Importing Excel mail merge data doc to outlook?

Does anyone know if this can be done for a start and if
so, what needs to be done.

I have tried the import/export - from excel wizard in
outlook but have so far only managed to import a lot of
entrys that end up as blank contacts.

This leads me to believe that it can be done if the
settings of the excel document are correct - i just need
to figure out what the correct settings are??!!!

Exporting email addresses from Outlook
I have many large email groups set up in Outlook. Is there a way to export only a group and not ALL email addresses in my address book? -- Roger Explain what you mean. Outlook does not use groups. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Roger" <Roger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A798E063-4F7B-44B6-86FD-9B627AFD4A2B@microsoft.com... >I have many large email groups set up in Outlook. Is there a way to export > only a group and not ALL email addresses in my address book? > -- > Roger ...

"Show All" in Excel
Is there a "Show All" or something similar in Excel like there is in Word? I am having trouble with hidden text (spaces) in the "COUNTA" function. Paul No "show all" available in Excel. If you have spaces or other junk in cells, you can try the TRIM or CLEAN Functions. Download Chip Pearson's CELLVIEW add-in from http://www.cpearson.com/excel/CellView.htm Load through Tools>Add-ins. Select the data and Chip's add-in will show you what the characters are. David McRitchie's TRIMALL macro will also be of assistance. Cleans up what TRIM and C...

Outlook 2003 clients cannot recover deleted items in cached mode
Running Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2003. Clients are not able to recover deleted items in cached mode. If I have cached mode enabled, the users are able to go into "Recover deleted items" and select something to recover, but it just disappears. No error, it never shows up (we have been waiting for days). If I turn off cached mode, restore deleted items works beautifully and imediately. We have already tried hitting F9, shift F9, etc. and have had not luck. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks. No issues here. Out of curiosity, have you applied SP1 for Office/Outlo...

How do I set up a payroll master in Excel or Access?
Here is the problem....I have set up a worksheet in Excel to do all of the calculations for jobs that have been done. There are three employees per job that split a portion of the job amount. I need to be able to pick out each individual employee and link them to their own worksheet so that they can get paid what they are due. I have tried to do a database in Access, and believe it or not, it seems that it just is not able to do what I need it to do. I know it is vague, but if there is anyone out there who can help me, I would appreciate it so much. ...

Excel Pivot Table
I have created a Pivot table with the following fields: Customer; Product; Actual; Budget; Variance where 'Variance' is calculated Item within field name 'Version' using formul 'Actual-Budget'. (ie Some records in the raw data have version set t 'Actual' and others have version set to 'Budget'. I am trying t compare Actual and Budget). The problem I have is that when I use thi calculated Item, the results displayed include combination of ever possible Product and Customer even if the data does not include such combination. This means that I have a hug...

Data Execution prevention
I have a huge problem. I am not able to print any PDF that I download. the message I am getting is re Data Execution prevention. So I changed the settings so I "Turn on DEP except for thos programs that I select (and included Adobe Acrobat in the list to check to turn DEP off.). Hasn't made a difference, despite restart after restart no change. Windows is up to date, Adobe is up to date, have firewall cannot think of any other items to check. The error message is always the error re DEP. Any suggestions? On Mar 17, 3:59=A0am, suek <s...@discussions.microsoft.com...

Import excel into publisher
It would be beneficial, if Publisher had the capibilities to import Excel spreadsheets to keep data up-to-date. I read that it is NOT possible, or is there something I missed? Import excel into publisher wrote: > It would be beneficial, if Publisher had the capibilities to import Excel > spreadsheets to keep data up-to-date. I read that it is NOT possible, or is > there something I missed? You can Mail Merge from Excel spreadsheets, and you can insert an Excel sheet as an OLE object. Does that not cut the mustard? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org ...

Screen Blinks when I have Outlook 2007 Open
My Screen Blinks when I have Outlook 2007 Open and then open a write a New email. It only does this with New emails, not appointments of calendar, just New emails. ...

Receiving error message when importing custom Report into CRM
I am receiving this message below when I am trying to import a custom Quote and Quote Sub-Report. An error has occured. Try this action again. If the problem continues, check the Microsoft Dynamics Community for solutions or contact...... Once again this is a report that was downloaded, then modified and being brought back in. Thanks, Mike M. ...

Rule to save Email to file, Outlook 2000
I need to create a rule that automatically saves special incoming emails as text-files to the file system. I know it's possible to start an application for this event (which works), but I don't know how to get the email text within the application. Thank you very much in advance! Marc Dzaebel ...

Outlook 2007 loosing connectivity to Exchange 2003
Hi all! We have an Exchange server 2003 and Outlook 2003 and 2007 clients connecting to it. Most of our users are having laptops, and when then undock them, their LAN connection is closed, and WLAN takes over. This setup is working fine on Win XP + Office 2003. But those users having Office 2007 installed (on both Vista and XP) are experiencing that often Outlook looses connection, goes Offline having no connection to the Exchange server! Usually it helps to restart the machine, but sometimes not even that! We've tried a lot of things, repairing the profile, deleting the profile ...

How can deleted data reappear in a refreshed pivot table in Excel
I am using Excel 2003. I have a worksheet full of data and built a pivot table on another sheet (within the existing datasheet). Nothing too complicated. I updated my data by pasting new data over the top of the old data and updated my pivot table. The problem is that in the pivot table one of the fields still allows me to select on data that no longer exists in the data. More specifically, I have a column in the base data entitled "Vendors" and have approximately 20 different vendors that appear throughout the data. When I update my pivot table, in the vendor select...

Outlook 2007 local help does not work
Hi, i also have another machine that does not load local help or online help. The error dialogue for the local help is: "the file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the Folder Options control panel." thanks Paddy ...

Outlook 2007 Calendar: Private by default
I ran into a scenario where a user was running Outlook 2007, and needed every appointment to be marked as Private by default. Because the form differs so much between Outlook 2003 and 2007, Microsoft's published instructions (http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA011456981033.aspx) do not apply at all to Outlook 2007. I had to figure this out on my own. Here is the procedure in case anyone out there needs this functionality: Outlook 2007: 1) Tools >> Forms >> Design A Form 2) Select Appointment, click Open 3) When the Form Designer comes up, look in the (All Fields...

how do I backup outlook 2000 signature templates?
I use several signature templates in Outlook 2000 and I am looking for a way to back them up. I recently lost most of them after having to reinstall Outlook... Thnak you, JG ...

Outlook 2002 hanging #2
My Outlook 2002 has recently started hanging up. It can either happen immediately when I start it, or hang during "send/receive", or even randomly after a few minutes of successfully starting. Then Outlook eventually becomes "Not Responding". Restarting the notebook doesn't seem to help any for me. Even starting in Safe Mode doesn't help, if I'm lucky and can even start in Safe Mode. Today it won't even let me start in Safe Mode. I usually see two Outlooks in the Windows Task Bar Applications screen when I have only hit the Outlook icon once. ...

How do I change the column heading in Excel to display "A" "B" "C
I have Excel 2003 and when I start is up, the new worksheet display the column heading as "1" "2" "3" etc. How do I change it to A, B, C etc? Tools>Options>General tab>Uncheck R1C1 reference style -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Thai" <Thai@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FA01EA9C-1A7E-45AA-80C9-45DEC8382C19@microsoft.com... |I have Excel 2003 and when I start is up, the new worksheet display the | column heading as "1" "2" "3" etc. How do I change it to A, B, C etc? ...

Excel 2003 02-02-10
Is it possible to clear a range of cells so that it defaults back to template once the user clicks the button, below is code to attach the excel woorkbook in an email and once emails i want it to clear certain cells. Sub Mail_Button66_Click() 'Working in 97-2007 Dim wb As Workbook Set wb = ActiveWorkbook If Val(Application.Version) >= 12 Then If wb.FileFormat = 51 And wb.HasVBProject = True Then MsgBox "There is VBA code in this xlsx file, there will be no VBA code in the file you send." & vbNewLine & _ ...

Outlook 2003 Navigation Pane
Whenever I switch to Outlook Today, the Mail bar appears in the Navigation Pane. (Evidently this is the default) How do I change this, to, say, the Shortcut Bar? In other words, I want the Shortcut Bar displayed whenever I display the Outlook Today window. ...

some recipients receive blank e-mails
Hi, Occasionally recipients receive blank e-mails in their exchange mailboxes when the e-mail was sent from a PDA with MS mobile OS and active sync. Some recipients receive the original e-mail, but not all of them This is a header of the e-mail that is with blank body: Microsoft Mail Internet Headers Version 2.0 MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: application/ms-tnef; name="winmail.dat" Content-Transfer-Encoding: binary X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft Exchange V6.5.7226.0 Content-class: urn:content-classes:message Subject: RE: Survey Callbacks Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 18:03:40 -0000 ...

MS Outlook 2 GB Limit
Hi, I have been using MS oUtlook 2000 and recently when I was reading a mail all my mails disappeared. I was told by my system admin that MS Outllok has a 2 GB limit. Is there any way by which I can exten the 2 GB limit? Thanks, Goutam You would need to upgrade to OL2003, and use the OL2003 pst format. With the existing pst you will have to run the 2gb repair tool and scanpst to try to recover. You will lose mail. You can have problems with a pst larger than 1.6gb. If upgrade isnt an option, in future you might want to use multiple archives (an archive is also subject to 2gb limit) ht...

how can i get the date & time format 2010/02/17 12:05 in excel
I would like to share my knowledge by improving & clearing my doubts. Right click the cell>Format cells>Click Custom and enter the below format yyyy/mm/dd hh:mm Now try entering a date in that cell. To enter todays date use the short key Ctrl + ; -- Jacob "NarenSelva" wrote: > I would like to share my knowledge by improving & clearing my doubts. Try =SUMPRODUCT((TEXT(I3:I71,"mmyyyy")="032010")*(H3:H71)) -- Jacob "NarenSelva" wrote: > I would like to share my knowledge by improving & clearing...

outlook 2007 hang
can only get it to start in safe mode and safe mode:1 word also won't start except in safe mode, excel and PP fine. This newsgroup is for Office for Mac; you should repost in a newsgroup dedicated to Win Office, or even Outlook itself. On 05/03/08 14:37, in article B71788BF-A88E-4B60-9CD1-48BFD9D9DD43@microsoft.com, "13hockey" <13hockey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > can only get it to start in safe mode and safe mode:1 > word also won't start except in safe mode, excel and PP fine. > -- Michel Bintener Microsoft MVP Office:mac (Entourage & Wor...

Mail showing up on iPhone but not Outlook?
I use to get a daily email message from a sender on both my computer (Outlook) and in my in box on my iPhone. For the past two months, those emails are now going to my "bulk mail" box on my iPhone and not showing up at all in my Outlook. I can move the email from bulk mail to inbox on my iphone and then it shows up in my Outlook. Your sync issues are not Outlook issues. I'm sure Apple will be more than happy to solve your problems. It's their problem. -- Russ Valentine "aggie" <aggie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DFEDA2CE-...

Citrix / Outlook 2000 error
I have a number of users running a desktop environment on Citrix XP Presentation server which has been running all in house applications and microsoft suite of applications quite happily for a number of months. One user in the last two days when using Microsoft outlook after 30 seconds shuts down. The mailbox is ok as I have opened the users' mailbox on the LAN and not through Citrix and Outlook is fine. The Citrix server is a Windows 2004 server and reports the following in the Server Application Log: Faulting application OUTLOOK.EXE, version 9.0.0.2416, faulting module RECALL...