Inbox items disappearing, or showing new messages with none showing

I have a user whose Outlook is exhibiting the strangest
behavior.  Twice now every message in his inbox has just up
and vanished, without being archived, or deleted by the
user, or moved to a .pst, or anything I would expect to
cause this behavior.  Also, occasionally he will see a
count of his new messages by his inbox folder, but will not
see the messages themselves show up in his inbox until like
an hour later.  I can connect to his mailbox as the admin
and see that the messages are there, but even doing a
send/receive on his mailbox will not reveal the messages.

The user is running Outlook 2002, off an Exchange 2000
server.  Anyone have an idea what the heck is going on?
0
anonymous (74722)

Outlook
Hi, We have a public folder - Orders - that our sales people forward orders to and they are picked up by accounts. Works great only some orders get processed twice or some don't get processed at all!! I am wondering if there is a way to automatically move a message to a subfolder, called Processed, when they are read? I know Move to Folder is easy enough, but anything we can automate would be great. Many Thanks. you'd need to use a script or VBA. Outlook doesn't have anything built in. I use Auto-mate to move messages later but I don't know if it works on public folders. ...

Conditional Popup message
I am putting together a spreadsheet that allows a client to enter ineterview criteria that is weighted etc. Part of this is allowing them to change the weights (pervcentages). I would like for a popup message to appear if the percentage goes over 100. I have roughly put this together Function ValueCheck(ByVal Target As Range, Maximum As Integer) If Sum(Target.Column) > Maximum Then Beep MsgBox "Caution, 100% has been exceeded!" End If End Function In the cell that shows total percentage I have =ValueCheck(B7:B28,100) I would like to try make it prett...

AfxMessageBox does not 'eat' key messages
Hi, I dont know if this is expected behavior, but it looks weird to me. In my app, I am using AfxMessageBox, and the user presses the key 'Y' or 'N' to answer the question. Everything goes well. However, my OnKeyUp handler, in my view window, also is called with the key (either Y or N). It is confusing. I dont need to see these letters in my handlers -- it confuses things. Is this suppose to be the right behsvior. If so, what should I do, to make sure that the keys pressed for the message box, are not passed to my handler as well? Thanks, Samantha. >In my app, I am ...

Problem adding new record in form view
Hi there, I have inherited an acccess database and have had to do some troubleshooting on an error message which is now sorted out. I now am unable to add a new record in form view, however if I enter the information directly into the table there is no problem. Please could you help with what might be going wrong? Thanks -- Snoozi Suzi Open the form in design view. Open the properties window for the form. Is the Allow Additions property set to yes? Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "SnooziSuzi" <SnooziSuzi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message n...

How to purge deleted items?
Hello there I have just started using Outlook to read my emails. One thing I couldn't do though; When I have deleted the unwanted mails, the mails remain in my mailbox although they appear with a strikethrough line across. I cannot find in Outlook any function similar to the function "Purge" in Outlook Express, which actually removes the deleted items completely from my inboxes. I have ticked the option which says something like "Remove items from the Delete folder when exiting Outlook" but upon exiting and restarting Outlook, the deleted items are still there....

Error Message #67
An error has occurred in your program. To keep working anyway click ignore and save your work in a new file. To quit this program click close. You will lose... I get this error message when I get new email or if I try to click File fro tool bar in Outlook 2002. Do anyone know what would cause this error message? Thanks Chris ...

Formatting 0 values to show blank cells
I am using the =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(...)),0,VLOOKUP(...)) to return a zero value. For printing purposes I need the 0 to not show in the cell (blank cell). I can do this by using the accounting format, but a dash (-) still shows in the cell. The sheet is protected to protect the formula. How can I protect AND not show anything in the cell WHILE keeping the value at "0"? You can use set the custom format to ;;""; See Worksheet and Excel table basics > Formatting numbers in Excel help file for details. "RLD" wrote: > I am using the =...

Office 2003 Opening a new Excel Doc.
I just updated to Office 2003 and everytime I open up a new workbook a blank workbook name PERSONAL opens as well. How do I change that from happeneing?? Thanx, Jesse Hi Jesse Window>Hide and save the personal.xls When you record a macro you have the option to save the macro in this hidden workbook so you can use the macro in all your workbooks. You can find the file in your Xlstart folder -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Jesse" <Jesse@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:65505D55-31EB-4BAA-A32D-B052F70E03AD@microsoft.com... >I just...

Automatically move messages to folders
I have set up rules in the rules wizard to send messages with words in the subject to other folders. I have followd all of the directions in Rules Wizard and at the end of the rule setup I get a message saying that this is a "client-only" rule and will only work when Outlook is running. These rules will not run automatically. They will only run when I go into the wizard and click run now. Is this the way it is supposed to work?? How do I get messages from a GM Inbox to other folders???? Help?? Is this the way it is supposed to work?? *** Nope... How do I get messages ...

Cannot open this Item Error message
Error (Cannot open this Item) comes up when I do a Search with in my Mail and try to up it. My mailbox is huge and has a lot of folders because I have to keep all my mail. But when I go to where the email is located I can open it with no problems. Bartlomiej...@gmail.com wrote: > Error (Cannot open this Item) comes up when I do a Search with in my > Mail and try to up it. My mailbox is huge and has a lot of folders > because I have to keep all my mail. But when I go to where the email is > located I can open it with no problems. I have Outlook 2003 What version of Outlook and ...

What happened to the New Form Dialog box; are there still autoform

sent items #3
when i click on my sent items all emails appear to be sent to myself instead of the recipent. please help ...

insert new row doesn't add formula
I have a table A2->M100 In the M Column I have a sum to calculate the total of that row =SUM(A34:N34) for example Now if I want to add a row into that table, I click on the number o the left, that highlights the row then I go insert>>row and that keep the formatting of the cells. BUT it doesn't add the =SUM(A54:N54) in the M column, and so I have ha to edit each cell by hand to get the correct formula. Is there an easier way to add a row and keep fomulas within that row but obviously automatically change the numbers to suit the row -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForu...

Forward multiple email messages at the same time in Outlook
How do I forward multiple email messages at the same time in Outlook? -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/outlook/201005/1 Insert the individual e-mail items into one new mail message and send that message. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, Shawn76 via OfficeKB.com asked: | How do I forward multiple email messages at the same time in Outlook?...

Outlook 2000: Printers Dimmed/Greyed Out in "Memo" (or Default Printer Printing) for HTML Messages
Quite a puzzle. Searched lots, no answers. So I thought I'd access the accummulated wisdom of this group. :-) Outlook 2000, Windows XP, any printer local or network. A recent problem, post SP2 update (which went without a hitch). Note: When I refer to the "Outlook Print icon" I mean the one on the top menu of Outlook. When I refer to the "Message Print icon" I mean the one that appears on the top menu of the message window. Normally, I would click on the Outlook Print icon to print an e-mail and it prints to the default printer. If the message is not Plain text, it b...

Exchange 5.5 E mail message
I have one user who: Gets E-mails about one month after the sent date and two gets a message in those one month old E-mails; from legitimate people that says: "No Message collected". I read on the internet, that AOL Had this "No Message collected" problem. I called and talked to an AOL mail administrator and he knew nothing about this problem. Anyone have any ideas what is wrong here. TIA, Jess tsqr55@yahoo.com "Jess" <Jess@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have one user who: Gets E-mails about one month after the sent date and >two ge...

User name does not show up in Global Address List in Outlook
We created several AD accounts with email. I look at the exchange server and the recipients policy is default. Is there an options or configurations I need to do so the user email address will automatically show up in the global address list? I am stump as to why it does not show up in global address list. they should, automatically...are the AD accounts stamped with an smtp address? If not, it would appear that your RUS is malfunctioning...if they are, you should be able to see them in the GAL unless you're running Outlook in cached mode, maybe, and your OAB is not updating... -...

VALUE error message
I would like I5 to equal F5+G5-h5. I get a value error message. one or more of the cells F5,G5 or H5 probably have text in them, either a number entered/pasted as text, or a "blank" made by pressing the space bar (and inserting a space character). For the first problem, copy an empty cell, select F5:H5 and choose Edit/Paste Special, selecting the Values and Add radio buttons, then click OK. This will coerce any "text" numbers to real numbers. For the latter, use the del key or Edit/Clear/Contents rather than the spacebar to clear the cell. Note that SUM(F5:G5,-H5...

reminders not poping up in the inbox subfolders
Does anyone have any idea why messages in the subfolders of the inbox would not come up. If I move the item to the inbox it self then the reminder popup comes up, but if the item that is flagged is in a subfolder of the inbox no notification is given of the reminder. You'll need an add-in for that; http://www.slovaktech.com/extendedreminders.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "christine" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>...

OWA Not Showing Outlook Messages
Hello-- We just did an Exchange switch from one server to another. We have one client who logs onto OWA and cannot see his messages nor his calender. Everyone else that has tried seems to be fine. If I send the client an email, it will show in his inbox in OWA. What could be causing this? How can I correct it? Specs: Exchange Server 2003 standard, with Outlook 2003. Many thanks, Stephen Deliveryset to Personal Folders on his workstation? razor wrote: > Hello-- > > We just did an Exchange switch from one server to another. We have one > client who logs onto OWA and cannot...

Outbox message about unsent emails.
Every time I sign off Windows Live Mail I get this message. You have unsent messages in your outbox. Do you want to send them now? It does not matter if I say yes, the message still comes back. I have checked my outbox and there are no messages pending. I am using Window 7 Ultimate 64 bit. Now do I get rid of this message. Check the Outbox folder in the Windows Live Mail (WLM) program. If you don't see any messages, select View (ALT+V), Show or Hide and make sure that Show all Messages is selected. You may need to select File (ALT+F), Work Offline in order to be able to ...

Error Message R6025
I´m getting the error message (-R6025 - pure virtual function call-), and it shuts money down every time I try to import a statement downloaded from bank. It says the error is on the money.exe file. What do I do? Reinstall? In microsoft.public.money, Trevisan BR wrote: >I�m getting the error message (-R6025 - pure virtual function call-), and it >shuts money down every time I try to import a statement downloaded from bank. > >It says the error is on the money.exe file. > >What do I do? > >Reinstall? See if this helps: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/240437...

Cannot delete email message?
Is that something you want help with? If so, you should post a more detailed explanation of the problem to a newsgroup dedicated to supporting your email client. This particular forum is dedicated to MS Access, the database program which comes with MS Office. George "Susan Phelan" <divasue@cox.net> wrote in message news:%23YmPewVVIHA.5396@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > ...

Threads/messages/MFC in a service application
I have a pretty straightforward MFC application that I would like to build into a service. I have a generic framework for a service using some code found at Codeguru, and MFC works well in the service, but since the service does not contain a message pump, my application does not work. My application contains one main class, which utilizes timers and posts messages to other CWinThread derived classes, but of course, none of the messages are received without the message pump. The service framework allows for all calls to take place within a look such as this: while( ::WaitForSingleObject(m_hSt...

System Administrator messages and OL rules
Hi All I use Exch 5.5. SP4 and OL 2000 clients. Exchange issues a warning when user mailbox reaches a 50 MB limit. I am concerned that users might not see the administrative message sent to them if they set rules on the OL 2000 client that move incoming messages to other folders or deletes them. I have done some trials and it looks like OL message rules do not apply to messages sent by System Administrator (i.e. the only way to move/delete them is to manually do it) Can you confirm that this is a built-in feature of OL 2000 or could the users find a way to get rid of the administrative me...