importing data #2

Have reciently installed Outlook 2002 & do not know how to
import data from current contact managment data base
(Daytimer)
0
anonymous (74722)

problem in editing imported file
As I have done many hundreds of times before, but not on this computer, I was trying to edit some data this afternoon. Its in a very messy format, so I just imported the text, line by line. Then I planned to parse the line. Imagine my surprise when I indicated a fixed width of two for state, and found out that Texas is "T". I finally did a workaround, and parsed off three places to get two, but find this very peculiar. Also - when I got done, some of the columns wouldn't size down; they seem to have spaces at the end, but when I edit/erase the spaces, the text starts to ...

Data Forms
How do you create a data form from a worksheet and does the information entered into a data form appear in the worksheet? Once information has been entered into a data form will the form clear so that you can add, say for instance, another client? After inserting the last field in your data form, when you press <Tab>, focus moves to the New button. Press this and the new record gets added to the list, while the input fields are cleared. -- HTH Kassie Replace xxx with hotmail "MarkOffice2007" wrote: > How do you create a data form from a work...

using office mac on 2nd computer product codes #2
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Hi-I have Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac (Home & Student Edition). It came with 3 product codes. I installed the 1st product code on a mac lap top and then installed the software on a 2nd lap top, which did not ask for product code. Now, I can't use the 1 computer if the other software is in use on the 2nd or vice versa. I tried to delete the software on 1st computer and reload hoping it would ask for new product code which it did not. How can i reload software and have it ask for different product code? ...

New Recipient Policy #2
Hi all again :) I need help to understand this.. When u create a new recipien policy and add an SMTP Address you get to checkbox called "This Exchange Organization is responsible for all mail delivery to this address" What this really means? If i don't select the checkbox.. when an internal user wants to send an email to another internal user that has been configured with this recipient policy, the email will be delivered remotely resolving the smtp address with DNS, am i right? Daniel.- - If the user exists locally, it will be delivered locally. - The checkbox basical...

Outlook Express irritations #2
2 Problesm - Hi, Brent - This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an Outlook Express news group. Try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie55.outlookexpress for OE 5.5x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress for OE 6.x microsoft.public.internet.outlookexpress...

Mailbox Manager #2
After upgraden our Exchange 2000/Windows 2000 to Exchange 2003/Windows 2003 our clients get no e-mail anymore form the Mailbox Management process. In the Event viewer I get the following message: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeSA Event Category: Mailbox Management Event ID: 9313 Date: 18-1-2004 Time: 0:08:20 User: N/A Computer: EXMAIL Description: Microsoft Exchange Server Mailbox Manager failed to send the following message: Subject: The Microsoft Exchange Server Mailbox Manager on EXMAIL completed processing successfully. Recipient: ........ Error: c1050000 For more inf...

Printing report with No data
I have a series of reports in an Access 2003 database. Currently I have them set that if there is no data for a particualr report period the report comes up with is headings and such but where the data is it says NONE. The problem comes when I nest the report into the "Weekly Report" Then instead of showing up as above it just simply does not show up. I assume it has something to do with it being a subreport inside the Weekly Report, but how do I fix it so it will show up with the NONE. Thanx! RHM -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.a...

could someone please convert for me (again) #2
sorry about this, when i go back to my client he's going to give me a copy of publisher in the meantime, could someone convert a .pub for me. the pagemaker converter won't do it. just send me an email or post here. ASAP thanks, jason squeakypants Convert it from .pub to what? gsauer at columbus dot rr dot com -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "squeakypants" <squeakypants@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1136605039.812989.8020@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > sorry about this, when i go bac...

Quicken Money Data Converter
Spent a little more time experimenting with the Quicken Data Converter. I selected most of my bank accounts. The total export entries are 7609 items. I unselected some of the accounts. The Money export files are good, including all the transactions with the accounts I selected. But the Quicken conversion/import has been very poor. Blame it on Quicken data converter. It does not import all the transactions. It is impossible to reconcile/balance the many accounts over the past many years. It is going to be month-long project :-( I'll stick with my plan. I may check it several months ...

Data link properties / ODBC Excel driver login failed
When trying to perform a mail merge, after selecting my excel spreadsheet for names and addresses, I get a Data Link Properties window that opens. It has provider, connection, advanced, and all tabs. When I click OK I get ODBC Excel driver login failed. Could not find installable ISAM. Clicking OK does nothing clicking cancel tries to bring up the spreadsheet. This only happens on this workstation. All workstations are XP with Office XP with latest service packs. hi. ISAM (Indexed Sequential Access Method) is a file management system developed at IBM that allows records to be accessed...

Pie Chart Data Labels Overlap
I am using Excel2000 and have a pie chart that is linked to an SQL source, and the data will change from month to month. When the data is refreshed, the labels automatically move around and overlap one another (even when using best fit). I show the 'label and percent' in each label. How can I do this so that the user doesn't have to physically move the labels every month? Alternatively, I would be satisifed with using the legend if I could have the percent figure included in the legend somehow. ...

I cannot enter data in my Excel 2000 spreadsheet
Good afternoon dear members of the microsoft.public.excel.misc newsgroup. I need Your kindly help. I cannot enter data in my Excel 2000 document for one or other reason. I just clic on any of the spreasheet cells and type for word but it does not work. Any idea ? Many Thanks. Octavio Ovidio What else is going on? Are you using VBA code on the back side? Are there any Excel alert boxes open behind your main application window? Please provide more information. Alex >-----Original Message----- >Good afternoon dear members of the microsoft.public.excel.misc newsgroup. I >nee...

How to change the spacing of data markers in a line/scatter chart
Is there a way to change the amount of data markers used in a line/scatter chart?? I have a lot of data, and it looks very messy... Thanks! ...

Import of kontact name from Outlook
When I will import a name to write an envalope from small office I only get the personal name, not the business name and the postnumber is in false line. And by searching and cant open more columns. Are there somebody who knows. Ulf in Sweden See the "Changing Address Layout" item at http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/insword.htm -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "Ulf Sellerström" <Ul...

Installing Office 2004 #2
I have read some of the messages regarding this, so I want to be sure of what I am doing before I install. The way I understand, Office 2004 test drive must be removed before the full Office 2004 in installed. Does this also include any previous version of Office? I have recently begun supporting Macs, and do not want to mess anything up on user machines. Any assistance is greatly appreciated. In article <1114608452.146343.139870@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>, "wgeorge" <wgeorge29@yahoo.com> wrote: > I have read some of the messages regarding this, so I want to b...

forms #2
I have invoices that get typed out every time Use them. Is there someway to create the form in excel so I can use the computer? This would be so muck easier than typing out three copies! Hi Bob if you'ld like to email me (julied at hcts dot net dot au) direct i have a sample invoicing workbook that might suit your needs. Cheers julieD "Bob Kerr" <boblyn001@cogeco.ca> wrote in message news:9Vvnd.10948$hp3.1359103@read2.cgocable.net... >I have invoices that get typed out every time Use them. Is there someway to >create the form in excel so I can use the compute...

Event ID 7010 #2
I am getting tons of 7010 error messages on my front end exchange server. The IP address listed in the message detail is my back end server. The message states that the back end server must authenticate first (504). Do I have something configured wrong? Everything is flowing fine, but these messages are filling up the event log. Thank you in advance. ...

How to put multiple data format on clipboard?
I need to put both my custom format and CF_TEXT format This is the code to copy custom format to clipboard, COleDataSource *pSource = new COleDataSource() UINT nCount = textList.GetCount(); int nSize = sizeof(TelopTextFormat) * textList.GetCount() + sizeof(long); HGLOBAL hClipMem = ::GlobalAlloc(GMEM_SHARE, nSize); LPVOID lpClipMem = reinterpret_cast<LPVOID>(::GlobalLock(hClipMem)); memcpy(lpClipMem, reinterpret_cast<LPVOID>(&nCount), sizeof(UINT)); ::GlobalUnlock(hClipMem); pSource->CacheGlobalData(CF_TELOPTEXT, hClipMem); pSource->SetClipboard(); What should I do then...

Outlook XP on windows 2000 #2
Hi, I am using the following version of Outlook "Microsoft Outlook 2002 (10.4510.4219) SP2" on Windows 2000. The problem I am having the name resolution from the address book is very slow or freezes and I have tried all possible ways to fix with no avail, is this a know issue. Can anyone provide me with a resolution. Appreciate any help... Thanks, Sathish. ...

tender report #2
Hello, I downloaded the tender detail report so we can group daily deposits for our locations? We are having a problem that the credit card charges are duplicate and sometimes duplicate on the receipt. I thought it was the way they were entering the tender in the POS level but I can't find that they are doing anything wrong. Has anyone ran into this and can help straighten it out???? Thank you. I so appreciate everyones assistance in this forum! HI, It seems that in the SO Manager, you have enable the "Allow Multiple entries" for the credit card tender type which enable you...

Query refresh #2
I am having a problem refreshing a query I set up to another Excel worksheet. My query is set up to extract any records in a named range with the value of 0 in a certain column, which changes every month. The refresh works fine for records that were already in the range when I set up the query, but if I add more records, the query will not pull them in. I set the size of my range much larger than the actual information to allow space for new records. Is there some way to set up the query so that it will recognize new records in the range it pulls from? Thanks for any help you can g...

Increase years by one formula #2
Your date formula worked! Thanks so much! I am looking for a grea Excel book, I don't need anything real basic, does anyone have an suggestions? Cind -- cwarrenpcm ----------------------------------------------------------------------- cwarrenpcm3's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1439 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26032 Hi, Try John Walkenbach's book Excel 2000 Formulas and others. John has a great grasp on XL and is able to communicate those concepts, and includes demo spreadsheets with the bo...

Synchronizing between 2 offices some thoughts please
Hi Guys, I am looking for ideas on keeping a database synchronized between 2 offices, London & Manchester. I know the easiest way would be to create a web based database which we would both log into and process from that point, but I assume we would loose the efficiency of the local reporting and other aspects of a local copy of our data. The other thought would be for us to pass data between the offices on a frequency and maybe run an update query to sync the data. The database is a contacts database so it is mainly updating call notes made during the course of the day. Any thou...

Import Data from Access
I am running Power Point 2007 SP 2 MSO on a Windows XP Professional service pack 3. I am attemping to link data in a Access 2007 database (query) into a chart in Power Point. I can cut and paste the data into the chart but it only sees a few lines in the graphic display of the chart. When I insert a chart in the Excell spread sheet the grahics are displayed properly. The second feature is that I want this data to be dynamic (updated automatically). I have tried all the help issues but cannot seem to overcome this one issue. Can anyone offer me some assistance in this matter? -- ...

2 domain controllers in 2 locations not working
Help I have 2 locations... 192.168.1.x and 192.168.254.x 2 servers - server1 192.168.1.1) and server2 (192.168.254.253) which are dcs They are not on the same network I connect via VPN to sync AD and if I leave vpn up all works correctly. server1 is the GC...etc Server2 is a backup at the remote location When I click on AD Computers and users the MMC does not figure out that server1 is not available so I will show server2. I select server2 and all my AD info is there. When I try to remote desktop into server2 it tells me the domain controller cannot be found. I see fr...