inbox deletions

When a message is read from the inbox and then closed, it
disappears.  Does not go to the deleted file and I don't
see any rules set up.  How can I stop emails from
disappearing when read.  This is happening in Outlook XP
and/or 2003

Thanks,

Dave
0
dheckman (1)

dave <dheckman@ma.monmouth.k12.me.us> wrote:

> When a message is read from the inbox and then closed, it
> disappears.  Does not go to the deleted file and I don't
> see any rules set up.  How can I stop emails from
> disappearing when read.  This is happening in Outlook XP
> and/or 2003

Change your View from "Unread Messages" to "Messages".
--
Brian Tillman
0

M05 can't delete financial provider info once added
Once an account is associated an FI that Money knows about it's REALLY sticky. You can rename the FI (say rename "Discover Card" back to "Novus". But "Novus" keeps all of the "Discover Card" information including the logo. You can go into the Specify where accounts are held page and set the account to be Not held at a financial institution. Minutes of database grinding. But, unlike previous versions, there seems to be NO WAY to delete the Bank/Broker information ("Discover Card" contents now copied to name "Novus" in my pla...

Is it possible to have a 'Delete' and 'Close' button on a form
Am i able to put a buttom on a form that says Delete and one that says Close. So after people finish entering in details through the form they can click on a 'Close' button. When they want to delete a client they can press the 'Delete' button. But have it to say "Are you sure you want to delete this entry" or something. Can a form also have a "Add Another Entry" on a form. They enter one, then click that button to add another. I know there are buttons for this, but im trying to make it extremely basic for people to use (not many people know how to use ac...

Deleting Recurring Deposits
I upgraded from 2004 to 2006 recently. My recurring deposits were duplicating every time I loaded Money. I rectified one by deleting it and reprogramming a new one. However, the other recurring paycheck continues to show up as "overdue" (so far two installments). When I click it to open it up, I oome to the bills and depost screen but that deposit is not on the list. How can I delete this recurring deposit so I can reset it up? ...

Delay in e-mail arriving in inbox
Hello all, If this is the wrong forum, please re-direct me. I just setup a user with a new PC (XP Pro SP2) running Outlook 2000. The problem she is having is that any new mail does not show up right away, she has to click on another portion of Outlook, go back to the inbox, and then any new mail shows up. This happens with internal as well as external e-mail. This was not an issue with her old PC running WINK2. Any ideas, Bill Bkana <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I just setup a user with a new PC (XP Pro SP2) running > Outlook 2000. The problem she is hav...

Outlook 2003
I have a user with a laptop with Outlook 2003 running in cached mode connected to an Exchange 2003 server. When the user deletes sub folders(and/or email contained within) they come back the next day. They are also deleted them the deleted items folder . Thinking it may be a sync issue between the laptop and Outlook. I did a manual send/receive after i watched the user delete the folders and sure enough, they were back today. This user also has a home pc set with Outlook 2003 set up in cached mode connected via VPN and his account also is linked to Verizons wireless email sync for his ...

exchange 2003 auto delete users delete
Can I do something in Exchange 2003 so that users "deleted items" contents will be wiped out - deleted - after x days of existance? thanks, Set a Mailbox Manager Policy, http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF012.html -- John Oliver, Jr MCSE, MCT, CCNA Exchange MVP 2006 Microsoft Certified Partner "Raul" <jjkgr@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:vvExf.38371$v84.284@trnddc06... > Can I do something in Exchange 2003 so that users "deleted items" contents > will be wiped out - deleted - after x days of existance? > > thanks, > ...

contacts being deleted
I have had several users complain about contacts being deleted from both Exchange and their Blackberry devices. The reports I have are that this is happening between 12 and 12:15 every night. I don't see any obvious Exchange maintenance that happens at that time that would cause this and was wondering if anybody here might have some suggestions? We're running Exchange 2007 SP2. Thanks. Is this just happening with Blackberry users? Exchange does not just delete contacts without end user intervention. Reports are just that, I would verify with a Blackberry device when ...

Problem after Recovering deleted messages
Using Office 2003, I first deleted a few thousand messages from my Deleted folder. Then I had second thoughts, so I Recovered the Deleted Messages using the Tools menu. The result seems to be that all of the messages that were once in my Deleted folder are now in my Inbox. The problem is that now I have to pick through my Inbox and to carefully pick out messages that I want to delete (move to the Deleted folder). I wish that I could somehow sort out the messages that were already in the Deleted folder in the first place. Thanks in advance for any ideas. Are you using Exchange Se...

Can gif files be deleted
Hi. my name is alba. I am trying to delete files from my computers to gain more space. I have a few files that it says gif, the pictures do not show up. Why? Can I delete those files safelyf? are gif. pictures or what are they? Thank you in advance. On Jan 3, 12:14=A0pm, Alba <A...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi. my name is alba. =A0I am trying to delete files from my computers to = gain > more space. =A0I have a few files that it says gif, the pictures do not s= how > up. =A0Why? =A0Can I delete those files safelyf? =A0are gif. pictures or = what are...

Deleting rows based on IF statement
How can I delete a row based on an IF statement? For example, if cell h2=C and if cell k2 = zero, then delete that row. Thank you. I would apply Data|Filter|Autofilter to the whole range. Then I'd filter on column H to show "C" Then I'd filter on column K to show 0 Then delete those visible rows Then Data|Filter|show all to see everything left. simmerdown wrote: > > How can I delete a row based on an IF statement? > > For example, if cell h2=C and if cell k2 = zero, then delete that row. > > Thank you. -- Dave Peterson ...

Delete Company in Great Plains 7.5
Would anyone please tell me how to properly delete (remove) a company in Great Plains 7.5? Thanks. Setup>System>Company...select your company Id and then delete. Once you have deleted this in Great Plains go to Enterpise Manager and delete the database. "Shirley" wrote: > Would anyone please tell me how to properly delete (remove) a company in > Great Plains 7.5? Thanks. Thanks klewis. "klewis" wrote: > Setup>System>Company...select your company Id and then delete. Once you have > deleted this in Great Plains go to Enterpise Manager and...

Auto row deletion
undefined :mad: I open a csv file into excel and it is sorted into columns. two of the columns have values in them. If both of the columns, for each row, have 0.00 as the value I want to delete that row, there are usually a lot of these rows and I don't want to have to manually go down a list of 100+ rows and delete the rows where there are two zero values. How can I automate this ? -- rogeraw ------------------------------------------------------------------------ rogeraw's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=19964 View this thread: http://w...

Button Wizard:RunQuery ignores delete queries?
If I put a button on a form, choose misc, run query, I get a list of queries that does not include any delete queries. Why is that? It is easy enough to get around, but why? Don't have an answer for you, other than to confirm that delete queries are not presented in the list of queries.... ACCESS has been this way for a number of versions, for some reason. -- Ken Snell <MS ACCESS MVP> "Phil Smith" <phil@nhs-inc.com> wrote in message news:OjpW0tg1HHA.1100@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > If I put a button on a form, choose misc, run query, I get a list...

Automatically delete old items off the server?
Is there any way we can delete old items from the server itself? Sure, we can use policies on Outlook, but many of our users are just using OWA and we want their old email to get deleted after 120 days. Any way this can be done? TIA! / Per Use Recipient Policy with Mailbox Manager settings. Recommend using this in "generate report only" mode till you're confident the policy has picked up the right users, is doing/will do what you want it to do, and users are informed about this (so they have time to backup/archive their stuff). -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zen...

Deleting the Startup Window(reg.) for Outlook 2007 Business Contac
\ How does one get rid of the Startup Window for Outlook 2007 Business Contact Manager when starting Outlook on this new Vista Laptop. I do not want the program. Thanks, Bob B. ...

Recovery of deleted messages
Hello, I'm new to Outlook and asking for a novice friend. He uses Outlook (not express) under XP. He managed to delete his inbox messages by selecting messages and then using shift-delete. There was a dialog that said something like are you sure you want to permanently delete messages and he said yes. Upon realizing that he had selected all of the messages instead of the few he had intended to select, he found that undo was unavailable. He also has said "no" to the periodic messages in the past that inquire about archiving. Does he have any recourse - or are the mes...

Deleted email folder
I deleted email folder that i want to recover, can't figure out how to do it, tired the info supplied in OUtlook 2000 but I do not seen the revocer mail tab...need some help asap!!!! Recover Deleted Items is only available if you are using an Exchange server and the Administrator has enabled it on Exchange. If this is standalone, your folder/items are toast if you have already emtied the deleted items folder. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my persona...

Corrupted "deleted Item" folder in microsoft outlook 2000
Hi all, I have this spam mail in my deleted item folder which i am not able to delete it away. When i tried to delete it, open it, move it to other folder etc ... outlook 2000 will have an error and will close down and i have to restart it. I tried lots of methods suggested by some nice people in here but stil it doesnt work. Is there any way or how can i have a whole new "deleted item" folder without losing my other folders and emails as well ?? Pls help.... thanksss Yes, per personal experience. Make a new PST, even customize the name of it for yourself. Make it the def...

INBOX's
Hi there I have created a couple of INBOXES - Which certain emails get filtered into when they arrive. However, Outlook doesn't 'alert' me of these new emails. I believe it only would do if they were going into the main INBOX. I like the little 'envelope' in the notification area of Windows XP telling of new email arrivals... Does anyone know how to get Outlook 2003 to alart of email arriving in other inboxes? Thanks Glen. You can try adding something to the rules you use to move the items. "GlenC" <news@news.chagle.com> wrote in message news:1...

Cannot delete
I cannot access the "Delete" nor the "draft" folders in my Outlook Express. I therefore cannot delete e-mails. Can anyone tell me how I can fix this and not lose any of the messages in my "Inbox" and in my "Send" folders. Thanks, Ray ...

Message comes back to my inbox!
Hi, I am using Outlook (not Express) and since a couple of days now, whenever I try to send a message it comes back to my inbox. (this is when I say reply, even though the recipients name is in the "to" box) I did do some changes in my Rules Wizard, but I can't seem to find this problem. I am also using 2 accounts in Outlook, (personal and work) and now some of the work emails come to my personal box, even filtered messages that suppose to go into a different folder now go into my personal box, AND the folder where they are supposed to go....I have no idea what I did to ...

Sharing for User that has been deleted from AD
Hi, I would not be able to share object to active users since the owner/creator of the object had been deleted from AD. The error was the selected object could not be found. Verify that the object exist in both db and AD. The workaround that i performed was reassigned the record to new user. However, I still cannot remove the old owner from sharing form. In addition, when i tried to share with active user, the above error would come up again. Are there any solution for this issue? Rgd, Carrie Hi, I have the same issue that the users were deleted in the AD. We assigned all record t...

Cannot move messages between PST after Inbox Repair
Hi, I have Outlook 2000 and a pst file about 1.5 GB. Yesterday I could not open it and it said that I shuld run the Inbox recovery tool. I did it. And now I cannot move any message from this pst file to a new one. It gives me a message: "Can't move the items. Unable to delete this folder. Right- click the folder, and then click Properties to check your permissions for the folder. See the folder owner or your administrator to change your permissions." OR "Can't move the items. Could not complete the operation. One or more parameter values are not valid." Is th...

reset-delete old PDC from AD domain
Hi there. I have an recently upgraded my Nt40 domain to a win2003 AD domain. My old PDC was demoted to BDC when I upgraded. Now I want to Reinstall the BDC with win2003 and join the domain with the same netbios name as before. Can I just RESET the account in AD and then reinstall and join the domain with the same name again? Or do I have to delete the computer from the AD too? Are there any issues regarding this? Regards Michael "Michael" <mev@bankinvest.dk> wrote: >I have an recently upgraded my Nt40 domain to a win2003 AD domain. My old >PDC was demoted to BDC...

How do I stop email from all accounts coming to the primary inbox?
I set up 3 separate accounts (dare I say, "like they were in Thunderbird"), but what is happening is any messages sent to any of the 3 accounts appears in the inbox of the primary (default) account (and not in the other inboxes). How do I make these messages route to where I want them? I shouldn't need a "rule" for this, should I? I tried going to Tools->Account Settings, click the Data Files tab, and select one of my secondary accounts, I see towards the bottom of the window, "Selected e-mail account delivers new e-mail messages to the following location&quo...