Importing messages from Outlook 2003 into 2000?

I have Outlook 2003 on my computer at work and Outlook 2000 on my
computer at home.  I would like to move some messages from my work to my
home machine.  Unfortunately, Outlook 2000 doesn't seem able to understand
the .pst files generated by Outlook 2003.  Is there any way around this?

Colin
0
colin3123 (2)

Make sure you create and copy items into a legacy (Outlook 97 - 2002) pst
file.  See File | New | Outlook Data file.  Pick the Outlook 97 - 2002 type.
Copy items form mailbox to this new pst.  Close it when done (right click on
personal folders and select close/disconnect.)

"Colin Caulkins" <colin@caulkins.org> wrote in message
> I have Outlook 2003 on my computer at work and Outlook 2000 on my
> computer at home.  I would like to move some messages from my work to my
> home machine.  Unfortunately, Outlook 2000 doesn't seem able to understand
> the .pst files generated by Outlook 2003.  Is there any way around this?
>
> Colin

0
neoheart (690)
6/7/2004 5:44:11 PM
neo [mvp outlook] <neoheart@remove-heart.mvps.org> wrote:
> Make sure you create and copy items into a legacy (Outlook 97 - 2002) pst
> file.  See File | New | Outlook Data file.  Pick the Outlook 97 - 2002 type.
> Copy items form mailbox to this new pst.  Close it when done (right click on
> personal folders and select close/disconnect.)

That did the trick -- thanks!  Odd that Outlook's export facility doesn't
allow you to export to a legacy pst file.

Colin
0
colin3123 (2)

Runtime Error when closing OUTLOOK 2k

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Password Issue with MS Money 2003

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

Crash on 'Send"

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

Reminders in Outlook

Addressing within Exchange 2003

Importing leads and workflow
We are just implementing CRM and have a couple of lead lists that we want to import (about 5000 records). The sales force would like calls automatically scheduled when the list is imported and would only like 50 calls scheduled per week. I know that I can assign leads based on various criteria to the correct salesperson. However, is there any way that I can create the phone activities and only limit to 50 per week? Does workflow look at the salesperson work schedule at all or will each sales person have 1000 phone calls scheduled for 3 days from when I import? There isn't anything in ...

Outlook default to paragraph

cant start outlook pst file to large

Outlook 2003

Message comes as an attachment