Importing pst files into Outlook

I needed to reformat the hard disk of my computer. To
save the data in Outlook I exported the most important
folders into a CD-R.
When I reinstalled all the software and tried to import
the pst files fron the CD-R I get 2 messages:
"Properties for this information service must be defined
prior to use"
and then "File access is denied. You do not have the
permission required to access the file E:\XX.pst"

Is anyway to recuperate the date on pst files???
(calendar, input, contacts,etc.)
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks for your help
NP
0
anonymous (74722)

On 07 May 2004 15:10, "NP" wrote:
>I needed to reformat the hard disk of my computer. To save the data in
>Outlook I exported the most important folders into a CD-R.
>When I reinstalled all the software and tried to import the pst files
>fron the CD-R I get 2 messages:
>"Properties for this information service must be defined prior to use"
>and then "File access is denied. You do not have the permission
>required to access the file E:\XX.pst"
>
>Is anyway to recuperate the date on pst files???
>(calendar, input, contacts,etc.)
>What am I doing wrong?
>Thanks for your help
>NP

You have to copy the .PST file to your hard drive and then turn off the
Read-Only property.  Outlook wants to be able to read and write to any
..PST files it accesses.
--
-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, MVP-OneNote

0
bens1 (1425)

Max number of Rules in Outlook
Hi everyone: Just a simple question that may be a common curiosity: does anyone know what is the max number of rules I can set up in Outlook? I have reached about 70 rules and the I get the message that there is no further space on the server. Maybe it is just a matter of room and the number it is not a limitation? Thanks for answering. Cheers That's it indeed; you can only store up to 32KB of e-mail rules. Disabled rules don't count but you're properly better of combining some rules or see if they are still needed. -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the mo...

MS Money 95 data files

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

Crash on 'Send"

Importing leads and workflow
We are just implementing CRM and have a couple of lead lists that we want to import (about 5000 records). The sales force would like calls automatically scheduled when the list is imported and would only like 50 calls scheduled per week. I know that I can assign leads based on various criteria to the correct salesperson. However, is there any way that I can create the phone activities and only limit to 50 per week? Does workflow look at the salesperson work schedule at all or will each sales person have 1000 phone calls scheduled for 3 days from when I import? There isn't anything in ...

Reminders in Outlook

Outlook default to paragraph

Outlook 2003

Where is the workspace file stored?