importing wab file

how do i import my address book which is a wab file into
the contacts of microsoft outlook?

ed
0
anonymous (74722)

Outlook cannot import WAB files. You would have to import a wab into OE on
the same partition. Then you can import from OE into Outlook.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"ed" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> how do i import my address book which is a wab file into
> the contacts of microsoft outlook?
>
> ed

0
russval (3097)

file will not save
One of my excel files will not save. it seems to work ok, but when i try to save it, i get a "document not saved" message. the file cannot be closed unless i agree not to try to save it. any ideas why i cannot save this file? #1. Are you working off a floppy? If yes, then don't do this. Use windows explorer to copy from floppy to harddrive and work from there (and save there). Then use windows explorer to copy back to floppy. #2. You're saving to a location that you don't have permission to save to. #3. Your diskdrive is out of space??? missionary wrote...

Missing File Day 3 No resolution ?
No. Is this file something that can be sent to me? -----Original Message----- From: "Diane Poremsky" <info@cdolive.com> Sent: 4/12/2004 8:15:04 PM Subject: Re: Missing file still.... did you have different versions or suites of office installed? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com "Kyle" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mess...

ProbleM: when I restore a mailbox using Exmerge with a pst file, nothing is transferred.
Hi, I am practising Exmerge for a big remote site migration in a couple of weeks. One thing I dont understand is that I can backup one test mailbox fine using Exmerge (I know this works, as I have opened the mailbox pst file within outlook and everything is there), but when I perform the restore using the pst file, nothing happens. There is no error messages, and Emerge goes through the motions (though it finishes supsiciously quick), but when I open the mailbox, no emails have been restored. Although it is great that Exmerge is working for the backup part of the stage, I am disappointed it i...

Import Outlook Contacts into AC2003
I've created an application using AC2003 which was both fast and easy. I have a new requirement to enhance the database to be able to import both contacts and calendar appointments from Office 2003. One thing that makes this somewhat complicated is that the client wants this process to show both the contact from Outlook and the contact from the access database side by side and selectively choose the pieces of info from the Outlook contacts to be appended in the access database. I know how to do this but it will be a lot of work. Can anyone point me to a tool, project...

Importing ofx file
I'm using Money 2004 Premium and I was downloading my bank account information in ofx format directly in Money; recently this stopped working and I have to manually import the file into money. Not a big deal, but an annoyance just the same. Does anyone have a suggestion as to a fix for this? tia dennisd In message <QK3kl.3776$rt3.617@newsfe15.iad>, dennis <djd@home.net> writes >I'm using Money 2004 Premium and I was downloading my bank account >information in ofx format directly in Money; recently this stopped working >and I have to manually import the fi...

Run-time error 2465 after database import
I'm trying to tidy up a database by starting with a fresh, blank database (Access 2000) and importing everything from the original database. Here are the steps I've gone through: 1. Started with a blank database. 2. Set all the properties to be the same as the original database. I've set the properties in: - File / Database Properties - Tools / Startup - Tools / Options - Visual Basic Editor - Tools / database Properties - Visual Basic Editor - Tools / Options - Visual Basic Editor - Tools / References 3. Selected File / Get External Data / Import and ...

error when opening .accdb file
I don't think this is a new issue but I can't seem to find the resolution... I get an error when opening my Access 2007 formatted database stating that the file could not be found, though at the same time the file opens successfully. -- Error is intermittent. On occasions where the error does not occur, the file opens normally (I have never had an occasion where the file did not open at all) -- I have only seen the error happen when I have a 'Display Form' set in the Application Options for the 'Current Database' -- The database contains macros, VBA m...

Default Folder for PST files?
I have a slightly different question relating to the above: I already have my current & archive pst files stored in my own personal folders. When I want to open my archive folder I right-click Outlook Today & select 'Open Outlook Data File'. Everytime, Outlook defaults to its own path (Documents & Settings\User\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\) This is really annoying & I would like it to default to opening a customised path, such as C:\Mail\ Any suggestions? -- Cheers, James Goodman Hi James, if you want to displace your pst file, please ...

Importing Contract from .csv file is not working
Hi, I m new to CRM. I have two column in my .CSV file. name and phone number i am trying to imort them to CRM contact Module. Everything happen smooth, i mean mapping of fields. But it does not Import the Contact in to CRM , instead the task goes and sits into the Buld Import Activity. And shows the Status as "Pending". I am using CRM Client and all the services are running..... Please let me know what could be the problem.. Labhesh Shrimali Bangalore - India MCP. Hi you have to change the Log on account for the Workflow Service on the CRM Server Regards, Dirk F ...

import paradox database into excel
I have a database written in programme called Paradox and I would like to fransfer it into Excel. You may find this a bit tricky, depending on the complexity of links between tables and queries within the original database. Tables hold information, and queries manipulate that data; if you need data that is the result of a Paradox query you will not, AFAIK, be able to import that to Excel. You'll have better luck if you need data from tables. In a quick web search I notice that converter software is available, which might be a fallback position in case on-board export capability withi...

Changing of Cell protections after saving Excel File (2002)
This problem occurs when I protect a document using a macro 4.0 function: =PROTECT.DOCUMENT(TRUE,,,TRUE,TRUE). When I use the function within a macro4.0 macro, on an original file, everything works fine. The sheet has unlocked cells, and when the sheet is protected, it allows me to access those cells. But if I save the file, or save.as another name, then the fun begins. The enable selection of the sheet( view codes) has gone from 0-xlNoRestrictions to -4142- xlNoSelection. This locks me out of doing anything in the sheet. When I unprotect and then re-protect the sheet using the T...

Import into the Invoicing Screen
Hi, I have a requirement where we would like to import into the invoicing screen of the invoicing module. It cannot be done with Integration Manager and there is no incoming schema in econnect for this type of transaction. Does anyone know of a way to import into Great Plains this type of transaction? Thank you, Anne-Claire McAllister About the only way to do this is to automate the generation of a Gp Macro and then launching the macro. (This is waht integration manager does internally) Achieving this can be quite easy. The most difficult part would be handling conditional processing...

Bad File Name
I'm getting the Error #52, Bad File Name or Number. FileCopy "C:\PROSERV\DB\Restore.mdb", "C:\PROSERV\BU\Format(Date,""yyyymmdd"") & "".mdb" The file defintely exisits. Could it be the format part thats not right. Thanks DS DS wrote: >I'm getting the Error #52, Bad File Name or Number. > >FileCopy "C:\PROSERV\DB\Restore.mdb", >"C:\PROSERV\BU\Format(Date,""yyyymmdd"") & "".mdb" Hard to tell without knowing what file name you are looking for. Is this the same ...

Importing data from several sheets, to one chart
I need data from many sheet into one chart (In its own sheet). I know how to do it when its from from sheet (In this example, sheet named Pernille) : =Pernille!$AS$10 I tried this : =Pernille!$AS$10;Aase!$AS$10 But the reference was not valid. Please help, I havent been able to find anything, not even in my E-learning. Martin, Probably the easiest way to chart data from multiple sheets is to create a summary range in a single sheet that references the other sheets with formulas. If you use this technique then all you have to do is generate the chart using the summary range as your sourc...

when starting excel, .doc & .dat file come up ?????
When I got my new computer at work XP Pro operating, w/2003 Office pro, every time I open Excel, about 12 .doc & .dat file pop up saying not excel format files, and I have to say close to everyone. Then, if automatically defaults to opening an excel file that is someone elses. I have tried running a repair, uninstalling and reinstalling, and nothing works. Never, have I had anything like this happen in my fifteen years. Any suggestions????? HELP it really slows me down. -- thankssomuch The first place I'd check is: Tools|Options|General Tab Make sure that the "at star...

Import of Money 98 Data
Does anyone know if its possible to import Money 98 (US Version) to the latest Money International version? The easiest way would be to try it out. There is a trial version of the international version. Some of the earlier (pre-2000) versions directly convert even though they are different regional versions, so you may be lucky. Trial can be obtained via http://money.mvps.org/downloads/default.aspx -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny or http://money.mvps.org/faq for UK tips and fixes for MS Mone...

Shared excel file dissapears
We use a shared excel 2000 xls file shared on a w2k server as a production log. we now have about 30 users with about 12 users constantly editing. As we add more users the dissapearances seem to mount up. we are at about 2 a day now. I was wondering what the max amount vs the recommended amount of simultaneous users are. Are there any known issues which would cause excel to mysteriously vanish?? thanks cr -- http://QLiner.com It has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all the others that have been tried. - Winston Churchill ...

Publisher 2003 file not updated on save
Hi, I have a client using Publisher 2003 under XP. The file she is working on, March.pub, is stored on a Windows 2003 server which she accesses via a mapped P: drive. Yesterday, she worked on a file most of the day and swears she did a Save very often. About 4pm, she saved, printed her work, exited from Publisher, logged off Windows, and went home. Today when she came in she opened the file, only to find that it was missing much of her work. I checked and in fact the latest version on the server is from about 1pm. I had no luck finding a temporary version on the XP machine's C: dr...

I have a e-mail in my delete file that will not deleate.
I have tried to delete a file from my junk mail file, when I try to remove the e-mail I get a message to go to an in box repair tool, with a scanpst.exe. Nothing appears when I type in scanpst.exe and this e-mail I cannot move the e-mail it is frozen Search, to include hidden files for scanpst.exe. You dont run scanpst.exe from within outlook "roger" <roger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EBD25472-D780-4E95-9F7C-1F69E01FE913@microsoft.com... >I have tried to delete a file from my junk mail file, when I try to remove > the e-mail I get a m...

Macro syntax to open file in current explorer folder
Pt 1 : MS Excel 97 SR-2 ----------------------- I would like to use a macro code line starting Workbooks.OpenText FileName:=".\AmsAll-1.prn", _ to open the tab delimited file "AmsAll-1.prn" in the folder from which I launch the Excel application. However the ".\" path qualifier always reverts to the C: drive, not the K: mapped drive that I access all my project files from. It is inconvenient to navigate several levels down to the project from C:\ just to run this one application. The following does work : Workbooks.OpenText FileName:="k:.\AmsAll-1...

delimited file format issue
i get reports from (idx) a program that are delimited files. the columns are all fine but 1 and i can't figure it out. its supposed to be money and comes across as 11500. in the original program (idx) it would look like 115.00 and that is how i want it to look in excel. i tried the easy stuff like formatting and i keep getting 11500.00 or 1150.0 in my simple mind i thought it would be easy to move that decimal but its not turning out that way. i have thousands of line items so doing it one by one is not the optimum solution. any help is appreciated. excel 2003 os XP You really wa...

Export/Import from Outlook Express Failed
Export from Outlook Express to Outlook 2000 fails to export contacts and successfully exports messages True. Did you have a question? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "GES" <GES@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6E1D3697-9AF7-41AA-BCC3-2788B1E0E79F@microsoft.com... > Export from Outlook Express to Outlook 2000 fails to export contacts and > successfully exports messages Yes I have a question my outlook express address book was lost when an export to outlook was attempted. How do I recover my address book and import it into Outlook? "Russ Val...

Conversion to pdf file problem
I have MS Publisher 2007 and Windows XP. I created a document which will be printed on 11 x 8 1/2 paper (landscape style) and folded in half- booklet. The individual page is 5.5 x 8.268 and thus two pages are printed on one landscape sheet. I can use the Print Preview and the publisher document looks fine but when I convert and publish it to a pdf document, the pages are screwy. The pages are narrow with text cut off . What am I doing wrong? Are you using the *save as a PDF* add-in from Microsoft? How did your booklet lose a quarter of an inch? Try the add-in, see if it converts c...

gif files
Since synchronizing m e-mail with "Outlook" my emails containing a gif file do not work. I need help to get them to work. I have another email account that they will work with and they work with my regular email. Any help? What type of email account are you synchronizing with outlook? What exactly does "do not work" mean? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsle...

Which class should handle the request to open a file
Hi! I'm writing a simple game (sdi, doc-view) and new games are started by opening files from a menu item (more on what the actual game is about below). However, I find it difficult to figure out what I should handle where. I was thinking of handling open file request (ON_COMMAND()) in the main frame and if the user selects a valid file then notify the document class about it (let the document class do the actual reading of the file). The files contain a text-represation of a maze and the user is supposed to control a character that must find its way out of the maze. The faster an...