importing saved messages from 2 accounts in outlook express

I just installed Outlook today and am having some trouble importing saved
messages and folders.

I currently use 2 seperate email accounts in outlook express (both w/
comcast) and have save folders and messages in each one.  Outlook Express
made it so easy, just switch identies.

The problem I'm having is that Outlook is only importing folders/messages
from 1 of the 2 accounts, the main account.

I have set up both accounts in outlook exactly as they were in outlook
express.  I have switched the default user in outlook and tried importing
again....same outcome...it reimports the same folders/messages.

Opened outlook w/ the profile I wanted to import the folders from OE and
imported again..........It still imports the other email accounts messages
and folders .................getting frustrated.

Any ideas?

0
Epgx3 (4)

Well, nevermind....I finally figured it out.

I had to open OE and switch the "use this identity when starting a program"
in "manage identies" to the identity from which I wanted to import the
folders and messages.  I then logged into Outlook w/ the matching profile and
imported.

It worked!

Thank god.

"Epgx3" wrote:

> I just installed Outlook today and am having some trouble importing saved
> messages and folders.
>
> I currently use 2 seperate email accounts in outlook express (both w/
> comcast) and have save folders and messages in each one.  Outlook Express
> made it so easy, just switch identies.
>
> The problem I'm having is that Outlook is only importing folders/messages
> from 1 of the 2 accounts, the main account.
>
> I have set up both accounts in outlook exactly as they were in outlook
> express.  I have switched the default user in outlook and tried importing
> again....same outcome...it reimports the same folders/messages.
>
> Opened outlook w/ the profile I wanted to import the folders from OE and
> imported again..........It still imports the other email accounts messages
> and folders .................getting frustrated.
>
> Any ideas?

0
Epgx3 (4)
8/14/2005 10:15:02 PM
Have you tried the other way - exporting from Outlook Express.
"Epgx3" <Epgx3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just installed Outlook today and am having some trouble importing saved
> messages and folders.
>
> I currently use 2 seperate email accounts in outlook express (both w/
> comcast) and have save folders and messages in each one.  Outlook Express
> made it so easy, just switch identies.
>
> The problem I'm having is that Outlook is only importing folders/messages
> from 1 of the 2 accounts, the main account.
>
> I have set up both accounts in outlook exactly as they were in outlook
> express.  I have switched the default user in outlook and tried importing
> again....same outcome...it reimports the same folders/messages.
>
> Opened outlook w/ the profile I wanted to import the folders from OE and
> imported again..........It still imports the other email accounts messages
> and folders .................getting frustrated.
>
> Any ideas?

0
noelall (144)
8/14/2005 10:16:31 PM
Nope I didn't have to try that, but thanks for the response.  If the way it
finally worked....hadn't..the way you suggested sounds logical.

"Noel All" wrote:

> Have you tried the other way - exporting from Outlook Express.

> "Epgx3" <Epgx3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I just installed Outlook today and am having some trouble importing saved
> > messages and folders.
> >
> > I currently use 2 seperate email accounts in outlook express (both w/
> > comcast) and have save folders and messages in each one.  Outlook Express
> > made it so easy, just switch identies.
> >
> > The problem I'm having is that Outlook is only importing folders/messages
> > from 1 of the 2 accounts, the main account.
> >
> > I have set up both accounts in outlook exactly as they were in outlook
> > express.  I have switched the default user in outlook and tried importing
> > again....same outcome...it reimports the same folders/messages.
> >
> > Opened outlook w/ the profile I wanted to import the folders from OE and
> > imported again..........It still imports the other email accounts messages
> > and folders .................getting frustrated.
> >
> > Any ideas?

0
Epgx3 (4)
8/15/2005 6:33:01 AM
Also;
Export saves the msg modified dates, import resets to the import date; which
may be important to you.

> Nope I didn't have to try that, but thanks for the response.  If the way
it
> finally worked....hadn't..the way you suggested sounds logical.
>
> "Noel All" wrote:
>
> > Have you tried the other way - exporting from Outlook Express.
>
> > "Epgx3" <Epgx3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >I just installed Outlook today and am having some trouble importing
saved
> > > messages and folders.
> > >
> > > I currently use 2 seperate email accounts in outlook express (both w/
> > > comcast) and have save folders and messages in each one.  Outlook
Express
> > > made it so easy, just switch identies.
> > >
> > > The problem I'm having is that Outlook is only importing
folders/messages
> > > from 1 of the 2 accounts, the main account.
> > >
> > > I have set up both accounts in outlook exactly as they were in outlook
> > > express.  I have switched the default user in outlook and tried
importing
> > > again....same outcome...it reimports the same folders/messages.
> > >
> > > Opened outlook w/ the profile I wanted to import the folders from OE
and
> > > imported again..........It still imports the other email accounts
messages
> > > and folders .................getting frustrated.
> > >
> > > Any ideas?

0
DL
8/15/2005 6:46:46 PM
Excellent info, Thanks.

Funny thing is, only about 3-5 of the messages I imported from my saved OE
folders had the "received" date changed to the import date.  Maybe I just got
lucky.

But I will definitely remember that tidbit for future import/exports

"DL" wrote:

> Also;
> Export saves the msg modified dates, import resets to the import date; which
> may be important to you.
>
> "Epgx3" <Epgx3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Nope I didn't have to try that, but thanks for the response.  If the way
> it
> > finally worked....hadn't..the way you suggested sounds logical.
> >
> > "Noel All" wrote:
> >
> > > Have you tried the other way - exporting from Outlook Express.
> >
> > > "Epgx3" <Epgx3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> saved

> Express

> folders/messages

> importing

> and
> messages

0
Epgx3 (4)

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

Crash on 'Send"

Lookup based on criteria in 2 columns

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

Microsoft POS #2

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Using expression builder object
Hi, I'm developing a wizzard in Access which builds import templates for various data sources to a fixed set of tables. In step 3 the users must be able to build an expression ; for instance Left([Fieldx],20) . Now I would like to have a command button on my form which calls the Access expression builder to allow the users to use this to build the expression. This expression will then be stored in a text box linked to the templates table. Anybody know how to call and use this object from VBA code? -- Kind regards Noëlla DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdInvokeBuilder I th...

Rollup 2 and Office 2007

Message comes as an attachment

cant start outlook pst file to large

Outlook "Ruler" won't go away

Outlook 2003

Importing leads and workflow
We are just implementing CRM and have a couple of lead lists that we want to import (about 5000 records). The sales force would like calls automatically scheduled when the list is imported and would only like 50 calls scheduled per week. I know that I can assign leads based on various criteria to the correct salesperson. However, is there any way that I can create the phone activities and only limit to 50 per week? Does workflow look at the salesperson work schedule at all or will each sales person have 1000 phone calls scheduled for 3 days from when I import? There isn't anything in ...

Reminders in Outlook

Outlook default to paragraph

"Save" preferences getting lost
List members: I work on long documents and want to save my work frequently. Every time I set the "Save" preference to a brief interval like five or ten minutes, the preferences seemingly resets itself to a default of thirty minutes. I'm using Word 2008 for the Mac on an Intel running 10.6.2. Thanks in advance for any thoughts. - Mark Pavlick Hi Mark: That indicates that your user ID does not have permission to write to the preference file that Word is using, or that something is replacing the preference file. With the help of your System...

Exchange 2007 across account search

How do I recover my messages in my mailbox?
When I use Outlook, my e-mails in the original e-mail address are automatically deleted. But they are still in outlook not in my mail address. I want them back. Because I can not see my mails when I sign in from other computers. It sucks. On Sun, 28 Mar 2010 20:24:01 -0700, whereisnara <whereisnara@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Please ask your question in a forum for Outlook; this one is about the Microsoft Access database product. -Tom. Microsoft Access MVP >When I use Outlook, my e-mails in the original e-mail address are >automatically deleted. But th...

matching contents #2

saving and distributing a customized desktop
If there a way to customize one desktop and then copy the file to the other workstations so that they are set up the same way? I get calls all day from our users asking that I customizes their outlook to include some of the modifications I've made to my desk. We have Exchange Server and Outlook 2003 SP2. "Herb Segal" <herb@endlar.com> wrote in message news:Olsb5oBpKHA.5508@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > If there a way to customize one desktop and then copy the file to the other > workstations so that they are set up the same way? > > I get c...