
| the inbox message count will show that you have two
| messages in the left pane, but the messages pane on the
| right is empty. Any idea why this is happening. Hope I
| explained my question clearly

0
MillyS9060 (3207)

deleting messages #7
Outlook automatically sends messages from several senders that I would like to recieve to my deleted messages folder. How do I stop this from happening? I cannot find a list of those who are being deleted except to go directly to deleted messages. Is there a way to trun off these messages from being deleted automatically? The junk mail wizard is no help and does not list these senders. Help? ...

Need to find the maximum character count for Outlook Note
If anyone has information on the maximum character count or kb size of an Outlook Note, I would greatly appreciate having the information passed on. Thank you! ...

Extraction of messages from Outlook 97 .pst archive file
Dear friends, No matter how strange or unbelievable it may seem to you, I have been using Microsoft Office 97 since the day it was released and for 13 years until now. It worked fine both on my old computer running Windows 95 OSR 2 as well as on my new computer running Windows XP Professional SP3. However, a few days ago, I formatted my hard disk, installed Windows XP Professional SP3 from scratch and instead of the outdated Office 97, I downloaded and installed Microsoft Office 2010 Beta which works fine. The problem now is that I have an Outlook 97 archive Message.pst file...

count with data filters on
Is there a way in Excel 2003 to use one of the count functions on a sheet that is using data filters. If I filter a column so that, for example, 10 rows out of a total of 100 rows are currently displayed, to use a counta or countif function to count the rows filtered? In other words, I want the count function to return 10, not 100...thanks in advance for your help! Try using the SUBTOTAL function. The value returned is dependent upon the first argument (parameter) in the function. Example: =SUBTOTAL(9,A2:A100) returns the sum of visible numbers in a filtered range. Here are other 1st ...

Contact Error Message
Good Morning... Often times when I am trying to save an email address I know to be accurate to my Contacts, I get an alert that says "The contact information could not be saved. Check the contact's information and try again." There seems to be no rhyme or reason as to why this happens (no consistent type of address, etc.). Can anyone suggest why and more importantly, tell me how to fix it. Thank you! Could you elaborate on the method being used to 'save' an email address ? -- ...winston ms-mvp mail "MichelleB" <MichelleB@discus...

Message unavailable
Why do I get message unavailable on my repy to a posted query on this site Brian, I think the servers on the Microsoft CDO interface are having problems as many people have said the same thing. If you are using Outlook Express or another newsreader, the messages are all there, but according to CDO, most are not there. So hopefully they will come back soon. -- Tedd Riggs PDA Square Content Developer www.pdasquare.com Redmond, WA "Brian" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1476e01c3f8a6$64f31e20$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Why do I get message unavai...

Error message 7465 doesn't exist message
When I try to delete a user in GP 9.0 I get a popup with this message in it: Error message 7465 doesn't exist Can anyone tell me what that is supposed to mean? ...

Message box in a formula
hi i really need some help i need to create a formula or macro that looks at a cell and if it contains summin (e.g. the text 're-order') it displays a message box that says do you want to blah blah blah with options yes or no , no doing nothing yes linking to a macro/or another sheet etc. I can't find how to do this. can you have a message box in a formula and if not could this be done using a macro. it needs to be done automaticly so whenever text enters that cell it needs to realise straight away, not after manually clicking a macro button. can anybody help? would be s...

Right Click Pivot table -> Wizard -> Back button is disable
Why my Back and Next button is disable. I like to change data source??? Thank you - Ashok ...

Show/Hide Column and Row Headers
Hello, ive got difficulty how to show the column and row headers in Excel worksheets, can anyone help me? tnx! -- graz ------------------------------------------------------------------------ graz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27611 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=471335 Good morning Graz Try Tools > Options > Row & Column Headers (under the View tab). HTH DominicB -- dominicb ------------------------------------------------------------------------ dominicb's Profile: http://www.exce...

Counting Birthdays
Using Windows XP and Office 2007 Other calendar programs I have used in the past allow me to "count" the number of occurrences of an event like a birthday. I could set the recurrence to every year on that specific date and it would display as "Susie's 7th birthday." Although I can set the recurrence of an event like a birthday to every year on a specific date in Outlook 2007, I don't see a way to get a "count" of that event. Am I just missing it, or is it just not an available option? It's not a option. It is possible to show ...

How to connect to Message Store in Exchange 2007
Hi How do we connect to Exchange server 2007 message store in C++. Can we use MAPI?. If not how do we connect Thanks Ravi You can still write C++ applications and use MAPI. However to do so you will need to first install the standalone MAPI/CDO component on the exchange 2007 server. http://blogs.msdn.com/dgoldman/archive/2006/06/19/636996.aspx -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Dgoldman http://blogs.msdn.com/dgoldman "Ravi" <Ravi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5D7B4EC2-D43E-4909-9557-DE5185D04D58...

Daily Matrix View showing all days of monthn
Hi, I've created a Matrix View and want to display each day of a month in in a column. My data how ever contains only data for some days. How can a change the view to show 0 for days without data? Thanks for any advice in advance Adrian -- Adrian Miller "Adrian Miller" <adrian.miller@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:#rvt2rnoKHA.4836@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > I've created a Matrix View and want to display each day of a month in in a > column. My data how ever contains only data for some days. > > How can a change the view to s...

sent emails are not showing up in SENT folder; + signs, duplicate recved emails
first time user of this bb... of bb in general for that matter / where and how do I check for a reply? here goes... some of my sent emails are not showing up in SENT folder while others do... and sometimes when I send a SINGLE email, progress bar shows up and says "1 of 4" or "1 of 5" being sent also getting these weird "little grey +" symbols in boxes to the left of the envelopes in the MAIN window... appear to be random... can be next to a "read/opened" envelope or not... when you click on the '+' symobol, indent appears... .... th...

error message when backing up
I am currently running Money 2003. When I close Money and try to do a back up I get an error message that this operation cannot be performed. I am running Vista Home and I have tried to opoen Money as administrator. I get the error message no matter what. I can back up to the hard disk. Any suggestions. In microsoft.public.money, LAnne wrote: >I am currently running Money 2003. When I close Money and try to do a back >up I get an error message that this operation cannot be performed. I am >running Vista Home and I have tried to opoen Money as administrator. I get ...

deleting messages using M drive
Does anyone know if it is safe to delete individual messages by going into the M drive and deleting messages like you would delete files in a directory? Thanks, Mario Using the M:\ drive to do anything other than view the data is not suggested. If there is another way to delete the specific items, I would suggest you use it instead of the M:\ drive. This is why in Exchange 2003 we have removed the M:\ drive mapping. --Chris ============================================================================ ==== This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights....

Solution for changing default message view in Outlook 2003
I saw a bunch of people asking about this and, like others, found that using "Define Views" wasn't being applied to all folders. As near as I can tell if you go into "define views" and change a view by name (not current view), Outlook still applies the changes to the current view if the current view is set to the one you're trying to modify. So to change the default "messages" view on all folders, start Outlook with the "/cleanviews" option to clear things out. Click your inbox, and change it's view to "Messages with Preview" (Vi...

Signature not in message when using scan to email
Hi everyone! We're using Outlook 2007. When we use the "scan to email" function on our network printer, it brings up a new message in Outlook with the scanned image attached which is great, but the message does not have the default signature in it. When we try to add a signature it does not include the company jpeg and the font is changed to an old school computer font. Any ideas? Thanks for your help! -- fuzeillear See the answer you got in outlook.general For future reference; next time crosspost instead of multipost. This means that you'l...

Why does my pdf show up in Picture Manager?
I just upgraded to Office 2007 and am having trouble saving my word doc as a pdf. It keeps converting to a picture in Picture Manager. How do I fix this? It doesn't convert it to anything but PDF. Your problem is that Windows associates PDF with Picture Manager, because it is a graphical format and probably because you don't have Adobe reader installed. If you do have it installed, make Adobe Reader the default application for PDF. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham May...

Messages not getting through
I've been a user of the microsoft community for several years and have enjoyed the assistance in these pages. However, in the last few weeks, my posts haven't been making it to the Discussion Group pages. I get no error message and I am logged in. I post my question as I have done in the past and it appears to accept it. Then when I search for it after posting (even days later) it does not appear to exist and I receive no replys to my post. What could be wrong? -- Thank you, cs ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters ...

auto reply messaging
how do I set-up an auto reply message when I'm out of the office? If you are in an Exchange environment (ask your administrator if you do notknow) you can set the Out of the Office Assistant which is located under Tools. If you are not in an Exchange environment you can create a rule that replies on all e-mails. The downside of this is that you'll have to have your Outlook open all the time for the rules to process. Make sure you set some exceptions (for instance based on the subject field so it will not reply on subject with e.g. reply, failed, undeliverable, etc...) otherwhise you...

0x80004005 error message
I am using Windows Vista with Windows Mail and logged in this morning and clicked send/receive and it came up with this message: An unknown error has occurred. Account: 'Chris @ Home', Server: 'mail.btinternet.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x80004005 How can I get rid of it? I have uninstalled Nortons Internet Security and it still happens. Please help. Thanks The 0x80004005 error is usually a result of a corrupted message structure on the server. In your browser go to your provider's webmail portal and log in. Then cl...

Office 2007 intalled but get error message when accessing applicat
Hi, I have Office Professional installed on my laptop but every time I try to run any office application I get the following error message. "Microsoft Office <Program Name> Has not been installed for the current user. Please run setup to install the application" I am the only user and I have re-installed the program but I still get the same error message when trying to use Word or Excel. Any idea's? Ray Woods ...

Error Message 07-08-10
What does this mean? Account: 'coolaccess.net', Server: 'pop.coolaccess.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR syntax error', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18 It probably means that the mail server received a command from your Windows Mail that it does not understand or support. Go to Tools, Accounts, select that mail account, Properties, Servers. Make sure that "Log on using Secure Password Authentication" is not enabled. The other possibility is that your antivirus is interfering with Wind...

showing text in a dialog app's EditBox (newbie q)
Apologies in advance for a beginner question! (I'd really appreciate a pointer to a good tutorial or book for GUI beginner apps. I'm using VS6.) I've made a simple MFC dialog app. It does stuff after a button is clicked, and shows progress text in an edit box. Unfortunately the edit box text is not updated when I want it to be. Although the calls to UpdateData return success, the new text is not actually shown until the "do stuff" function is complete; that is, all of my progress text is shown too late. I've probably put the call to the "do stuff" functio...