Improvements to Outlook in Office 2010?

Are there any public sources of information about new or improved
features in the 2010 release of Outlook / Office?

I am especially interested in seeing in improvements in RULES
handling.  I would also like to see the ability to drag-and-drop a
contact into the calendar, where the contact does not have an email
address.  Also the ability to put in a recurrence in a FLAG reminder.

-AH
0
Andrew

"Andrew Hamilton" <Ahamilton90900@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Are there any public sources of information about new or improved
> features in the 2010 release of Outlook / Office?
>
> I am especially interested in seeing in improvements in RULES
> handling.

What types of improvements?

> I would also like to see the ability to drag-and-drop a
> contact into the calendar, where the contact does not have an email
> address.

The whole point of being able to drag a contact to the Calendar is to create a
meeting request to that contact.  You can't send a meeting request unless the
contact has an electronic address, so Outlook worns you.  It does not,
however, prevent you from completing the event as an appintment with the
Contacts field of the form filled in with the name of the dragged contact.
This is working fine as it is and I doubt it will be changed.

> Also the ability to put in a recurrence in a FLAG reminder.

I don't think this has changed.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian
11/12/2009 7:00:49 PM
It's still beta so while there is a lot of stuff out there, it may not be in
the final version.

Rules: very little changes
Calendar: what is your desired result? You can drop the contact on the
folder, you'll get a message about the address. Cancel the invite (so its an
appt only) - the contact you dropped is linked. (Works like this in ol2007)
Flags: do you want the reminder to recur or the flagged event to recur?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"Andrew Hamilton" <Ahamilton90900@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Are there any public sources of information about new or improved
> features in the 2010 release of Outlook / Office?
>
> I am especially interested in seeing in improvements in RULES
> handling.  I would also like to see the ability to drag-and-drop a
> contact into the calendar, where the contact does not have an email
> address.  Also the ability to put in a recurrence in a FLAG reminder.
>
> -AH

0
Diane

Outlook Calendaring Problem...
Hello, I'm working with a group of people which are using a mixed environment of outlook 97 & 2000. They are all connected to download email from the internet using Internet Mail service in outlook. However, whenever they send a calendar invitation to each other it is received by the other party as plain text only. Thus not giving them the opportunity to accept or decline the invitation. Does anyone know what's going on? I would like to assist them in resolving this issue. I appreciate any help on finding a solution for the problem above. Thanks. ...

Modify the amount of tracked records in Outlook Client
Does anyone know of a way to modify the amount of records that are remembered when tracking items in the CRM4 Outllok 2007 client? Right now it remembers the last 8 records, I believe. Thanks, Check out Phil Richardson's post on the subject: http://www.philiprichardson.org/blog/post/Larger-(or-smaller)-Outlook-MRU-for-CRM-40.aspx Dave Ireland "dmiller" <dmiller@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CBA8695F-ECCB-444C-BE5D-8F9C64AEBBB5@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know of a way to modify the amount of records that are > remembered > when trac...

Outlook w/Biz Content Manager
Business Content Manager has worked superbly until this morning when incoming emails now appear both in the Inbox, and in the Business History and one of the Accounts in Business Content Manager. I can find no reference to this anywhere. Any ideas on how to fix? Thanks. BCM sometimes has what's known as a "forms cache" problem. Clearing the cache usually fixes it. Choose Tools | Options | Other | Advanced Options | Custom Forms, then click Manage Forms, then Clear Cache. If simply clearing the cache doesn't fix the issue, try the other steps detailed at http://supp...

office prints only a half of 1st page
When I print anything in Office (excell, words..) it prints a half of first page only. help plese Use print preview to see if you have messed up your top and bottom margins or space for headers and footers. If you see nothing there try selecting all cells and clearing your manual page breaks. Insert, Reset/remove all page breaks Also check File, Print Area- --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm "leokon&q...

Outlook PST file too big
Product: Outlook 2000 I recently backed up my Outlook PST file to a DVD. (It was over the 2 GB limit) I then created a new PST file to use. However, now I cannot mount the old PST file to get some data off it. I have been told this is due to the file being over 2GB. Is there anything I can do to get into the file now? I would hate to loose this much data. is it because the pst is too big or because you are reading it from a DVD? Outlook needs read/write access as well as a pst under 2GB. http://www.slipstick.com/problems/repair2gbpst.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, ...

Should Exchange 4.0 on NT 4.0 work on Outlook 2003?
A client has Exchange 4.0 on NT 4.0 and all the desktops have outlook 2000 and they are using exchange's shared folders... One person tried to upgrate to Office 2K3 and said he couldn't see the public folders in exchange. Is there a compatibility issue with that combination of server and client? THANKS! On 17 Aug 2005 12:07:38 -0700, feetsdr@gmail.com wrote: >A client has Exchange 4.0 on NT 4.0 and all the desktops have outlook >2000 and they are using exchange's shared folders... > >One person tried to upgrate to Office 2K3 and said he couldn't see the >pu...

Outlook 2007 NOTES still doesn't include a Scrollbar!!! That is so STUPID!!!
I just checked out the Demo of Outlook 2007 and it STILL doesn't include a scroll bar inside of a note! I don't understand why they wouldn't have put that into the new version since this question has been asked fairly regularly!!! What UP??? The interface for the notes section desperately needs an overhaul. Why is Microsoft ignoring everyone on this??? At the very least it should include a scrollbar. Notes are not meant for theses, simply a place to jot down a few words = for whatever reason. Notes are not high on the development list as = there are *many* more items that ...

Outlook 2000 memory error
Hi, When I deleted an item in Calendar, I got error message that "There is not enough memory available to perform the operation." I am using Outlook 2000. Thanks in advance. Grace ...

Outlook 2000 #190
When I open Microsoft Outlook and click a specific email I get this message This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down. Close Details When I click details OUTLOOK caused an invalid page fault in module OUTLLIB.DLL at 017f:3a457aa2. I removed the office 2000 and reloaded it and yet the problem is not resolved. What should I do ? ...

Outlook Tasks and Autosave Dilemma
Outlook has a handy feature where when set it will auto save outlook items every x amount of minutes. The default is 3 minutes. The problem: I create a task, attach a word document and assign it to a staff. They accept it. When they open the task, open the document and leave it open, the task is auto saved every 3 minutes. When this occurs it also sends an update to me, the task creator. Is there a way to leave auto save turned on and not send updates everytime a task auto saves? Cheers - Wayne O So that is the cause.... I've seen several complaints about repeated ...

Outlook does not recognize address
My company has an intranet mailing system that does not have an domain ending just a username. Outlook will not let me create mail or a new contact, but will let me reply to these addresses. Whenever I type in the username I get a message, "Outlook does not Recognize Address" Any clues as to what I can do to get it to accept these email addresses. On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 11:47:02 -1000, Wilson <Wilson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > My company has an intranet mailing system that does not have an domain > ending > just a username. Outlook will not let me creat...

Outlook 2000 emails stay as new
I have this problem. In Outlook 2000 my emails stay as new even though I have the settings set to mark them as read after I look at them in the preview pane. The problem goes away if I close outlook and reopen it. What causes this problem? ...

Re: New Build Of Windows Live Mail 2010
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0035_01CB4284.A4A23040 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable In the new beta =E2=80=93 not this version. "Nancy Jackman" <nanwjackman@beaufort.com> wrote in message news:... The problem of WLM=E2=80=99s =E2=80=9Cstepping on itself=E2=80=9D when = compacting and freeing up empty space seems to have been fixed as well. Nancy ------=_NextPart_000_0035_01CB4284.A4A23040 Content-Type: text/html; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-...

Exchange 2003
Windows 2003 server with Exchange 2003 SP2 This is a very strange problem. I have one user who turns on his out of office assistant and the out of office messages are not sent internally or externally. All other users use out of office and the messages are sent properly both internally and externally. I have the option configured to allow this (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;262352). I can't for the life of me figure out why this one user is having this problem. Everything appears to be configured for that user exactly the same as all the other users who ar...

outlook
-- � ������� ��������� ����� ��-14 ������� ���?� ...

Cannot customize Outlook Today #5
I recently had to upgrade my system from 98 to XP using a full install rather than an upgrade. I had to reload all my software, of course, and now my Outlook 2000 will not allow me to customize Outlook Today. Any suggestions? The following MSKB article provides the fix for this issue. OL2000: You Cannot Customize Outlook Today After You Install Critical Update 813489 for Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;820575 -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup t...

Outlook 2002 Archiving
Anyone out there with a solution to Outlook XP just not Archiving? A little more information about your particular situation would be nice :-) Check the Modified date on the items that aren't being archived as you think they should. That's the date Outlook uses to determine whether or not an item is ready to be AutoArchived, and a simple action such as moving the item to another folder can change the Modified date. More information and a list of actions that change the Modified date can be found here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;295657 -- Jocelyn Fi...

cannot get outlook started
please help i have been trying to set up outlook and am haveing great problems when i put in my email adsress (yahoo) and try password it just keeps flashing up password and wont connect -- bex http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA011133141033.aspx "becca" <becca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8B9352A5-91FA-4782-98E7-D5BEAADA9582@microsoft.com... > please help i have been trying to set up outlook and am haveing great > problems when i put in my email adsress (yahoo) and try password it just > keeps flashing up password and won...

how do I unblock links in email mesages received in Outlook?
LInks in emails in Outlook are blocked-they will not iopen What happens when you try? A common error begins 'restrictions in effect... ' - for this problem, see http://slipstick.me/restrict -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Poll: What version of Outlook do you us...

Customize the Outlook CRM ToolBar
Can I customize the Outlook CRM tool bar and add a "new quote" button or search an account button? Thanks Rakefet Nope - you are going to have to add to the normal Outlook Toolbar. Or, use the isv customizations to put it directly into the CRM portion of the outlook client. Documentation on the 2nd can be found in the SDK on MSDN. Steve C. "RFish" wrote: > Can I customize the Outlook CRM tool bar and add a "new quote" button or > search an account button? > > Thanks > Rakefet The SDK cannot be used to change the Outlook toolbar. Al...

Subject Line in Outlook 2003
In my OL2003 the middle pane of the main view shows my Inbox where all messages are listed. It shows the sender, the time when the message was received and the file size. How can I customize this to include the subject line as well? Thanks Sitara If you use right click on Arranged By, what do you show as the active view? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no ans...

News in Outlook
I read in a magazine (in the shop) that Outlook can be made into a Newsreader by opening the Toolbar and dragging the "News" button onto the tolbar with "Go" selected. I tried it and it caused a programme file to open so I tried to re-set it all. I now can't find the "News" button. Any suggestions? john <john.plant@nowhere.com> wrote: > I read in a magazine (in the shop) that Outlook can be made into a > Newsreader by opening the Toolbar and dragging the "News" button onto > the tolbar with "Go" selected. I tried it a...

Outlook 2003 #141
I am using outlook 2003 at home to access my Pop3 mail account with Southwestern Bell. The issue I am having is that whenever I hit the send and receive button it continually pops with a logon information box. I can click ok past this and watch the send and receive progress in the lower left corner. It will go a few more % then the box pops up again and again until it finally finishes the send/receive. It will then have an error that my username and password maybe wrong. I have confirmed with SBC that everything on my end is correct. I can log onto there website and retrieve my...

How can I merge all my emails in outlook
How can I merge all my emails in outlook On Fri, 9 Apr 2010 21:31:02 -0700, Gaston <Gaston@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How can I merge all my emails in outlook Please ask in an Outlook forum. This group is for a different program, Microsoft Access. The webpage can be confusing and may have misled you. -- John W. Vinson [MVP] "Gaston" <Gaston@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D6DDF8A0-0AD9-4D3D-ADF9-F9200C0D4D89@microsoft.com... > How can I merge all my emails in outlook ...

new address lists not showing up in outlook client
Hello, for some reason any new address lists i create now do not show up in the outlook address book. please point me in a direction. Thanks Jon Is the client running Outlook 2003 in cached mode? "jon" <jgreen@alro.com> wrote in message news:340401c47ee8$d1914ed0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hello, > for some reason any new address lists i create now do not > show up in the outlook address book. please point me in a > direction. > > Thanks > Jon yes 2003 cached mode! >-----Original Message----- >Is the client running Outlook 2003 in cached mode? ...