Importing Distribution lists from Outlook 2000 to 2003

Hi,

Does anyone know where I can find some info on importing existing
distribution lists from Outlook 2000 to 2003. I understand that the .pst
files in 2003 have a different file format -- but I can't seem to locate any
data that lets me know if importing DLs is a problem because of that.

thanks
Kevin

0
Kevin

Kevin <thersitz @yahoo com> wrote:

> Does anyone know where I can find some info on importing existing
> distribution lists from Outlook 2000 to 2003. I understand that the
> .pst files in 2003 have a different file format -- but I can't seem
> to locate any data that lets me know if importing DLs is a problem
> because of that.

Create a new PST in OL2000.  Copy your Conacts folder to that PST.  Move
that PST to the OL2003 system.  Use File>Open>Outlook Data File in OL2003 to
open it.  If you wish, copy the items in that Contacts folder to your main
Contacts folder.  All done.
--
Brian Tillman

0
Tillmabg (988)
4/14/2004 5:11:43 PM
Thanks, Brian.

I originally used the export command to get all my contacts into an excel
spreadsheet and then imported the contacts back into Outlook2003. One thing
I noticed in this process was that -- I used the default mappings for the
import and it did not carry over some of the field data because Outlook 2003
uses spaces in some of its fields --e.g. "e-mail1 Address" and "e-mail1
Address" -- and consequently the email fields were not imported using the
default mapping and I had to go back in and import again and then custom map
all the fields that had spaces in them in Outlook2003 -- and there were
approx. 10 -- including all the email fields.

Anyway, my question is: how does copying my old contacts into a pst react to
the spaces in the Outlook2003 fields?? Do the field names that do not match
perfectly get ignored?

Thanks for your help?

"Brian Tillman" <tillmabg@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Kevin <thersitz @yahoo com> wrote:
>
> > Does anyone know where I can find some info on importing existing
> > distribution lists from Outlook 2000 to 2003. I understand that the
> > .pst files in 2003 have a different file format -- but I can't seem
> > to locate any data that lets me know if importing DLs is a problem
> > because of that.
>
> Create a new PST in OL2000.  Copy your Conacts folder to that PST.  Move
> that PST to the OL2003 system.  Use File>Open>Outlook Data File in OL2003
> open it.  If you wish, copy the items in that Contacts folder to your main
> Contacts folder.  All done.
> --
> Brian Tillman

0
Kevin
4/14/2004 7:38:26 PM
Kevin <thersitz @yahoo com> wrote:

> Anyway, my question is: how does copying my old contacts into a pst
> react to the spaces in the Outlook2003 fields?? Do the field names
> that do not match perfectly get ignored?

If you use the method I suggested, there will be no mismatch of anything.
--
Brian Tillman
0

OWA 2003 prompting to install office?
Hello, We have a single server environment: Windows 2003, Exchange 2003, OWA 2003. Some users are having problems using OWA. When trying to compose a new message, or forward a received message, they are prompted to install some missing feature of Outlook 2000 (DATA1.MSI).. Any idea what is causing this?! Thanks, Troy Hi Troy, Take a look at.. http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2003/12/i_hope_youve_ ha.html "Have you wondered why, when you first use OWA 2000 and 2003, and click the New Message icon to create a new message, the Office Installer is fired-up and you're p...

Outlook Sales

outlook will not save my outgoing mail

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

RMS V2 and QSC Import
I have successfully imported several of my customers products using the QSC Import tool as a test but am unable to import the items with any association with sales tax? The default Sales Tax is TAX which is what I plan on using but once imported it creates a new item code TAX so now I have two? I plan on importing several hundred products and any help would be much appreciated. -Jess Reference- https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource/products/rms/downloads/releases/rms_so_importutility.htm i use the same tool but i dont tell the import utility anything about tax. import the items witho...

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

how to find an item in a list control?

contact list #13

using the journal on outlook